Extreme and Special Conditions Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 227 comments
Polyphony Digital Cup 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (J) '91 - Used
Mods: All non power mods, S1/S2, NOS @ 50, Auto tranny @ 6, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast Weight @ 90, Old Oil - 108BHP ON SETTINGS SCREEN

Lineup #2 NTSC consisting of (in no particular order):

Honda S2000 '01
Audi S3 '02
Toyota Supra SZ-R '97
Mazda RX-7 GT-Limited (FC, J) 85
Peugeot 206cc '01

Wow, what an amazingly difficult tournament, I was inspired to give this a go in a car other than the Dodge Ram by nige, his post on the 2nd page of this thread gave me the will to attempt it. Was kind of easy to pick out my car, knew what kind of BHP I needed and I do like the MX-5's in GT4. Not sure why I picked the lineup I did, although I doubt any other one would have been any easier, or harder. This tournament consists of 66 laps of blocking the S2000, nothing else and it has taught me a lot about the art of blocking.

As usual I was too busy doing the racing to write detailed reports on each race, apart from endless blocking all the races were pretty uneventful truth be told although I did have an epic 4 way battle at Tokyo with the S2000, Supra & the S3.

Race 1 @ Twin Ring Motegi: My MOV was 2.4 sec over the S2000, qualified in 1st.

Race 2 @ Seattle Reverse: My MOV was 2.1 sec again over the S2000, qualified 1st again.

Race 3 @ Infineon: My MOV was 14.1 sec over the Supra, qualified 1st. I can't really remember why I had such a big MOV in this race, and I don't care. Qualified 1st.

Race 4 @ Tokyo: Never had a race like this, epic 4-way battle and the hardest race by a mile, scraped to a massive 0.101 MOV over the S2000. Qualified 1st.

Race 5 @ Fuji 2005: Again another close race, the S2000 was a bit slower in the final section of the track but made up for it on the straight, MOV was 1.1 secs. Started from 6th, why? I qualified 1st on my 1st attempt but made a stupid mistake and lost, restarted PS2 and started from the back as I couldn't be bothered to qualify again.

Race 6 @ Driving Park: Actually had an easy race, only one of 2 I might add. Honda was right up my backside until lap 9 or 10, then he crashed into the pit lane wall and went for a pit stop. MOV over the Supra was 12.6 secs. Qualified 1st.

Race 7 @ Le Sarthe: Pretty much the same as the other races, block block block block block, although I did use all available shortcuts for this one. Nearly stuffed it at the end when I went into grass and the S2000 got past me but I managed to get in front by cutting the final chicane and recorded a MOV of 1.8 secs over the S2000. Qualified 1st.

Race 8 @ El Capitan Reverse: A lot harder than I thought it would be, S2000 never let up and I only won by blocking and conserving NOS to record a MOV of 0.4 secs. Qualified 1st.

Race 9 @ Suzuka: More stupid blocking, got a bit of a breather at the end of each lap by cutting the final chicane but the S2000 was back on my ass by the end of the main straight. MOV was 3.9 secs over the S2000. Qualified 1st.

Race 10 @ Nurburgring: Decided not to bother qualifying, before I started this tournament I forgot to add more power mods for help in qualifying and all I had was a racing exhaust and some S3 tires, there was no guarantee I could qualify 1st so started from 6th and took a chance. Used 4 units of NOS and a shortcut or 2 to catch the S2000, blocked constantly for the rest of the race and only once breifly lost the lead. MOV over the S2000 was 1.04 secs and 2000 points nicely wrapped up.

Hugely satisfying tournament but not for the faint hearted.:nervous:

Last edited:
Real Circuit Tours - 200Pts All Races
Car: Audi R8 '01 Used
Mods: R3/R2, NOS, Ballast @ 110, Min Downforce F/R, Old Oil - 717BHP Settings Screen
Lineup #2 NTSC:

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car '02
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS0S0) '99
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

Race 1 Suzuka - 8.6 sec mov over the Toyota 7.
Race 2 Twin Ring Motegi - Toyota 7 Spun out on lap 4, allowed me to get the lead and cruise to an 11 sec victory over the same car.
Race 3 Tsukuba - 9+ sec mov over the Toyota 7.
Race 4 Laguna Seca - 3.5 sec mov over the Toyota 7.
Race 5 Infineon - 25+ sec mov over the Toyota 7 who for some reason was rubbish on this track.
Race 6 Fuji 2005 - 12+ sec mov over the Toyota 7.
Race 7 Le Sarthe - 30+ sec mov over the Toyota 7.
Race 8 Nurburgring - 25+ sec mov over the Toyota 7.

Easy as ya like.
####################################

Gran Turismo All Stars - 200Pts All Races
Mods: R2/R2, NOS, Auto tranny @ 18, Minimum Dowforce F/R, Ballast @ 180, Old oil - 717BHP Settings Screen
Lineup #1 NTSC:

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Mazda 787B Race Car '91

Race 1 High Speed Ring B - Qualified 1st, 11.3 sec mov over the 787.
Race 2 Fuji 80's - Qualified 1st, 2.5 sec mov over the R92CP.
Race 3 Laguna Seca - Qualified 1st, 10.8 sec mov over the 787.
Race 4 Autumn Ring B - Qualified 1st, 10.8 sec mov over the Bentley.
Race 5 Test Course - Qualified 1st, 1.8 sec mov over the R92CP, changed auto tranny to 23.
Race 6 Grand Valley Speedway B - Qualified 1st, 1.7 sec mov over the R92CP.
Race 7 Suzuka - Qualified 1st, 0.7 sec mov over the 787.
Race 8 Infineon - Qualified 1st, 13.7 sec mov over the R92CP.
Race 9 Le Sarthe - 13.1 sec mov over the R92CP, did not qualify.
Race 10 Nurburgring - 17.5 sec mov over the R92CP, did not qualify.

Again, relatively easy apart from the odd race now and then, specifically at Suzuka where lack of grip was a problem.

