Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,529 comments
Just my two cents. I have been racing for fifty years. I have driven many different kinds of cars over my amateur career. Sedans, open wheel and sports racers (see photos) and won fourteen Northeast, USA Championships. AC has become my favorite sim to race on. The extent of cars and tracks is huge. Some of the tracks I raced on are in the game but no longer around (Bridgehampton, Bryar).The game is a lot of fun and I get hours of enjoyment from playing it. Does it simulate real driving? Without the physical effects, it's not really close. Without the pull of g forces I don't get a sense of real attachment to the car I am driving. It is difficult as it requires visual representation of the g forces. When driving an actual car, your body provides some much feedback to what is happening all around you. In any sim, even with a motion chair, it is all still visual. A motion chair provides movement but not the feel of being pushed by inertia into the side of the seat or the weight pulling on your neck or arms and legs. I'll even add in the heat. During the simmer temps inside the car are well over a hundred degrees. Oh, and one other thing, when you crash you just reset and go again. I am lucky, in my career I have had only several bad crashes (one hospitalization and two total rebuilds of the cars). Real life crashes hurt and cost a lot of money.
scan.jpg
S6.jpg
49300707321_93169a56f3_o.jpg
scan0008.jpg
Fit at Pitt 5.jpg
66F67915-3982-4D27-BCF7-E9D672AF609B.JPG

:redflag:WARNING:redflag:
if you use a Quest with USB Link cable as PCVR for playing AC , DO NOT update to v65 of the Meta software.
This seems to break the USB Link functionality.

(check here for the Forum post, if you encountered the same please give a bump there in form of a reply or increase Kudos.
I also informed admins to take a look at that posting... hopefully they react quickly, as now my Q3 is an expensive paperweight.)

It has been vocalised a few times in the past, I've even said it myself.
Accurate lap times on laser-scanned tracks are just one more way for us to try and fool ourselves that the car is somehow accurate to its real-life counterpart. Of course, claiming that any sim car provides an accurate experience is like playing Call Of Duty and claiming you know how a soldier feels in the heat of battle. Sim racing is a videogame, and even sitting in a g-seat in VR on a motion platform with surround sound, FFB wheel, shifter and pedals... it's still just a videogame. We can use all the technology available to our wallets but it'll never really feel much like driving a real car around a real track. It's still bloody good fun though. But let's not try to pretend that an accurate lap time means that the car is somehow accurate, or that we have the skills of motorsport professionals. Devs and modders know that lap times are one of the few metrics by which 'accuracy' will be judged by the average Joe Simmer, so car specs are often fudged to achieve this. It's pretty meaningless.
Data point in support: Just watching F2 Quali, and they had a live heart-rate monitor on Miyata. A full second off the pole-pace, in an F2, and his heart-rate was absolutely PINNED over 180bpm for the entire lap. Gracious.

shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 04 - Imola v1.0
The Imola billboard in the Imola 1995-2005 by RMi has been updated to the F1 1998 version.
Some textures and objects from Grand Prix Team's rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack were used.

View attachment 1356148
-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Imola 1995-2005 by @RMi_wood
rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack by Grand Prix Team
-Thanks for giving me permission.

1998 Updated by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
distmarker.dds obtained from F1-97 By @JV82 (skin)
marshall and cameraman by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Great work on the late '90s Imola! I have just one hint to say: May i suggest some waiving flag here and there on the grandstands? Tha would add so much immersion!

Anyway it seems some people don't understand the concept of comparing a simulator mod lap-time to reference Lap-time
set irl by an F1 driver.

Today during FP1 the fastest Laptime was a 1:16:990 by a Ferrari. I took the RTT RB20 V1.20 yes it's not a Ferrari on Imola F1 2023 layout.

I think some people don't understand that is what I was comparing or referring to! You would have to be crazy to assume I implied anything more than this. AC Track + F1 Car MOD vs irl F1 Lap time, the mod does come close. This is exactly what I said!!!

So my statement holds true the RTT RB20 mod can achieve similar lap-times to the current irl F1 2024 cars in the game!!!

