BESTuners Gallery | Updated October 28th, 2006 - DB9 by ChromeBallz

• Thread starter BESTuners
  • 585 comments
Duck, excellent report. Never thought pics of "Motorland" could be so nice. Those aerial pics are great!! I agree on the sound of this car. I fell in love with it back when I first got GT Prologue. And, the part about shaving off some time. Very true. I drove the car with your settings. Almost impossible with the rough spots on Deep Forest. Some toe and spring rate changes and my first lap turned in a 1'09.xxx. Definately a lot of potential left in this car. But, to tell you the truth, a car I had no intent of really messing with until I saw your post. I think I'm gonna take it for a few more laps now. Good work..

the reason the car seems to brake poorly is because the brakes are easily strong enough to lock the wheels.

they talk about it in the sticky topic about brakes. some people say the GT brakes faster without 100% pressure.

also, that car, being an MR, has lift-throttle oversteer.

anyway, try braking below 100% and see if it changes anything

e55banner2iz.jpg

Driver: Speedy_2

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1’11.876

~Exterior~

"The E55 AMG was designed with one purpose: to put you in an entirely different state of mind. With race-proven AMG performance credentials, the E55 AMG is truly a performance sedan unlike any other."

That's directly from the Mercedes Benz website and they pretty much hit the nail on the head. To begin with this car looks great. Very classy but still aggressive enough to tell you, "Hey, you better watch out." Of course the car is unmistakably Mercedes. On top of that you have AMG accents all around, from the badging to the mesh grill in front. I also loved the wheels so much, that I didn't even think about looking for an aftermarket replacement. Everything, as far as styling works on this car right out of the box. But, again, for those of you that gotta have some new "shoes" for your ride, GT Auto has what you want. :sly: And, if you haven't noticed by now, I really love luxury sedans. Especially fast ones. :D

~Pros~

754 HP RWD Luxury car. That's what's great. Just like the M5 there's tons of power. A 0-400m in 10.5 seconds is not bad considering it's only putting down all that power with the rear tires. The handling is great. Truthfully, I counted on this car handling like a boat. I had driven it before with minimal tuning and it still didn't want to turn. I must say, it convinced me otherwise once I tweaked it a little more. I counted on it running a much slower lap time than all the other cars I've tuned. And, at first I did. But, after the final tweaking my first lap was a 1'12.xxx at Deep Forest. After that, I knew there was a little more I could squeeze out of this beast. The brakes are extremely well for a car this size, but you might want to be careful with them on slightly banked turns.

~Cons~

There's not really too much I can say that's bad about this car. The weight of course, but it's a luxury car. Some may complain of some over steer or under steer under certain circumstances, but nothing too serious. If I had to make one complaint, I would say that the engine sound has to go. It just doesn't remind me of an "AMG-built 5.5L 24-valve V-8 engine." :grumpy:

~Verdict~

This is a wonderful car. Everything I originally thought this car would do, it didn't. This made the whole experience really exciting. For the price, it's a little cheaper than the other V8/V10 Luxury sedans. If you don't want to drop as much cash on one this would be your pick. Aside from all that, I hope I've cleared up any misconceptions of 4 door luxury cars being labeled as "Old Man" cars. :sly:

~Specifications & Settings~

Price of car from Dealer: $105,330

• 754 HP
• 773 ft. lbs.
• 1585 kg. / 3,494 lbs.

Parts Purchased:

• Exhaust & Air Filter: Racing - $4,800
• Racing Brakes - $4,700
• Brake Controller - $10,600
• NA Tuning: Stage 3 - $75,000
• Port Polish - $5,500
• Engine Balancing - $12,000
• Racing Chip - $1,500
• Transmission: FC - $10,400
• Clutch: Triple-Plate - $4,700
• Flywheel: Racing - $1,050
• Limited-Slip: FC - $6,600
• Carbon Driveshaft - $3,000
• Suspension: FC - $17,000
• Racing Tires: Soft (R4) - $35,000
• Weight Reduction: Stage 3 - $28,700
• Increase Rigidity - $30,000
• Total Cost of Modifications: $239,750

