Winning any of the World Circuits Gr3 races

United States
Colorado
For some reason I can't win any of the Gr3 races. Most of them are 10 laps & you have to add gas & maybe tires. I can't figure out why I'm having this problem since I never had any problems like this with any of the other GT games. I use to Tuners for most of my car setups. I've used these tunes for the past 3 game & I have never had any problems winning a race. But for some reason I can't even come close to wining one of the GR3 races. Any Idea what I'm not do right?

garystevens64

For some reason I can't win any of the Gr3 races. Most of them are 10 laps & you have to add gas & maybe tires. I can't figure out why I'm having this problem since I never had any problems like this with any of the other GT games. I use to Tuners for most of my car setups. I've used these tunes for the past 3 game & I have never had any problems winning a race. But for some reason I can't even come close to wining one of the GR3 races. Any Idea what I'm not do right?

garystevens64
This came up only yesterday in this thread:

Upshot: race smart not hard.

Tuning is disabled on these races - aside from brake balance - so it's not relevant what tunes you use. Save fuel, save tyres (lift and coast in both cases, short-shift or fuel map for fuel, brake balance to even out wear on tyres), make your cornering advantage count, and win the race by spending less time in the pits.

In races with rain, keep an eye on the weather radar and pit proactively. Pit when you're going to need wet/dry tyres and not when you already do, and you'll cruise past the AI as they struggle on the wrong type. Palest blue is irrelevant, darker blue adds enough surface water to go past the first marker and require Intermediates but if the patch is small enough you can get away with driving very cautiously for half a lap.

Back