I managed in game a 1:16:993. If this concept is too hard for you guys to understand I can't help any of you.

imola Fp1.jpg

Does this make me has good has an IRL F1 driver??? Obviously NOT! I never made any such claim! this is a game people! A Game!

Does it matter or make AC more or less fun? This has nothing to do with what I said in my OP. Many of you guys blew this
way out of proportion with talks about realism etc... It does not matter in the least, "I said of the 3 RB20 mods I tested the RTT versions comes the closest to IRL laptimes" Where did I say you will be good has an IRL F1 driver if you match the laptime in a game?

Peace!

Last edited:
Just my two cents. I have been racing for fifty years. I have driven many different kinds of cars over my amateur career. Sedans, open wheel and sports racers (see photos) and won fourteen Northeast, USA Championships. AC has become my favorite sim to race on. The extent of cars and tracks is huge. Some of the tracks I raced on are in the game but no longer around (Bridgehampton, Bryar).The game is a lot of fun and I get hours of enjoyment from playing it. Does it simulate real driving? Without the physical effects, it's not really close. Without the pull of g forces I don't get a sense of real attachment to the car I am driving. It is difficult as it requires visual representation of the g forces. When driving an actual car, your body provides some much feedback to what is happening all around you. In any sim, even with a motion chair, it is all still visual. A motion chair provides movement but not the feel of being pushed by inertia into the side of the seat or the weight pulling on your neck or arms and legs. I'll even add in the heat. During the simmer temps inside the car are well over a hundred degrees. Oh, and one other thing, when you crash you just reset and go again. I am lucky, in my career I have had only several bad crashes (one hospitalization and two total rebuilds of the cars). Real life crashes hurt and cost a lot of money.View attachment 1356210View attachment 1356211View attachment 1356212View attachment 1356214View attachment 1356215View attachment 1356216
I love the 14 car that became the 94 but I can't be sure about what the 71 became; 79? 74? Either way thanks for your insight and sharing.

I love the 14 car that became the 94 but I can't be sure about what the 71 became; 79? 74? Either way thanks for your insight and sharing.
Unfortunately, you pick a number for your car and paint it, when you register for a race event you find out someone else registered before you and picked your number to use for the weekend. A handy use for colored duck tape.

Just my two cents. I have been racing for fifty years. I have driven many different kinds of cars over my amateur career. Sedans, open wheel and sports racers (see photos) and won fourteen Northeast, USA Championships. AC has become my favorite sim to race on. The extent of cars and tracks is huge. Some of the tracks I raced on are in the game but no longer around (Bridgehampton, Bryar).The game is a lot of fun and I get hours of enjoyment from playing it. Does it simulate real driving? Without the physical effects, it's not really close. Without the pull of g forces I don't get a sense of real attachment to the car I am driving. It is difficult as it requires visual representation of the g forces. When driving an actual car, your body provides some much feedback to what is happening all around you. In any sim, even with a motion chair, it is all still visual. A motion chair provides movement but not the feel of being pushed by inertia into the side of the seat or the weight pulling on your neck or arms and legs. I'll even add in the heat. During the simmer temps inside the car are well over a hundred degrees. Oh, and one other thing, when you crash you just reset and go again. I am lucky, in my career I have had only several bad crashes (one hospitalization and two total rebuilds of the cars). Real life crashes hurt and cost a lot of money.View attachment 1356210View attachment 1356211View attachment 1356212View attachment 1356214View attachment 1356215View attachment 1356216

Wow 🤩 I am jealous now

The difference between a sim-racing and racing in a real car is the same difference between spending a night with Pamela Anderson and watching her videos on P**n-Hub. Both things are fun, but they are definitely not the same.
I don't disagree with you.

This was my point I never said getting a similar lap-time in a sim-racing game was the same has a IRL F1 driver getting
the same lap-time. But.. some people made it seem like that is what I was saying when I clearly did not make such a claim!

That would be Ludicrous!

Anyway it seems some people don't understand the concept of comparing a simulator mod lap-time to reference Lap-time
set irl by an F1 driver.

Today during FP1 the fastest Laptime was a 1:16:990 by a Ferrari. I took the RTT RB20 V1.20 yes it's not a Ferrari on Imola F1 2023 layout.