Dream Car Championship - 200Pts All Races
Car: Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Mods: Chip, R3/R2, NOS @ 50, T4, Auto tranny @ 12, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Downforce @ 24/24 - 492 BHP Settings Screen
Mods for Test Course: R1/R1, RC Exhaust, Chip, T4, NOS @ 100, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Auto tranny @ 20, Downforce @ 0/0 541 BHP Settings Screen
Lineup #3 NTSC:

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car '02
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01
Ford GT LM Race Car '02
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car '02

Race 1 Opera - Qualified 1st, 3.6 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 2 Tokyo - Qualified 1st, 0.9 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 3 Deep Forest - Qualified 1st, 3.6 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 4 Seoul Central B - Qualified 1st, 5.4 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 5 Hong Kong - Qualified 1st, 6.6 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 6 Test Course - Qualified 1st, 10.4 sec mov over the Ford Spec II.
Race 7 Driving Park Motorland - Qualified 1st, switched to R1/R1, 7.4 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 8 Le Sarthe - 6.3 sec mov over the Ford GT '02, Auto tranny @ 16.
Race 9 El Capitan B - Qualified 1st, 6.8 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.
Race 10 Cote d Azur - Qualified 1st, 11.5 sec mov over the Nissan GT-R.

Made sort of difficult as the car is very unstable with no aids on, if it even see's a blade of grass it goes into meltdown and kills you. Is even worse with sand, be careful on El Capitan.

Like The Wind - 200Pts
Mods: R1/R1, NOS, Auto tranny @ 25, Minimum Downforce F/R, Old Oil - 717 BHP Settings Screen
Lineup #1 NTSC:

Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98
Nissan R89C Race Car '89

9.5 sec mov over the Mercedes, other front runners pitted end of lap 4.

Premium Sports Lounge - 200Pts All Races
Car: Honda NSX Type S '99 Used
Mods: RC Exhaust, NA1, S3/S3, NOS @ 55, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil
Lineup #3 NTSC:

Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00
Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) '04
Pagani Zonda C12 '00
Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02

Race 1 Cote d Azur - 14.7 sec mov over the C12S.
Race 2 Opera - 12.6 sec mov over the SL 65 AMG.
Race 3 Hong Kong B - 14.5 sec mov over the SL 65 AMG.
Race 4 High Speed Ring B - 9.4 sec mov over C12S.
Race 5 New York B - 0.9 sec mov over the C12S.

Straightforward, only New York was anything of a challenge, even then had plenty of NOS left so was never in danger of losing.

Last edited:
Like The Wind - 200 pts.

Dodge Viper GTS

Engine: Stage 3 NA tune, nothing else. Stock exhaust
Drivetrain: Everything upgraded / Transmission set Auto 25
LSD: Full customize. Rear:10/19/13
Tires: R1 all around.
Brakes: normal, no controller
Aids: Oversteer:1 Understeer:1 TCS:4
Ballast: 130
Suspension:
Racing.
Spring rate: 9.0/10.1
Ride height:100/105
Bound:3/5
Rebound:4/6
Camber:2.3/1.3
Toe:0/-1
Stabilizers:4/5

My first race in nearly 2 years or so. I used ilovethescudo's setup from page 8 but with 2 minor changes. No downforce and instead of 200 ballast I used 130. Once the race started I fell behind a bit (5.6 secs at the first checkpoint on the back straightaway). After that though I was reeling them in. Passed the 5th placed car on the first lap by the end of the first turn (just before the back straightaway). Didn't pass another car until all but the Mercedes pitted on the beginning of the last lap. Was within 2 secs to him by then. Passed him just before the final turn coming off the back straightaway. MOV about .5 secs.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to attempt all of the FGT races in a stock 787B, bought new and without an oil change. I'm going to try to do them all without cheating, which, with NTSC's longer pit window, will be a tall order at a couple of tracks (Tokyo, Motegi Super Speedway, and possibly some others). I plan to use R2 tires and full downforce with no driving aids, and I'll try to leave the setup at default, but I might need to adapt it in order to win the toughest races. I know about the setup for Super Speedway 150 Miles, but because it was designed for wallriding and with different downforce, does anyone have any advice on what I should do to the setup for that track?

Edit: I decided to start with the first race, Tokyo, and I won more comfortably than I expected.

Edit 2: Never mind about the question on the setup for Super Speedway, because I completed it, too, and also much more comfortably than I expected.

1. Tokyo Route 246
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 17 (although 16 would have been better), full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Qualifying: Yes
Total time: 1:22'17.488
Margin of victory: Approximately 49 seconds
Fastest lap: 1'18.508
Pit window: 12 laps
AI pit window: 11-12 laps

Perplexingly, not to mention disturbingly, the fastest cars also pitted the least often. Every AI car had at least two stints of twelve laps, but all except the blue and white car also had at least one stint of eleven laps, which automatically put them way behind it; I lapped three cars right at the end of the race when they made their final stop. I wasn't happy with the frequency with which I made wall contact (or, for that matter, the consistency in my lap times), but it's certainly clear that I've improved since my first success at getting 200 points in this race, because back then, I won by a smaller margin despite using the car in a higher-horsepower configuration and wallriding the long 180-degree turn. Car-less's report on the FGT series makes clear how much harder this race is in NTSC: because PAL AI cars pit every nine laps, and therefore twice more than the best NTSC cars, his 1:24'xx total time gave him a margin of victory of 40 seconds. Evidently, then, a winning time in this race is a minute and a half faster in NTSC than in PAL.

2. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 16 (although 17 would have been better), 63/74 downforce, R3 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:02'26.123
Margin of victory: Approximately 1.5 laps
Fastest lap: 26.898 (draft-assisted; 26.920 without)
Pit window: 12-13 laps
AI pit window: 13 laps (with one stint of 12 from one car)

In this race, I decided that I was never going to win by trying to outlast the AI on pit stops, so I switched to R3 tires and reduced the rear downforce until I was offered 200 points. At first, you can barely maintain the pace of the FGTs, so you stay a constant two or so seconds ahead of the pack, but once the fuel load lightens, you can pull away. With low fuel and warm tires, you can easily take the big corner full throttle at around 214 mph, although regardless of the condition of your tires, you have to watch out for the small corner, because the car is very eager to snap sideways when braking and turning on the banking at such high speed. Turning in slightly and then braking in a fairly straight line is the reliable way to get through the turn, but it's often actually faster to let the car snap sideways; it slows you down faster, and the car almost always pulls out of the slide on its own. Of course it isn't realistic, but it works. I made only five wall contacts and one AI contact, so it was a pretty clean race. Also, as an aside, this race works quite a bit like a Nascar race on a large superspeedway for the AI cars in that making a small mistake or pitting at a different time from everyone else will cause you to lose the draft and fall permanently behind.

