Wreckfest 2 announced

• Thread starter appu
  • 46 comments
United States
United States

"Wreckfest 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, featuring a completely overhauled physics engine for even more realistic destruction, fully customizable cars that you can share with other players and revamped game modes including a brand-new split screen mode."

Edit: More information (barely any) available here: https://wreckfest2.thqnordic.com/

Last edited:
Hell yeah! Most likely day one for this one too.

Bought the Deluxe Edition of Wreckfest day-one on the PS4 and racked up around 100 hours before I eventually got tired of the loading times 😅 Damn fun game either way. Looking forward to what Bugbear have been cooking.

Coming out on the old gen too makes me unsure of how big of an improvement it will actually be. I'll probably either get this or Wreckreation at whichever launches first.

Coming out on the old gen too makes me unsure of how big of an improvement it will actually be.
The website lists old gen and the Switch but the youtube trailer lists only PS5 and no Switch. I bet PS4 and Switch are not supported.

Last edited:
Oh hell, yes.

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

Looking forward to this one!

I really enjoyed what the first one had on offer, but I didn't play it as much as I should have. It made me feel melancholy as my father had recently passed when I got it (we had SO much fun playing Test Drive: Eve of Destruction growing up and it reminded me of that.).

Normally i love this type of game, but after buying the original Wreckfest i turned it off permanently after a short time because i found it so damn hard, with the rubberbanding/cheating (somehow catching you from miles back) AI. Was so gutted about that.

I did give it a good go, but found myself getting more and more frustrated and stressed - games like this should not be stressful at all, they should be a ridiculous amount of fun like Destruction Derby games back in the day.

Normally i love this type of game, but after buying the original Wreckfest i turned it off permanently after a short time because i found it so damn hard, with the rubberbanding/cheating (somehow catching you from miles back) AI. Was so gutted about that.

I did give it a good go, but found myself getting more and more frustrated and stressed - games like this should not be stressful at all, they should be a ridiculous amount of fun like Destruction Derby games back in the day.
Honestly it was very easy. You could turn damage to realistic and most of the opponents would total themselves in 2 laps.

Wonderful news! I jumped into the first game at a discounted price, but enjoyed it so much that this looks like a day-one purchase for me. :)

The tournaments mode is arguably one of the finest ways a racing game has delivered a live-service model, always giving you something new to do, while the store items are always available which means there is none of the dreaded FOMO effect. Hope it stays that way in this game!

I hated the first game since you were forced to use the trigger buttons as acceleration and not be able to switch to X and Square. They call it modern gaming, but don't allow modern customization in controls. Sold it after that disappointment.

Play online, no rubber banding and great fun.

I'm looking forward to this. I feel like Wreckfest still has some of the most photo-realistic graphics of any driving game. E.g. the bodywork here looks more convincing than the latest FM IMO:

ss_e508ed002d4bfb3c9bf3c4e69afe9aa007cf6bdb.jpg

I've collected every car in Wreckfest, partly because you could just keep going back to the game whenever you wanted, none of the silly locking of cars behind short time windows.

Beautiful news! I can't wait to see how the career mode funcions. I really enjoyed the first one, but ultimately I dropped it after a while for the lack of a compelling single player mode. Hope they nail this aspect for the sequel.

Latest Posts

Back