I think some people don't understand that is what I was comparing or referring to! You would have to be crazy to assume I implied anything more than this. AC Track + F1 Car MOD vs irl F1 Lap time, the mod does come close. This is exactly what I said!!!

So my statement holds true the RTT RB20 mod can achieve similar lap-times to the current irl F1 2024 cars in the game!!!

I managed in game a 1:16:993. If this concept is too hard for you guys to understand I can't help any of you.

View attachment 1356221

Does this make me has good has an IRL F1 driver??? Obviously NOT! I never made any such claim! this is a game people! A Game!

Does it matter or make AC more or less fun? This has nothing to do with what I said in my OP. Many of you guys blew this
way out of proportion with talks about realism etc... It does not matter in the least, "I said of the 3 RB20 mods I tested the RTT versions comes the closest to IRL laptimes" Where did I say you will be good has an IRL F1 driver if you match the laptime in a game?

Peace!
Why do you still compare real life lap times with your lap times in AC. It's absolutely meaningless and says absolutely nothing about the realism and quality of a mod car. The Ferrari laptime was from FP1. Do you know what setup, how many fuel and what tyres Ferrari used? No. Can you have exactly the same track and weather conditions in AC as in real life? No. Even if Max Verstappen would drive the real car and the mod car to compare the laptimes, the result would be meaningless. He could only say, if the handling of the mod car reminds him in some way of the real car. That's all.

And if you are an alien sim racing driver, you should be faster than the real life laptimes or if you are a gentleman driver like me, you should be much slower. And even Max Verstappen would not have the same laptimes in real life and in the sim. So once again, the comparision of the laptimes is absolutely meaningless and says really nothing about the mod car.

Last edited:
:redflag:WARNING:redflag:
if you use a Quest with USB Link cable as PCVR for playing AC , DO NOT update to v65 of the Meta software.
This seems to break the USB Link functionality.

(check here for the Forum post, if you encountered the same please give a bump there in form of a reply or increase Kudos.
I also informed admins to take a look at that posting... hopefully they react quickly, as now my Q3 is an expensive paperweight.)
I have updated to v65, and everything seems fine here. On Quest 2 though.

Just a bit OT here first... some recent Porsche 911 air cooled price madness, sold on Sotherby.

1993 Carrera RSR 3.8 sold: 2.073.000 USD
1973 Carrera RS 2.7 Touring sold: 989.500 USD
1997 993 Turbo S sold: 863.000 USD
1997 993 GT2 sold: 2.397.500 USD
1973 Carrera RS lightweight sold: 1.875.000 USD

DHS05Yt.jpg

These are absolutely insane prices. These air cooled 911's have always been my dream cars.

But It's much cheaper to drive and crash them on Assetto Corsa. LOL.

993 mods are amazing. There's Carrera 2, Carrera 4, Turbo and GT2. So that is covered.

And the Kunos RSR is pretty good. Kunos Yellowbird is overboard slippery and has pretty much zero traction which is a bit unrealistic. Almost like driving on oil. Did someone ever "moderate" that car a little bit?

Which is the best 964 mod on AC? Anyone ever did the 964 RS? That's a fantastic looking car.

Sometimes I take a break from classic F1 mods and drive these classic cars. 911's, F40, Countach, MB 190 2.3 Cosworth, E30 M3, etc. So much more fun to drive than the new cars.

Cheers.

Last edited:
since i switched to the latest csp version, i cant really switch to "exit". tried fixing it with resulution change but that didnt made a change. does someone know a fix?

and also does someoone knows how i can reload the picctures in the csp settings? i tried deleting and reinstallling it
Maybe not the solution you´ve looked for, but you always can disable the "new pause menu" in CM under GUI
1715973132205.png

Then you´ll get back the old exit button which still is usable.

Why do you still compare real life lap times with your lap times in AC. It's absolutely meaningless and says absolutely nothing about the realism and quality of a mod car. The Ferrari laptime was from FP1. Do you know what setup, how many fuel and what tyres Ferrari used? No. Can you have exactly the same track and weather conditions in AC as in real life? No. Even if Max Verstappen would drive the real car and the mod car to compare the laptimes, the result would be meaningless. He could only say, if the handling of the mod car reminds him in some way of the real car. That's all.

