Winston Cup INTEREST CHECK CLOSED/ MOVED TO RACING SERIES THREAD

These are examples only but if I were to vary the specs slightly it would be something like:

Winston Cup - 195mph
Winston West/ARCA/USAC - 190mph
Late Model Sportsman - 185mph
Grand American - 180mph

Each difference of 5mph is approximately equal to 25-45hp each difference depending on car.

Also they specd IRL by engine size. I am following that loosely with some exceptions. I will show my divisions split later by models.

I took the day off from testing last night to let this boil in my brain. And after careful review of the tracks and car selection available to us I came up with this. This is provisional and subject to change.

NASCAR Vintage Stock Car Series

Division I - Winston Cup (Winston Cup Championship) SPECS: 1400kg 195mph

1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (Ford-Ford Motors Co.)

1970 Plymouth Superbird (Plymouth-Chrysler)
1970 Dodge Charger 440 R/T (Dodge-Chrysler)

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 ss (Chevrolet-GMC)

Division II - Winston West / Late Model Sportsman / Grand American (Div. II Stock Cars Championship) SPECS: 1400kg 185mph

1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (Ford-Ford Motors Co.) (Winston West)
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Ford Mustang-Ford Motors Co.) (Grand American)
1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (Mercury/Ford-Ford Motors Co.) (Grand American & Late Model Sportsman)

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (Chevrolet-GMC) (Winston West)
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Chevrolet-GMC) (Winston West)
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (Chevrolet Camaro-GMC) (Grand American)
1964 Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO (Pontiac-GMC) (Late Model Sportsman)

1971 Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi (Dodge-Chrysler) (Winston West)
1971 Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack (Plymouth-Chrysler) (Winston West)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (Dodge-Chrysler) (Grand American & Late Model Sportsman)

Championships
Winston Cup Championship (Div. I Driver's Points Championship)
Div. II Stock Cars Championship (Div. II Driver's Points Championship)
Makes Championship (GMC/Ford Motors Co./Chrysler)

Schedule Concept
Combined Division I & II races. Set weight restriction to 1400kg. Enter each car model by HP restriction starting with the lowest HP restriction first and enter each car model with each change in restriction. No car that passes restriction is to leave the pit-box and enter the lobby. If you do so it will be deemed as cheating.

I will be clear on voice chat and type chat to when you are to have your car spec'd and I will give you an additional minute to go through your settings one last time. If someone leaves the pitpox they have forfeited the race as we will not waste our time going through the restrictions once more. It needs to be done in order to be done efficiently and effectively.

There will be 15 minute Qualifying Session before Race. Bonus Point will be given to Pole Sitter. Grid will be set by Pole Position. Pace Laps are in place to set correct Grid Positions.

Race ## Div. I / Div. II Combined Race

Race #1 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST
Race #2 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN
Race #3 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN
Race #4 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST
Race #5 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN
Race #6 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN
Race #7 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN
Race #8 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN
Race #9 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST

Driver's are to pick a Division and pick a make.

If you are in Division I you will be driving one car all series if you are in a Ford or a Chevy. If you are Div. I Chrysler you can switch between the Dodge and the Plymouth.

For Division II drivers you pick a make. Now each Make is a little unique. If are with Chrysler you will have the choice between Plymouth or Dodge for the Winston West Series and only the Challenger for the Late Model Sportsman & Grand American Series'. GMC drivers will have their choice between the Chevelle or Camaro SS in Winston West, a Pontiac GTO in Late Model Sportsman & a Camaro Z/28 in Grand American. GMC has the greatest selection in Div. II. Ford drivers in Div. II will have the Mustang Trans-Cammer in Winston West, a choice between the Mercury Cougar or Mustang Mach 1 in Grand American and only the Mercury Cougar in Late Model Sportsman.

Division I cars have more Top Speed and Torque. They also carry the heaviest engines. Division II cars have greater acceleration and less Horse-Power. Division I is meant for a Cup Driver who is looking to master their car on all circuits, fight for Cup Points and race hard for their make. Division II drivers are a little more accomplished, needing to know three disciplines. Division II will be fun for the experienced and difficult for the novice drivers.

Division II doesn't have any drawbacks to it. All cars in this series are spec'd at 1400kg. So handling will truely depend on the car's individual tendencies. And Top End Speed has been reduced a little from it's Cup Car counter-part to ensure better handling for all drivers of skill level.

TRACK SELECTION

Race ## Div. I / Div. II Combined Race

Race #1 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST "Daytona 100"
@ Daytona SuperSpeedway

Race #2 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN "Motor Trend 50"
@ Grand Valley East Reverse or High Speed Ring (in place of Riverside or Sonoma)

Race #3 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN "Myers Brothers 30"
@ Bowman-Gray (created Tokyo Bay Left Turn .30mi Oval)

Race #4 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST "Miller High Life 100"
@ Indy Motor Speedway (this is in place of Ontario Speedway, CA "Indy of the West")

Race #5 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN "Fair Stock 50"
@ Milwaukee Mile (created Tokyo Bay Left Turn .89mi Oval)

Race #6 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN "Lincoln 40"
@ Illinois State Fairgrounds (created Leige (Gravel) Course Right Turn Only 1.3mi Dirt Oval)

Race #7 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN "Greenville 100"
@ Greensville-Pickens (created Tokyo Bay Left Turn .49mi Oval)

Race #8 WINSTON CUP / GRAND AMERICAN "Rebel 100"
@ Motegi Speedway (this is in place of Darlington Speedway)

Race #9 WINSTON CUP / WINSTON WEST "Copper State 100"
@ Phoenix International Raceway (created Tokyo Bay Left Turn .87mi Kidney Bean Oval)

Revisions:
Currently Revising OP and put Test Log on Post #3

Last edited:
Cleaned up the OP, test log on post #3 & changed series title. This is all final as of now. Only thing left is for finalization of horsepower for each model.

I will be hosting a test race/session tomorrow night. It will be in my SuperGT league public lobby "TNARL". Feel free to join. Will test at Daytona and a short track (created) of my selection. Room will be open after 7pm cst Tuesday night.

Race #3 WINSTON CUP / LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN "Myers Brothers 30"
@ Bowman-Gray (created Tokyo Bay Left Turn .30mi Oval)

Just wanted to say how cool it is to see my hometown track included in your series, especially considering your series "sponsor."

Consider this a free bump for what looks like a promising series. :)

So, do the 2nd tier races run as support races separate to the main series or do they run multi class? I didn't think multi-class and NASCAR particularly mixed so I thought I'd understood it wrong.

So, do the 2nd tier races run as support races separate to the main series or do they run multi class? I didn't think multi-class and NASCAR particularly mixed so I thought I'd understood it wrong.

They run the same race together. Division 1 is for a driver who wants to fine tune one "Cup Car" for all 9 races. Division II is for drivers who like a challenge of tuning multiple cars over the course of the series (Div. II is meant for a Muscle-Head & Div. I is for a strong competitor).

NASCAR did do mixed racing in 1968-1972, not all races were mixed, maybe ten were in a season. Only one driver can win a race, so some races will have Winston Cup winners and some will not. Instead they may be won by a Grand Am driver. If a Grand Am driver wins, they get first place points. And if a Winston Cup driver comes in second to the Grand Am driver, they would receive only 2nd place points. They did do that in 1968-1972. This lead to controversial wins, as you might suspect.

I will be racing in Div.II; All interested drivers are to select a division and a make. Division II drivers will be driving various cars for their make only.

Back