Suspension:
Spring Rate – 10.0 | 11.2
Ride Height – 105 | 108
Shock (Bound) – 4 | 4
Shock (Rebound) – 6 | 6
Camber Angle – 2.5 | 1.0
Toe Angle – +2 | -1
Stabilizers – 3 | 4

Transmission
Final – 3.500
Auto – 19

LSD:
Initial – 10
Acceleration – 8
Deceleration – 5

Brake Controller
Front – 5
Rear – 4

Driving Aids
ASM Over steer – 1
ASM Under steer – 8
TCS Controller - 2

~Extras~

Ok, while driving around Hong Kong I noticed some areas that looked familiar. I thought I would include them here. :) I took these pics my self in Hong Kong when I visited there in 2003.

Hmm...this area looks so familiar.....

Hey! I've been here before....

You know, I was thinking about doing that car next. How coincidental. ;)

The review is really good, and I liked how you added a quote from MB's website. Very original. 👍

And the banner is realy nice, too. It's really cool how you make it look like a TV screen. It add a nice touch to your review.

Your photos at Hong Kong are a testament to PD's great modeling of tracks. And the second set has the same looking cars! :lol:

Anyway, great report. 👍 👍

banner1jy.jpg

Driver Scaff

Car Renaultsport Clio 2.0 16v

Deep Forest Time 1'23.008

The Renaultsport Clio 2.0 16v has been touted by many as the greatest hot hatch ever made in its stock form, even the well respected Evo magazine placed the Trophy third in their Car of the Year group test. The cars that beat it? Well the Ford GT came in third with a Ferrari F430 second. The praise for the car continues with the final comment on the little Clio being " What I'd say to anyone out there is, forget everything you've read about the 205 GTI and the mk2 Golf and the Clio Williams. Just go and drive a Trophy. That's where the benchmark is."

So what happened when you take such a wonderful starting point (and the stock Clio is just that), throw some mods at it and see what it makes of Deep Forest, a route that has become renown for testing front wheel drive cars to the limit.

Well lets find out, with a heavily modified Clio, set up to deliver an aggressive drive at Deep Forest, will it still lead the pack or is this a test to far.

I'm not looking for overall speed here (with only 265 bhp on tap that’s no shock), but rather if modifying the Clio still allows the fundamental 'rightness' of the stock car to remain, even when driven right to the limit.

Scaff's 👍

Right from the start the Clio shows a very happy relationship with the tarmac beneath it, traction is still an issue over some of the larger bumps and dips, but on the whole the car wants to remain in contact. The soft dampers helping here and even when contact is lost, when traction returns it does so without any nasty side effects to the steering.

One thing does dominate this Clio's character; it demands to be taken by the scruff of the neck and flung around the track. It has amazing initial turn-in and bite, griping with the front end, while the stiff Anti-roll bars at the rear allow many corners to be taken almost sideways, the final corner at Deep Forest in particular.

To take advantage of this turn-in you have to brake very hard and deep into the corners apex and turn hard, the front tyres bite deep and securely and you can feel the rear as it breaks traction, get back on the gas and it shoots down the following straight.

Its like driving a Clio Cup car, great fun if you're in the mood to get rough and ready with it.

In more gentle sweeping corners the car will settle into light understeer, but a lift of the throttle soon has the back mobile and the front end tucking back in. Lift off oversteer is always present, but not in a vicious manner, in fact its easily controllable.

Scaff's 👎
Being front wheel drive, aggressive acceleration out of corners is always going to be an issue, the Clio makes good showing of it, but good throttle control is a must if you don't want to simply spin the power away. The normally aspirated tune helps, as it ensures the power can be delivered in a measure manner, without the sudden spike in power I found with a more powerful turbo charged version I also tried (that was no faster around Deep Forest).

Understeer is also present and while this is a negative for the car, the way it which the Clio minimises the level of understeer is amazing for a front wheel drive car.

