Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,890 comments
I have been looking for a Timing App that shows the individual sector times but have not found anything good on RD / Overtake.gg
I seen an AC video yesterday with the this App. Anyone know the name of this App or if there is something very similar to this App. Thanks!

View attachment 1351479
Unfortunately I don't know the app, but it works with Split too.

I have been looking for a Timing App that shows the individual sector times but have not found anything good on RD / Overtake.gg
I seen an AC video yesterday with the this App. Anyone know the name of this App or if there is something very similar to this App. Thanks!

View attachment 1351479
I can not open this video, but it seems you have the (YT) source, so why not ask the creator of this video? If it is an YT video the creator will receive a notification.

I can not open this video, but it seems you have the (YT) source, so why not ask the creator of this video? If it is an YT video the creator will receive a notification.
It is a pic that's why it wont play. but will post the source video.

The thought did crossed my mind but was thinking posting here would be faster than waiting for a Response on YT.

This is the APP I currently have has you will see it does not show the individual sector times and is smaller is size.

This is the source video for the pic.

Last edited:

The thought did crossed my mind but was thinking posting here would be faster than waiting for a Response on YT.

This is the APP I currently have has you will see it does not show the individual sector times and is smaller is size.

pls remove that simdream rb6 from my feed already I cringe so hard when i see one

That would be far too sensible.
Since this is the AC PC Mods general discussion thread and I see people ask for similar help in this thread on a regularly basis. I even helped them find apps, cars or tracks here in the past.

I did not see the harm in asking here.

Secondly I don't appreciate your snide comment in regards to my post.

Last edited:
Since this is the AC PC Mods general discussion thread and I see people ask for similar help in this thread on a regularly basis. I even helped them find apps, cars or tracks here in the past.

This YT video is 3 days old and not crowded so he will reply, otherwise join his Discord and you are in direct contact whit the YT creator. https://discord.com/invite/XFv3MDSCgM

Let us know were to find the app, for other members here.

Sorry if it came across as snide, that was not the intention and wasn't even specifically directed at you. It was more of a jokey satirical comment about an ongoing pattern in this thread where questions aren't directed to the most appropriate source. I've been guilty of it myself. Certain car or track mods generate questions that aren't even directed at the actual modders, even though they are members here and shared the mod in this same thread. Others seem to ask non-questions as thinly-disguised attempts to promote their YouTube channel or social media pages.

Sorry if it came across as snide, that was not the intention and wasn't even specifically directed at you. It was more of a jokey satirical comment about an ongoing pattern in this thread where questions aren't directed to the most appropriate source. I've been guilty of it myself. Certain car or track mods generate questions that aren't even directed at the actual modders, even though they are members here and shared the mod in this same thread.
I'm guilty of it as well. I try to catch myself if I see myself asking questions just to ask questions; But anytime I get to converse with you guys about anything is a good time for me. [Manly-hugs distributed]

Rain available for everyone and not locked behind a paywall and that works straight out of the box ? Night lighting that doesn't set PCs on fire ?

Compare whatever state AC is in nowadays and AMS2 - the performance is night and day. The engine is too old
Be careful what you wish for. New methods of deferred rendering might add temporal stability, but so too do they add a mountain of currently unsolved issues for the PC platform. Most PC games nowadays, particularly ones using Unreal (including ACC!) but not limited to that engine, perform exceptionally poorly for this reason, with no official fix in sight. Yet, with the proper track/time of day combo and extra CSP effects enabled, like Oulton Park at dawn or Sveg at night, AC can still look photoreal.

I've learned to appreciate what I have with original AC, and follow CSP's development like an Early Access title, and continue to hope for things like major AI improvements and higher quality environment textures. Because, to be honest, I cherish what I own - and there's no guarantee in modern society that a platform like this will ever exist again.

I'm looking for a mod that gives more options for the livery icon generator. I have the numberplate generator on RD from Sylana, which is great, but I would like more options

Or if anyone has a tutorial they can bless me with on how to add more options? I'm don't know much about .xaml

View attachment 1351411View attachment 1351412
Hope this makes some sense to you.

To change the font, you need to look up the full name of your preferred font in windows settings and put it in the FontFamily line

Now for the background, go to "Styles" folder
You need to put the file name of your png in the image source line
The margin line is for the position of your number: 0,0,0,0 is obviously centre
Though if you want to change it left, right, up or down, it's pretty much trial and error, you need to unselect and select it again in CM to see the result. You can also put negative values ofc

Sylana has given permission to use one of the files as a template.

Good luck. (I'm not that active on here so any questions you have may well go unanswered for a while)

Bit of a long shot, but - Does anyone know about a laser-scanned version for any of the below?

