GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 21

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 182 comments
PunkRock
It's been going since the mid 80s... hot hatch fans in North America that drive either car wouldn't be caught dead in the other. In some parts, it's not just a rivalry, it's an all out war. Both cars have grown helplessy, gained weight and softened out, but nevertheless, both camps are still going strong. Both have serious enthusiasts and total retards, and both have strong aftermarket presence.

VW Sucks. :P

Final entry

haha, thats the same idea i had, except im an all out VW guy. 👍 nice pic.

i finally got imageshack to work... bora and an integra R.

FINAL ENTRY

Preview

img0046smmammmamla8jr.jpg

Are time Restricted Rivalries allowed?For instance...1969 Camaro SS .vs. 2000 Camaro SS?

If so,Im going to have a HELL of a time choosing my final...i have so many great pictures.

No they are not. Have you ever seen a rivalry between two cars of the same manufacturer? ;)

Actually yes, you should specify what kind of rivalry. Especially because it has a lot to do with some of my shots that I'm considering. In the lower classes of the japan series there are many Hondas that rival each other but they are different teams, ie. Spoon and Gathers Drider.

Slick6
No they are not. Have you ever seen a rivalry between two cars of the same manufacturer? ;)

Yes.

I think it shows a Rivalry between the old and the new,persay...

Now i wont get to show my gravity defying Camaros as my Final...*sigh*

Anyways..

FINAL ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorable Mentions...

Comments welcome...constructive criticism only please...

treefingers
How bout this german battle.

Audi A3 3.2 quattro '03 246/HP 1495 kg 4WD
Volkswagon Golf IV R32 '03 237/HP 1460 kg 4WD

Nice pic treefingers, that would be an excellent matchup for sure. I think I would have to bet on the R32 because of the weight difference and I'm pretty sure the VW's torque and gear ratios would help.

Well, I know of one great modern day rivalry in America, Viper vs. Corvette. It's even in Forza!

FINAL ENTRY!

Hey Slick, let me know if the border is going to be so much as to keep you from picking my entry for the top 20. Thanks.:)

I don't look at the border, I'll decipher the picture. ;)

As for the preview image, just save a 300 pixel by 400 pixel preview image from your largest version, then upload that image on imageshack and use the full image code, then you can link that to your larger version.

Slick6
I don't look at the border, I'll decipher the picture. ;)

As for the preview image, just save a 300 pixel by 400 pixel preview image from your largest version, then upload that image on imageshack and use the full image code, then you can link that to your larger version.

OK... I'll try it again...

Edit: I was doing it right, just choosing the wrong code!

hmm im thinking it would be good if i could get
rx7 v gtr v nsx v evo v supra
or a combination of those 5

But shouldn't the Z4 be against the SLK? Similarly sized, similar power and all.

FINAL ENTRY

This is subject to change, it's certainly the rivalry I'm going for though 👍

Oh sweet. . . the competition finishes on my Birthday :dunce:

Cool theme again. I need to find a way how to Put a FPV and a Holden in the same shot together. 💡 This may take a while!

MisterWeary
FINAL ENTRY

This is subject to change, it's certainly the rivalry I'm going for though 👍

Nice shot, but I don't think the Delta & the 205 are really rivals, they were not in the same category : the 205 T16 were in the group B, as the Renault 5 Turbo, the Delta S4 & the Ford RS200; this Lancia Delta was a Group A rally car as her big rival, the Toyota Celica.

PunkRock
But shouldn't the Z4 be against the SLK? Similarly sized, similar power and all.

honesly i always thought the Boxter was the natural rival to the Z4.
either that or the s2000... hell all 3 of those cars have been fighting for the same slice of the market for years now...

speedy_samurai
i contemplated the R8/Pescarolo rivalry as well but knew I would not be alone. Great pic too!

Same here.I was thinking "Hmm....R8 .vs. Peskie...classic!"

then I thought..."Let's be original,here."

Back