Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,981 comments
So many people waiting for AC2. I am too... but if it's not compatible AC1 mods (and I doubt it will be) it takes YEARS before it can replace AC1. I don't really need anything. AC1 ai is pretty good as long as the track ai and lines have done properly. The only really, really bad minus is when you play longer races... the ai backmarker (blue flagged cars) behavior. They're not giving space. Same for the QF laps. That is the single biggest issue for me in AC1.

Sometimes when ai cars come from the pitlane (like Kunos Brands Hatch) they actually give you space before they enter the track. I don't know how that same behavior can't be implemented to the actual races' warmup laps and backmarkers. See 1:45 on this video when Stefan Johansson is coming in from the pit. He slows the car and almost stops it when Williams is coming through.

youtu.be/5LQ56L7Ayb8?si=LMH4lD9qYNri5vvv&t=105
To the point of longer races, one "big" thing AC is missing for me that ACC has (and I hope AC2 has) is offline mid-game saving. With how much variety AC has, it would be very cool to have a couple real time 6-12-24hr races in rotation to do with all sorts of era's of motorsport. Sit down, do 30min here and there over a month and finish the real 1967 24hr Le Mans yourself :)

To the point of longer races, one "big" thing AC is missing for me that ACC has (and I hope AC2 has) is offline mid-game saving. With how much variety AC has, it would be very cool to have a couple real time 6-12-24hr races in rotation to do with all sorts of era's of motorsport. Sit down, do 30min here and there over a month and finish the real 1967 24hr Le Mans yourself :)
This. With a mid race save feature and better AI's awareness AC would be perfect.

Last edited:
X90
Does anyone know why my AI for the Reboot Mount Panorama is so slow? I'm getting ~2:13s in the V8SCorsa Supercars and ~2:10s in the RSS Lamborghini Huracan, and can get another second or two by changing out the AI.

These are obviously deathly slow times for those familiar with the track. This guy seems to be getting way better times than I am from the AI, see the pictures:

Reboot Panorama New AI

AI at 100%. Clean install of both track and car did nothing. Disabling the entire New AI Behavior CSP tab also did nothing.

Thanks to anyone who may know.
Had another league member confirm today that this was happening to him too. 2:12-2:14s for the Supercars at 100% strength.

A bit of a bump to see if there's a solution around. Perhaps CSP has borked it somehow.

How to enable camera animation going around the car of the beginning off the races
I use the GT7 HUD and enable the option in its config. Not sure if there other ways to do it but that is how I get that animation
at the start of races.

You don't need to use the HUD to get the animation to work.
gt7 hud.jpg

Last edited:
Beter to test these by yourself? Maybe you like visual bad made tracks because the drive is so smooth and very realistic. Or what if your PC has problems in maintaining a decent straight FPS.

First check out the available track and enhance mods/versions on the Breathe list and on Overtake. Install them.
Before driving, I look around focusing on some objects like trees/rocks, the road and the indication about shimmer/jaggies.
Then a quick drive on how the tracks drives.

To make room on my SSD, I did a couple test on this Woodland circuit and on some tracks, the trees and hedges are made from crapwood and are looking like a cardboard display. Despite it is a very good made track, the track from @LuisB https://www.overtake.gg/threads/nordschleife-1967.268755/ I did drive a couple of weeks ago, does face this problem. While I think especially for a woodland track near the road trees and hedges should be well made. But maybe this is only noticeable when driving in VR mode and not on a single monitor.

If wanting the best made vintage track, I can advise to download all @fat-alfies tracks, these are the best made free vintage tracks you can find for Assetto Corsa.

Good points. I've tried a few, but my judgment isn't good enough so I wanted a second (several) opinion. I love Fat Alfie's tracks, I have them all and I enjoy them whenever I can, but I just wanted Nür'67. Thanks for the tips.

Here's what I think (hope) AC2 will offer us over AC. Improved graphics (including weather & day/night) and audio. Better VR performance. A campaign of some sort, maybe licence based to open doors to better categories of cars.