Reims
Vila Real
Hedemora
Montjuic
Pau
Rouen
Enna-Pergusa
Phillip Island
Charade 1988
Continental Divide
Killarney (I know this is in the works - Prototype said it's close to ready now)
Magny-Cours
Sandown
Knutstorp
Fuji 1985
Mont Tremblant
Barbagallo
Dijon
Melbourne
Losail
Jeddah

@jac0, whenever I 'show driver' in CM showroom, everything becomes non-clickable. Is there something else I can do to get the object name of the goggles?
<snip>
Hi Teddie, the trick is after clicking show driver (and I also have to click show crew for the driver to appear... ) you need to hit the left arrow button (back), so you are no longer in the CAR tab... then and only then you can select items (like the goggles).
I have been testing it for the past hour and I really like it.
I've spent a lot of time (waaaaay too much!) in the past trying to decipher NeckFX's unfathomable settings, trying to find meaning in the completely meaningless descriptions of what each adjustment actually does. More through luck than judgment I managed to arrive at settings I was happy with, ones that work in VR, and work to complement the sustained g-forces from the G-Seat/G-Belt combo. The missing part was simulating the natural image stabilisation that our eyes and inner ear do so well in the real world, which this app does as well as Real Head Motion, which is praise indeed.
I've already deleted all of my other NeckFX settings and will be using these ones from now on.
With this new app come a lot more settings... Did you have to tweak the settings to get it to a enjoyable state , or do the defaults provide an OK experience?
(I'd ask to share your settings, but then again , I don't own a G-Seat/G-Belt combo, so I guess it will be tweaked for that ... and not nesc be optimal for just plain VR use?)

preview.jpg

With this new app come a lot more settings... Did you have to tweak the settings to get it to a enjoyable state , or do the defaults provide an OK experience?
(I'd ask to share your settings, but then again , I don't own a G-Seat/G-Belt combo, so I guess it will be tweaked for that ... and not nesc be optimal for just plain VR use?)
Default at the moment, but I'll probably want to add a bit more fore/aft head inertia under heavy braking and acceleration to work more in tandem with the seat & belt tensioner.
Default provides a very good experience for static VR rigs IMO.

Last edited:
Default at the moment, but I'll probably want to add a bit more fore/aft head inertia under heavy braking and acceleration to work more in tandem with the seat & belt tensioner.
Default provides a very good experience for static VR rigs IMO.
thanks,
after going back and forth for a while I decided I like better the "VR-stabilize" script (by John Aron, v0.4 - also w default settings) rather then the ac-head-physics script (with default settings )...

but it's a matter of personal taste/feelin I guess, and I will continue to try the other one as it has much more parameters to change the experience ... maybe w some tweaking it will prevail for me.

Last edited:
Bit of a long shot, but - Does anyone know about a laser-scanned version for any of the below?

Reims
Vila Real
Hedemora
Montjuic
Pau
Rouen
Enna-Pergusa
Phillip Island
Charade 1988
Continental Divide
Killarney (I know this is in the works - Prototype said it's close to ready now)
Magny-Cours
Sandown
Knutstorp
Fuji 1985
Mont Tremblant
Barbagallo
Dijon
Melbourne
Losail
Jeddah
Laser scanning track was first used in the early 2000 for racing game, so good luck finding anything from 80s that was lassr scanned

thanks,
after going back and forth for a while I decided I like better the "VR-stabilize" script (by John Aron, v0.4 - also w default settings) rather then the ac-head-physics script (with default settings )...

but it's a matter of personal taste/feelin I guess, and I will continue to try the other one as it has much more parameters to change the experience ... maybe w some tweaking it will prevail for me.
I have been doing exactly the same. VR-stabilize is great for banked road sections but this new one that Masscot found does add what i feel has been missing as in g force reaction in VR. Problem is, as default i find it too linear and for some reason giving me eye strain. So i have tweeked it and although not my final adjustment i am sure feels more real to me. I have added a little back and fore head tilt and sharpened up the timing of the forces plus the car does not move fore and aft to the same degree. Not sure if you would like to try out my changes but i can pass them on to you if want.

I have been doing exactly the same. VR-stabilize is great for banked road sections but this new one that Masscot found does add what i feel has been missing as in g force reaction in VR. Problem is, as default i find it too linear and for some reason giving me eye strain. So i have tweeked it and although not my final adjustment i am sure feels more real to me. I have added a little back and fore head tilt and sharpened up the timing of the forces plus the car does not move fore and aft to the same degree. Not sure if you would like to try out my changes but i can pass them on to you if want.
Please do share the link, I'd be interested to try this.

Where does the speedometer comes from please ? :)

Where does the speedometer comes from please ? :)
You can find several different f1 HUDs on Overtake.gg

It should be this one.

Here are others with fixes

Certainly would like to try! And I'm sure other VR users are also ever interrested in trying to better the immersion even further...
(esp. with things that don't cost an arm and a leg)
So please do share here your settings once you dialed them in... Much appreciated!

Hi everyone.

One question regarding to the latest version of the ''rt_zolder'' (1.2): is there a fix for the grass on top of the white line after the curb?
Mesh: sandbrb001
Material: sandverge
Other than that, everything is PERFECT! I really like this track, it's only this tiny piece of grass which has been bothering me since release :banghead:

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_zolder_1-4-124-11-20-3.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_zolder_1-4-124-11-20-3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 7
Laser scanning track was first used in the early 2000 for racing game, so good luck finding anything from 80s that was lassr scanned
I know, but what about the rest? Some of them are modern and most of the classic ones are still used as well.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

One question regarding to the latest version of the ''rt_zolder'' (1.2): is there a fix for the grass on top of the white line after the curb?
Mesh: sandbrb001
Material: sandverge
Other than that, everything is PERFECT! I really like this track, it's only this tiny piece of grass which has been bothering me since release :banghead:
try adding "sandbrb001" to OCCLUDING_MESHES and/or "sandverge" OCCLUDING_MATERIALS in [GRASS_FX] section of ext_config.ini

[GRASS_FX]
OCCLUDING_MESHES = ....... , sandbrb001
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS= ....... , sandverge

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back