BESTuners Gallery | Updated October 28th, 2006 - DB9 by ChromeBallz

• Thread starter BESTuners
  • 585 comments
Looked at your setting s for the Camaro LM, Duck, and I have to disagree a bit with this. I think your springs are far too hard, and I would also have the rideheight more even, like 70/75. With the springs that hard, it must surely be a shaky ride, and I assume you also suffer from a smaller degree of understeer in that car. Easy enough to deal with, when you have that kind of power, but anyway, understeer.
Don´t get me wrong here, I haven´t tried these settings, I´m just commenting from the top of my head.

And as for the Camaro LM being fictional. Kind of. The car is real enough, but I do not think it is as powerful or agile as in the game. In fact, here in Sweden we have something called Camaro Cup, wich is a support class to STCC. Some cars look virtualy the same as the LM, but they are far slower...

Team666
Looked at your setting s for the Camaro LM, Duck, and I have to disagree a bit with this. I think your springs are far too hard, and I would also have the rideheight more even, like 70/75. With the springs that hard, it must surely be a shaky ride, and I assume you also suffer from a smaller degree of understeer in that car. Easy enough to deal with, when you have that kind of power, but anyway, understeer.
Don´t get me wrong here, I haven´t tried these settings, I´m just commenting from the top of my head.
Then why are you commenting on them? IMHO, it's stable, even at rough and bumpy courses like Deep Forest.

And as for the Camaro LM being fictional. Kind of. The car is real enough, but I do not think it is as powerful or agile as in the game. In fact, here in Sweden we have something called Camaro Cup, wich is a support class to STCC. Some cars look virtualy the same as the LM, but they are far slower...
Sorry. I've never been to Sweden, so I don't know of anything like that. :indiff:

Driver- 440cuda

Car- Wedssport toyota celica

DF Time- 1'06.778

REPORT-
Intro- This car (the wedssport Toyota celica) was a very special celica for the obvious reason of it being FR, This took out a lot of under steer and made the car very balanced. It has a great aero package and awesome down force as well. But for all the great handling and speed characteristics it has, I just found nothing worth talking about.

The Worth- Well, it is a great car now with its FR setup. After a few slight modifications and some parts, the car ran quite well and surprised the hell outta me with a 6:47 time at the ring. The car has a very nice power band where turbo lag is noticeable but not really an issue, the handling is the main the about the car I like though. The engine is as bland as canned chili and doesn’t offer any excitement during acceleration. The handling was exciting however, maybe store bought chili. I kept it stiff and with a lot of toe, it seemed the car could handle it quite well without dying all over itself in a heaping pool of 10W-30. You can really dive for the apex without any hesitation from the what used to be, front drive axel. Now you can even kick the backend out controllably and have some fun. No sir, you wont find that evil pushing motion anywhere near this blessed Celica. But besides the great suspension and layout of the car, don’t get your hopes up about this rear drive wonder.

The Worthless- The engine, with such great weight distribution and an awesome rear drive, couldn’t they kick the ass end out with passion by throwing in some muscle. Go ahead get hard on the accelerator, it moves, but so awkwardly anti-climatic. No acceleration at terminal velocity here, I mean, you know its fast, and its getting there decently fast, but no excitement, car is just to unresponsive to your foot. I also found a problem with the down force, 30/50, it works, but with the shape of the car and the dimensions of it, it could really use some more oxygen throwing it to the ground. But once you get past the absolutely incredibly boring to drive factor, its an ok car for the occasional family cup or FR challenge.

Conclusion- Not a bad car for handling, I really love the rear wheel drive configuration on a fit and tidy FF car. But the power just wasn’t there, even once you got into the real power band, you felt a slight increase in acceleration. But it is a good car for looking, they threw in some shiny fender flares and some body kit touches all around, but like they say, “You can polish a turd, but its still a piece of ****.

Set-up

Parts to buy-

Racing Exhaust, R5 tires, Turbo stage 4, brake controller, Racing suspension, Triple plate clutch, Racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft, spoiler, Full customizable LSD, VCD controller, oil change.

Settings-
(note*, first number represents front, while second number represents rear settings)
Brakes-
Balance Controller- 6/4

Suspension
Spring rate- 18.5/14.0
Ride height- 60/60
Bound- 9/8
Rebound-9/8
Camber- 3.0/1.6
Toe- 3/-4
Stabilizers-7/6

Transmission-
Auto setting-12 (adjust to style or track)

Aids-
Oversteer- 0
Understeer- 0
TCS-0

Down force-
Down force- 30/50

LSD-
Initial-15
Acceleration-46
Deceleration- 9

VCD-
Front distribution- N/A (or adjust to driving surface)

Weight-
Ballast-N/A
Distribution- N/A

440cuda9sec
dude, that car has the balls of a goddamn house fly.
I think the main problem with the car is there's not enough engine noise. It's a bit muffled, that's all. And i think it's the best looking car in the game. It's a great drifter. 👍

Whoever edited first post to put in my time, thanks, i was just about to do it, and i was like, wtf?, someone with the same car got the same time?lol

Crap, three reports in a day. That's a frickin' world record.

