::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Yea sorry for hitting off cranky (the rx7) i got caught in the slipstream, pulled out and realised.. oh crap wall. I checked my right to see him but couldn't so i guess he was in my blind spot.

Yea sorry for hitting off cranky (the rx7) i got caught in the slipstream, pulled out and realised.. oh crap wall. I checked my right to see him but couldn't so i guess he was in my blind spot.

It ok not much harm done but i have my map scaled to me and i can see al round. maybe you could try that. blind spots are hard speacially with these cars.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

I thought the guy on the left was weilding a giant katana for a second. :lol:

Infact the whole lot of them could easily be mistaken for and unusual hit squad. :sly:

Congratulations to all who finished the race, it's a shame I couldn't make it, but Monza is not a great GT5 venue sadly - mainly due to the excessive track-cutting and excessively strong slipstream.

I thought the guy on the left was weilding a giant katana for a second. :lol:

Infact the whole lot of them could easily be mistaken for and unusual hit squad. :sly:

Congratulations to all who finished the race, it's a shame I couldn't make it, but Monza is not a great GT5 venue sadly - mainly due to the excessive track-cutting and excessively strong slipstream.

them impact wrenches are as lethal i should know. a guy once in stupidity threaded a nut all the way up his finger with one. the nutcraker was not a good idea he had to unthread it of his bone with a spanner ouch:dopey:

its alright mate that 1st chicane is deadly, i only lost bit off time but i pitted so lost more but it kept me going with tyres longer with the early pit still caught back upto most other gt300 and finished 3rd in gt300 in d2

Just a few pics from Lap 4 (more to come tomorrow)...

The beatles?

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_18.jpg

Masi and his minions :D

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_17.jpg

Something tells me this is not going to end well...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7.jpg

Senninha brakes early (or i braked late? who knows)... I try to swerve right to avoid the collision, but i was already on the brakes (inducing a skid)

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

Owp yep, i knew it... yes, that's me on the far right, all in a split second... :scared:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5.jpg

Cue dramatic music... *Worlds smallest violin*

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

Yes. I was as worthless as the barrier i was leaning on. Worthless. :guilty:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3.jpg

Cutting the track are we, aye? :dopey:

Fin.

Last edited:
DIV 1, Turn 1......... :( I had high hopes of a podium too.

First the NSX uses me for a bounce off and then some Lexus scuffle that shattered all hopes of the podium.... he ran me over in the next chicane....after that I thought he was going right and letting me take the outside, I had a run on him, well he slid back over and popped me off course...I should of waited I guess. . . car was bent from being hit in both chicanes driver was hot...hahahaha Landed seventh and fought back up to 4th. Almost ran out of fuel.....WOW All I ask is please please dont run me over. If you are faster I will not block you......now last lap last corner, I will block, if you get a nose on my fender I give it away....basically Hold my place but not wreck you and or me doing so.....again just set the guy up and make a clean pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ikDkq-_E3s

The NSX was Fast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ejznTeAJz0

Last edited:
Will get a lil more later. Anyone got lap requests and what not I can get something shot, just not to crazy. 1 minute at a time all she does. (camera)

MY nephew has some HD recording devices on his apple. I could send him the replays and have him convert them to pc and post on you tube....but really what car(s) to watch.

I just bought the Hauppauge HD PVR yesterday, and it would have worked fine for recording but my main intention was for streaming. Unfortunately I could not stream the audio through FME because of a Sound Blaster conflict, and apparently my macbookpro is not quite quick enough to stream from. Dunno if it was the USB, but I returned it today because it's a bit much for just being able to record :(

Sounds like I missed some exciting crashes. My job got in the way today. After reading the race reports I'm gonna drop out. I can't deal with over aggressive driving, and all the connection problems that GT5 has, the online game is obviously broken.

Have fun all.

Just a few pics from Lap 4 (more to come tomorrow)...

The beatles?

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_18.jpg

Masi and his minions :D

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_17.jpg

Something tells me this is not going to end well...

Senninha brakes early (or i braked late? who knows)... I try to swerve right to avoid the collision, but i was already on the brakes (inducing a skid)

Owp yep, i knew it... yes, that's me on the far right, all in a split second... :scared:

Cue dramatic music... *Worlds smallest violin*

Yes. I was as worthless as the barrier i was leaning on. Worthless. :guilty:

Cutting the track are we, aye? :dopey:

Fin.

awsome pics masi, id take more but i always press start at wrong time and miss good point. then no fast forward/rewind Wtf were PD thinking we want rewind/fast forward it cant be hard.

