Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,343 comments
I was fortunate. I had no issues getting logged on or finding a session. I got my F-Type SVR without any problems.
View attachment 1347851
Screenshot 2024-04-18 211050.png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 210651.png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 210008.png

Drives really well too!

I think this will be replacing the older F-Type for the next game however.

I still think the '23 Civic shows up in the Apex update (unless there's a Japan Month Part 2 down the road)

Also Crew Motorfest arrives on Steam today, which maaaaay give Playground extra incentive to give us some cool stuff.
The Xbox Publisher Sale is going on too, over on Steam. I'd bet good money on this being a strong update to get folks interested in picking the game up--bit like how the Lunar New Year update was timed to coincide with the Lunar New Year sale.

Granted that hasn't stopped 'okay' updates from happening before, but I get the sense PG will only want to bring its best during a big sale.

Does anyone know if your team points in the Trial are finalised when the first car crosses the line or when everybody else finishes / time runs out? I ask because our team won the first, lost the second quite badly, but with the third, we were ahead when me and another player crossed the line, though the rest of the team fell behind after and gave the red team the win. Despite that, we still won the whole Trial somehow.

Does anyone know if your team points in the Trial are finalised when the first car crosses the line or when everybody else finishes / time runs out? I ask because our team won the first, lost the second quite badly, but with the third, we were ahead when me and another player crossed the line, though the rest of the team fell behind after and gave the red team the win. Despite that, we still won the whole Trial somehow.
I believe it calculates at the end of the race. That way position changes are counted.

A drag racing car pack would be a strange choice though... after all, outside America nobody really cares about quarter miles and dragsters.

It's going to be an interesting Monday :D

I'm betting that this is actually a Takeover Update, like how they did The Rush and Wilds updates. After all, Drag Racing is part of the Apex Festival.
I mean, that's what this is, it's basically Horizon Apex Takeover. Unless this is straight-up FH5 x NHRA, it's probably just that.

But this DOES lend more of a credence to the main theme of the car update being Top Speed Legends, which the Venom 1200 allegedly counts towards...

Last edited:
Well that is certainly interesting and not what I expected.

Perhaps we will get some drag themed upgrades for some of the muscle cars in the game like;
  • Rear Tire Profile upgrade
  • Wheelie bars?
  • Drag Style Aero Wing (flap)
  • Drag style suspension

Probably too much wishful thinking there but getting even the tire profile upgrade would be cool.

We'll probably just get the Prostock and that's it though :lol:

As for cars, the Hennessey now makes more sense and I think we'll be seeing a lot of American Muscle coming.

Can see any of these making the cut for Apex Allstars

Returning Cars:

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary Super Sport
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1996 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1952 Hudson Hornet
1949 Mercury Coupe
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
2010 SSC Ultimate Aero
2012 Shelby 1000

New to Forza Cars:

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Stock
2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170
1968 Dodge “Supercharger” (Restomod)
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
2022 Hennessey Mustang GT500 "Venom 1200"

dg023-139cl-64189a5801d9c.jpg

Last edited:

Whoa, so we have at least partial confirmation of this being at least an eight car update. Doesn't look like the S5S got a new model so it's probably Exclusive Events, but... well, we'll get to that.
So I've definitely gotta revise my predictions now, huh? I was expecting purely a Track Toys update but with the arrival of drag racers and a focus on high speed, it's looking more and more like we're due for a big feature update this week. Now, I don't necessarily think this means Drag Zone PR Stunts, now that I've had time to separate from the initial hype and think about it--we might just be getting more drag race events--but it's Playground, so it might still be a thing.

With the direct confirmation of the Saleen S5S (top speed of 200 MPH) and Jason Line's Pro Stock Camaro (possible top speed of 215 MPH), it's lookin' more and more likely that the theme is Top Speed Legends specifically. This isn't to discount the Track Toys theme completely but we definitely aren't getting the update the title seemed to hint at.

Since this update seems like it's going to be a big one--and why wouldn't it be, with the Publisher Sale goin' on--I'm seein' for and against both 40 point car weeks and Exclusive Events. PG has tended to celebrate feature updates with big car updates and Playlist content, and with the new drag races and potentially new circuits, 40 point cars seem like the way forward to force players to engage with it all. But considering the S5S, a model I have never personally jived with, it's possible they wouldn't have touched up any of the returning cars very much. Exclusive Events, therefore, feels like it makes the most sense here, but... never underestimate the tendency of PG to celebrate big things with high player engagement requirements, right?

To this end, my revised predictions are as follows:

Summer: Maserati MC20, 2008 Saleen S5S
Autumn: Koenigsegg Gemera, SSC Ultimate Aero
Winter: 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Shelby 1000
Spring: Bugatti Bolide, European Returning Track Toy

DLC:
Hennessey Venom 1200
Jason Line's Pro Stock Camaro
EV Hypercar
Ferrari Enzo ZXX Evo

Basically I'm goin' with an alternating theme for each week. One week is pure speed, one week is track toys, and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
Ferrari Enzo ZXX Evo

Given Ferrari's stance on modified cars, I suspect this one is very unlikely to ever happen. I don't think Edo Competition are in their good books either after they road-registered a real FXX later. The owner of that particular modified Enzo is also apparently something of an idiot who drove it into a lake while speeding hence the bodywork rebuild with non-Ferrari-sourced parts.

...Plus we've already got the genuine FXX, no need for someone's backyard clone.

Last edited:
Back