And if you are an alien sim racing driver, you should be faster than the real life laptimes or if you are a gentleman driver like me, you should be much slower. And even Max Verstappen would not have the same laptimes in real life and in the sim. So once again, the comparision of the laptimes is absolutely meaningless and says really nothing about the mod car.

The human factor also plays a role. In regards to laptimes, one could say a laptime by who? By an alien, by the average sim racer, by a noob?. Just to add an extra one to your good list of different factors that play into the laptimes issue.

The question arises though, if laptimes should be anyone's basis to judge or compare if a mod is realistic. Why is realism pursued in the first place?

I suppose it all comes from the God given human nature to seek for that which is best and highest. Always in the pursuit of the ideal. The majority of sim racing enthusiasts want to transform this game into the most realistic experience that is technologically and artistically attainable. In that search we're all tantalizing in the dark, trying to grab something that resembles that ideal.

Some seek it by trying to achieve performance as a measure of realism, others in trying to relive and experience the cars from the past, some want to emulate their idols, some in expressing their creativity by creating amazing liveries and tracks, or collecting the next amazing mod (mod hoarders) etc.

"Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I know not everyone is religious here, but I am just fascinated by this hunger we all share for that which is Eternal. It manifests itself in all aspects of our life, including our hobbies. We're seeking for that Eternal ideal (God) in all things we do without knowing it. At the end of the day and as much as I enjoy sim racing, the Eternal ideal will never be found there, or even driving the best cars in real life, or anywhere else in this world.

It is like Christ said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and everything else will be added to you. In order to truly enjoy something it must be given up (sacrificed) for the highest good which is God, and then God will give it back to us for us to enjoy it properly without it consuming us (addiction).

I guess seeing it from that point of view, it will help us to not be so harsh against somebody who may be seeking for that ideal in a different place.
But treat them with grace.

Anyway, I know some people will not agree but I hope someone will find this helpful.

set irl by an F1 driver.

View attachment 1356221

Peace!
Don't get upset to me, but now you have a new time to beat. Leclerc did 1:15.906, so let's get to work! :)

The human factor also plays a role. In regards to laptimes, one could say a laptime by who? By an alien, by the average sim racer, by a noob?. Just to add an extra one to your good list of different factors that play into the laptimes issue.

The question arises though, if laptimes should be anyone's basis to judge or compare if a mod is realistic. Why is realism pursued in the first place?

I suppose it all comes from the God given human nature to seek for that which is best and highest. Always in the pursuit of the ideal. The majority of sim racing enthusiasts want to transform this game into the most realistic experience that is technologically and artistically attainable. In that search we're all tantalizing in the dark, trying to grab something that resembles that ideal.

Some seek it by trying to achieve performance as a measure of realism, others in trying to relive and experience the cars from the past, some want to emulate their idols, some in expressing their creativity by creating amazing liveries and tracks, or collecting the next amazing mod (mod hoarders) etc.

"Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I know not everyone is religious here, but I am just fascinated by this hunger we all share for that which is Eternal. It manifests itself in all aspects of our life, including our hobbies. We're seeking for that Eternal ideal (God) in all things we do without knowing it. At the end of the day and as much as I enjoy sim racing, the Eternal ideal will never be found there, or even driving the best cars in real life, or anywhere else in this world.

It is like Christ said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and everything else will be added to you. In order to truly enjoy something it must be given up (sacrificed) for the highest good which is God, and then God will give it back to us for us to enjoy it properly without it consuming us (addiction).

I guess seeing it from that point of view, it will help us to not be so harsh against somebody who may be seeking for that ideal in a different place.
But treat them with grace.

Anyway, I know some people will not agree but I hope someone will find this helpful.
I'm not sure how this topic started but things are getting a little weird lol

1715975890090.png

I'm looking forward to trying Chemflummi's new Caddy

Just a bit OT here first... some recent Porsche 911 air cooled price madness, sold on Sotherby.

