Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,926 comments
prophecy-says-mace-windu-mace-windu.gif

I love that you get this right almost everytime
To be fair I have been wrong a few times mainly because at the end of the day T10 has their own plans and a roadmap based on how they see fit. One of those being a track a month, I really thought we would get a return track every month for the first 9 months or so but here we are... I wish I nailed predictions everytime though.

Turn10 keep posting pictures of tracks with a question. This time it was Suzuka, last time it was Road Am. I keep putting ever so polite comments mentioning track ribbons missing from previous games. In these instances both 'West' circuits. Someone else mentioned Bugatti circuit. Last time i managed to shoehorn Sonoma in to my comment (One of my favourite 'i'm useless but i enjoy it' circuits).

I'm sure it's just a bit of PR and that there are better places for me to make suggestions (Forza forums if they still exist?)but i've been having a bit of fun with it anyway.

Edit: The other suggestion was Nords 3x Sprint ribbons from FM4 as a useful learning tool.

Last edited:
They clearly removed any ribbons which lacked pits for FM23, which is why for example Suzuka West was left out.
Suzuka West did have a pit lane though, and the pit lane/building still exists in FM8 with a wall blocking it off like when running the full circuit in FM7. It's a short pit lane, but since all cars stack in the same pit box for stops in this game, that wouldn't even be an issue this time around.

The only ones I can think of off-hand that they removed that didn't have a pitlane were Catalunya School, Homestead Super Mini, and Road America West.

For how long the new events (with the Renault Turbo F1) will last?
Normally, during a 4 week series, you get 2 extra weeks for the Featured Tour (so 23 May). Not sure if that gets extended to 30 May due to this being a 5 week series.

Don't forget that DOES NOT apply to the Open Tour races which change over next Thursday 16 May.

https://forza.net/news/motorsport-community-may-2024

So, what’s coming in the next few months?

In addition to adding more tracks and specific features like Spectate Mode, Endurance Races, Car Proximity Radar, Forza GT car division changes, and Logitech TrueForce support to name just a few, we’re improving the overall experience of Multiplayer with some significant changes:
First, beginning with next week’s update we have introduced tweaks to how Safety Rating is calculated by increasing the number of previous races that we use to determine your Safety Rating from 10 to 20. This will put a greater emphasis on your longer-term racing trends. A safe racer with one bad race out of 20 will see little impact on their Safety Rating. A player with a low SR with one clean race out of 20 will see little impact on their rating. This also means that it will take longer for players to raise their SR.

In addition to the shift to longer-term racing trends, there will be increased weighting placed on collisions to determine your SR. Players with many FRR penalties will see their SR drop faster than before.

After the first race in Update 8 some players' Ratings may shift due to the change from 10 to 20 races in the SR calculation.

For Matchmaking, we updated the search algorithm to search for a narrower range of safety ratings compared to your own. For example, players with an ‘S’ safety rating should no longer match players with ‘E’ and ‘D’ safety ratings.
Near term for FRR, we are implementing changes to how the system handles fault assignments across several situations. Our next two priorities are rear-ended players incorrectly being assigned penalties and penalizing players who repeatedly cause low velocity side swipe offenses.
Next priorities include looking at things like players being penalized for low relative velocity impacts that should be forgiven, seemingly small track cuts that result in penalties that are too large, nearly identical off-track incidents resulting in different penalty times, and players being penalized for unavoidable contact.
The next update will reduce unnecessary braking by AI overall. This includes cases while the AI attempts to pass, 2 cars wide in corners, at the apex of corners, and on straights.

Splitting the GT division sounds like they were listening. Yay :D

More seriously, if they can make safety ratings slower to change then this update should bring lots of clean drivers together. But it says a lot about their initial matchmaking if an S driver could really be matched with an E driver:

"For example, players with an ‘S’ safety rating should no longer match players with ‘E’ and ‘D’ safety ratings."

Last edited:
T10 splitting the GT divisions sounds exciting to me. So we'll possibly get a Forza GT3, Forza GT4 etc.? This also brings hope that the V8 Supercars will get there own division back, or am I going to far in that thought?

Either way, I'm happy T10 are doing everything they can to bring FM23 to a place that GT7 is currently sitting at (even after all that controversy that game has gotten, which most people have forgotten). Everything else sounds exciting! :D

T10 splitting the GT divisions sounds exciting to me. So we'll possibly get a Forza GT3, Forza GT4 etc.? This also brings hope that the V8 Supercars will get there own division back, or am I going to far in that thought?