Now, the main problem with the Clio is the manner in which it has to be driven to extract the most from it. Unless you are happy to throw the car around the track (a style that I must admit does not come naturally to myself) it just will not play. This, sometimes natural, reluctance to treat the car in this manner does cause its own issues, more than once I found myself turn-in to early, finding the right point can be tricky.

Overall
Its not a car for power junkie, but then what front wheel drive hatchback is going to be, nor one for drivers who like things neat and tidy.

It is however a car that remains far more than the sum of its parts, despite the lower power output and running on medium compound racing slicks, its lap time still remains respectable.

In closing even when modified to this level, the basic traits of the Clio more than shine through, they actually still keep adding polish to the package.

I've driven many front wheel drive cars at Deep Forest and the vast majority have frustrated and disappointed in equal measure, the Renaultsport Clio can however hold its head up high. Once again it has proved itself worthy.

Spec

265bhp@6,250rpm
226ft/lbs@5,400rpm
910kgs

0-30 – 2.6 secs
0-60 – 5.6 secs
1-100 – 11.4 secs
1/4 Mile – 13.741 secs @ 111mph
Top Speed – 166.21mph

Modifications

Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
NA Tune Stage 2
R3 Tyres (front & back)
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customised Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
1 way LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Oil Change

Settings
All are shown Front then Rear

Spring Rates = 5.5 / 4.0
Ride Height = 115 / 120
Damper
Bound = 2 / 3
Rebound = 3 / 4
Camber = 2.5 / 1.0
Toe = 1 / 2
Stabilisers = 1 / 4

Brake Balance = 6 / 3

Gearbox = Auto 10 (adjust as required)

Sorry about the time since my last report everyone, but when the company you work for gets bought out just before Christmas things tend to get a bit busy.

Anyway I hope everyone thinks its been worth the wait, enjoy the Clio.

@ Duck - You took the plunge and went for the Ford GT, brave move, I've tried the car around Deep Forest a few times and its a beast. 👍

@ Speedy 2 Good report for the Merc, sort of car my dad loves and having driven quite a few big Mercs they are great cars and do have a habit of surprising people. Still more a BMW man myself, but top notch report and pictures.

Regards

Scaff

Great reoprt Scaff, the 6th pic is just 👍. And the review was really good, too.

And don't worry about the amount of reports. It's always quality, not quantity. ;)

.Duck.
Great reoprt Scaff, the 6th pic is just 👍. And the review was really good, too.

And don't worry about the amount of reports. It's always quality, not quantity. ;)

Thanks for the feedback Duck, glad you like the report and pictures.

Already got my next car picked out, this time I'm going back to RWD, the Holden Monaro is all mine. I love getting this car sideways, so time to see what I can do with it.

Regards

Scaff

zefff
Best report yet for me Scaff! Good job.

👍

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - nice work on your own settings thread, a very original approach, looks good.

Sweet reports Scaff and Speedy. Scaff, I thought you were doing the more "sporty" version of the Clio. Didn't know you'd do that car :lol:

And Speedy_2, very nice report. I freaking love all your pics. Especially those photo mode shots. Very sexy, not over done in the detail, but very elegant and nice 👍 for both you

@speedy-wow man, you put in a wholelotta effort man, you got great settings and reviews as well, i am sure glad you joined.

@scaff-As usual, you rock, for a noob, lol. you do these rigoris tests on pos cars, i think with your reporting skills and settings, you need to do your next report on a well deserved awesome ass beast of power, think about it. And damn glad you came here too!

@ ekmatt9 Yep I wanted to do the little Clio, in my opinion its one of the finest FWD cars in the game. Its ability is well beyond its bare figures, but the Clio V6 models are also very deserving of attention.

440cuda9sec
@scaff-As usual, you rock, for a noob, lol. you do these rigoris tests on pos cars, i think with your reporting skills and settings, you need to do your next report on a well deserved awesome ass beast of power, think about it. And damn glad you came here too!