3. New York
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 15, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:39'39.388
Margin of victory: Approximately 1.8 laps
Fastest lap: 1'18.183
Pit window: 15 laps
AI pit window: 11-12 laps

This race was pretty straightforward. I could have won by two laps, but it's impossible to pass without contact here unless the AI makes a mistake or is on cold tires. I was stuck behind the second place car for thirteen laps waiting in vain for an opportunity to get past before it finally hit the wall exiting the final corner, allowing me to draft past on the straight and have enough room to stay out of range of a bump from behind in the next turn. It ended up being a pretty clean race, with about ten wall contacts, but as a result of the meandering AI, about ten AI contacts, too.

4. High-Speed Ring
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 16 (although 17 would have been better), full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Qualifying: No
Total time: 1:12'48.419
Margin of victory: 4 laps (technically, 3 laps and 1.5 minutes; the car that stayed out for an extra lap had just crossed the line in the pits when I finished the race, although the third-place car, four laps down and not far behind me, would have finished well ahead of it)
Fastest lap: 53.670 (with draft; 53.905 without)
Pit window: 15-16 laps
AI pit window: 12 laps (with one stint of 13 from one car)

As anyone would have predicted, this was very simple. The tires were more durable than I had expected, and I was able to keep the race pretty clean (no AI contact, five wall contacts) as well as consistent. The Mazda is really more at home on slower tracks, though; even though the first corner is easy to take flat-out (which is very fortunate, because finding the turn-in point is pure guesswork), the car just understeers most of the time. By the way, at this track, if you're ever torn between two pit strategies, take the one with fewer stops, because a pit here takes a frightening 40 seconds.

5. Grand Valley Speedway
Total time: 1:39'03.806
Margin of victory: Approximately 1.9 laps
Fastest lap: 1'30.983
Pit window: 10-11 laps (9 laps would have been easier, but not necessarily faster; although the tires weren't in great condition on lap 10, and were fried by the end of lap 11, calculating the time lost seemed to indicate that it was worth saving the pit stop)
AI pit window: 8 laps

This one wasn't very difficult, either. I came to enjoy driving this car here, even though the track is very punishing; you can get into a pretty good rhythm, and it's fairly rewarding to feed in the throttle slowly in second-gear corners while hugging the curb, because it makes you feel kind of like you're driving in a real simulation game. :dopey: I made quite a few small mistakes that saw me bounce off of walls, so it wasn't overly clean, but I didn't have to deal with the AI much, which was fortunate because the only reliable passing point here is on the front straight.

6. Circuit de la Sarthe I
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 17, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:16'21.235
Margin of victory: Approximately 1'45
Fastest lap: 3'13.482
Pit window: 6 laps
AI pit window: 4 laps

Knowing already that this would be an easy win, I tried to drive realistic lines, meaning that I attempted not to hop over or onto tall curbs or stray into runoff areas or grass. I did pretty well, but I put a couple of wheels in sand and grass a couple of times each, and on lap 22, I lost what I had thought would be a WRS-clean race (no wall or AI contact, and no more than two tires in grass or beyond rumble strips into runoff) when I ran wide of the curb in Maison Blanche for a fraction of a second. :banghead: Driving in this way, the AI cars were about equal in pace, but they pitted twice more than I did, and lost some time starting halfway through their fourth lap after a pit. A better strategy would have been to lower the downforce slightly (it isn't always beneficial at La Sarthe, anyway) in order to get 200 points with R3/R2 tires, since the rear tires were wearing much faster than the fronts, and hadn't actually worn out fully by lap 6 but weren't going to make it to lap 8.

7. Cote d'Azur
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 9, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:47'06.270
Margin of victory: Approximately 2.95 laps
Fastest lap: 1'18.737
Pit window: 11 laps
AI pit window: 9 laps

The AI and the FGTs don't mesh well with this course, so they're slow and pit a lot. With the short gearing, the 787B is pretty susceptible to wheelspin, but it is reasonably fun to drive at this track, and the race doesn't drag on quite as much as you might think. R3/R2 tires with lowered downforce might work a little better than my setup, which I used for the sake of consistency, but you'll win the race regardless. I made light AI contact only a couple of times and brushed walls about once every four laps, so it was a reasonably clean race. Fortunately, unlike in real life, you can pass here, along the back straight, extremely reliably, so frustration over AI is minimized. By the way, one of the AI cars acted strangely for about three laps after I brushed it; it took corners fairly normally, but braked and feathered the throttle intermittently on straights. I'll see if I can record it.

8. Seoul Central
Total time: 1:28'55.405
Margin of victory: Approximately 3.5 laps (I forgot to look at where the second place car was on the track at the end of the race)
Fastest lap: 45.379 (with draft; 45.673 without)
Pit window: 28-29 laps (I was surprised that I could go this far)
AI pit window: 19-20 laps

As expected, this was very straightforward. It wasn't as horrible as I expected despite the length, and I was fairly consistent and made only four AI contacts (all with the stupid orange car :banghead:) and five wall contacts (three of which came in the chicane as a result of lost downforce behind an AI car). Passing isn't the easiest here, but it isn't bad compared to some other tracks in the series.

9. Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 10, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:37'55.770
Margin of victory: Approximately 2.6 laps (but it should have been more than 3)
Fastest lap: 1'13.608
Pit window: 12-13 laps
AI pit window: 10 laps

I can't figure out why others have had moderate difficulty with this race; the AI doesn't seem particularly good here, and LMP cars fit it pretty well. Unfortunately, my driving was embarrassingly sloppy. I was talking with my dad while driving for a while, and I missed my pit stop at lap 52, forcing me to reverse from the entrance to turn 11 in order to reach pit road. I also spun three times, which I almost never do, as a result of careless driving allowing a rear wheel to stray into the grass, and I had several other off-course moments.

10. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 11, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:43'02.283
Margin of victory: Approximately 6.95 laps (but should have been well over 7)
Fastest lap: 1'09.509
Pit window: 14 laps
AI pit window: 11 laps (some may have pitted in occasional 10- or 12-lap stints, but it's impossible to keep track because the spins constantly shuffle the running order)

Everyone knows that the AI cars here are programmed with a line that turns in too early at the T3 mark, which takes them straight into the sand when they correct to the right. Interestingly, this problem must be even worse in NTSC than in PAL, because the combination of total time and margin of victory as compared to, say, Car-less', indicates that the AI cars finish much faster there. Unfortunately, sloppy driving bit me again, as I spun carelessly a few times and ran off course far more often than that. It certainly doesn't help that Laguna Seca is even more unforgiving than Infineon. The 787B is pretty good to drive here, but passing has to wait until the front straight unless a car spins in front of you at T3. By now, though, it's actually starting to feel noticeably sluggish, as it has 10 fewer horsepower than it does when new.

11. Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 12, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Total time: 1:40'14.919
Margin of victory: Approximately 1.7 laps
Fastest lap: 1'30.188
Pit window: 10-11 laps
AI pit window: 9 laps

The Mazda does well at this course, so like Infineon, it wasn't a hard win despite some people complaining of some difficulty. Not only is the car down on power now (792 HP versus 803), but in this race, the chassis had also started to get "weavy." It was manageable, but it made driving less enjoyable. I wasn't quite as sloppy as in the last couple of races, but I still wasn't very happy with the number of off-course excursions. Passing can only be done on the long back straight, because this course is all about braking, and that's a strength of FGTs even under AI control.

12. Nurburgring Nordschleife
Total time: 1:24'39.727
Margin of victory: 1 lap (having made pit stops as I came towards the line on the final lap, it was only barely a lap)
Fastest lap: 5'29.458 (but dirty; I have no idea what my fastest clean lap was)
Pit window: 3 laps (the tires were quite orange by the end, but they held up just fine under the weight of the downforce as long as they weren't provoked, e.g. by going over the jumps at Pflanzgarten)
AI pit window: 2 laps

The 787B is blindingly fast here, as evidenced by the total time, but with the very stiff stock settings and a chassis that seemed a little wobbly even after a refresh, I had close to twenty off-track moments, more than one per lap. My fastest lap is nowhere near what I could have done, but I just fell apart on all of my flying laps (of which I had only five because of my pit schedule). The same thing happened with an AI car here as at Cote d'Azur, with the car braking and coasting on straights, except that it lasted for four laps this time, which is quite a while on this track. Interestingly, this was the reason why my fastest lap was dirty - it was so far behind that it was exiting the pits as I began one of my flying laps, and I was so worried that it might be beside me as I tried to exit the corner that I didn't notice that I had gotten on the throttle too early and was heading for the guardrail. :ouch:

13. El Capitan
Total time: 1:31'05.895
Margin of victory: Approximately 2.7 laps
Fastest lap: 1'20.571
Pit window: 9 laps

I like El Capitan, but it's just terrible to drive in LMP-type cars. The race was a pain, and it was made worse by the standing start, which, because of my lack of TCS, put me in fourth. Normally, that would be okay, but there simply are no passing points when the AI cars have warm tires and don't make mistakes. I was again pretty sloppy, and there wasn't really a perfect pit strategy; the tires weren't really worn out after nine laps, but they would have been toast after eleven, so I just chose the easy way out.

14. Fuji Speedway 2005
Qualifying: No (at Fuji, there's always an enormous and unavoidable logjam in the first corner, and you can't escape contact except by being in the back)
Total time: 1:36'19.059
Margin of victory: Approximately 2.1 laps
Fastest lap: 1'22.324
Pit window: 11 laps (13-14 might have been better, because the tires were barely tinged orange as it was, but I think they would have been in bad shape by 14 laps)
AI pit window: 9-10 laps (it seemed like some were pitting after eleven, but that doesn't make sense, so I probably just lost track)

I like this track a lot, which apparently puts me in a distinct minority, and I like driving the 787B here. I bought a new one for these last two races because the last one seemed worn out beyond repair, so my margin of victory is presumably larger than it would have been otherwise. However, I was weirdly inconsistent and rather sloppy, going off-track a little more than once every four laps. Passing is pretty easy, too. For some reason, despite my inconsistency, this track seems to get more addictive as you get into a rhythm, which probably has to do with the constant thought that "I can take this corner better next time."

15. Suzuka Circuit
Setup: Stock settings, autoset 14, full downforce, R2 tires, no driving aids
Qualifying: No (there's a logjam here, too)
Total time: 1:30'49.097
Margin of victory: Approximately 1'36 (but should have been one lap)
Fastest lap: 1'38.751
Pit window: 9 laps

This definitely wasn't the easiest race; the FGTs are well suited to this type of track, and it's hard to stay out of their way in places. You have to pass intelligently: it's easy to get by in several areas, but if you don't plan, you will probably get punted in the next corner. For example, when you pass along the curved back "straight" before Spoon, the AI cars knock you off the track in 130R, quite some distance away. They can be passed easily and securely only on their first, seventh, and eighth laps after pitting. I drove a pretty clean race, with only a couple bumps from behind and around eight offs, although I again lacked consistency.

Last edited:
Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to attempt all of the FGT races in a stock 787B, bought new and without an oil change. I'm going to try to do them all without cheating

Good luck with that, a couple of months ago I managed to do the FGT (NTSC game aswell) in my used R8 on R2 tyres (individual races) for maximum points and then found it also quite easily wins on R3/R2 tires as a championship for maximum points. Even with R3 on the front I was able to outpit the AI on every race (again IIRC) and was faster than them aswell so it was not much of a challenge. This was also done without 'cheating' in any races, it was just not needed. Don't think the car would be considered 'stock' as it had worn oil, I am not clear on those rules.

The only challenging race I had was at Suzuka where the AI are very fast and a bit mental, they are very aggressive too which makes it more difficult on such a tight track.

Last edited:
Yep, I did read your report on that series. Now that the two hardest races were easier than I expected, it does look like the championship will be easy, but I still want to finish it in order to make up for the shortcutting and wallriding that I employed in a few races the first time through, not to mention my use of the easiest car possible at each track. A short test at Suzuka showed that I was slightly faster than the AI and also would pit one less time, so it will be an easy enough win (probably by one lap). To clarify, I also am not doing the series as a championship, because the chassis and the engine would wear out halfway through, and I'm pretty sure that if they were pre-worn for the start of the championship, the first two races would be impossible. Instead, I'm entering the championship in order to qualify, but I abandon it to refresh the chassis and then re-enter it and skip races until I'm back where I was before.

If your car has worn oil, it's still considered to be stock, but it isn't preferred because it doesn't make your race very accessible to others who might want to try it for themselves.