And here is where I am going out on a limb with a prediction/major hope, a launcher for AC within AC2. I am pretty sure with the masses of mod content out in the wild they can not make compatibility happen reliably, so just make AC run inside/aside AC2. Almost as if AC2 becomes the content manager for OG AC. Win win, no?

X90
Had another league member confirm today that this was happening to him too. 2:12-2:14s for the Supercars at 100% strength.

A bit of a bump to see if there's a solution around. Perhaps CSP has borked it somehow.
Could someone please possibly share their "ai" folder and everything that has to do with the AI from the "data" folder? Not at my PC at the moment but I remember I have "ai_hints", "ideal_line" and maybe even more AI-related in it.
AI is quick on the fast section of the track but very slow at the hill (between Turn 5 and Turn 18). Last time I tried a race weekend I was almost 2 seconds faster every lap than car in P2 on 100%...
I remember it being a lot better before.

edit: I race mostly with RSS and URD GT3s there.

Last edited:
Racing livery sponsorship logo website
Hi All, Bit of a long shot but I'm sure my old brain remembered a member posting a link to a website for sponsor logos for creating custom liveries. Knew i should have bookmarked it ! :banghead:
I have tried the forum search engine but to no avail - wrong keywords maybe?
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Alternative billboards skin for Clydeside Street Circuit
Screenshot_avr_nsx_r_2002_glasgow_hydro_gtomega_25-3-124-22-2-55.jpg

Clydeside Street Circuit by Nukedrop ( @pk3r72owns );

Used @Masscot textures.

Alternative billboards skin Download (mediafire)

Maybe a good idea for Nuzzi and his "special" apps. I mean, no one thought about rolling starts but nowadays, thanks to him, we have it. Is he around here reading maybe? I would love to have such an app.

Honeslty, what a jerk is him (sorry to be so harsh but he and the guy who revealed hot to decrypt things have killed the old good modders community and make the new one toxic). So IMHO he doesn't deserve mercy for what he does...
Could you be a bit more clear please ? Who exactly are you calling a jerk ? I hope you don't mean @Breathe ?
hi do you have a working download link for this please ?
current one shows unavailable
I told you where to get the track... the link to download works fine... just checked a moment ago. :rolleyes:

I tagged it as 'looks.4', so it's not super pretty, but it's apparently the only Pembrey out there (?). I put it on my gdrive for ya.

thank you got it downloaded and working thank you so much :)

REAL tab > line 1508 > click the black AC logo in column B
got it working now , thank you for the help , new to sim racing and pc so its a bit of a lurning curve :)

Ive had a bit of a mare with a backup of my AC folder to my Unraid server. For some reason not everything has transferred properly. Sometimes I have lost just the ui_car.json and other times I have lost the actual .kn5 for the car. Really odd.
Currently trying to figure out where I got debora_lmp296 from, if anyone knows, I would be grateful

Last edited:
Can anyone help. I want to add another version of a car that has been modified but still want to keep the original.
I have tried changing the name by adding car name then added _v2 but it gives errors when you select it to race.
Any ideas please.

Can anyone help. I want to add another version of a car that has been modified but still want to keep the original.
I have tried changing the name by adding car name then added _v2 but it gives errors when you select it to race.
Any ideas please.
If you want to make a clone of an existing car (works only for unencrypted cars!), you first have to unpack data.acd in the original car folder (that's very important!) to create a "data" folder. In the second step you make a copy of the original car folder "carname" and rename it to "carname_new" or what you like and delete the data.acd in the new car folder. In the last step you must go to the sound folder "sfx" and rename the sound file "carname.bank" to "carname_new.bank" and edit GUIDs.txt and change every entry with "carname" to "carname_new". Now the cloned car willl work. It's also a good idea to change car name in the "ui_car.json" of the new car, so it's different to original car.

But don't forget, this works only for unencrypted car and if you unpack the data.acd in the original car folder before renaming it!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back