GT5 Music Wishlist

• Thread starter CARLOVER96
  • 327 comments
A couple of years away mate, thats all, I don't know most of them either. I want them to includ ther ability to add your on songs, thats all.

"hallelujah" they'll all be dead when they hit the ground, I'll have all the women to myself.

If you want a quick, upbeat tempo, but still want to listen to REAL music, there's plenty of Queen to go around.

You know what I was thinking? If it is true what I've heard about the PlayStation 3, we may be able to import our own music onto the console and make our own soundtrack, that is, if GT5's soundtrack turns out to be garbage. Do you think this could be possible with choosing music for the next GT?

Include all of the Japanese soundtracks, as well as all of the European and American soundtracks from all the versions of GT.

Personally, I despize rap, hiphop and metal, but rock and ambient techno will always work well to sweeten a replay. But heck, include something for everyone, and since there's a hard drive, let me install my own tracks. I'd love to do some of my own music for GT5 so people could ask, "Where'd that come from? Never heard that tune before." :sly:

Edit: And darn if Jon above me didn't say that very thing! Oh well, great minds and all, right?

I'd like to see music From:
BT - Especially:bowdown: flaming June, his ESCM album is amazing.
Way Out West - whatever style it is prog:trance house breaks, it never gets tired. Wonderful music.
Hybrid's Wide Angle album, can't get enough of those violins!

Also some real trance, not radio cheese, some psy from astral projection, astrix etc.

I expect we will be able to put music onto HDD anyway so this shouldn't be a problem. I am also hoping thatwe can adjust sound levels during a race so that you can easily get the correct balance between music and engine noise.

In GT4 i usually have Music coming from PC's 5.1 either a CD or DJ set MP3 and GT4 turned up real loud through the Aux on my stereo. It wouldn't kill me if i had to carry on doing this but when it's late and i have to put headphones on it's a case of one or the other

I hear alot of talk about being able to put the music on the hd. will the ps3 have a hd included. i know currently with my ps2 i cannot hve a hd put in. i got the second gen ps2.

I agree with who ever said that having custom music for the replays. i also hope there will be more control over the replay.

I'd like to be able to put my own music on the HD and choose the track listing for the game. If not, I want GT5 to have a soundtrack that doesn't gve me a headache after listening to it for 5 minutes.

5 albums come to mind...

Led Zeppelin 4 (really really loud)... no wonder Cadillac grabbed it.

Pretenders 1 & 2 ( By... yes... The Pretenders)

The Repo Man Soundtrack (the whole thing... ya gotta love Iggy, et al.)

This is Big Audio Dynamite by BAD (Big Audio Dynamite)

and yes, I know they're old school. And I like to play 'em loud.

Toad

No music at all. I always switch off the music (even menu music), if I want music I listen to the radio or a nice cd!! :dopey:

Well you know, with the PS3 having a hard drive, that sort of defeats the purpose of asking on what we'd prefer as music. To me, if GT5's music ends up being as disappointing as most of GT2's music, then we can probably burn MP3 files from CDs we own. So if you want to race with Bob Marley, Led Zepplin, Ludacris, Black Eyed Peas, Andrea Bocacelli, Insane Clown Posse, or whatever, you can. So no matter how you look at it, this is win-win for all of us.

I'll hand the XBOX credit. The idea of a hard drive for a console is pretty revolutionary. You don't have to spend money on 20 or 30 dollar Memory Cards because all the space you need for your games is contained in a hard drive. And it's nice to see the PS3 and such implement this.

So basically, it seems like you can make your own soundtrack. Any kind of music you like, you can use in this game, and probably others too. It's a nice deal if you ask me. Because if no one likes my choices, I'll be happy to have my own soundtrack that I can be personally happy about. Of course, I'd be interested to see what GT5 may have lined up for music, however. Once again, it looks like win-win for Gran Turismo fans.

There seems to be a lot of flame war about what kind of music GT5 or Vision GT should have. There is one thing though that I think is lacking with the GT series that would be really nice to have which is more music, BUT have the music categorized and have a setting which allowed the gamer to select the kind of music they want to listen to rather than having to go through and select/de-select the tracks (I found that really annoying).

The way everyone's reacting to the HDD in the PS3, they may as well just make it for the PC. That's what these 'consoles' are becoming the days...:dopey:

enough of the blasphemy though,
I do agree with everyone with the reintroduction of the good music from the previous GT games, maybe the manufacturers could have some input for the dealer music. ie. from commercials or something.

well there's my stoopid thought for the day:dunce:

For the past 3 Gran Turismo's and now Gran Turismo 4, too, I have had the music OFF

All the music sucks...I'm the type that likes the "poppy" and more punk-ish or punk rock kind of music like Linkin Park, or some other music like Thrice, Strung Out or some old punk music...

Of course, I probably would still have my music off most of the time :) I like Screaming Engines, Loud Turbo, and screeching tires, with no loud crashes(hitting walls):D

:bowdown:L28eT

It's so funny to see people atibute driving skills to style of music being jamed, silly hatters... :yuck: It would be nice to see all of the songs from the old GT's, but i hope whom ever picks the songs does a better job of getting good music from unexpected places. all 4 of the old soundtracks felt like they went for the safe pop & mainstreem crowd('sides Snoop Doggy's Turismo 3 :sly: ) Speaking of, I felt that it was a step in the right direction for Snoop to write(or freestyle) a brand new song for gt (hate it or love it, it was an alright rap) Instead of geting a colection of songs eveyone has heard 400 times on the radio, more original songs would be a better fit. Besides we're all gonna just listen to what we have downloaded any way.

💡
Techno (djMicro)
House (BadBoyBill)
Drum-n-Bass
2-pac
Raps about cars& drivin'(ridein' music)
Nirvana
soundgarden
audio slave
& some more clasical(didn't like it till i heard it on 4 but it makes my raceing line faster)
DJ Screw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(W/More slabs and who-doos to drive with)

Kelly Osbourne's got some nice music on her latest CD, "Sleeping In The Nothing". I'd like the song "Suburbia" by her in GT5; it's the best song I've heard this year, by far.

I don't listen to any BGM either. I like hearing the sound effects, but GT's sound effects sound little weak IMO, so I'd like PD to work on that.

Not to be mean or anything, but if you don't want to hear music, why bother responding to the thread? :yuck: I seriously doubt PD are going to be all "Wow, there are a bunch of people who don't wana hear music while they're racing!" then someone else at PD is gona be "Well, they can turn it off if they want to." Then the other guy is gona be like, "No no, these people are right, you shouldn't have any kind of music while you're racing, get rid of it!" and then... well, you get the point.

Anyhow, I dunno where you come from, but where I'm from your speed coincides roughly with the decibel output level of your stereo. :sly:

DeadlyFred
Not to be mean or anything, but if you don't want to hear music, why bother responding to the thread? :yuck: I seriously doubt PD are going to be all "Wow, there are a bunch of people who don't wana hear music while they're racing!" then someone else at PD is gona be "Well, they can turn it off if they want to." Then the other guy is gona be like, "No no, these people are right, you shouldn't have any kind of music while you're racing, get rid of it!" and then... well, you get the point.

Anyhow, I dunno where you come from, but where I'm from your speed coincides roughly with the decibel output level of your stereo. :sly:
No, I don't get the point at all. Are you upset because I said I don't listen to the music in the GT games? Well, I am very sorry and let me get on topic. I'd like blur and the Killers music in the next GT. There you go. :)

Back