I've been adding videos of my fastest lap (or rather, the fastest lap that I set before the replay stopped recording) during the race at each track. The car's power is starting slowly to seep away, as it's now down to 796 horsepower from 803 at the start, but it's impossible to notice. I've refreshed the chassis once, before High-Speed Ring, but it doesn't yet feel like it needs it again; in fact, it might be my imagination, but the car felt a little more nimble and fun to drive at La Sarthe even without a recent refresh. I will probably refresh it once or twice more before the end of the championship, but to be on the safe side, I might buy a brand new car for Suzuka, and maybe even for Motegi Road Course if I struggle there, in order to have access to all of the car's power.

Once I've completed the series, I think I'm going to back through the easier races to see if any unusual cars can win in stock form. For instance, I feel sure that the Chaparral 2J can win easily at Cote d'Azur and maybe some of the other slow tracks, and the R390 or a similar car might be able to win at a track like High-Speed Ring.

I apologize for the triple post, but I feel that this is interesting enough to merit it. While procrastinating for the 113-lap Seoul race (:yuck:) in the 787B, I've been testing some cars that are slower still - the Toyota 7, the R390, the Vertigo, the CLK-GTR, the Escudo, the Panoz, the 2J, the F1 GTR, and the GT-R Concept LM - all in stock form, at each of the tracks that I've visited so far. The list is incomplete right now; there are some cars that I haven't yet driven at each of these eight tracks, and I won't have the information necessary to determine the winning ability of each of these cars at the last seven tracks until I actually do those races. So, at each track, the cars listed are the ones that appear to be fast enough to win cleanly based on comparisons with my lap times and margins of victory in the 787B; in italics, the car seems like it might be able to win, but it's iffy.

Tokyo Route 246
None

Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
None

New York
Chaparral 2J, AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

High-Speed Ring
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

Grand Valley Speedway
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Circuit de la Sarthe 1 (counting runoff areas as track)
Gillet Vertigo (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Cote d'Azur
Chaparral 2J, AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), BMW McLaren F1 GTR
(Because they would have been very amusing wins if they were capable, I tried the 2D on R3s here, as well as the 2J on S1s (which still give more grip than the real 2J had, but are at least closer), but neither was fast enough)

Seoul Central
Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR

Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Chaparral 2J, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), BMW McLaren F1 GTR, Gillet Vertigo (maximum downforce), Nissan GT-R Concept LM, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Toyota 7

Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
Chaparral 2J

Nurburgring Nordschleife
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), BMW McLaren F1 GTR (I was amazed at this one; it probably can't win, but it's astonishingly close because the car fits the track so well), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

El Capitan
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Fuji Speedway 2005
Chaparral 2J, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

Suzuka Circuit
None

No, I'm really not kidding about the Escudo. The maximization of downforce definitely does help, although it does mean that your only option for 200 points is to use R1 tires. No driving aids or changes to the suspension or VCD are necessary, and the car actually has reasonable tire life (the rear tires actually wear out first, even though the VCD is at 45 :confused:)

Last edited:
I apologize for the triple post, but I feel that this is interesting enough to merit it. While procrastinating for the 113-lap Seoul race (:yuck:) in the 787B, I've been testing some cars that are slower still - the Toyota 7, the R390, the Vertigo, the CLK-GTR, the Escudo, the Panoz, the 2J, the F1 GTR, and the GT-R Concept LM - all in stock form, at each of the tracks that I've visited so far. The list is incomplete right now; there are some cars that I haven't yet driven at each of these eight tracks, and I won't have the information necessary to determine the winning ability of each of these cars at the last seven tracks until I actually do those races. So, at each track, the cars listed are the ones that appear to be fast enough to win cleanly based on comparisons with my lap times and margins of victory in the 787B; in italics, the car seems like it might be able to win, but it's iffy.

Tokyo Route 246
None

Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
None

New York
Chaparral 2J, AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

High-Speed Ring
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

Grand Valley Speedway

Circuit de la Sarthe 1 (counting runoff areas as track)
Gillet Vertigo (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Cote d'Azur
Chaparral 2J, AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), BMW McLaren F1 GTR
(Because they would have been very amusing wins if they were capable, I tried the 2D on R3s here, as well as the 2J on S1s (which still give more grip than the real 2J had, but are at least closer), but neither was fast enough)

Seoul Central
Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR

Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course
Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Chaparral 2J, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), BMW McLaren F1 GTR, Gillet Vertigo (maximum downforce), Nissan GT-R Concept LM, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Toyota 7

Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
Chaparral 2J

Nurburgring Nordschleife
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires), BMW McLaren F1 GTR (I was amazed at this one; it probably can't win, but it's astonishingly close because the car fits the track so well), Chaparral 2J (not recommended because of spins)

El Capitan

Fuji Speedway 2005
Chaparral 2J, Nissan R390 GT1 (maximum downforce), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Suzuki Escudo (maximum downforce, R1 tires)

Suzuka Circuit
None

No, I'm really not kidding about the Escudo. The maximization of downforce definitely does help, although it does mean that your only option for 200 points is to use R1 tires. No driving aids or changes to the suspension or VCD are necessary, and the car actually has reasonable tire life (the rear tires actually wear out first, even though the VCD is at 45 :confused:)

Are you going to do the whole championship with the R390?

Some 200 pointers I got:

Like the Wind - Audi Le Mans Quattro '03 (stock, oil refresh probably)
Dream Car - Test Course - Spyker C8 Laviolette '02
(Weight reduction stage 1, engine balancing, port polish)

past 50k yesterday!!!

I have been procrastinating completing my 200pt FGT report because I can't seem to beat the Motegi SS event with the FGT. My goal has been / is to do all the FGT series in the NTSC/NA ver with the FGT (Black one, aka. 'Black Mamba' :) ), and have done all races but the SS with it for easy 200pt victories. I took the Audi R8 and won the 200pts by a mile, but I really want to complete all the races with the FGT, and I haven't seen a report of someone doing it on the NTSC/NA version yet.

I've basically lived in the 200pt forums for a few months, but haven't seen a setup suggested to accomplish this. Has anyone gotten 200pts at SS with the FGT on the NTSC/NA version? I'm interested in doing the race clean, but quite honestly, after 4 losses, I'll wall ride (or whatever) without much thought of it at this point.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Car-less did this event in the FGT with wallriding, and he provides a partial setup along with some reference times back on page 2. I'm pretty sure that nobody has made a serious effort to win the Super Speedway race cleanly in the FGT for 200 points, because it's at such a disadvantage with the downforce all but minimized. Without wallriding, it's an impossible task (probably), but since you're willing to take advantage of it, it's definitely doable.

