WSCC- Tuesdays - Porsche 911 GT3 (RUF RGT) CUP *** DELAYED ***

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 58 comments
I know for sure that I will miss at least one race, but I would love to be a part of this series, maybe as a backup if not everyone else shows. I find that I do better in races when I know the car well, and have had time to work on the track. The RGT is one of my favorites, though, so this series might be right up my alley.

The RGT I will probably use is a nice creamy green.

Last edited:
Put me down for this, turbo. No idea about colour... Will let you know later. Should be fun!

added jujubean14 and jackargent to the sign-up list.

About "turbo" and "turbogeit". "turbo" is the name of our family turtle.
"Geit" means "goat", which is the flemish regional nickname name for the Citroen 2CV, my very first car about 30 years ago.

"Geit" means "goat", which is the flemish regional nickname name for the Citroen 2CV, my very first car about 30 years ago.

No worries and thanks for clearing that up ;)

Wow!... So if we are shortening your name do you prefer to be called a turtle or a goat?

In fact, the problem is that you cannot change your PSN-ID on the PS3. "Turbogeit" is a name from some years ago. If I had to create a new account now, I would call it "TurboTurtle". We called our home turtle "turbo" because when it is hot in summer, it really "runs" through the garden like a madmen, completely in contradiction with the ideas we had about turtles. So we "concluded" it was a special "turbo-aspirated"-model and called it "turbo".

I just realized I won't be able to make the preseason race tomorrow. :(

Hopefully I can be a part of some of the other races later on though.

Where is everyone? Been on since 5:15???

My mistake an hour earlier :guilty:

Last edited:
Result of the pre-season race

1. Turbogeit
2. Scanny_Flick 19.5 sec
3. G8R_Mad3 1:18
4. Sientex 1:45
5. jackargent out of 180sec limit
DNF: e.sport

I must say that i have good and bad feelings with this;

The good feelings: my personal result.

I crashed in lap 3, because of 1 wheel on the grass while braking. Made me loose 15 seconds. I decided to go for a clean, tyre-preserving driving. After 13 laps, that brought me back to the leaders, Scanny and Sientex, who had at that moment big tyreproblems. I passed them easily, thanks to my tyres and came out first after the piststop we all three took in lap 16.

I knew Scanny was going to be faster in the first part of the second stint. So I decided to let him pass after 5 or 6 laps. Having him in front of me was less stressing than having him behind me. Now it was me who could put him under pressure. I just had to wait until his tyres were dead enough to pass him, what happened 5 laps before the end. From then on the only thing to do was not ruin my race by a spin or a tyre on the grass.

This victory is dedicated to Stratt-Twanger, who learned me to preserve tyres

The bad feelings: such a great car and only 6 drivers at the start for a preseason, while all other series are doing very well.

Is it because it is a non-race car?
Is it because it is a standard car?
Is it too hard to drive? (I think not, but others told me they feel so)
Is it because it is on Tuesday?

So I have not yet decided what we are going to do. It seems difficult to start a series with 5 or 6 drivers. After two weeks there might be 2 or 3 left. So, if in the next days we get more sign-ups/confirmations, we might start. If not, Tuesday wil stay our single event day and we will do "something like that" next time, with another great car.

To be continued...

Like I said earlier, I love this car. I was looking forward to this but something came up that I couldn't skip.

I hope tuesdays will work for me. Ideally we would race like 4 hours later, but thats prettylate for you guys in Europe.

I hope to join in next time!

Hi guys, I have been thinking about this and decided the following.

If I get a total of 8 confirmations or new sign-ups before next sunday evening late, season will start next Tuesday.

So please confirm here your sign-up.

Hey boys.

As discussed via PM with turbo.

Would love to continue in the series. But 6:15am - my time on a Wed morning is cutting it fine with work. If races start at 7 for approx 1+ hours... kids to get ready... I lecture at university and will check my Semester 2 TT and see if i can postpone/move any Wed classes.

I will confirm in the next hour.

Best
e.Sport

Can't move the TT :( Any chance starting at 6:30am my time? this would make it 10:30pm your time.

Brussels (Belgium) Tuesday, 21 June 2011 at 10:30:00 PM CEST UTC+2 hours
Melbourne (Australia - Victoria) Wednesday, 22 June 2011 at 6:30:00 AM EST UTC+10 hours

Can't move the TT :( Any chance starting at 6:30am my time? this would make it 10:30pm your time.

Brussels (Belgium) Tuesday, 21 June 2011 at 10:30:00 PM CEST UTC+2 hours
Melbourne (Australia - Victoria) Wednesday, 22 June 2011 at 6:30:00 AM EST UTC+10 hours

OK, that's better for me to, because on wednesday I have to wake up early.

Turbo, really wanted to make this series. However as summers progressing. I have less and less time to dedicate to racing.

When school starts back up the amount of time to race will be much better for me.

DELAYED

Sorry guys. We have only 4 or 5 interested drivers who confirmed their sign-up. It is visibly a difficult period in the year: students have their exams by now. So we will use tuesday evening for something else and, if the big poll / questionnaire that is to come shows there is enough interest for a Porsche Cup, reprogram it after summer.

I am still interested, but like you said, this time of year people's (including my) schedules are too complicated. Maybe later on we can get something going.

I am still interested, but like you said, this time of year people's (including my) schedules are too complicated. Maybe later on we can get something going.

That's the reason why we put it on hold for the moment.

DELAYED

Sorry guys. We have only 4 or 5 interested drivers who confirmed their sign-up. It is visibly a difficult period in the year: students have their exams by now. So we will use tuesday evening for something else and, if the big poll / questionnaire that is to come shows there is enough interest for a Porsche Cup, reprogram it after summer.
Damn shame.
Still interested in the one off should you choose to run it this Tuesday :)

Back