Which pattern to start out... (Strategy)

• Thread starter modik
  • 17 comments
Hello Folks
After 3 years with three 100% games statuses, 4 start overs and extreme fun, I met GT4 only 2 days ago. Got to admit, it is way ahead of my expectations. The graphics are fantastic. It took some time to get used to the farther away looks of the tracks I was used to but it feels better...

It is great fun to find a vehicle so close to mine in it. (the Dodge Laramie is almost the same with my Durango)

So does anyone have suggestions of strategies ? I' d love to see what you experienced uys have to tell. So far I am some 10.2 % into the game with about 50K Credits and a couple of thousand points. I achieved all this with a Renault Megane and the Dodge Laramie (Both quite modified)

BTW, I found out that there is no file operations function (or is there ?) If not, how do I erase old game data and re-start from scratch ??? Or do I need to buy a new memory card ? If so, WOW ! Good sales strategy !!

All in all, the game is excellent and I like it much more than GT3 !!

All the best

modik
Hello Folks
BTW, I found out that there is no file operations function (or is there ?) If not, how do I erase old game data and re-start from scratch ??? Or do I need to buy a new memory card ? If so, WOW ! Good sales strategy !!

All in all, the game is excellent and I like it much more than GT3 !!

All the best
Can't help much with strategy as I am just blundering around without one. I'm at about 20% after starting over a couple time. (I'm one of the weird ones that like the license tests...)

At far as starting over. Just go to the main Playstation screen (without a DVD in) and delete the old GT4 save. When you start up GT4 it will set up a new save for you.

I'm at 44% right now, 4mill creds, and my strategy is simple, buy as little cars as possible, I use a prize car list to plan out a "sequence", so win a race, use the prize car for another race, use that prize car for another, ect ect, good for saving up $, i think I have only baught 6cars, that's it, and I will get to 50% without buying another on the "Sequence" I'm on right now

Yeah that's kinda what I did too. Found that you could do a lot to start with, but just using the cars that you win. I'm about 60% through now and have just finished planning out what to do next. It's nice to see someone else thinking about this kind of thing. I was starting to worry that is was only me....

Yeah...and if you HAVE to buy a car, buy it used for sure.

Also, if you didn't already know (which you probably did), some of the most awesome and hard-to-obtain cars are only in the used sections (IE: Supra RZ, RX-7 Bathhurst, Toyota Sprinter Shuichi Shigeno Version, and of course those 4 black race cars that you'll need 9 million for). Yep.

clittle
It's nice to see someone else thinking about this kind of thing. I was starting to worry that is was only me....

My strategy also, and I try not to spend too much on tuning - what's the point of racing against cars with half your HP etc? I can't be bothered with the strategy of doing the same race over and over just because it's a high earner - although I have been tepmted by the Toyota rally raid prize after 'indulging' in some purchases. I have a soft spot for the older cars, so every now and then I will treat myself :)

My plan (Didnt have one just was lucky) was to buy a Japaneise 4WD Car, Enter the 4WD cup etc., Supe the car up enough so its good enough to enter the top event in the Japaneise events, Win 390k from 5 races, buy a Mercedes SLR, Win the Silver Arrow Cup, Get a german touring car, Do the top event in the Japan events, Win 390k from 5 races, supe up my touring car, enter the Touring Car Cup in European Events, Do it in B-Spec, Within 20minutes I have 900K :yuck:

Didnt plan any of this and was just really lucky. Now im around 39% complete on my first ever GT in the series and loving it 👍

Man ! You guys kick ass !! I am not as nearly as good as you guys on this GT4 thing yet. (I have several completions on GT3 and a maximum win rate of 98.7%.
With this GT4, I am up at 95% win rate regarding that I am only like a little past one third of the game.

My fav tracks are the Nürburgring and that little Italian town where you blast away in the narrow streets. (no remembra la name-ah edi trackk-ah, scuse me per favore)

Ciao / see ya guys later. I got a Silverado to max out and burn some rubber...

