Anyone Still Playing MCLA?

• Thread starter Robin
  • 94 comments
Yeah, I'm still playing. Mostly I'm just going online to see what kind of hacks people are driving around with...

I'm still playing it. I recently purchased a wheel and I am planning on finishing the game with the wheel.

The game is aging and it's quite time for a MC5.

I admit, it is a bit old. It's a 2008 game and the car list is a little outdated (newest car is the '09 Eclipse GT Spyder). I'm wondering how long it is until Rockstar shuts down the servers, especially with the hacks going on.

Still playing, I was never much of an online gamer and I went online on Saturday and today and had a blast but honestly at this point I'm just in a mad dash to finish the game basically.

I played this game a lot on the Xbox, but yesterday I got the complete edition for the PS3 and I'm loving it.

What's the difference between MCLA and MCLA Complete Edition? I have MCLA, but if MCLA CE is better, I'll get that.

Complete Edition has more upgrades and Car Packs. Not to mention that it has all of LA, including South Central LA. The map is pretty much 33% bigger. :)

Thought I'd add my own little answer to what the Complete Edition contains. It pretty much adds all of the DLC that has been released for the game and crams it onto the game disk. Here's what it contains:

SOUTH CENTRAL MAP PACK:
A map expansion giving you a new district to play in: South Los Angeles, still sometimes known as South Central.

SOUTH CENTRAL EXPANSION PACK:
An entire expansion adding a lot more content to the game:
New races
New missions
New battle maps
New music tracks
New red light races
New delivery missions
New aftermarket parts
New vehicles, including two all new classes, Lowrider and SUV:
1955 Bel Air (Group 1, Lowrider)
1963 Riviera (Group 2, Lowrider)
1964 Impala (Group 2, Lowrider)
1965 Malibu (Group 2, Lowrider)
Range Rover Supercharged (Group 3, SUV)
Range Rover Sport (Group 3, SUV)
1966 GTO (Group 2, Muscle)
1970 Chevelle SS (Group 2, Muscle)
CLK63 AMG Black Series (Group 4, Luxury)

SOUTH CENTRAL VEHICLE PACK 1:
Contains three new cars:
Audi S5 (Group 3, Luxury)
CL65 AMG (Group 4, Luxury)
Eclipse GT Spyder (Group 3, Tuner)

SOUTH CENTRAL VEHICLE PACK 2:
Contains four new vehicles:
Aston DB9 (Group 4, Exotic)
Cadillac XLR V (Group 4, Luxury)
Ducati 1098R (Group 4, Bike)
Lancer Evolution X (Group 3, Tuner)

In addition to the South Central content, you also get a nice little bonus:

COP CAR PACK:
Enforce the law with police cruiser versions of high performance sedans, with fully functioning lights/sirens and performance upgrades:
1996 Impala SS Police (Group 2, Police)
1996 Impala SS CHP (Group 4, Police)
Charger SRT-8 Police (Group 3, Police)
Charger SRT-8 BP (Group 3, Police)
Charger SRT-8 CHP (Group 4, Police)

So pretty much, the Complete Edition is the standard game with a whole lot more injected into it.

I'd play it more but I can't join any servers with over 3 people in them without disconnecting.
But hey, maybe if I work out how to upload my pictures to my computer I can show off my recreation of Jade's Mustang GT from NFSMW.

I still play it sometimes. I got the game a couple of years ago and slowly progressing my way in story mode. I just about beat the game. I only own like 10 or 11 cars. I think my best looking car is my cobalt. Looks really nice.

Since I had recently gotten Gran Turismo 5, I wasn't planning on playing MCLA much more because of the difference in game and physics. So I was gonna cheese it up and just download a 100% save and just go from there but just by chance I happened to log into my social club and took a look at my stats and I saw that I was pretty close to getting the Audi r8. So I pretty much did the last few challenges and today I got the 1 million and completed the story, which gives me some degree of satisfaction that I did it on my own instead of cheesing it up.

Overall I have 81% completion so I'm just gunning for 100% now since the storyline is completed.

I still play it from time to time, although I don't have much progress and I don't know why, guess I stay busy in other games. :dunce: I have it for PS3 and PSP. ;)

Question Robin., but in online races, do you get large amounts of money from them (I have never raced online in this game) because I am looking to get a Saleen S7. ;)

Last edited:
I play Midnight Club LA on PS3. I play it everyday. So if you want to join LMS/Lethal Motorsports friend LMS_EvilClown & ask him to join

LMS_Jarhead

I've been going through a replay of it. Been playing quite a bit actually. I still haven't gotten all those special yellow barrels.

Here are some of my photos

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

I am not really trying to further my young career in "Midnight Club: Los Angeles," but I am basically just driving around Los Angeles in the game and even testing out cars. I still find it ludicrous how you have to pay $1K just to use some of the facilities for each new vehicle you own.

The one thing that keeps me from loving the Midnight Club games is the immense difficulty. I've played certain Need for Speed games with manageable difficulties, but the MC games just get to be too difficult often times. I still remember how I have NEVER reached London in the very first Midnight Club back in 2000(?).

Heck yeah I do. It's one of the best racing games out there. The only part I don't like about the game is what you can do to the muscle cars in the game. I mean, come on, NOBODY in real life would put 30 inch rims on a 1969 Camaro RS/SS.

Back