GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 21

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 182 comments
Aw man.....with alphas & franz entry....I better rethink my entry :nervous: Nice entrys guys 👍

Hey Slick....my entry qualifys right? :confused:

vr6gti72, yes that seems like a valid entry.

ismo, please edit your post and remove your picture. Then you may choose an alternate. Warning #1

I have decided to keep a list of all members issued warnings. These may be for breaking the rules or being rude. Three warnings result in a 2 week suspension or other period of time depending on severity of offense. I will not hesitate to give these out.

RenesisEvo, you will also receive one. Please refrain from making such outbursts. Some maynot find it offensive some may. Some people just don't know some things, but yelling sure doesn't help.

Oooo, I just noticed when looking back. Slick will need to clarify this of course. But Racingfreak2k3 has 3 cars in his photo, and the theme clarification seems to state that there should be only 2 cars in the photo.

I have changed the number of warnings that can be received to three.

RacingFreak2k3, please edit your post and remove your picture. Then you may choose an alternate. Warning #1

Slick6
I have changed the number of warnings that can be received to three.

RacingFreak2k3, please edit your post and remove your picture. Then you may choose an alternate. Warning #1

If you don't mind me asking, what would be the reason? Don't see what i did.

**EDIT: Woops, i didn't see the 2 subjects part of the rules....my fault. Would i be able to crop it and have it be alright?

**EDIT 2: Picture has been cropped if that is fine. Thanks for letting me know about my picture problem.

I'm not too good on actual rivalries, is my Peugeot vs Lancia shot valid?

I didnt like the way some parts of my photo had pixelated, so I took a few more shoots. And now have 2 photos I like. This is getting confusing now. I removed my preview image as well so as not to get in trouble. I am going to use them as my desktop at work for a few days each and see which one doesnt try and kill me first. Go here to have a look at both of my pics. It was a real trial to get the 2 aussie cars in the same race.

Apologies for the outburst... I just find it hard to believe someone would agree with my earlier post on the subject.. and then directly contradict themselves. Hopefully they did by accident.

Am I still allowed to enter this week??

Swissbear
In my feeble opion, the Opel doesn't have a rival in the game because there aren't any other DTM cars from the same year. However, the closest that anything comes to being a rival to the Opel is the Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI.

The Audi TT-R?? that's from a similar year to the Phoenix-liveried car.

Very nice pictures so far this week 👍 I like Mopar's best.
A bit dissapointe nobody posted up some JGTC pictures yet :)

RenesisEvo
ITS NOT LE MANS!!!!!!!! :ouch: you even said so yourself a few posts before....

BMW M3 GTR NEVER RACED AT LE MANS. NEVER.

End of story.

It is LeMans....the American LeMans Series. It never raced in the 24 Hours of LeMans meaning at LeSarthe. Sorry for the confusion.

RenesisEvo
The Audi TT-R?? that's from a similar year to the Phoenix-liveried car.

I was reffering to the Opel Calibra that was in the submitted picture.

Opel Calibra is from 1994 and the Astra (Pheonix) is from 2000. The only other DTM car from 2000 is the Mercedes CLK. The Audi TT is from 2002 and the A4 is from 2004. The Alfa DTM car is from 1993. And the Mercedes 190 is from 1992. There isn't a BMW DTM car in the game. And those are the only manufacturers that are or were in the DTM. So as far as a DTM rivalry, there's not a whole lot to choose from. Yes, all these cars are and have been rivals through the years but, I guess it would be up to Slick to decide if he'll let a combination of any of these cars be eligible. The closest real life rivalry that I can see would be the Opel Astra and the Mercedes CLK. Both are DTM cars and from the same year. Just my 3 cents worth.

Swissbear
There isn't a BMW DTM car in the game.

what was that M3 touring car with all the german on the side of it in?
(not the m3 gtr race car... the m3 touring for sale in the bmw lot)

Dr_Watson
what was that M3 touring car with all the german on the side of it in?
(not the m3 gtr race car... the m3 touring for sale in the bmw lot)

Yes, it's listed as a touring car but it's not a DTM touring car. They have lesser classes of touring cars in Europe (kinda like the Busch series in NASCAR) and I think the car your talking about (the white 320i touring car it's not an M3) would fall into that catagory.

JettaZoom
Yeah, but what exactly is the rivalry?

True...it would kinda be like a lexus vs. Toyota...but thats not for me to decide.
Its a great pic though...but you have a point. :crazy:

Cosmic
Very nice pictures so far this week 👍 I like Mopar's best.
A bit dissapointe nobody posted up some JGTC pictures yet :)

Thanks Man! :) Glad somebody finaly said something about it! I was begining to think that it was'nt showing up on anyone else's screen!

Back