• Thread starter Tom
  • 54 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Well I wanted a challenge so I went for Lotus, what about you?

Started with Williams, may re-boot and choose Lotus as I did for 2010; less pressure from team as expectations are modest :)

Started with Williams, may re-boot and choose Lotus as I did for 2010; less pressure from team as expectations are modest :)

Well I'm not using any driving aids and my qualifying expectation was 20th, I qualified 23rd :scared:

Well I'm not using any driving aids and my qualifying expectation was 20th, I qualified 23rd :scared:

No aids here also. The AI on Legend is indeed legendary; online race (my only one so far) I qualied 17th; another driver qualied 1st, and the 22 A.I. cars in between and behind me. 20% race at Montreal I was up to 14th, but race stewards (A.I.) penalized me for blocking the A.I. :)

Engineer set ups also seem less quick than in 2010, ; I will have to fiddle with setup in the garage to compare :yuck:

I choose Lotus too, the AI in this are very impressive, I expected to blow my team mate away like I always did in 2010 but he was 7 tenths quicker than me in practicing :(, this is going to be tougher than I thought :lol:

I choose Lotus too, the AI in this are very impressive, I expected to blow my team mate away like I always did in 2010 but he was 7 tenths quicker than me in practicing :(, this is going to be tougher than I thought :lol:

Agreed, was just doing my second race at Malaysia which was wet, qualified 19th again under wet conditions and got a fantastic start and was up to nearly 6th by the second corner, had a few battles but too many mistakes and spins cost me possible points and I decided that the best option was to call it a day, needless to say the mechanics would have some extra work to do before China :lol:

I picked Williams. Hoping to do well enough on hard difficulty in my first season to be able to choose a Ferrari driver as a rival so I can drive Ferrari in season 2.

Williams for me, love the livery :P....and they are a nice team! :)

True dat. Yet, "the question" finally popped up - picked Lews Hamilton as my rival...hope they'll renew my contract once I'm in their team. :D

I'm in the hrt I like the design of it , but I might change because I can only manage 1.29.3 at Melbourne , or is that normal?

True dat. Yet, "the question" finally popped up - picked Lews Hamilton as my rival...hope they'll renew my contract once I'm in their team. :D

I picked Button as my rival. I had hoped to be able to choose Alonso or Massa but I'm nowhere near the top of the standings in my career right now :sly: I don't want to drive for Williams again and have contract offers from Lotus and HRT I believe :yuck:

Just checked the second offer is from Virgin not HRT. Out of those three, which is the best team to drive for? Williams, Lotus, or Virgin? I know the Lotus cars look sick this year 👍

I am hovering around the 1.27s in the Williams. Seems about right.

My best shot was 1:23.404 (***** spring glitch @ leaderboards making TT useless, so this time has been set using Grand Prix mode without any aids and all simulation options enabled) using a McLaren. So yeah, 1:27 for a Williams and 1:29 for the HRT sounds pretty ok. 👍

Out of those three, which is the best team to drive for? Williams, Lotus, or Virgin?

I would say Williams, and keep in mind that for the next season you should have some upgrades added to the car, so it will be faster.

I chose Lotus, I'm playing on expert mode with professional AI.

I can usually qualify around 18th and finish 14th-17th

However when it rains I seem to be the only one affected and I'm struggling to beat Virgin and HRT

Back