Either way, I'm happy T10 are doing everything they can to bring FM23 to a place that GT7 is currently sitting at (even after all that controversy that game has gotten, which most people have forgotten). Everything else sounds exciting! :D
I would bet it's gonna be:
Forza GTE (Chevrolet C8.R, BMW M8 GTE)
Forza GT3 (Mclaren 720S GT3, Audi R8 GT3)
V8 Australian Cars (Nissan Ultima)
Forza GT4 (KTM X-Bow GT4)
Extreme Track Day Toys/Cars (KTM X-Bow GT2, Lamborghini SCV12 Essenza)

I would bet it's gonna be:
Forza GTE (Chevrolet C8.R, BMW M8 GTE)
Forza GT3 (Mclaren 720S GT3, Audi R8 GT3)
V8 Australian Cars (Nissan Ultima)
Forza GT4 (KTM X-Bow GT4)
Extreme Track Day Toys/Cars (KTM X-Bow GT2, Lamborghini SCV12 Essenza)
Ohh, an Extreme Track Day Toys division would be a nice place to shove spec cars like the Lambo Trofeo and 488 Challenge. On the other hand, I don't think it's terribly likely we'll see GTEs and GT3 separated. And let's not forget that we have four, soon to be five TA cars in need of their own division...

I have strange bug where I can't move camera with left stick at all, only can zoom in-out!?

Is this addressed, does it happening to someone else?

View attachment 1352982
IIRC, this bug was exclusive to the Sauber C9 and has been there till FM7.

Given that it is the Indy 500 this month, I expect a bunch of free Indycars that have been in past games (the 2019 Indycars and maybe the 1990 Lola T90/00), and maybe a paid pack comprising of classic Indycars as part of Update 8.

In reality the Lambo Trofeo runs as a GT2 car (more power but less downforce than GT3, roughly 1-2s per lap slower) via a small official factory modification pack. The 488 Challenge was also shoehorned into the GT2 class in ACC even though I don't think there's an official upgrade mod.

Likewise, the official SRO GT1 series as is being raced by gentlemen drivers recently includes the Huayra R, Porsche 935, Lambo Essenza and Ferrari FXX-K Evo. They definitely need to move the Lambo out of the Forza GT field, ideally to a factory race cars category.

Edit: P.S. At the moment, Forza Horizon rates power higher than downforce, so PG actually did some PI tuning (BoP) when adding them to FH5:
  • GT3 cars are homologated to 890 PI
  • GTE cars are homologated to 910 PI (and the Lambo ST and 488 Challenge are both there)
  • GT2 cars are roughly 935 PI (the KTM GT2 and Porsche 935 specifically)

I'd love to see standard homologation/BoP in FM23 too on stock cars rather than via tricks in the multiplayer races. It makes no sense to me how diverse the PI ratings are stock.

Last edited:
IIRC, this bug was exclusive to the Sauber C9 and has been there till FM7.

Given that it is the Indy 500 this month, I expect a bunch of free Indycars that have been in past games (the 2019 Indycars and maybe the 1990 Lola T90/00), and maybe a paid pack comprising of classic Indycars as part of Update 8.
They've always done something with IndyCar in May, so I'm hoping. Of course, the whole MSG fiasco may have thrown a wrench in the works and there may not have been time to work anything out.

And yes, am aware iRacing has a deal with IndyCar, however, it is not exclusive. It's basically the same agreement they had previously when Indy was in basically everything.

They've always done something with IndyCar in May, so I'm hoping. Of course, the whole MSG fiasco may have thrown a wrench in the works and there may not have been time to work anything out.

And yes, am aware iRacing has a deal with IndyCar, however, it is not exclusive. It's basically the same agreement they had previously when Indy was in basically everything.
I would like to see some Indycars return too I actually prefer them over F1 cars except formula 70s, I enjoy those. If my mental is correct theres not one Indy car in this game, just different eras of F1 cars. Would be nice to get some 60s ( watson roadster), 70s ( AJ foyt coyote), early 90s( Lola t90), and 2010s Indys with different aero kits pretty much like we had in FM7 but more of them.

Last edited:
I would like to see some Indycars return too I actually prefer them over F1 cars except formula 70s, I enjoy those. If my mental is correct theres not one Indy car in this game, just different eras of F1 cars. Would be nice to get some 60s ( watson roadster), 70s ( AJ foyt coyote), early 90s( Lola t90), and 2010s Indys with different aero kits pretty much like we had in FM7 but more of them.
Me too. Really enjoyed the vintage ones we've had over the years in FM and other games, would love to have the Hawk back, or the Coyote. Someone on here mentioned a couple of Penske cars turning up in FH5's files somewhere, getting those specific ones would be incredible.

Back