Now you've gone and upset my Clio by calling it a pos. LOL

From the start with BESTuners I wanted to do one each of FWD/4WD/RWD and MR, now I've got that done anythings is fair game. So just for you the next report will be on a total beast of a car, a kind of Christmas special.

Regards

Scaff

@scaff: I agree with you man. The clio is a great car. To tell you the truth I haven't driven this particular model yet. But when you used the words, "..it demands to be taken by the scruff of the neck and flung around the track," I knew I really wanted to test this baby out. Which I will do very soon. Who cares about tons of HP or what's popular. It's the driving experience it self. :sly: Great Report 👍

speedy_2
@scaff: I agree with you man. The clio is a great car. To tell you the truth I haven't driven this particular model yet. But when you used the words, "..it demands to be taken by the scruff of the neck and flung around the track," I knew I really wanted to test this baby out. Which I will do very soon. Who cares about tons of HP or what's popular. It's the driving experience it self. :sly: Great Report 👍

Thanks speedy_2, glad you enjoyed the report and I hope you like the Clio as much as I did. If you havn't had a chance to try it yet, I would also recomend the Mazda AZ-1. My set-up for that is just as enjoyable (but in a very different way). Its linked from the first page here at BESTuners, just because its the slowest car around Deep Forest(so far) does not mean its not fun.

👍

Regards

Scaff

@440cuda9sec I've picked one you may enjoy for my next report, going for the TVR Cerbera Speed 12. I've given it a quick run around Deep Forest with minor mods and its a blast.

Hmm... interesting choice, Scaff. Good luck on trying to tame that monster. 👍

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing the TVR T350C, the RSC Rally Raid, or the ZZII. Which car should I do?

BMW 330i '05

Driver: ekMatt9

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1'13. 115

My Report:

The Exterior...
I want a 2005 BMW 330i sedan. I love the look, not the head lights 100%, but this car, I wouldn't even race it if I had it. It would be my luxury roller in a small town with rims that cost more than your mortgage :lol: She's just a beast (in my opinion). I might build up the motor a bit though. You know, I'm doing all N/A :D I am so cheerful about this car. I sat in one a while back, and the car was so comfortable (I'm 5'6" so far so that fits good at the height for me) The car sounds nice stock, it's not quick, just a bit under 300 horses, it's a disappointment to me. It's a good cheap car that I would never mind having one. Rating on Exterior: 9.75 👍

^^My favorite picture ever :)

The bad :(
Understeer. A little lack of power (It has 436 or something, but I want more lol). Some handling issues. Some traction issues. Some acceleration problems. I need better LSD settings, play with the LSD if you want to if you use these settings...

The Good...
Some handling is good with this car. It's good with nitrous. I was in Deep Forest, and the turn when you are in practice mode, it wouldn't turn good just pressing the arrow button to the left, so I pushed nitrous, and the car went in smoothly, with out touching the grass haha :) I like this car on Trial Mountain. Since it's mostly hills and flat surfaces, it didn't struggle a lot. I also got a good time too :D

My Conclusion...
I love it. Rating | 9. 50 I love this car :D

Now my settings...

Horsepower | 433 bhp
Torque | 352 Ft. / Tq.

Parts to buy...
  • Racing Exhaust
  • Port Polish
  • Engine Balancing
  • Sports Chip
  • NA Stage 3 Tuning
  • Nitrous (Optional)
  • Racing Brakes
  • Brake Balance Controller
  • Racing Suspension
  • Full Customize Transmission
  • Triple - Plate Clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Full Customize LSD
  • R3 Racing Tires
  • Stage 3 Weight Reduction
  • Stiffness

Suspension
Spring Rate - 10.0 | 10.0
Ride Height - 88 | 93
Shock (Bound) - 7 | 8
Shock (Rebound) - 6 | 6
Camber Angle - 3.0 | 0.5
Toe Angle - 0 | -1
Stabilizers - 5 | 6

Transmission
How ever you please...