I reviewed Car-Less' posts when I began, however he is running the PAL version where the FGT are doing 11-12 lap stints (IIRC). I know that the NTSC/NA FGT's are pulling 13-14 lap stints which I believe tranlates into one less stop for them. If I could get the NTSC/NA to stop one more time than I could probably take the win. What I've deduced is that I need to lap high .27s to low .28s consistently, but can't get into the .27s but for a few laps, which means I have to stop about as much as them. I will work on the setup this Friday night some more. I was just thinking that Dotini or superkin might have something up their sleeve. Thanks.

edit: Knowing that I already have the 200pts has lessened my ambition for this, since I have bigger fish to fry (currently at 105k+ aspec pts, meaning Saleens, Mini's, Copen's, Hyundai's and six enduros to still max out. :crazy:)

Had a fun race last night for 200 pts in the Formula GT race at El Capitan.

Used the "black beauty" used-car-lot 787B with oil change, rigidity refresh, and rigidity upgrade. Starting on Hard tires, it's good for 200 pts even with full downforce. Did 5 ten-lap stints on Hard tires, and 2 seven-lap stints on Medium tires.

Was getting tired near the end and not driving my best, and I had a few offs during the race and one spin that put my front end right up against the tunnel wall, requiring reversing and losing quite a bit of time, but I ended up winning by about 5 seconds, after 64 laps and over an hour and a half of racing.

Like the wind:

1.)Sauber C9
2.)Audi R8
3.)Mazda 787B
4.)Ford GT LM
5.)Nissan R92CP
ME) Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG : R1/R1, 999 Hp, Downforce 20/30, Transmission-AUTO:25, No Ballast.👍

This one was the easiest 200 Point race ever!:)
They will get some "holeshot", but you can reach them in lap 2; if you get impatient use the nitrous.👍

Last edited:
Formula GT World Championship Race 6 200 A-Spec

Car: Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Ballast 100, TCS 1) / MR / 784HP / 1000kg / 1.28 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by raVer

audir8g.png

audir8sell.png

LINEUP:

audir8lineup.png

RESULT:

audir8result.png

PIT: every 3 Laps

Best Lap:

raVer

Last edited:
Like The Wind 200 A-Spec

Car: Mazda 787B Race Car '91 (Black, no oil, no rigidity refresh, 200 Ballast, DF 38/53, N1 Tyres) / MR / 715HP / 1030kg / 1.44 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by raVer

787b.png

LINEUP:

787blineup.png

RESULT:

787bresult.png

RACEVIDEO:

raVer

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times, (and without using the Dodge Ram) anyway here is my first batch of races.

15/4/15 Some races re-done marked EDIT.

The Following events can be won for 200 A-Spec points with no AI contact and OLR clean, though most are pretty tough (under the fore mentioned conditions).

All Special Conditions (Easy)

Umbria Rally - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts - NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, S3 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Brakes: 4,10
Suspension: 10,8.5 120,130 6,7 7,8 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.000
Aids: 000
LSD: 5,5 5,5 5,5
VCD: 10
Ballast: 5,-5
Overtake on the right exiting the first chicane which becomes the inside for the the tightening right hander leading into the hairpin.

Umbria Rally Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts - SR exhaust, Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, S1,S2 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Ballast: 55,-50
Overtake at the same spot as above, only you're going in the opposite direction.
(Pass under brakes on the inside into the final chicane).

Capri Rally - Honda Element '03 vs Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Parts - NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Brakes: 5,10
Suspension: 8.0,7.5 125,130 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.100
Overtake down inside into 3rd last corner (first of the three 180' hairpins).

Capri Rally Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91
Parts - R exhaust, Chip, NA2, S1,S2 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Ballast: 89,-50
Overtake on the way to the line on the second lap, draft & shift early to make it, I only won by 0.05.

EDIT
Grand Canyon Rally - Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 vs Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione '91
Parts -
Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 8,4
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 125,123 -,- 4,4 5,5 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.650
LSD: 25 40 20
Ballast: 71,-20
Overtake on the left exiting the hard left in the canyon when the AI runs wide on the 1st lap.

EDIT
Grand Canyon Rally Reverse - Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 vs Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione '91 for 185 Points
Parts -
Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 8,4
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 125,123 -,- 4,4 5,5 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.650
LSD: 25 40 20
Overtake off the line on the right.

EDIT
Whistler Ice Rally - Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid '85 vs Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 for 49 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Brake Balance: 6,3
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 175,175 4,5 5,6 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.250
Downforce: 8,11
LSD: 10,10 20,20 10,10
VCD: 35
Ballast: 194,0

EDIT
Whistler Ice Rally Reverse - Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid '85 vs Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 for 49 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Brake Balance: 6,3
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 175,175 4,5 5,6 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.250
Downforce: 8,11
LSD: 10,10 20,20 10,10
VCD: 35
Ballast: 194,0

EDIT
Chamonix Rally - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts -
Sports Exhaust, PC Chip, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, VCD, Stage 3 Weight Reduction.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 8,5
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 129,131 -,- 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.400
VCD: 15
Overtake down the inside at a hairpin left, approx 7 corners from the end of the 1st lap.

EDIT
Chamonix Rally Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts -
Sports Exhaust, PC Chip, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD, Stage 3 Weight Reduction.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 8,5
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 129,131 -,- 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.400
VCD: 20
Overtake on the inside (left) coming into the finish on the 2nd lap.

EDIT
George V Rally - Mazda MX-5 L-Limited (j) '91 (Black Oil) vs Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione '91
Parts -
S2,S3 tyres, Sports Exhaust, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brakes: 6,4
Suspension: 5.2, 5.5 112,115 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.075
Ballast: 54,50
Overtake on inside (right) under brakes for the first right hand corner after exiting the roundabout on the 2nd lap.

EDIT
George V Rally Reverse - Mazda MX-5 L-Limited (j) '91 (Black Oil) vs Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione '91
Parts -
S2,S3 tyres, Sports Exhaust, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft.
Settings -
Brakes: 6,4
Suspension: 5.2, 5.5 112,115 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.075
Ballast: 54,50
Overtake on inside (right) through the roundabout on the 1st lap.

