Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,982 comments
Those rolling cars appear in multiplayer or singleplayer? How can I reproduce it? What settings? which session type? Could you maybe do a video of it?

Wrong way pops up sometimes when road and pits are very close to each other and AC sometimes thinks you are in wrong direction even though you are not. This happens in Monaco as well for example. You can't stop in this zone, you simply need to get out of it as soon as possible. In MP if you will stop in the Wrong way zone you will be teleported to the pits. CSP fixes this in server settings. If you are using Emperor servers, just use CSP section to configure it. There is a lot of nice stuff, like manual pit limiter, different pit speed, I suggest using this feature.

View attachment 1348568
I can try to reproduce it in a short video sometime this week. It was in both Practice and Qualifying, in a multiplayer event.

I see, I already do use those CSP options in Emperor for anti-lag measures. I'll throw ALLOW_WRONG_WAY in and see how that works.

Rubbing wormy wet dog turds into your eyes is a great way to simulate the joy of 3D trees without the inconvenience of turning your PC on.
Let's not forget, though...there are some pretty horrible 2D trees out there, too.

And this looks pretty darn good to me:
1713669732367.png

1713670184270.png

It can be done well...

Last edited:
that's because KSeditor thinks he knows best and will force the texture associated to the material the object had based on what's written in the .ini file. So you need to locate the part in the ini file associated to your object/material, and remove that part from the ini

It is very irritating when things like that happens, out of rage I just delete the entire ini and redo everything from kseditor for all materials sometime
Oh OK, I follow, I'll give that a try. Thanks! Yeah Kseditor and I aren't the best of friends. 🤣

Hey, what does everybody think about the 3D trees from CSP? I like them especially if a track's 2D trees aren't very good, but I feel like opinions might be mixed.
We already had that discussion here and if being good than it's ok, but same is counting for the perfect 2D trees, or putting the lesser quality 2D stuff further away from the track. Only I'm afraid for an older or low spec rigs it's a step to much, or reading the comments here some prefer an nostalgic 2D view.
Maybe that also explains the power of AC, there is so much different specific genres, feel free to use what you like the most. Even it is riding a banana on tracks with only 3D or 2D trees, why not.

Last edited:
I'm late in posting here, but once again...

The legendary car is finally back! !
Isdera Commendatore 112i BETA test has started!

Since the car has many unique gimmicks, I also created an engine compartment. Please enjoy the first BETA version!
I have already received a lot of feedback, and I will make it even better in the next update!

View attachment 1346149View attachment 1346150View attachment 1346151View attachment 1346152View attachment 1346153View attachment 1346154View attachment 1346155View attachment 1346156View attachment 1346157
which track is it?

Rubbing wormy wet dog turds into your eyes is a great way to simulate the joy of 3D trees without the inconvenience of turning your PC on.
There are worse ways to spend a weekend, I suppose! XD

I'm honestly surprised to see that the majority opinion is generally negative! I think 3D trees look pretty good, especially for trees that are close to the race track and for certain types of trees (2D palms always look so bad).

Here's another thing I've been trying out. Has anybody been using AI upscaling for logos you can't get in a high enough resolution? I've been using this website to do it, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's built into the Adobe suite somewhere at this point. It's not perfect, but the results are nevertheless quite impressive:

sticker-sodemo.png

sticker-sodemo(1).png

ts62e61566289379.png

ts62e61566289379(1).png

Last edited:
shi
Dunas 1981 v1.01
View attachment 1337319
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from RACE07.

-CSP recommended
-25 pit/start
-AI, cam

Note;
Trees were not included in the original track.
If you want to restore the original look,
delete the dunas_1981_tree.kn5 entry from models.ini.

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by entrevias
-Thanks for creating this track and making it freeware.
RACE07 Converted by Sergio Hundo
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
fast_lane.ai, sidelines, drs_zones.ini by formulaHEINE
ai_hints.ini by IMEAN
logo.png by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
trees, marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

v1.01 changelog;

-New fast_lane.ai, sidelines, drs_zones.ini by formulaHEINE. (Thanks!)
-ai_hints.ini by IMEAN. (Thanks!)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Wellington 500 v1.2

v1.2 changelog;
Updated fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Deleted ai_hints.ini.
Fixed holes in the road surface. (Thanks Josuracer for the report.)

Dunas 1981 v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-New fast_lane.ai, sidelines, drs_zones.ini by formulaHEINE. (Thanks!)
-ai_hints.ini by IMEAN. (Thanks!)

Last edited:
that's because KSeditor thinks he knows best and will force the texture associated to the material the object had based on what's written in the .ini file. So you need to locate the part in the ini file associated to your object/material, and remove that part from the ini

It is very irritating when things like that happens, out of rage I just delete the entire ini and redo everything from kseditor for all materials sometime
I see my actual problem is when I export to FBX that particular material is not registering in the FBX file. So KSeditor is randomly assigning it its own material. So I can't see how to assign a material to the object in the config file, only the existing materials. Very annoying.

