Why are European manufacturers so dominant?

• Thread starter Ryan81
  • 31 comments
But if it were at let's say the Nordschleife, Spa or Le Mans, the 400R would be, well not to put to fine a point on it, outclassed.
If you have to resort to using specific tracks in a comparison to prove 1 car would be outclassed, then you're effectively revealing a bias, though.

The very platform the 400R was built on was the first car to crack sub-8 minutes at the Nurburgring at 7:59.887. For comparison's sake, that's faster than the times set by the EB110SS & Diablo GT there by Sport Auto. A 400R would be clearly even quicker.
So, you say that Hennessey tells owners to register their cars in Montana to avoid emission regulations.
It's not emissions they're avoiding, it's taxes.

If you have to resort to using specific tracks in a comparison to prove 1 car would be outclassed, then you're effectively revealing a bias, though.

The very platform the 400R was built on was the first car to crack sub-8 minutes at the Nurburgring at 7:59.887. For comparison's sake, that's faster than the times set by the EB110SS & Diablo GT there by Sport Auto. A 400R would be clearly even quicker.

That one is interesting. It says Nissan R33 GT-R from 1996 with a roll cage and apparently it was controversial. Any idea why, it doesn't specify in detail?

I had a look at the lap times on the Nurburgring but I saw it was very Euro-centric. Many Porsches in particular but also Mercs. The highest ranked Japanese car was #39 which was the LFA Nurburgring Package. I think there was a Corvette Z06 in #38 and I believe the 2017 Viper ACR was well ranked, somewhere in the Top 20 I believe.
But it's not much compared to European marques.

Back