GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 23

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 214 comments
Well it's not too much focusing on the exhaust pipes but I guess it's ok. You'll have to check with Slick.

//. /. '/
Um I beleive those are the intake pipes not exhaust, just want you to have a valid entry

Speedy, learn Photomode before you comment

my concern was with the two cars in the same frame. Usually the multiple car pics are done with photoshop layering. How did these two cars get in this pic?

//. /. '/
Um I beleive those are the intake pipes not exhaust, just want you to have a valid entry

I appreciate your concern //. /. '/ but the fact is that those are the exhaust pipes. Auto Union used their current F1 car of 1937 to hang the streamlined aluminum on. The Type C Grand Prix car of 1937 had the exhaust headers curl out from under the cylinder heads at 180 degrees (or so) and exit the bodywork up and out without being routed through pipes as the other Grand Prix cars at the time. The main reason for this was that the engine was behind the driver and the exhaust gases being inhaled by the driver were of no concern unlike the front engined cars which needed to route the exhaust behind the driver.

When Auto Union streamlined the Type C (V16) the engine and chassis configuration weren't changed just the bodywork. The cars were never raced. After the death of Bernd Rosemeyer during a speed test at Avus (I think) the streamlined Type C was halted.

Below is a picture of the unstreamlined Type C and a "cut-away" of a Type D (V12) showing the exhaust pipes exiting the bodywork right in front of the rear wheels.

And if those were intakes, there better be a screen over the openings or there's gonna be a lot of dirt and maybe even a bird or two sucked in to those 16 cylinders. :lol: :cheers:

speedy_samurai
my concern was with the two cars in the same frame. Usually the multiple car pics are done with photoshop layering. How did these two cars get in this pic?
I could be wrong, but my guess is that he was driving one of the Zondas in reverse, while the computer drove the other one.

EVO Lancer
Very nice photos this week!

Yes indeed! Too many to mention one by one. IMO the quality of this competition is getting (even) better all the time. I (as others) do my best to improve but some guys just push the limit further and further. And that's the purpose of all this of course. 👍

Zubicar
Very nice photos atlop & vr6!

Thanx! Trying hard to keep up. :dopey:

good going swiss! :)
and I believe Bernd Rosemeyer was on the Autobaun, where I don't know

I think Evo could have been driving backwards on the course and the computer could have passed him

atlop
IMO the quality of this competition is getting (even) better all the time. I (as others) do my best to improve but some guys just push the limit further and further. And that's the purpose of all this of course.
Yes,the quality of the pics does keep getting better. Which brings me to my next point. Im thinking about trying to start a new comp this weekend, and i if people actually like it, i believe that the quality of the pics will be even greater. After seeing what usually happens when someone tries to start a new comp, i cant expect too much though.

lontra
FINAL ENTRY

Good luck to all!

Too bad your quality is not on Super Fine. You should try to capture the same pic with your settings on Super Fine, because that's a decent looking shot!

Even though I am not going to place an entry this week, I would still like to post a few Exhaust shots that I have taken of my NSX Type S.

A few of them have a few little extra touches done in photoshop, but nothing major at all. But here is just a taste at what I love taking pics of!👍

Nic pic Oliver 👍

I had trouble reading your signature though, you may want to try a bigger font ;)

MisterWeary
Nic pic Oliver 👍

I had trouble reading your signature though, you may want to try a bigger font ;)

What signature...? ;)

That's a very cool shot, Oliver.

Here's my entry

FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW:
pre1ws.jpg

speedy_samurai
I would say there is some serious photoshopping done to this image.
speedy_samurai
Speedy Samurai, Ihave not photoshopped this picture with the exception of lowering the brightness a bit and upping the contrast.
Thirdeye
I could be wrong, but my guess is that he was driving one of the Zondas in reverse, while the computer drove the other one.
//./.'/
I think Evo could have been driving backwards on the course and the computer could have passed him
That is indeed how I got the two cars. I had the idea of two Zondas in one shot and deliberately drove backwards to achieve this shop.

^ that is a reall dark photo, i can JUST make out the shape from the thumbnail.

440 CHARGER
Too bad your quality is not on Super Fine. You should try to capture the same pic with your settings on Super Fine, because that's a decent looking shot!

hello!yes it is in super fine!i can t have more quality in the pictures!that is the best i cant take.thanks for the comments!

treefingers
Im thinking about trying to start a new comp this weekend, and i if people actually like it, i believe that the quality of the pics will be even greater. After seeing what usually happens when someone tries to start a new comp, i cant expect too much though.
As long as I don't have to be a Photoshop guru, I'm in. ;)

EVO Lancer
Speedy Samurai, Ihave not photoshopped this picture with the exception of lowering the brightness a bit and upping the contrast.

That is indeed how I got the two cars. I had the idea of two Zondas in one shot and deliberately drove backwards to achieve this shop.

My apologies to everyone and especially to you, EVO lancer. I did not mean to cause unrest.

^ Very artistic ... I like that 👍
nice reflection on the chrome as well

Back