Laters

jamezracer
I'm at 44% right now, 4mill creds, and my strategy is simple, buy as little cars as possible, I use a prize car list to plan out a "sequence", so win a race, use the prize car for another race, use that prize car for another, ect ect, good for saving up $, i think I have only baught 6cars, that's it, and I will get to 50% without buying another on the "Sequence" I'm on right now

this is the way to go. use the proze car list on this board to plan your attack.
this is the ideal way to utilize prize cars and not have them collect dust.
as well, if you are going to buy a car, ensure that it can do a few cups, not just one.
and btw, being a good driver helps too :scared: :scared: :scared:

I'm fumbling through the beginning stages at the moment, did a few races with a Mitsu Evo IV, bought a capuccino for the K car championship, then won the Ginetta G4, and that little gem just got me 200,000 yesterday! Entered the British Lightweight, the classic car race in the European hall (forget what its called, weird line up of fiat 500's and Merc SL gullwings!) then the World Compact championship. Its lairy to drive even with LSD 1.5 (crap all brakes or grip really) and its specced up to a stage 2 turbo and stage 2 lightweight with uprated brakes, suspension and race gearbox, as well as a few other little bits, 200bhp all in). Looking at what i have in my garage now to get through another bunch of races.

Well - I got my PAL version some 2½ weeks ago - and decided to take a path, for me, yet un-walken... Start by doing all the Licences.. This will get you a good amount of cars, and the licences are pretty easy.. (I'm just going for Gold, but that's an option you can choose. Not a necessesity... 62 so far)

Next, I will be doing Mission Hall which will give you an ever bigger number of cool cars, which again, will let you have the option of not buying anything, and get faster still...

Then, after all the above, I'll start on the races...

I've based my line of attack on the fact that I got the Chn version the 2nd of Jan. Completed the licences (Just passed, that was enough at the time) and Mission Hall except the dreaded 34.....

Everyone has their own way of getting the most fun out of the game, and that's great.

However, eventually just about everybody starts lusting after some of those hyper-expensive cars the game is full of, and its frustrating to not be able to buy any. Repeatedly running races over and over again to win credits is a waste of your valuable time, so here's the Number One cash-earning trick in GT4:

"B-Spec Spamming The DTM"

Do you know about the DTM trick to pile up big bucks in a hurry? If not, here it is:

Run the second Special Condition (Easy) race twice and sell the two Toyota rally cars you'll win. Go to Germany and buy an Opel Astra Touring Car. Buy the Stage 3 NA upgrade. After an oil change you'll have 654 HP. Use this chassis setup:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay...887 CA06240441

Use all those settings, but also turn the TCS up to 7. I also use the Tranny Trick from GT3: Move the Final drive full right to 5.00. Move the Autoset slider full right to 25, then full left to 1, and leave it there. This gives your 6-speed the closest possible set of gears. Now adjust the Final drive for each track, or put it at 3.90 for all the DTM events if you're lazy.

Now go to the European Events and enter the Astra in the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (DTM), or, in English, the German Touring Car Championship.

B-Spec every event. Set the speed at 4, and leave "Overtake" on. Click R1 to display the map, then click and hold L1 while you D-Pad right to change the speed to x3, or three times normal. Each event will then only take about three minutes. If you choose to monitor things, you can blow through it all in about 17 minutes. When the prize money starts being awarded, press X or Start to speed up the process.

The prize car's resale value is 743,749. You get 15,000 for winning each event, and 75,000 for the championship, so your total haul for less than 20 minutes is 893,749.

Best of all, you can do other things while your B-Spec driver is piling up cash for you, like eating dinner or sorting socks.

Repeat early and often, again and again, as many times as you want. I like to go through it three times while I'm getting ready for work. That's about 2,700,000 without even playing. At that rate, you can collect a bunch of very expensive cars in a hurry.

(When it comes time to try the Pro League GT World Championship, use your pile of cash to get an Audi R8 or an '03 Pescarolo C60. The '03 C60 gets great tire life, giving it a big advantage over other Prototypes. Leave the suspension stock, turn off ASM, buy Stage 4 and R1, R2, and R4 tires, and have fun.)

Zardoz
Everyone has their own way of getting the most fun out of the game, and that's great.
Have you seen the movie carrying your name ?...

I have it, on DVD, and it says more about me than it does about your BSpecing.....

Back