Your GT7 OCD?

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 33 comments
United States
United States
1) Race cars should all have a wheel with one center nut and not five lug nuts. I am talking Gr4, Gr3, etc. When going into the pits to change tires, the pit crew doesn't do a NASCAR, they do an F1. Gr4 cars come with the 5 lug nut pattern; I can't swap those wheels for proper ones fast enough. If I change the wheels on a Gr3/Gr2/etc, it has to have the one center lug nut.

2) If the car is a stick, I use my clutch and stick while driving it.

3) Changing the oil as soon as it shows "normal."

4) When the gauges don't work. Cars with turbos have working boost gauges which is cool. Cars with superchargers don't seem to have the same benefit. My Vette ZR1 has a boost gauge on the dash but it doesn't do anything (I think the Jag F-Type and 05 Ford GT is the same way).

5) When I have my options set to MPH but the digital readout on the car's dash is still in KPH.

6) The odo in the HUD isn't the same as the ODO on the dash. They're close, but off. I think when you race, the odometer on the HUD is from start to finish line whereas the odoemeter counts the before and after driving the computer is doing for those few seconds. Starts adding up.

- If that day I touch the game, that day I have to reach the daily workout goal, no matter what. Regardless of the rigged ticket roulette.

- Check the used car shop to see if there is something new or cheap.

- Once I start a Brand Museum, I have to go through the whole history.

- Check if there is some good new pictures in Exhibition.

-Any time I acquire a new car I favourite it.

-I check my notifications once an hour.

-I have to buy dirt tyres for any car compatible with them.

-Any time I go to showcase I have to listen to the Soul On Display song.

- I can't change the number on default liveries, it really irks me when two cars in the field have the same number

- If I can't afford/don't want to spend money on a particular car, I'll red-flag it even if I already own it

- If I've had a good race where I think I've driven well, I'll watch the replay. Always.

Buy any cars older than 2001 from the UCD that I don’t have each day, and whatever I can afford from the legends dealer. Newer than 2001 and I don’t care, I can buy then anytime in the new dealer.

Last edited:
Buy any cars older than 2001 from the UCD that I don’t have each day, and whatever I can afford from the legends dealer. Newer than 2001 and I don’t care, I can buy then anytime in the new dealer.
exactly same here. I also do a quick 'ctrl F' and search for car on prize list, as I won;t bother buying it if its a prize. otherwise I buy it, regardless if I'll ever actually drive it.

Last edited:
  • I have to buy cool old cars. Like Lancia Stratos, which is absolutely trash to drive, but I just love that car.
  • I want to have old and real life cars in stock form. The Porsche challenge required me to modify a 996, so I have to buy a new one.
  • I have metric system, but UK, Japanese and US cars have miles on their gauges. Annoys the heck out of me.

- I haven’t touched any of the licenses beyond National A since there currently are no events that require IB, IA, or Super.

- I don’t use my daily workout tickets until a week has passed.

Last edited:
- If possible, I'll buy cars from one automaker with the same color (British racing green Astons, rosso corsa Ferraris, volcano orange McLarens, etc.);

- Build unusual track focused cars, like a Corvette c3 time attack car for Tsukuba or a top speed build with a fwd car;

- If I buy a gt3 car I'll have to buy the street version of it, for homologation reasons.

I always go back to the start screen of the game before shutting it down.
I do similar, but I quit out of the game before shutting off the PS5

• I have metric system, but UK, Japanese and US cars have miles on their gauges. Annoys the heck out of me.
I am the opposite. I want MPH and most are KPH. If it's a physical gauge I get it, but the digital ones should be able to swap. Which Japanese cars us MPH? My experience is they're in K.

- I don’t use my daily workout tickets until a week has passed.
I am the opposite here, I cash in my daily workout ticket as soon as I can. I still get my hopes up; I'm a slow learner.

My race cars from the same manufacturer must have similar liveries, along with the manufacturer’s paint color. For example, my gr2, gr3 and gr4 Hondas are all championship white.

I also use the clutch and shifter if the car I’m using is a stick shift. It feels wrong not to use them.

Last edited:
I know this isn't exactly what the thread is about, but these kind of threads don't come around often so I thought I'd post about my experience.

I have OCD and when I cycle through the MFD in a race, if I go over to the TCS section, I get a compulsion to check it once I click over to a different section and make sure that I didn't change it.

And I know I didn't press up on the d-pad, but my brain goes, "yeah, but what if, you don't wanna play all these races with TCS on when you don't want it on". And so I end up checking it 10-15 times, going back and forth between the TCS tab and other ones.

The way I stop the compulsions is to come off the TCS section and record the last 15 seconds of gameplay. Then check the recording and see that the TCS didn't change as I clicked over on to a different tab.

Last edited:
  • Cars purchased from their respective world regions can only be driven that region unless ‘cyber shipped’. Two real life weeks from Asia to U.S., 1 week from Europe to either U.S. or Asia
  • I must ‘travel’ between regions which takes a real life day. If there is a menu book, Mission, or license test to accomplish I may only participate if I’m present within the particular region
  • Cars wrecked must be repaired and are out of commission for a real life week
  • Similarly, cars are down for major modifications and paintwork (1 week IRL)
  • Custom races take place in my local weather conditions

Watching a lobby race to see how bad the gameplay is then going back to farting around in the world map.

Last edited:
I’m feeling a bit odd for this one. I go to the car wash and wash my car before I drive it. Not every race. Just every car change before racing. I like to show up shining. 😅

My biggest OCD triggers in GT7:

• Whenever the oil hits “Normal” in a car, I have to change it. I am not happy until it’s back to “Excellent” condition.
  • I also give that car a nice wash. I like to keep my cars gleaming whenever I want to admire them in their UHD glory at my garage.
  • I have to keep my hard-earned 20 million credits at 20 million. Every time I spend some money, I go right to World Circuits to earn the money right back.
  • I have to do a rainy race with headphones on. The sound of the rain hitting the car is relaxing.

I move decals in Livery Editor using the D-Pad.

I count how many ticks in each direction it takes to place a decal, based on the aligned surface and the size/scale of the decal. Gives me peace of mind, somewhat, when I get to be precise with decal placement, because I know it annoys me when I can't figure out the exact measurements I used to put together a design.

It would help a ton if GT could show X,Y coordinates when placing decals on a car. Forza already has something like that in its own editor, which I very much appreciate.

- Whenever I bring a new car to a circuit for the first time I will not start driving until it passes right by the camera that moves round the track.
There was one occasion in GT Sport at Nürburgring Nordschleife where this took just over 10 minutes!

- I always bring new cars straight to GT Auto to see customisation options, and Livery Editor to check it's layout for painting and decal placement.

Last edited:
I hate doing replicas. I spend obsessive hours on small details like fonts, logos, and such, and it burns me out quickly. And IF I get the livery done I'll hate myself for it knowing it's not perfect and may well never be.

I like low mileage cars.

Buying a 55-60k mile car from the UCD does not appeal.

I would rather wait for a lower mileage one to appear in the future.

My GT7 OCD’s:
  • As soon as I collect a new car, I have to see it on Car Collection as I hate leaving the red dot over.
  • If I want aero parts, I‘ll add them only if the car had a widebody attachment
  • Once I’ve done a race around an unlocked track, I must do the circuit experience straight after (I don‘t know why exactly but it’s almost routine).

Back