GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 15

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 194 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Aint seen any black and white pics! thought id be different!, competitions tough this week! some really good efforts. like the F1 pic!

The problem with this theme is - you can't actually do the panning technique in GT4. In real life you move the camera with the car.. hence "panning the camera" - but you can't move the camera whilst the car is moving - so you only ever get motion blur. If you notice when doing a photodrive - the wheels look great in the thumbnail because they are spinning, but the standstill nature of the photo you actually take means it invariably never comes out as nicely.

</rant>

I'll give it my best shot - but there have been some awesome entries that. I have to say- I've seen a lot of them around the place before.

its not really a motion blur that they use.. its a wierd-ass radial blur.. like a fish-eye effect with most of thier cameras.. and that sucks.. :irked:

RenesisEvo
The problem with this theme is - you can't actually do the panning technique in GT4. In real life you move the camera with the car.. hence "panning the camera"
Of course you don't. It's a game.

But by default, and when the car is in focus, the camera will follow the car, moving along with it, imitating the panning technique.

RenesisEvo
but you can't move the camera whilst the car is moving - so you only ever get motion blur.
Are you saying that the cars always look blured? If so, just take a look at the pictures here.

And in real life you don't get the the object you're following 100% sharp and focused either.

vr6gti72
Hmmmmmm, here a theme I might be able to work with 💡
I think you will have a big chance to win
all your panning photos are great

Final Entry:

Honorable Mentions:

It was down to the wire between these first two but i chose the other because i was able to get the car in perfect aspect while the background remained blurred. This one though gives much more sense of speed.

This one i really loved, its a beautiul background and wallpaper!

I have taken many more pictures which are all viewable in my gallery thread, just follow the link in my sig. enjoy.

franz
I think you will have a big chance to win
all your panning photos are great

👍 Thanks that means alot.....but Ive been average at best in the photo comps. Im not going to use any of the pics Ive posted in that thread though. ( Even though my best ones are there) Ill start fresh and submit one I havent shown already. I just want to make the final cut. It doesnt matter if I win. :)

FINAL ENTRY

I made this photo for the Drift Photo Competition but didn't entered the comp...somehow I had the feeling it's for something else...
H.Mentions

Ok here we go.This was a really hard choice seeing as I had so many good ones.

Final Entry!!!!

Honorable Mentions

This was one I really wanted to use but I couldn't get enough of the crowd and I couldn't blur it enough so it came out as an honorable mention :indiff:

This was also a nice one but I just couldn't get the feel for the angle.

I also have a sweet shot of the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 but I forgot to turn up the Exposure and it came out really dark :indiff:

Hah, my second time participating! I hope to make it through to the top-20 again! :)
Here's my Final Entry. My favourite drifter ^^ A supercharged AE86 Levin on El Captain.

Honorable Mentions are some other cars:

I don't think these are good, but they are some of the best panning shots. (in a horrible setting imho...)

jmx2222
FINAL ENTRY

I made this photo for the Drift Photo Competition but didn't entered the comp...somehow I had the feeling it's for something else...
H.Mentions

:bowdown: WOW! CLEAN!

Final Entry:

Also-rans:

Probably won't get a chance to take photos this week. Had these ones lying around.

Randymcchickenf- Your first picture is the best.

RacingFreak2k3- That picture is incredible

MachOne- Your first runner up is a better photo than your final entry, but if only it had more blur.

Enough of my comments, go and take some pictures!

Back