1993 Carrera RSR 3.8 sold: 2.073.000 USD
1973 Carrera RS 2.7 Touring sold: 989.500 USD
1997 993 Turbo S sold: 863.000 USD
1997 993 GT2 sold: 2.397.500 USD
1973 Carrera RS lightweight sold: 1.875.000 USD

DHS05Yt.jpg

These are absolutely insane prices. These air cooled 911's have always been my dream cars.

But It's much cheaper to drive and crash them on Assetto Corsa. LOL.

993 mods are amazing. There's Carrera 2, Carrera 4, Turbo and GT2. So that is covered.

And the Kunos RSR is pretty good. Kunos Yellowbird is overboard slippery and has pretty much zero traction which is a bit unrealistic. Almost like driving on oil. Did someone ever "moderate" that car a little bit?

Which is the best 964 mod on AC? Anyone ever did the 964 RS? That's a fantastic looking car.

Sometimes I take a break from classic F1 mods and drive these classic cars. 911's, F40, Countach, MB 190 2.3 Cosworth, E30 M3, etc. So much more fun to drive than the new cars.

Cheers.
Gee. Those are some steep prices.

I like the 964 Carrera Cup from Zoffty. Paid mod, but fun to drive. Shokeus/ACT80 also did some 964-s, but I haven't tried them.

Don't get upset to me, but now you have a new time to beat. Leclerc did 1:15.906, so let's get to work! :)
Oh that time is nothing. I got a 1:14 at Imola with another F1 Mod so if I apply the same logic that most
people have applied to my previous post. I am the GOAT better the Max, Alonso and Lewis combined!

Let see if those real life F1 drivers can beat my 1:14 lap-time that I got in a game with a MOD else those F1 real life
cars are sloooow and not realistic at all! ;)

Oh that time is nothing. I got a 1:14 at Imola with another F1 Mod so if I apply the same logic that most
people have applied to my previous post. I am the GOAT better the Max, Alonso and Lewis combined!

Let see if those real life F1 drivers can beat my 1:14 lap-time that I got in a game with a MOD else those F1 real life
cars are sloooow and not realistic at all! ;)
I must say, you are skilled. I've never beaten 1.27.000 regardless the F1 I've used on Imola, so you're already The-King to me!

Last edited:
LOL, So I understand that this is a multicultural site with users from all over the world.

Maybe something gets lost when using translation software? You are the second person to ask me this.

I never said I drove the RB20 irl and I never had to because if anyone wants to know
the real RB20 lap-times all you have to do is watch F1. Good grief people there has already been 6 F1 races!

I know of only 3 RB20 mods that are out this year 1 by SuzQ another was an RB20 Alpha version from someones
discord who I can't recall at the moment and then it was RTT versions.

All I said of all the RB20 mods that I have tested this year the RTT version is the closest to the real RB20 in terms of lap-times that I have tested in AC not not in real life because you can't driver a AC mod in real life maybe VR feels like that to some. lol

Months from now I am sure I will get another reply notification....

"Wow you drove the real RB20 irl"

:lol:

This is another weird comment, which I have to address.

You are better of asking all the AC modders on here why bother with laser scanned tracks why bother updating race tracks every year and car phyisc mods to try to make them perform similar to the the real world cars and tracks they based of? does this make AC more fun???

Should I contact VRC and tell them the latest P49 which achieves almost identical laptime irl at SPA WEC does
not have to be that way in order for the game to be fun?

Anyone can play AC for whatever reason they want to and sorry to sound rude what is fun
for me or isn't is non of your business the same way what is or isn't fun for you is none of my business.

At this point not sure if people are just trolling in this thread but there seems to be plenty of people that feed and encourage trolls here.

I am here because I love AC and love the fantastic modding community that is here. I really don't want to waste my time in this thread doing post like these.
Suzq RB20 and the other RB20 (which is mine using the same 3d model that use Suzq, which is btw from the official RB20 presentation website 3d model they used for the renders, and using the Deploy RB19 base, which is the best RB19 out there). Suzq RB20 is not even released or idk, and even that is not that great. My RB20 using Deploy RB19 base is ****, and RTT RB20 is just SDD quality. Sadly, there's no great RB20 out there until F1 24 comes and modders rip the model (totally deserved, I hope Codemasters goes bankrupt tomorrow).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back