440, that third to last pic is really nice. The review is good, too.

EDIT:
BESTuners
Whoever edited first post to put in my time, thanks, i was just about to do it, and i was like, wtf?, someone with the same car got the same time?lol
No problem. 👍

Raghavan
Stop post whoring duck. :grumpy: :D
When I posted the first post, 440's comment wasn't there before. Then I commented on that on the next post.

But I'll try to conserve some space, just for the heck of it.

440cuda9sec
No offense scaff, but i dont think this car will be reaching rpm's in excess of the speed of light any time soon, lol 👍 :sly:

No it can honest. All right so it should be 225bhp@10,450rpm.

Whats the problem, its not that much out, LOL.

:)

Scaff

Edited to add - Fixed 👍

Wow this is one cool thread!!:eek: I need to click people's siggies more!!!:drool:
Clicked emats siggie now, very suprised to see what I've found:eek::drool::D:D:D

Good job guys!

Driver: ekMatt9

BESTuners Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '98

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1'12. 143

Exterior:
Well, well, well...If it isn't the best Mazda yet ;) I love the FD's. They are freaking awesome. RX-8's suck now, but that's not the point. The point is, that this FD is freaking sweet with the exterior. I put some Mazda RX-7 LM rims on it. They're bronze. It's sexy :D The wing has to go though. I like this wing stock, but if I were ever to get a FD, the wing would be the first thing to come off (If it had one) ... This FD is also the best car Mazda has ever built (In my eyes) This car is just a beast stock and tuned. I love it. With a rating of 1 - 10, it's for sure a 9, but that's just me. I love it :)

Pro's...
The good about this car on the track is how light in weight it is and the power it has. With R3 tires and the way this thing drives...It's really nice but the understeer is a issue. I left the understeer at 10 at first to see how it handled. It was nice and very responsive, etc. But then when I turned it started smoking from the rear, the speed went down tremendously...The way the car turned when it was understeering was horrible. So I just turned it down to 0. Not a biggie, but you got to watch out now with how you drive the car...If you want more precise settings, you can PM me (ekMatt9) and I can come up with better settings :) Rating 1 - 10: A 7 over all because this car could've used more tuning...But I didn't know what...

Con's...
The con's aren't really a major factor in this car. The understeer is (What car isn't?) It's just I would like more BHP out of this car. The torque numbers too. Power is nothing with out torque :) Also, I would've liked the downforce on this car, but the appearance would look horendous...Usually, spoilers on cars should be below the roof line of the car, in this case, the rear wing is higher than that :lol: To me, that's "RICER" :lol: So yeah, Rating 1 - 10, 10 being worst, 1 being okay...I'd say a 2 / 3. It's not bad, but it just needs some help...

Over - All
It's alright. FD's are the best cars from Mazda ever made. This is the lightest FR car I've ever tuned also. Well, atleast it feels light. It's hard to control, but it's a good car. Rating it 1 - 10...This is an Over - All 9. It's an excellent car...

The Settings:

Horsepower: 591 bhp

Torque: 469 Ft. / Tq.

Parts to Buy:
  • Racing Exhaust
  • Sports Chip
  • Port Polish
  • Engine Balancing
  • Original Turbine Kit
  • Racing Intercooler
  • Racing Brakes
  • Brake Balance Controller
  • Racing Suspension
  • Full Customize Transmission
  • Triple - Plate Clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Full Customize LSD
  • R3 Racing Tires
  • Stage 3: Weight Reduction
  • Stiffness

Suspension:
Spring Rate - 10.0 | 9.0
Ride Height - 98 | 99
Shock (Bound) - 8 | 8
Shock (Rebound) - 7 | 8
Camber Angle - 2.5 | 0.5
Toe Angle - 0 | -1
Stabilizers - 4 | 5

Transmission:
What ever you please...

LSD:
Initial - 10
Acceleration - 5
Deceleration - 8

Brake Balance Controller:
Front - 7
Rear - 7

Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer - 2
ASM Understeer - 0
TCS Controller - 3

Please enjoy this report and my settings...Oh, and please rate my pictures as well :)

wow, nice stuff matt, that really is a great car, BTW I CALL THE BATHURST!!!. I love the 6th pic, and i love your style of journalism. I guess i am the only noob to still use r5's, oh well. Good stuff.! (nice rims too)

@ GT4Fan - I extremely appreciate you giving feedback. Thanks. :)

@ ekmatt - Nice report. The pics are really good. If you used that for an update, I'd say it's one of your best. You're definately getting better.

Also, my next report is of the '98 Civic, so I'll get started on it tonight. I'll try to have it up by Sunday.

Duck

Great one ekmatt. I love that car. Perfect color too. And I agree with you 100%. NO WING! lol. I'm still working on my Tune so expect it soon every one.

Back