What is this track?

I hope that the ingame pic hasn't finished having all the textures added, otherwise it's not exactly jaw-dropping. I was so sure that the first one was rendered until I saw the enlarged photo. Damn!

I find it crazy how at first glance the first picture - the real-life picture - seems to be less realistic than the game-picture. Just shows that Polyphony is advancing graphics to a point beyond reality...

Why have PD removed all of the Mazda banners... when in Fuji ad other tracks have the correct advertising (Such as Konami) on them?!

C.

It's probably an earlier build of the game, I think this thread was before E3. They still need to add more textures and lighting effects to it, it's definately the main straight before turn 1 or between 4 and 5 at laguna. I personally never enjoyed the dawn (or sunset...:odd: ) at Laguna. I would enjoy racing Mid-Day, or even night there. Only headlights, of course....:D

yeti
Why have PD removed all of the Mazda banners... when in Fuji ad other tracks have the correct advertising (Such as Konami) on them?!

I'm sure they change the banners around the circuit from year to year, if not month to month.

That is the GT3 build and at the time the game was released (i think) Mazda did not have naming rights or whatever over the racetrack.

I really do hope it gets done over for GT4 as it more than needs it. Tsukuba puts GT3's Laguna to shame so badly its not even funny.

Eagle
Obviously REAL? I don't think so. I know it's been shrunk compared to a normal pic from a decent digital camera, but just look at the textures around the place. Those Mazda signs, the concrete blocks, the overall darkness of the shot makes it look very rendered.
The first one is very obviousely real Eagle. Don't go all CobraGT on us now :D.

yeah, it's laguna seca.
i've got all the comparative (real track/gt track) shoot realeased by sony.
the problem it that the laguna sega track of those shoot is not the most recent laguna seca. it's laguna seca taken from GT3.

i hope GT4's laguna seca will be the latest version of the track.

ra

live4speed
The first one is very obviousely real Eagle. Don't go all CobraGT on us now :D.

Perhaps I need to visit an optometrist but with the smaller pictures, I couldn't discern imperfections in the concrete etc to make it look staggeringly real. If the full size shots had been posted I wouldn't have my an ass of myself, for once. Oh well.

tiptopcream
First time I've seen these and the circuit doesn't ring a bell, any ideas?

screen529b.jpg

screen530b.jpg
I see. It was different. The top picture was GT4, bottom was GT3.

No, the first picture is real, the bottom picture is GT4. It's from one of thoes old real and game comparison, is it so hard for you kids to tell the difference between GT and life, you've all been on your PS2's too long.

:lol: :lol:

You funny man....you must be comedian

The first one is real! :)

Edit: Live got in there first, some very optimistic people looking forward to GT4 :)

Yeah, bottom one definately either GT3 or 4. I imagine it will be uptated soon, we haven't seen any pics of it yet. Just of the forza one, which looks amazing BTW.

I dunno, the top one could either be real or GT4, the pic isn't big enough to really tell. Bottomis definetly GT3.

could it possibly be the comparision between GT3 and GT4????.......hey! only a question......don't flame me!

No it isn't, it's a comparison between the real track and GT4 as has been said before in this thread. Flame flame flame lol j/k.

The top picture does have bit of a render feel to it. I 3d model myself and that looks very similar to a render somehow. Can't explain it... Also if you look at the picture, everything comes in super size, looks like they mapped everything with textures. The grass has a similar tint of green everywhere.....

But that doesnt suddenly make a real pic of Laguna seca a rendered one.

First of all..........YES I KNOW ITS REAL!!!!!.....however I does look slightly like its rendered......sometimes real pics do!

Yeah I guess, but it has been stated that it's real plenty of times.

I can't believe some people still think that is from GT4 :lol:

What does a render feel look like, you are looking at a digital picture on a digital medium. Check out the car driving up the pit lane, and the bare patch in the grass in front of the tower. Ok robin so now you think its real :) Real pics look rendered... :lol: No offence, but What ? :confused:

Arwin
Both pictures come from the E3 GT4 press kit, which has a few photo/game comparison shots.

What I am trying to say is............Due to the nature, situation and lighting that that picture was taken in it makes it look slighty rendered.......due to the Matt finish of the objects......flat lighting (no complex shadows and shading)......very strong colours that are not faded, they look very defined.....

Jeez what is ure problem with me Tacet_Blue!!

Back