LSD
Initial - 5
Accleration - 25
Deceleration - 15

Brake Balance Controller
Front - 5
Rear - 8

Weight Balance
Ballast Weight - 0
Front / Rear Balance - 15

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer - 0
ASM Understeer - 0
TCS Controller - 3

hm16dc.jpg
hm25cz.jpg

Enjoy yo!

Good report ekmatt, although I found a few faults in your review. You like to use the word "beast" a lot for a car that's powerful and fun and all that, but it gets dull after a while. I'd look in a thesaurus and look for alternative word for it, so your review has some spice on it and won't be bland and tasteless.

Another flaw is the "taste" of it. It doesn't really have any pepper to it, like any catchy phrases or analogies or metaphors or anything that doesn't make it seem like a robot wrote it.

But anyway, the pics are good, and I like your new photo sig. 👍

What I find funny is that this thread is one of the FEW cases of the knockoff overtaking the original. It looks like BESTesters is down for the count.

.Duck.
Hmm... interesting choice, Scaff. Good luck on trying to tame that monster. 👍

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing the TVR T350C, the RSC Rally Raid, or the ZZII. Which car should I do?
I would love to see the ZZ-II because I dont own it!
The t350 is a good little car
The raly raid car speaks for itself...

The 4 door 330i SE In England it starts at £28,825. Thats not cheap. Thats about £500 a month over 3 years on finance off the top of my head. 0-62mph in 6.3 is not slow and I'd imagine the top speed must be well over 150mph. The 330 is a damn good car as long as we dont expect it to handle and accelerate like a 1.5 million Euro, DTM race car! ;)

:lol: If I ever got this car, I'd put some 18's deep dish rims like those, and relax and act old ;)

.Duck., "beast" where I am from means that it's okay, but some aspects to it are good. I'm trying to bring some "humor" in BESTuners now. I've noticed GTP doesn't have much humor. I think that's why every one hates me here...Cause of my attitude towards things. But w/e, I'm cool with it here. I don't have any problems with any one. :)

ekmatt9
.Duck., "beast" where I am from means that it's okay, but some aspects to it are good.
I interpret it is mighty, awesome, powerful. When you use the word "beast", and say it means the car is ok, the context is a little misleading, saying that the car is awesome. Or that's how I'm interpreting it. :indiff:

I'm trying to bring some "humor" in BESTuners now.
Trust me, I've gotten a few laughs out of other people's reports. :)

I've noticed GTP doesn't have much humor. I think that's why every one hates me here...Cause of my attitude towards things. But w/e, I'm cool with it here. I don't have any problems with any one. :)
Go read every quote in people's sigs. Some of them make me laff my butt off. If you want humor, go to the Comedy Corner. 👍

Ok well, I'll be doing the RSC I guess. I've always wanted to tune that thing.

Dude, why are you getting the attitude now? I'm not showing you any...

Yeah, I see people's signature's and laugh. But dude, really, stop acting big all of a sudden. Are you having a bad day Ducky? ;)

Kind of, because you're all of a sudden "big and bad" as some people called it in the day. You are cracking sarcastic jokes and try to make me look bad or something. I'm just asking you dude, can please not bring it into the thread?

I'm not cracking sarcastic jokes (or at least I honestly don't mean to). I'm not trying to make you look bad. I guess it's just an interpretation problem. :indiff:

But this is BESTuners, not BESTArguers. Let's just quench the fire, and call it a day.

I agree with Duck in a way. "beast" isn't a word I'd expect someone to use when talking about this car. I think I used beast on my M5, which is more appropriate.

ekmatt9
She's really a BEAST I sat in one a while back, and the car was so comfortable (I'm 5'6" so far so that fits good at the height for me) The car sounds nice stock, it's not quick, just a bit under 300 horses, it's a disappointment to me.

Yeah you totally contradicted your first statement that it was a beast.

The pics are great!! The report is ok. But, I'd work on the grammar. Each section, besides you intro is pretty short too. It left me wanting more to read. 4/10

Back