Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,353 comments
I just noticed that in Hot Wheels some of my cars won't go above the high 400 kmh (243 ish mph) and some not above the low 500 kmh (322 ish mph) even if reachable and that the max speed the max is set higher.

My Hennessey Venom F5 made it to the 522 kph mark (340 ish mph) and even if nowhere the maximum RPM it would over-rev and get stuck at that speed.

Did I mess up my tuning somewhere? :confused:

Given Ferrari's stance on modified cars, I suspect this one is very unlikely to ever happen. I don't think Edo Competition are in their good books either after they road-registered a real FXX later. The owner of that particular modified Enzo is also apparently something of an idiot who drove it into a lake while speeding hence the bodywork rebuild with non-Ferrari-sourced parts.
True. I was basically looking for a hyper-fast ICE car that you could safely squirrel into an Ultimate Speed Pack (hypothetical title) that wasn't, like, a Bugatti or a Koenigsegg; all the biggies are pretty much already in Horizon, for the most part, except for the Tuatara, and I somehow doubt we're getting that one.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about the new Prostock Camaro.
At least this car is a type of model that has never existed in Forza before and it is the coolest. I love it.
But the biggest problem is that there is no race in FM, let alone FH, where this car can be properly used.

After all, the drag racing mode in Forza is so simplified compared to that of games that specialize in drag racing that it has become "just driving straight" and the fun, difficulty, and excitement that real drag racing has is not there.
Even the game created by Team6, notorious as one of the worst developers in racing games, is better than FH5 when it comes to drag racing fun.

I would welcome this Camaro even more if PG would add a proper drag racing mode.
But if not, then this car will suffer the same fate as the HKS Drag 180SX and Drag R33 in Gran Turismo 2.

I have mixed feelings about the new Prostock Camaro.
At least this car is a type of model that has never existed in Forza before and it is the coolest. I love it.
But the biggest problem is that there is no race in FM, let alone FH, where this car can be properly used.
And Prostock cars runs 6s in 1/4 mile irl, which means even the quickest drag build we currently have in the game is no match for this car. So unless we get multiple Prostock cars in this update, it kinds of make the Prostock Camaro a boring standalone existence. Plus I doubt this car can be driving normally in free roam with all that power and drag suspension/gearing setup since it can barely turn and will spin once you hit throttle a little too hard.

In that respect it might be more fun to have proper drag racing cars as a story mode element when introducing a new drag strip with drag lights. That way we get to play with the dragster but it wouldn't need to cope with actual corners?

Noticed the Cobra Mustang from last week has rear tyre profile modifications to give a drag look, wondered if any more cars were going to revive it because I believe it was the first outside the 4X4s?

Noticed the Cobra Mustang from last week has rear tyre profile modifications to give a drag look, wondered if any more cars were going to revive it because I believe it was the first outside the 4X4s?
Tire profile options had already been introduced on some cars.
Available on some older muscle cars, such as the 1964 Plymouth Belvedere added in S27.

And Prostock cars runs 6s in 1/4 mile irl, which means even the quickest drag build we currently have in the game is no match for this car. So unless we get multiple Prostock cars in this update, it kinds of make the Prostock Camaro a boring standalone existence. Plus I doubt this car can be driving normally in free roam with all that power and drag suspension/gearing setup since it can barely turn and will spin once you hit throttle a little too hard.
I totally agree with everything you've said bud...............but I'm still hooning this thing down the side of the volcano 😂😂😂😂

Yep, so far the list of cars with only rear tyre profile upgrades is:
1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
1964 Plymouth Belvedere
1968 Pontiac Firebird
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
If they seriously bring the Firebird and Judge back as Hard to Finds this Series I'll eat my hat. Those are the only two cars I need now to finish off the collection and the coincidences there are too strong to ignore at this point, especially with everything feeling like it's pointing to Exclusive Events for the returning additions.

Last edited:
If they seriously bring the Firebird and Judge back as Hard to Finds this Series I'll eat my hat. Those are the only two cars I need now to finish off the collection and the coincidences there are too strong to ignore at this point...