Swiss Alps - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91
Parts - R exhaust, Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,7.5 124,130 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Overtake on the inside into T3 (pretty easy race, other cars could do it too).

Swiss Alps Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Subaru Imprezza WRX STI VII '95
Parts - R exhaust, Chip, NA2, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Overtake on the outside (left) coming into the finish on lap 2.

Tahiti Maze - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts - Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Ballast: 32,-10
Overtake off the start line (with a good launch and well timed shifts (ie. shift a little bit early)).

Tahiti Maze Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Audi Quattro '82
Parts - Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Ballast: 32,-10
Overtake on the inside (right) exiting the long uphill sweeper which is just before the final set of hairpins.

Tsukuba Wet - Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 Vs Mazda Rx8 Type S '03
Ballast 85,-50
Overtake with an over/under exiting the final hairpin, jump into draft down back straight, get next to AI exiting the final corner and pass down the inside into T1 on the second lap.

Yosemite Rally I - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91
Parts - R Exhaust, Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Overtake on the inside (right) through the last corner.

Yosemite Rally I Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91
Parts - R Exhaust, Chip, NA1, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Overtake on the outside (left) of the easy left at the start of the tarmac section, which puts you in front in time for the easy right which is just after it.

Yosemite Rally II - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91
Settings -
Overtake on the inside (right) through the last corner.

Yosemite Rally II Reverse - Honda Element '03 vs Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185) '91 for 179 Points
Parts - Chip, NA2, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD, VCD
Settings -
Overtake on the right off the start line.

Last edited:
Not sure about you guys but I think that in the tuskuba wet, the Nissan gtr concept car, fully tuned and soft tires can kick ass. I beat the 787b by 11 seconds !!! :)

And I still got 200 points :D I think

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times, (and without using the Dodge Ram) anyway here are my efforts at the Special Conditions normal races.

15/4/15 Some races re-done marked EDIT.

The Following events can be won for 200 A-Spec points with no AI contact and OLR clean, though most are pretty tough (under the fore mentioned conditions).

All Special Conditions (Normal)

EDIT
Umbria Rally - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 vs Mitsubishi Starion Rally Car '84
Parts -
R2,R5 tyres, Race Exhaust, NA Stage 3.
Settings -
Brakes: 7,5
Suspension: 8.5,9.0 114,116 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.2 0,2 4,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.275
LSD: 10 10 5
Ballast: 85,50
Overtake on the inside (right) under brakes before the chicane at the end of the long downhill straight just before the final timing sector on the 1st lap.

EDIT
Umbria Rally Reverse - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 vs Mitsubishi Starion Rally Car '84
Parts -
R2,R5 tyres, Race Exhaust, NA Stage 3.
Settings -
Brakes: 7,5
Suspension: 8.5,9.0 114,116 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.2 0,2 4,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.500
LSD: 10 10 5
Ballast: 85,50
Overtake on the outside (right) exiting the final hairpin at the end of the 1st lap.

Capri Rally - Renault Clio Sport V6 24V '00 (black oil) vs Subaru Impreza STI Sp.C '04
Parts - S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brakes: 8,6
Suspension: 8.0,8.0 111,111 8,7 7,6 1.8,1.2 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.100
LSD: 5,5,10
Ballast: 6,0
Overtake down the inside (right) into the 3rd last corner (first of the three 180' hairpins).

Capri Rally Reverse - Renault Clio Sport V6 24V '00 (black oil) vs Mitsubishi Lancer VI RS TME '00
Parts - S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brakes: 8,9
Suspension: 8.0,8.0 111,111 6,7 7,8 1.5,1.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.000
Ballast: 94,-50
Overtake down inside (left) into the first corner on the second lap.

EDIT
Grand Canyon Rally - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 for 69 Points
Parts -
Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brakes: 7,4
Suspension: 5.5,5.5 125,125 -,- 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.500
LSD: 8,8 25,25 15,15
Ballast: 197,0
Overtake on the left exiting the hard left in the canyon when the AI runs wide on the 1st lap.

EDIT
Grand Canyon Rally Reverse - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 for 69 Points
Parts -
Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.500
LSD: 8,8 25,25 15,15
Ballast: 197,15

EDIT
Whistler Ice Rally - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94 for 86 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.900
LSD: 15,15 30,30 15,15
Ballast: 196,-10

EDIT
Whistler Ice Rally Reverse - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94 for 86 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.900
LSD: 15,15 30,30 15,15
Ballast: 196,-10

EDIT
Chamonix Rally - Lotus Elan S1 '62 vs Mitsubishi Lancer VI TME
Parts -
NA Stage 1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brakes: 8,4
Suspension: 5.4,5.1 106,104 -,- 4,4 5,5 2.5,2.2 0,0 4,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.250
LSD: 20 30 15
Ballast: 42,25
Overtake on the outside (right) exiting 2nd corner leading to under brakes down inside for the 3rd corner, on 1st lap.

EDIT
Chamonix Rally Reverse - Lotus Elan S1 '62 vs Mitsubishi Lancer VI TME
Parts -
NA Stage 1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brakes: 9,3
Suspension: 5.5,5.0 107,103 -,- 4,4 5,5 2.5,2.2 1,0 4,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.250
LSD: 25 40 15
Ballast: 42,50
Overtake on the inside (right) coming into the finish on the 3rd lap.

George V Paris - Renault Clio Sport V6 24V '00 (black oil) vs Mitsubishi Lancer VIII MR GSR '04
Parts - S1,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.400
Ballast: 49,-50
Overtake under brakes on the inside (right) into the right hand corner after exiting the roundabout on the 1st lap.

George V Paris Reverse - Renault Clio Sport V6 24V '00 (black oil) vs Subaru Impreza STI Sp.C '04
Parts - S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, Brake Controller, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.400
Ballast: 5,-50
Overtake on the left exiting the last corner on the 1st lap.

Swiss Alps - Honda S2000 '03 vs Mitsubishi Lancer VIII MR GSR '04
Pass under brakes on left (outside) after the long back straight coming into the easy right which is followed by a hard left near the end of the circuit on the 2nd lap.

Swiss Alps Reverse - Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid '85 vs Ford Escort Rally Car '98
Settings -
Brakes: 6,9
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 175,180 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.300
Downforce: 12,12
Overtake on the outside (left) through the final bend coming into the finish on lap 3.

Tour of Tahiti - Lotus Elise 111R vs Mitsubishi Lancer VIII MR GSR '04
Overtake on the left exiting the final bend and then out brake on the inside (left) for turn1 at the start of the second lap.