After numerous disconnections, i made some network settings and returned to the room - too late for the race but i was able to watch.

I looked around for close battles and found a couple. Most, unfortunetly ended in a little bumping, a small crash, and 1 got away......why.....heres why, in my opinion....

as Imari said earlier, why attempt to pass in the corners when u can easily do it on the straight? i mean if it was the last 2-3 laps yeah, but why risk it on lap 20ish.

there was a battle between a 350z and white n green lexus. nice battle, but coming into the 2nd chicane the lexus got slipstream and had the inside line - the 350z on the outside should have braked and targeted the lexus on the next straight, but instead chose to enter the sharp chicane side by side - only one result...

75% of battles ended like that, when theoretically that battle could have lasted the full distance.👍

Congrats to the winners:tup:

Kat, think that Z was me. However I had the inside when went for the outside and couldn't hold it. Was hoping he would. Left him plenty of room.......or so I think. Lap 19, will post vid tomorrow.

I had a bad start and lost position to ayrton and in 2nd Lesmo went wide and lost to kroxsox, and was a little behind the pack.
But they were going nuts side by side, 3 or 4 wide, and I started to catch up.
Then it was all about drafting. I even had to brake in straights so I wouldn’t bump the guy ahead.
Then Masi lost control of the RX7 and big mess at the first chicane.
I went through to first with a little advantage over aizen, who had a better pace and was catching me slowly, until he got in my draft at lap 10, when my first set of tires started to go away.
Draft > overtake > draft > overtake
Nycrom lost control at lap 13. He overcooked his braking point, and to avoid him I lost the draft of aizen.
I catch aizen again 1 lap after, overtook him into the parabolica and he pitted. He did it while we were driving so he took me by surprise and I was unable to follow him to the pits. Congrats. 👍
I pitted the following lap, so he didn’t gain too much time in fresher tires.
When I exited the pits I was a little behind him, and senninha was first, due to an early pit stop, and a mad pace with fresher tires. But I knew he would have to stop again. His battle with aizen allowed me to catch up at lap 19 and draft overtake again and again.
At lap 20 biffyclyro was laping us, and I tried to give him room as much as I can, but the other 2 guys kept fighting eachother like it was last lap. Biffy was really patient and lost a lot of time.
Then senninha pitted and it was me and aizen fighting for the lead.
Then we hit at Variante Ascari, and aizen went to the sand.
I was alone from there to the finish line.

Start and run down to T1

Attacking at Parabolica.

4 wide at the main straight :crazy::scared:

Masi losing control of his car

And the guys that were hit returning to the track. You need to be careful in this situations. i know you wanted to be quick, but both ayrton and senninha entered in front of me, making me slam the brakes, so i wouldn't hit them.

My fight with aizen got a little too intense. There was no need to squezze me off the track like this

Nycrom when lapping us and made an error at the 2nd chicane, and i lost the draft of aizen

Biffy trying to lap us

Incindent with aizen at Ascari

KamyKaze1098 wrote:
"Nycrom lost control at lap 13. He overcooked his braking point, and to avoid him I lost the draft of aizen."

Yes I'm sorry for that..sometime is very hard lapping with tyres finished....2 driver that fighting between them Gt class..
I try to be clean always..but anyway my apologize..

Think ill test some more of the gt300 cars while theres no race this week.
Whats everyone think about the wedsport is350 i noticed a few people have used that in previous races, i will need to buy another though cause i engine upgraded my first. I also like the look of the mr-s and the razo silvia which seems to lack a lot of pace compared with the others. Ill get some laptimes with it maybe try a stage 2 turbo on the silvia see if it can keep up then.

KamyKaze1098 wrote:
"Nycrom lost control at lap 13. He overcooked his braking point, and to avoid him I lost the draft of aizen."

Yes I'm sorry for that..sometime is very hard lapping with tyres finished....2 driver that fighting between them Gt class..
I try to be clean always..but anyway my apologize..

No worries. I notice you just missed you braking point.

