What is this track?

robin2223
Jeez what is ure problem with me Tacet_Blue!!

No problem :) But have a look at that grass bank, that gives it away! And this thread is old ;)

Yes the colours are saturated, but sometimes in brochures they do that.

btw it's your :P

You can laugh all you want TriplePlay but I can show you some renders where you can't even tell the difference between real or not real. Plus that the pic was quite small (especially if you screen res is 1600*1200)

JohnBM01
Both of them look like Laguna Seca, America's world-class track famous for the Laguna Seca corkscrew. Owned by Mazda, created during or after the 1940s, Held FIA GT racing in 1998, won by the beautiful Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTRs over the Porsche GT1s.

And guess what? Laguna Seca will possibly look better than ever, as I heard it will be overworked. So, you ready to race Laguna Seca? That's the track you got there, Mr. tiptopcream.
I've heard the same thing. Redone.

However, my wish has come true. Laguna Seca is nice and all in the afternoon, but I was hoping that I could race it during midday like in GT2. I may now, wait in peace.

Or why not race Laguna Seca at night like the ALMS is going to later this year?

hi,

i have to say who ever thinks the 2nd picture is anything elce but GT3 must have rocks in your heads!!!. please go put GT3 in your PS2 and have a close look and see that it is from GT3. sheeeshh

well on the first pic i havent seen the larger version but i bet that it is from GT4. the lighting is to perfect to be real life. and that red barrier doesnt look real at all.

REAL PHOTO:
2003-03-Ferrari%20@%20Laguna%20Seca%20-%20030.jpg

I Think GT4:
screen529b.jpg

Soarer, didn't you read the Thread?

I'll be polite, but you poor fool :lol:

Arwin
Both pictures come from the E3 GT4 press kit, which has a few photo/game comparison shots.

Second time I've quoted him...please read at least part of a thread before posting.

yeh! I read the whole thing and please don’t tell me you think the second screen is GT4.

Oh and about that quote you abide by so much, have you ever thought the person may be wrong or have bad sources?

:lol:

The picture is real!! If you can't see that...well I give up.

And as for Arwin being a reliable source...hmmm heres an article by him

GT Life

He is kind of respected and doesn't make wild suggestions like a real picture is from GT4 :lol:

Stop it your killing me :lol:

Soarer
Well on the first pic I haven’t seen the larger version but I bet that it is from GT4. The lighting is to perfect to be real life. And that red barrier doesn’t look real at all.

Ok all I said about the first picture was that^^^^
So by saying what I said means that if I saw a bigger picture I would be able to determine if it is real or not.

The 2nd Picture is from GT3. And please I don’t care who says that its some press kit, look at the 2nd pic and play GT3 you will see the exact same thing.

Soarer, I've just realised that you only just registered here today.

So let me start again. by saying Welcome to GT Planet :)

Your opinion is valued here, I hope you enjoy your stay and continue to post.

Welcome to GTplanet Soarer! Me on this issue, when i looked at the big pictures, i know the one at night is for sure ingame, but still debating on whether the picture with the mazda logos is real or game. I think the mazda pic is real, but with what PD is pulling off with the rest of the tracks, i'm going to stay neutral on this. I guess we'll wait and see in GT4, that's the best way to find out for sure.

Soarer
Ok all I said about the first picture was that^^^^
So by saying what I said means that if I saw a bigger picture I would be able to determine if it is real or not.

The 2nd Picture is from GT3. And please I don’t care who says that its some press kit, look at the 2nd pic and play GT3 you will see the exact same thing.
Soarer first off welcome to GTP, the first pic as you may know no is real, the second pic is Laguna in GT4, however it looks pretty much the same as in GT3, because it's the same track as in GT3, the same model but it was runing in the GT4 engine and had some tweaks to the textures I think too.It is from the press kit as Arwin correctly stated, and yes we tend to believe Arwin since he gets hold of all thisstuff and writes articles about it, however Arwin isn't the only place to get info on thoes press kits, they have been posted on may sites and on every one of them they are stated as being from the same pres kits. Enjoy your time, and a quick note, although your point about blindly trusting a username is a valid one I don't think you can argue that Arwin is'nt a reiable source and time has proven that.

well no matter what arwin says i still think the 2nd picture is GT3.
If its not and it turns out to be GT4 i would be thinking PD really slacked off on making the graphics better.

and thanks for the welcome messages. i will be posing more!!

You don't seem to get it, it is a pic of GT4, the reason it loosk so much like GT3 is becauseit's the same track model lifted straight out of GT3 and shoved into the GT4 engine, it's only got minor tweaks done to it, the proper GT4 version of Laguna hadn't / hasn't been made yet. And your welcome, keep posting and enjoy.

Welcome to GTP, enjoy your long and addictive stay! 👍

It's from over a year ago! well it seems that way. It'd definately from GT4, but not recent. They will more than likely update the graphics. But IT IS FROM GT4.

Back