Whenever I do a race, the cars that go off and out are rejoining from the pits, despite the box isn't marked in New ai behaviour... Maybe because of CSP version?
How do I fix it?

There are worse ways to spend a weekend, I suppose! XD

I'm honestly surprised to see that the majority opinion is generally negative! I think 3D trees look pretty good, especially for trees that are close to the race track and for certain types of trees (2D palms always look so bad).
Maybe it's a VR issue or something, but nine times out of ten 3D trees look like cel-shaded houseplants, or giant cabbages. The lighting/saturation/contrast is often overblown and doesn't fit the rest of the environment at all.
TLDR: wormy turds.

Last edited:
Ferrari 308 GTB Group 4(v1.0) by F40 LM Lover & VerdesGarage

It is Required CSP 2.3 Preview1 or over.

1. 3d Model
1) Base model from Gran Turismo 7
2) Many parts are made by myself.

2. Sound by hillclimber12

3. Extra Function Keys
- EXTRA A : Left Door Open/Close
- EXTRA B : Right Door Open/Close
- EXTRA C : Motor Hood Open/Close
- EXTRA D : Engine Start/Stop
- EXTRA E : Extra Fog Lights On/Off
- EXTRA F : Fog Lights On/Off

4. Visual Options in set-up
- Extra Fog Lights can be disabled/enabled
- Co-Driver can be disabled/enabled
- Mud Flaps can be disabled/Enabled
- Tyre Shapes and textures can be changed(Tarmac/Gravel/Snow) with Certain physics.

5. Physics by VerdesGarage who is one of the best rally car modder
- Two types of Engine MAP(Standard/QV), You can set it up in Fuel tab of Set-Up
- He made three setups(Tarmac/Gravel/Snow), "Look in the description of the car in CM and you will see the links,
copy-paste in google to install"
. Gravel Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/QCYmAk
. Snow Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/WPuMMm
. Tarmac Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/KnfKLh

6. Tyres textures and CO-Driver's Pace Note mesh by VerdesGarage & iku

7. Rally Driver by Frito (ZFLB)

Hmmm, at least I'm not the only having this issue... A bit better than being alone with a problem
This problem has been around for about 4-5 weeks now.

Maybe it's a VR issue or something, but nine times out of ten 3D trees look like cel-shaded houseplants, or giant cabbages. The lighting/saturation/contrast is often overblown and doesn't fit the rest of the environment at all.
TLDR: wormy turds.
It’s not only VR, I can assure you.
3D trees are in 99% of the cases horrible looking on triples too.
I do have a couple of tracks where the modder did a really good job in choosing the right kind of trees, fitting the real environment, using the right shaders, no popping, still looking OK in stronger winds and in wet night conditions, and all that without affecting FPS too much. But it is very rare…

This problem has been around for about 4-5 weeks now.

That's definitely on the CSP version, only happens since I use v0.2.2...

Ferrari 308 GTB Group 4(v1.0) by F40 LM Lover & VerdesGarage

It is Required CSP 2.3 Preview1 or over.

1. 3d Model
1) Base model from Gran Turismo 7
2) Many parts are made by myself.

2. Sound by hillclimber12

3. Extra Function Keys
- EXTRA A : Left Door Open/Close
- EXTRA B : Right Door Open/Close
- EXTRA C : Motor Hood Open/Close
- EXTRA D : Engine Start/Stop
- EXTRA E : Extra Fog Lights On/Off
- EXTRA F : Fog Lights On/Off

4. Visual Options in set-up
- Extra Fog Lights can be disabled/enabled
- Co-Driver can be disabled/enabled
- Mud Flaps can be disabled/Enabled
- Tyre Shapes and textures can be changed(Tarmac/Gravel/Snow) with Certain physics.

5. Physics by VerdesGarage who is one of the best rally car modder
- Two types of Engine MAP(Standard/QV), You can set it up in Fuel tab of Set-Up
- He made three setups(Tarmac/Gravel/Snow), "Look in the description of the car in CM and you will see the links,
copy-paste in google to install"
. Gravel Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/QCYmAk
. Snow Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/WPuMMm
. Tarmac Setup : https://acstuff.ru/s/KnfKLh

6. Tyres textures and CO-Driver's Pace Note mesh by VerdesGarage & iku

7. Rally Driver by Frito (ZFLB)

I love you man, thank you so much!

What specific model is this? I mean its an Opel Kadett E, no question i grewed up with this car, but what spec?

A Opel Kadett E 4S (1986) ? http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/opel-kadett-e-4s

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back