Yep, we've done it again. We've just bought another new car!

• Thread starter G.T
  • 37 comments

G.T

United Kingdom
U.K
Paganisterr
Ak Paganister
Due to Dad being unexpectedly out of work, we have to downsize from our Jaguar S-Type.

It all started when my Uncle very recently bought a new Honda Civic EX-spec (top of the range), and we kindly helped him out in the process. Dad was very interested in one for himself at the end of the day because of its radical styling inside and out and with the gadgets it has, so we've been looking and working out prices for the last week or so. After going to two dealerships, the second one made a much better deal, but having only one EX 2.2 Diesel model in stock until November - which by then the Jag would have lost another £500 trade-in value and you're still not guaranteed the exact specification you want. We decided not to be picky, and went for the very one they had for just £599. :D Here it is:

From the test drive in various models, it's reasonably quiet, especially the Diesel motor over the Petrol one which was quite harsh. The suspension is pretty firm, but it's certainly better on the 17 inch wheels we have on this car compared to the 18 inchers that my Uncle has!

It should be here by Friday. :) I can't wait to try out the new Sat-Nav and voice recognition system. :mischievous:

Nice one James 👍, I've never been a big fan of SUVs but his one looks quite well on the interior. The only thing I'm not digging is the color.

G.T
I can't wait to try out the new Sat-Nav and voice recognition system. :mischievous:

I have that on my mom's Acura TL :sly:

Ciao!

599 quid for a new car? That's got to be a typo right?

*edit* Sorry, I'm being dumb! :dunce: That's 599 quid with a Jag S-Type as trade-in, huh?

Nice one James 👍, I've never been a big fan of SUVs but his one looks quite well on the interior. The only thing I'm not digging is the color.

Ciao!
SUV? It's not an SUV! Unless you Amreicans call small hatchbacks like that. Plus, that isn't his - that is the one we went for. :)
"Old Man's colour" is the right term. :lol: It's quite a bit more browny-bronze than that in person, though.

599 quid for a new car? That's got to be a typo right?

*edit* Sorry, I'm being dumb! :dunce: That's 599 quid with a Jag S-Type as trade-in, huh?
Yeah. The other dealer wanted us to part with £2000, and they never even said if there were any EXs in stock! Stuff them...

Not bad, but I suppose I like the Coupe and Sedan (Saloon over there?) better overall.

a good purchase, It looks like fun!

It looks nice G.T. 👍 - they've just started replacing the company car fleet at my work from Corollas to these new Civics, i like them the more i see them.

The colour's good too!

a friend of mine has the same car, and he is quite pleased so far......well done with this purchase 👍 hope you'll enjoy the car!

viper

Not bad, but I suppose I like the Coupe and Sedan (Saloon over there?) better overall.

a good purchase, It looks like fun!
We just the have the Hatchback over here. It would be cool to have the Coupe as well, though - I really do think it would do well.

You were done! They should be paying you...
That's what we thought. Both Whatcar? and Honda's own guides (cannot remrmber the name) said the Jag should be worth around £19,000, but, so they say, it varies depending on the demand at the time, how much Jaguar wants to take the car off us, etc... so it could meet the £19k target or drop a few grand below. It was the worst senario, so we kinda had to accept it. Dad did squeeze them a bit more, as they originally offered us to pay £675, so they took off £76, gave us free mats and a full tank of fuel. The first dealer, BAH, they were just ripping us off.

Oh well, we knew from the start the Jag would lose value quickly, so we were prepared.

Thanks to everyone else. 👍

A lot of Civics are going out the door with the diesel engine in them. It must be a peach.

Looks a good car, and gets many good writeups. I should maybe see about getting a go in one. I'm picking up my Espace tomorrow though, so I'm officially broke!

thank god they don't sell that thing in the US
:lol:

We got the car fine yesterday. One of the buttons on the dash (the kph/mph change button) was stuck into the dash just before we left the dealership, so they fixed that on the spot.

Other than that, a pretty good car - better than I thought it would be. Everything is very well made, maybe some fittings even better than the S-Type's. Lots of room in the back, but the shorter rear windows are a bit of a pain, as you literally has to lean forward to look out of them. Plus, it's just quite shocking that the car is on par with being as quick as the old Jag, though makes a bit more racket..!

G.T
SUV? It's not an SUV! Unless you Amreicans call small hatchbacks like that. Plus, that isn't his - that is the one we went for. :)
"Old Man's colour" is the right term. :lol: It's quite a bit more browny-bronze than that in person, though.

LOL! Honest to God, the rear of that car looks very FX35-ish to me, look at it well, it looks kinda tall. O well, it's still nice though. Did ya drive it yet?

Ciao!

A lot of Civics are going out the door with the diesel engine in them. It must be a peach.

Looks a good car, and gets many good writeups. I should maybe see about getting a go in one. I'm picking up my Espace tomorrow though, so I'm officially broke!

Most small cars seem to be diesel thee days. Must A3's are diesel and im considering getting one.

Ive got a mate who wants the new civic, we call it the space shuttle car.

Oh dear, a Civic. Honda completely tortured this thing, the previous one, now that one was sweet but this, meh...10 times worse then the new Yaris!

G.T
it's just quite shocking that the car is on par with being as quick as the old Jag, though makes a bit more racket..!

RACKET?! thats honda pow@!!!! lol. Whats the engine code on hondas diesel engine? I dont think Honda have any diesel engines in AUS.

Apart from the type-r, the previous civics were a little dull in comparison to the new one in my opinion.
And I also liked the Si, but I couldn't have agreed more. Sedans were the worst.

I like this Civic. Looks like it's from the future! Too bad we don't get those. Very cool, in-and-out. 👍

RACKET?! thats honda pow@!!!! lol. Whats the engine code on hondas diesel engine? I dont think Honda have any diesel engines in AUS.
Asking me for the code of an engine is a little beyond my knowledge. All I know is it's the ONLY diesel engine they make in the world, for a car at least. I think they don't sell the diesel in America either.

Here's a large dashboard picture for those who haven't seen the European dashboard close-up (exculding Sat-Nav):

http://www.honda.ch/newsfiles/000/dashboard.jpg

wow a deisel that redlines at 7k!? HONDAAAAAAAA. lol.
Nope. ;) I couldn't find a picture of the diesel dashboard like that, so I stuck the petrol one there. I doubt a diesel would sound pleasent at 7,000rpm though. :ill:

All of us (except my brother) washed and polished the car two days ago. I did take some pictures of it, but they didn't turn out right with the late-in-the-day lighting and shadows... When I do take some more, expect to see them in the "Pictures of your real car" thread. :)

I like the spacy looking dashboard.
Yeah, it certainly is. The excitment of a whizzy interior is starting to wear off now, but I'll never fail to be amazed by how good it looks at nighttime.

Not much to update really. The biggest thing is how bouncy the car is on a windy country road. Of course it'll be firmer than the Jag, but comparing it to the Mazda6 we previously had, it is worse. Fun though... A few rattles have appeared, but they are nothing major (sadly, all around me...), and bits of trim has started to come apart already! There's a bit of plastic that fell off the door next to the door handle inside. It managed to clip back in, but still is a bit loose... The Sat-Nav is also odd occasionally. When it says on the map to turn left, the voice says turn right. None of our previous ones were that nutty...

I'm 95% sure it is. On the news on TV the other day, they were saying they were going to expand their factory to produce more Civics and various new models they're bringing out, because of the demand.

Latest Posts

Back