Tour of Tahiti Reverse - ASL Garaiya '02 vs Mitsubishi Lancer VIII MR GSR '04
Overtake on the left (outside) of turn 3 (long tarmac right hand bend) on the 1st lap.

Tsukuba Wet - Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II N1 (R34) '00 vs Saleen S7 '02
Overtake on the right through turn6 into the turn7 hairpin on the first lap.

Yosemite Rally I - Lotus Elise Type-72 '01 vs Mitsubishi Lancer IV GSR '96
Overtake on the inside (right) through the last corner at the end of the first lap.

Yosemite Rally I Reverse - Lotus Elise 111S '03 vs Mitsubishi Lancer IV GSR '96
Overtake on the outside exiting the fast left at the start of the tarmac section, which gets you in front before the fast right which is just after it.

Yosemite Rally II - Lotus Elise 111R '04 vs Mitsubishi Lancer IV GSR '96
Parts - FC Transmission.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.750
Ballast: 182,-10
Overtake on the inside (right) through the last corner at the end of the first lap.

Yosemite Rally II Reverse - Lotus Elise 111R '04 vs Mitsubishi Lancer IV GSR '96
Parts - FC Transmission.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.750
Ballast: 182,-10
Overtake on the left exiting the long right hand turn4 just before the slow switch back on the 1st lap.

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times, (and without using the Dodge Ram) anyway here are my efforts at the Special Conditions normal races.

shotamagee, I'm following with admiration your wheel tracks in both the easy and normal Special Conditions events. I'm wondering if you have developed favorite setup(s) for the Grand Canyon events?

Respectfully,
Steve

shotamagee, I'm following with admiration your wheel tracks in both the easy and normal Special Conditions events. I'm wondering if you have developed favorite setup(s) for the Grand Canyon events?

Respectfully,
Steve

200 points is just not possible at this circuit (with my conditions) so for the moment I've used the Subaru Impreza 22B for both easy and normal. It gatherer me 9&10 points for easy and then 31&31 pretty tough points against the Renault Clio for normal. Whistler & Chamonix are also pretty low, if/when I finish everything else maybe I'll revisit them. I'll PM the details for all (well easy & normal so far) special conditions if you're still interested.

200 points is just not possible at this circuit (with my conditions) so for the moment I've used the Subaru Impreza 22B for both easy and normal. It gatherer me 9&10 points for easy and then 31&31 pretty tough points against the Renault Clio for normal. Whistler & Chamonix are also pretty low, if/when I finish everything else maybe I'll revisit them. I'll PM the details for all (well easy & normal so far) special conditions if you're still interested.

Oh I'm highly interested, since I'm learning to do this all over again without the Dodge Ram, nitrous and all those other bad tricks I used the first time!

Respectfully,
Steve

The Honda Element can be used to get 200 pts at the easy Grand Canyon races without NOS. It's been a while, I can't guess how much more difficult it becomes if you demand an OLR clean race...

I do remember that both races were close and took me multiple attempts.

Swiss Alps (Easy) - Ford SVT-150 Lightning vs Mitsubishi Lancer GSR 92; 200 A-spec points, Mov > 14 sec!
Full setup: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8981/SVT-F-150-Lightning-Dotini2001/

Swiss Alps (Normal) - Toyota Celica 2000GT-Four (ST165) vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS TME; 200 A-spec points
Full setup: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8980/Celica-2000GT-FOUR-(ST165)-Dotini2001/

Swiss Alps (Hard) - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03; 200 A-spec points, MoV > 14 sec!
Full setup: On the way

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
I found a wealth of information for Special Conditions setups, particularly focused on non-RAM races, for 200 points while I was conducting my own 100,000 A-spec quest, within these 2 threads at GTBN which came highly recommended by Sukerkin:

LDM's GT4 Obsessions

& Ever the optimist

There's some good discussion there about setups for the Honda Element (as jbrennen has mentioned above) and also the Mazda Crossport which is often overlooked (although I didn't end up trying it myself). I don't rightly remember whether these guys were racing 100% OLR clean, but they were able to achieve quite a lot.
I do remember that in my own 100,000 A-spec quest the only points I left behind ~330 out of 12600 available were at Grand Canyon Hard and Tahiti Maze Hard as these are just 2 of the most frustrating place to try and keep clean. As it turned out I didn't need to max them out in order to hit my 100,000 goal anyway.

Swiss Alps (Normal) - Toyota Celica 2000GT-Four (ST165) vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS TME; 200 A-spec points
Full setup: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8980/Celica-2000GT-FOUR-(ST165)-Dotini2001/

Swiss Alps (Hard) - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 vs Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03; 200 A-spec points, MoV > 14 sec!
Full setup: On the way

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Hiya Dotini:
No wonder I was never too fond of GT4's dirt handling...MY set-ups sucked!!! Your Celica set-up feels like it's "On Rails!" Ran the "Easy" first because I haven't driven GT4's dirt courses in at least a couple of years. Only got 39 points [which was 33 more than I had!] so wondered if I'd really get 200 for the "Normal" race.

Took a while to find the TME opponant so I opted for another Lancer & scored 139 easy points. Reset another 10-12 times & found the "TME" ride. He hit ME in the door & you can guess who got the 5 second penalty??? NO matter, chased him down & "Smoked" him by nearly 6 seconds at the line!!!

Then wondered what would happen in the "Hard" round. Ended up adding 35hp, took all but 12kg of ballast out & added a wing set @ 19/30. Once again I got the penalty when the AI T-boned me, 👎 then I had an unassisted spin & still only lost by .880 seconds. Fired it up again, made a concerted effort to stay away from the Subie Impressa [Full Rallye Version] & 5 laps later I finished 15+ second ahead with another 200 points to show for my effort!!! Gonna go run 'em the other direction. Hope you've got some more Dirt Set-ups in the pipeline! MANY THANX...O.G.
old.gif

Hiya Dotini: Hope you've got some more Dirt Set-ups in the pipeline! MANY THANX...O.G.
old.gif

I'm gratified you found my setup useful, O.G. I'd like to put some more dirt setups out, but, incredibly, both my TV and PS2 experienced problems over the Christmas weekend. I'm in the midst of replacing both, so more setups will have to wait for a week or so.

Happy New Year!
Steve

Latest Posts

Back