Your GT7 OCD?

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 33 comments
I move decals in Livery Editor using the D-Pad.

I count how many ticks in each direction it takes to place a decal, based on the aligned surface and the size/scale of the decal. Gives me peace of mind, somewhat, when I get to be precise with decal placement, because I know it annoys me when I can't figure out the exact measurements I used to put together a design.

It would help a ton if GT could show X,Y coordinates when placing decals on a car. Forza already has something like that in its own editor, which I very much appreciate.
Agreed here. I am surprised they don't have a "symmetry" option. Put a decal on teh left door, you should be able to symmetry the same decal over to the right door in the exact same spot.

Agreed here. I am surprised they don't have a "symmetry" option. Put a decal on teh left door, you should be able to symmetry the same decal over to the right door in the exact same spot.
The game does have that option, at least when doing decals on the main body of the car. You have to select 'Layer Controls' (button to the left of the 'Change Decal Colour' button) and then select 'Duplicate Symmetrically'.

The option's not available with every decal though: it works with the in-game shapes and patterns, but not with the brand/fictional logos. Don't know if it's the same case for custom decals.

Last edited:
The game does have that option, at least when doing decals on the main body of the car. You have to select 'Layer Controls' (button to the left of the 'Change Decal Colour' button) and then select 'Duplicate Symmetrically'.

The option's not available with every decal though: it works with the in-game shapes and patterns, but not with the brand/fictional logos. Don't know if it's the same case for custom decals.
Roger that. I swore I saw it once but could never find it again. Thought I was just sleep deprived but now I know why.

Back