Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,508 comments
Is this real life or a game from 2014?

Any feedback on what to adjust to make it look more realistic is appreciated!

Set quality to 1080p for best visual fidelity, keep in mind YT reduced the quality of the source video.

for starters, loose the map display in the upper right corner! (anything that you don't see irl, so all HUD must be off in order to trick your brain it is real... )

o no , yet another site to monitor daily for new cars... :banghead:

DiRT2 - Battersea RallyX v1.0

bgr_00.jpg

Screenshot_rmi_radical_sr8rx_pc2_rmi_dirt2_battersea_30-3-124-12-58-11.jpg

bgr_03.jpg

features:
  • 6 pit/grid with AI
  • 2 cameras
  • CSP muchoFX
  • mixed surface

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Hello, having some last minute 'all the LoDs' panic. I am aware there are 'proper' solutions for this, but currently outside my skillset.

I'm having some issues with trying to keep lights active on cars with refraction effects and wondering if there's a way to combine a lights.ini fallback for LoDs B/C with the full refractive object separation on the top LoDs. Adding every blub, cover and reflector to the priority/exceptions list in CM gives them priority but doesn't seem to guarantee them being included on LoD B or C.

Backup plan is to either rename the light objects for the further LoDs so they can have their own lights.ini assignments or to just copy the full objects over from the detailed version (which would increase LoD object count for no real value).

Is there best practice on how to combine the complex refraction effects possible with CSP with LoDs?

Thanks for any advice.

for starters, loose the map display in the upper right corner! (anything that you don't see irl, so all HUD must be off in order to trick your brain it is real... )

It is a saved replay so easy to remove those apps and record it again or make a new video, but yes that would help the overall effect.

Anyone can suggest a better quality NeckFX for open wheel cars than the one used in the the video, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

X90
Whoops, forgot to post relevant video settings. All post-processing is set to Maximum. First port of call with headlights and such, from what I understand.

I'm going to have a dig through CSP settings tomorrow.
Have you tried other ppfilters?

T
After some time in a race, I get these odd performance dips where the frame rate doesn't drop, but the animation stutters temporarily. Seems to happen most often in slow speed sharp turns and\or with multiple cars in the scene. It does not happen with older versions of CSP so I imagine it's some new option in CM\CSP but there's so many options to go through that I don't know where to begin.
If it's the same problem I had, there's a tick box somewhere in the settings (can check when I'm home later if you can't find it) called something like "extract car state properly” - turning that off cured my stutters!

T

If it's the same problem I had, there's a tick box somewhere in the settings (can check when I'm home later if you can't find it) called something like "extract car state properly” - turning that off cured my stutters!
You mean "Extrapolate car state properly" under "CSP/General Patch Settings/Physics Experiments"?

Is there a solution to disable the lights being always on at Potrero ? I have a beefy machine but they still kill my FPS for some reason lol (only happens witn AC...)

Is there a solution to disable the lights being always on at Potrero ? I have a beefy machine but they still kill my FPS for some reason lol (only happens witn AC...)
Which Potrero is it ?
Lights are fine on my system with nptc364 v4.2 (110 fps AVG on my humble triple screen setup)

Last edited:
Which Potrero is it ?
Lights are fine on my system with nptc364 v4.2 (110 fps AVG on my humble triple screen setup)
Rainmaker's. Average 72 FPS alone (!) and 120 on other tracks - and no problems whatsoever when racing at night in other sims (AMS2 is more than fine) but night lighting in AC makes my system crawl for some reason

Here's a "Le Mans 1960" Mini Pack to make up the traditional race grid.
Ferrari 250TR.59.60 (adapted from an original model by Legion) ( Skins - 2/4/6 - 1000Km Buenos Aires 1960 )
Jaguar E-Type 2A (adaptation into a model by Velo)
Chevrolet Corvette C1 ( textures improved by "MrHunt" )
and Triumph TR4S (parts of the 3d model of the mentioned cars were used.