Before you get too excited, that list is also basically just a list of all muscle cars added since Series 27, when PG appear to have realised that tyre profile upgrades on them would look cool. Unlike the 4x4s, PG haven't retrospectively given profile upgrades to muscle cars, so it's only these newest releases that have them. They've always had those upgrades however, so it says nothing about the next series.

Before you get too excited, that list is also basically just a list of all muscle cars added since Series 27, when PG appear to have realised that tyre profile upgrades on them would look cool. Unlike the 4x4s, PG haven't retrospectively given profile upgrades to muscle cars, so it's only these newest releases that have them. They've always had those upgrades however, so it says nothing about the next series.
Oh, I know. I just wish I wouldn't have to keep trolling the Auction House looking for 'em. If I could just get them as Hard-to-Finds that'd be great, but I'm fully expecting returning Track Toys over the muscle cars.

I've spent the weekend at someone's camp site 😜

1000008708.png

Something interesting things found after searching. This time it came from sound files of the game so no pictures.

I will put it under spoiler.

Remember during last season (Racing history) where Ramiro introducing that week theme while you’re checking festival playlist? The audio i’ve found (I think) will be similar to that. Consider this a hint for upcoming series.

The series most likely will be named “Eliminati” or something similar

New features based on the audio files

• A new eliminator duels game mode for 2 players (similar to duo game mode on battle royale I guess??)
  • You can fix your teammate car after they got eliminated (there is a time limit)
  • You can pin car drop so your teammate can see it
  • You can spectate your teammate (if you’re eliminated and your teammate haven’t)
  • Updated eliminator cars
  • New levelling system on eliminator with these rewards
    • Different starting cars
    • Outfits
  • Eliminati rewards where you can customize livery on your eliminator car
  • Something related to Eliminati rewards to smash during eliminator for levelling up
  • Triangle/Eliminati themed collectible
  • Limited edition eliminator car?? (perhaps a car only for eliminator mode, still vague)
I’ll attach the zipped audio files so you can check it too (2 zip due to upload limit)
Excuse me, where are these voice files located in the game file? I want to hear the different language versions

In that respect it might be more fun to have proper drag racing cars as a story mode element when introducing a new drag strip with drag lights. That way we get to play with the dragster but it wouldn't need to cope with actual corners?
I feel like it'd be significantly more likely that we'd be required to complete a chapter of Legends of Speed for a Daily Challenge than us ever getting a surprise new Horizon Story. That content is probably long done by now.

Which reminds me; I think I'm gonna temper my expectations for this Series. As it is this sounds like a 9/10 update already, but for all we know the new events they're talking about adding are probably just 'oh by the way drag racing events have Rivals leaderboards now'. Which, considering the same promise two months ago simply led to a lift of restrictions on Rivals car leaderboards in Rally Adventure, would not be a huge surprise.

Last edited:
From my point of view, adding a drag racing mode to FH5 now is basically play-testing it for FH6. If it were to come, it would be bare bones, rather like stuff they threw at us in earlier Forza Horizons which became more complete when released as base content in the next game.

Still, we shall see...

From my point of view, adding a drag racing mode to FH5 now is basically play-testing it for FH6. If it were to come, it would be bare bones, rather like stuff they threw at us in earlier Forza Horizons which became more complete when released as base content in the next game.

Still, we shall see...
If they add anything of substance at all I think it'll be new drag racing routes and circuits. Like, a drag racing route on the freeway, one in Playa Azul, and a circuit in Tierra Prospera, with maybe another one that uses the freeway as kind of a home straight. That Drag Racing Rivals thing is pretty much the bare minimum of what PG could do to meet the promise of new events this update.

Still, if they do only go after the bare minimum, it justifies more lax requirements for the returning cars, so... take what you can get here, I guess.

Last edited:
I am noting with a hint of trepidation that the guests are all bigshots in the vehicle design department. This is gonna be huge, I can tell.

Are they really just porting over the GT cars from Motorsport?

Last edited:
Back