What is this track?

First time I've seen these and the circuit doesn't ring a bell, any ideas?

screen529b.jpg

screen530b.jpg

Laguna Seca, as I can see.

Upper picture is new - day (oh, yes!) setting of Laguna Seca with far far better and comprehensive (safety concrete wall on side-track, for instance) details on track and in surroundings, and lower one is old Laguna Seca, as we know it form GT3.

IMHO, of course:).

Actually, first picture looks to be real, second one looks in game...

Both of them look like Laguna Seca, America's world-class track famous for the Laguna Seca corkscrew. Owned by Mazda, created during or after the 1940s, Held FIA GT racing in 1998, won by the beautiful Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTRs over the Porsche GT1s.

And guess what? Laguna Seca will possibly look better than ever, as I heard it will be overworked. So, you ready to race Laguna Seca? That's the track you got there, Mr. tiptopcream.

Top one looks possible like the start straight of Road American Possilby?!? ........in a weird way...............

Bottom is Laguna

Yeah one's a real life shot of Laguna, the other an in game render. It's nice that they look so similar we were struggling to spot a difference, bodes well for the level of detail on the tracks.

If you ask me, Eagle, I think they are both Laguna Seca. We've already established that. But I think BOTH pictures are rendered. GT4's rendition seems like GT4 Laguna Seca, while the bottom picture is, of course, GT3's rendition. The top picture looks too clean to be real. But in any event, it's Laguna Seca in Monterrey, CA, USA. Funny thing is, my freaking Dish Network gets the wrong city. When a track is in Monterrey, CA, the Info says "Salinas, CA." Or am I wrong? Where's are Californian GTPlanet members at for this question?

Originally posted by JohnBM01
If you ask me, Eagle, I think they are both Laguna Seca. We've already established that. But I think BOTH pictures are rendered. GT4's rendition seems like GT4 Laguna Seca, while the bottom picture is, of course, GT3's rendition. The top picture looks too clean to be real. But in any event, it's Laguna Seca in Monterrey, CA, USA. Funny thing is, my freaking Dish Network gets the wrong city. When a track is in Monterrey, CA, the Info says "Salinas, CA." Or am I wrong? Where's are Californian GTPlanet members at for this question?
Laguna Seca is in Monterey, CA :)

Here is the website: http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Originally posted by InfinaRacer
Are we sure the two pics are from GT4 and GT3 respectively? Or is this a clue to the changing time of day feature?

We are not sure about anything here:).

But this could be a nice hint towards different track settings, yes.

Changing time of day is a nice thought but I haven't heard any word of dynamic time or weather effects, an aspect they might have wanted to push.

I still think the two are GT4 and GT3 respectively. Unless PD has a plan to include these old-style graphics for the time change, then perchance GT3's rendition will be in GT4.

On the other hand, I think when I've seen concept photos of GT4, I've seen classic cars race Laguna Seca, and I think it was using the GT3 version for testing. Either that, or PD is planning to include day and evening versions of the track. But you'll never know, Eagle.

Dont think changing time of day is present.

In an interview I read somewhere, it was mentioned that optimal lighting, had been used and the lighting patterns set to give the best visual appearance.

However Different time of days will probably still present themselves in reverse tracks.

And i think the bottom picture will not be how Laguna will look in GT4 its far to Undetailed when compared to all the other track shots weve seen, although im also not sure that the top shot is the GT4 rendition or real life.

its really difficult to tell if the top one is gt4 or real life, if you look at the house, in the top one it looks like there is more windows, you can tell it is a resteraunt of some sort, also, there are more details to the jersey barriers, higher res textures, smoother, but looks too clean good fool though

bottom one def. old laguna

edit: not jersey barriers, just concrete

For a fleeting second I thought the first one was Mid-Ohio. :P but yes, obviously they're both Laguna Seca. Can't say Mid-Ohio wouldn't be sweet to have though...

Whether the first one is real or not I can't tell first hand.

Obviously REAL? I don't think so. I know it's been shrunk compared to a normal pic from a decent digital camera, but just look at the textures around the place. Those Mazda signs, the concrete blocks, the overall darkness of the shot makes it look very rendered.

Well, gaming technology the past few years has shown incredible feats in designing levels and graphics. Sometimes, it's tough to tell what is real and what is fake anymore. What is an FMV (full motion video) and what is the actual game. As I've said, we obviously know the track in question is Laguna Seca. What was questionable was what's from GT4, what's from GT3, and what is actually real. So you can't tell me or anyone else what is real and what isn't. The obvious giveaway as to what is in a game or not is if you see a game logo of some kind. GT4 uses photorealistic rendering. I knew what I said first post around. I thought about it a little more, then re-posted. But if one is real and the other is in GT4, then so be it. If both are GT4, so be it. Anyhow, if one is real and the other is GT4, then my apologies. I may know a lot, but... and I quote from my "Losing" thread in "Drifting and Other Motorsports,"

"Even monkeys fall from trees." -unknown

ACremona22
Read people. The first one is obviously REAL and the second one is from gt4.

Arwin
Both pictures come from the E3 GT4 press kit, which has a few photo/game comparison shots.
Indeed, and to finalise this I've got the big pictures attached.

Attachments

• laguna01pho.jpg
    laguna01pho.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 99
  • laguna01cap.jpg
    laguna01cap.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 80
Back