Credits for both are from (Absolute Le Mans Modding Team)
Antoniog7772
Jempy
March 1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Always remembering, these are just "ADAPTATIONS or (PARTIAL) CONVERSIONS", nothing 100% perfect, but playable for some moments to recreate in historic races like Le Mans.

Note: Those who already had the version of this Ferrari 250 TR59.60 from the pack (from the 60s) have a different file (it's up to you) which version to keep.

Mini Pack Le Mans 1960

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 6
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    7 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 5
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 6
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 6
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
T

I will go looking for it right now. Thanks for responding with a possible solution.

EDIT: Found it in the General Patch Settings. Unchecked it, fingers crossed, I hope it works.

Last edited:
a chameleon skin for the Ferrari F360 Modena - F1 by 3DGAS
1711818967170.png

but also the digital instrument temp "C" was floating (prob only disturbing for VR users though)
and I made the paint somewhat less reflective, changed the glass parameters (less milky/reflective)
and changed driver helmets and crew with matching color suits and helmets.
Then I made some new previews and packed the data for better online compatibility (was unpacked).
DOWNLOAD (repack of the entire car folder)
(@3DGAS please feel free to incorporate these changes in your next version if you want)
And for those who want LODs , wait a few days and you will find it in ACTK garage with extra LODs (Easy!)

REALLY enjoyable now! Esp great feeling and sound imho!

Pitty the side mirrors are not nicely rounded (too few triangles?)... but nothing I can do about that myself. (Anyone?)
"No Shadowed White Line Syndrome"
isn't this a track issue , rather then a car issue ?

a chameleon skin for the Ferrari F360 Modena - F1 by 3DGAS
View attachment 1341716
but also the digital instrument temp "C" was floating (prob only disturbing for VR users though)
and I made the paint somewhat less reflective, changed the glass parameters (less milky/reflective)
and changed driver helmets and crew with matching color suits and helmets.
Then I made some new previews and packed the data for better online compatibility (was unpacked).
DOWNLOAD (repack of the entire car folder)
(@3DGAS please feel free to incorporate these changes in your next version if you want)
And for those who want LODs , wait a few days and you will find it in ACTK garage with extra LODs (Easy!)

REALLY enjoyable now! Esp great feeling and sound imho!

Pitty the side mirrors are not nicely rounded (too few triangles?)... but nothing I can do about that myself. (Anyone?)
Do you not think that Jerry Wei's versions are better?

...isn't this a track issue , rather then a car issue ?
I thought so too. Fixed quite some tracks a couple of months ago.
Too many hours in the cockpit, my brain is starting to melt; sorry for the confusion.

I don't know why, but I realized it when I tested the car on the image I posted, and although I remembered that you already discussed the issue, I got confused thinking that the problem was with the car, not the track...

My sincere apologies if I have confused anyone and thanks for the aclaration.

Last edited:
As far as I know, individual objects are deleted one by one.
Actually, I found out how to do it. First you choose to display only the objects you want to delete. Then on the Edit tab there is an All Visible button. If you click that, it brings up a drop down box that has different options. One of them is an erase option. I can't believe i've had this program for 4 years and never knew about that ability until now.

Last edited:
Actually, I found out how to do it. First you choose to display only the objects you want to delete. Then on the Edit tab there is an All Visible button. If you click that, it brings up drop down box that has different options. One of them is an erase option. I can't believe i've had this program for 4 years and never knew about that ability until now.
Also you can press Ctrl and with left button of mouse to select the area to edit...

Last edited:
I'm having trouble finding out where you adjust the driver's seating position. I need to raise the seating position up in some cars and move it back in a few others.

DB9 cockpit.png

I thought it was said earlier that if you click on the helmet icon it's supposed to bring up the menu to adjust seating position but when I click on it nothing happens.

I'm having trouble finding out where you adjust the driver's seating position. I need to raise the seating position up in some cars and move it back in a few others.

View attachment 1341751

I thought it was said earlier that if you click on the helmet icon it's supposed to bring up the menu to adjust seating position but when I click on it nothing happens.
You should have this:
onboard.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back