So to my race review;

Starting 3rd in div 2 made a good start and stayed out of trouble at the first chicane and managed to emerge in a comfortable 2nd but then under no pressure dropped a back wheel on the grass braking into the 2nd chicane which sent me side on into the barrier as shown in the photo.

Tried to drive around the damage for a couple of laps but only lost more time so pitted at the end of lap 3.

Kept a good consistent pace for a number of laps right through to 2nd stop after around 21 laps. In final stint caught cranky456 a few times for 4th place but ran wide a couple of times at curva parabolica just when id got to his bumper.

Last lap was a bit of a disaster then, tried once more to get past cranky456 who was definitely on older tyres but overcooked it into lesmo's and ended up losing 5th to ffocus.

Good race though, struggled a little with lag compared to masi's room earlier in the week but nothing major, may be good to try out different people hosting before season starts in the event that masi cant host both races, i dont mind trying mine.

Not a bad word agianst Imari who hosted at short notice and did a great job that is much appreciated although if we are able to find something that is a little more consistent it will only help us all.

catch you all on track again soon!

I took a few pics from D2 and wrote up a quick race report from my view. i started in 2nd in the Takata Dome NSX.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

GT500 on formation lap

GT500 on formation lap

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2.jpg

boltzz lead into the 1st chicane, wilhelm got the jump on me at the start so i dropped to third. Right about now, XsApollo(Yellowhat GTR) came into the corner a little to hot and got into the back of Vagabone(Xani Z), which caused Vaga to clip my right rear tire as i turned in.

Which resulted in this...

Pitted for damage on lap one and then ran a few laps on open track. Started to catch up with some of the GT300 accidents. Scanny was severly damaged and almost lost it again while entering the pits.

around lap 2 or so, Centura spun and I managed to catch back up with him.

a close battle followed for a good 5 laps or so...

with a little bit of rubbin but no damage...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_9.jpg

we even battled through the GT300 front runners...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

around lap 6, Centura got a good draft off me going into the parabolica and clipped my right rear, leaving me helpless in the sand. I will say that Centura did wait up afterwards to let me back by, but we both had to hit the pits to repair the damage...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_11.jpg

boltzz, leading the race, caught me coming out of the pits (after stop 2) to put me a lap down...I ran inbetween him and Sonic 89 (in 2nd) for numerous laps...we were all putting down some good lap times and that helped me catch back up with XsApollo...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_12.jpg

we all were running close while working through the 300 field

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_13.jpg

boltzz and apollo eventually came together...letting me gain a spot over Apollo and gain back my lap from boltzz...sonic (tom's supra)took the lead..

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_14.jpg

Sonic and i ran off each other for almost another 10 laps even though i was a lap down to him...it helped me catch and pass masonn09 (left NSX)...i pitted around lap 22 for tires (3rd freaking stop)...then i managed to catch wilhelm around lap 25 as he pitted once for tires, then got caught up with a 300 car and had to pit again for damage...I ran in third for the remainder of the race...i was about 1:35.00 down on boltzz in the lead and managed to continuously run in the low 1:47s and get it down to 1:00.00 at one point but then my tires started to go off and i nursed it home for the last 3 laps...tough race but was a ton of fun and managed to set a 1:46.3xx which i was happy about

props to neo for hosting, masi for the new quali format (really put the pressure on), and everyone who voted for 35 laps (the longer race was awesome)

bought a new recording device.....it does 720p for 120minutes.....I got it for this, the H shifter league where guys are accusing people of using paddles and not clutch and h shifter....I myself dont cheat, so my race today will be recorded with me in showing me rowing gears the entire 20laps. As well I got two sons so this will work with their birthdays and if need their school projects.. . .. as well it was 60% off. WOOT Justified.

Hey gents,

I'm no superman - Can't do everything - I need help getting data!

I'd do it myself but i got me hands full the rest of the day.

I need something similar to the ones below, though a bit different - I would need the exact total time for each race. The total time for the top GT500 finishers, and total time for the top GT300 finishers. Make sure to log who disconnected, when and how many laps they finished. Thanks a lot and I'd appreciate all the help ;)

ResultsD1.jpg

ResultsD2.jpg

EDIT: Ok no, Scrap the total time! I just need total laps, when people disconnected, and the final intervals! Thanks.

Last edited:
Back