GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,503 comments
Anyone else soaking up the Gr3s at Spa? Finally a week where I can run my favourite car/track combo again. The recent BOP update seemed to help the R8 a ton. My DR has never been in a higher place (ha!)

Anyways, this weeks race B has been a blast and I don't understand the hate towards the combo.
Yep, absolutely loving it! Spa, Brands Hatch, Suzuka, Watkins Glen, those are the type of tracks I enjoy the most, and Gr3 cars do have a good balance of speed and controllability, for decent racing. The race could do with being a couple of laps longer but, I’ll make the most of this week while I can.
I’ve been racing my sacrificial Alt account so far this week and driving well. I’m worried when I switch to my main account, the pressure will get to me and I’ll drive like a chimp wearing mittens and a blindfold! 😂

Defending your position is supposed to be non-contact, right? Here's 17 seconds showing a, ahem, different way of doing it:

There must be a way PD can identify this type of behaviour from driver inputs. Sudden movements like that on a straight should be easy to spot by whatever algorithm is being used for issuing penalties in race.

A few things I want to throw out there

How does everyone use ghosts? I have mine .2 or .3 if I can catch them in the first corner I move it out. I don't reset for sectors and personally get a lot of value out of them. They show me what the differential is at the finish line visually.

I do lots of QT laps usually for 2 reasons: I'm racing a specific friend and to be fair he is dragging me forward time wise. Secondly track familiarity. It's easier to drive with awareness when you know the track layout inside out. What the corner exits look like, where the escape roads are etc

Lastly there is a reason drivers hate practice session bans, they want to drive and that's what helps you improve just doing sessions. But the question is how much QT is enough?
I don't use ghosts as I found it very distracting. But instead I study the replays of Top 100 Global Leaderboard, better if the guy is in the same car as you are (Not always possible in non-Metas). Focus on their shift points (Whether ot shift up to 6th at the end of straights, whether to down shift to increase rotation in corner), braking points and turn-in points (First hairpin on Spa).

QT wise, I would spend as much time as possible to be gridded mid-field at least as that is the lowest grid position that I can even think of a good result on rolling starts unless something massive happens in front (Unlikely in A+/A lobbies). If I struggle to do that (Deep Forest Gr.4 Last week) I would just switch to another Daily - no point being the punch bag of people in Metas at the tail end of the grid.

2) Learn how to drive the track by instinct (more or less), so I make fewer mistakes when there's a lot of distractions around (i.e. traffic). In other words, I know my braking zones and lines. Spa is tough because the 1st turn, and the bus stop chicane are so exacting.
and this. QT also serve as a practice session for rolling start T1 braking points and pit entry for me.
Exactly!

Also, I had some time to think about your offer below and I made a decision:

"How much do you want me to beat it by tomorrow? I'll let you decide ;)"

I challenge you to improve your own time by at least 0.316 seconds. Why such a precise number you ask? Well... I like Math 🤣

Also, wow @AdxRE btw 🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 1347254
Thanks man and I can only hope I can replicate that kind of lap in Race!

For the GTR '18, this Japanese guy held Top 1 in Global leaderboard (2:15.0) as of Monday and shared his setup and lap below. I haven't tried it but maybe it can be a good reference.

Anyone else soaking up the Gr3s at Spa? Finally a week where I can run my favourite car/track combo again. The recent BOP update seemed to help the R8 a ton. My DR has never been in a higher place (ha!)

Anyways, this weeks race B has been a blast and I don't understand the hate towards the combo.
The R8 was good in the last Daily C (20 laps Dynamics weather race 2 weeks ago) and @GOTMAXPOWER was flying in it. I would imagine it would be equally good this week. The hate mainly comes for the short race length/lap count I think.

Have a look here:

Thanks @newmedia_dev for that. I tried to impose the settings for the G70 onto my ©️UglyAlfa. The suspension did nothing for me (felt differently, but same laptimes), but the diff settings felt quite good. Better corner exits, a bit more stable through the sausage chicane. Got me almost two tenths:

IMG_4406.jpeg

Still my favourite "Gr4" car. It likes to be grabbed by the horns and thrown around the track (yes, I'm repeating myself 😇), so it fits my, err... rather inconsistent driving style. 😆

Last edited:
The hate mainly comes for the short race length/lap count I think.
I hate it for a few reasons, the length doesn't really bother me on its own but since it's got that stupid rolling start that spreads everyone out it's unlikely you'll get into any actual battles before it ends.

Then there is tuning which doesn't belong in sport mode, PD spend all that time farting about with BoP to get cars pretty even then allow them to race with totally different settings. I don't understand why DR is on for those races but off for A where everybody is driving with the same.

I'm currently mid-A/S rated, I actually only started with the daily races seriously 2 weeks ago, went from low B to mid A within lets say 15-20 races, only have ~50 races done on this account, and now I think I hit my limit :D The main issue is that the game always puts me in a lobby where there are at least 5-6 A+ aliens, and other drivers are also amazing, so the only thing I can do is grind the hell out of the Q time and hope for the best in the race :D

And I had one amazing race last night, maybe my best one so far, yes I finished 5th but the fights were amazing and clean in the first 6 laps, later on I was just doing my finishing stint more or less on my own, beign followed closely by 3 or 4 cars but never under 1 second so the race pace was very good for this level I think, I was doing 38.5s almost every lap.

1713342050842.jpg

There is a full replay but I think only the first 5-6 laps are worth watching, later on from lap 7 I was alone :D

And I'm looking forward to at least one A/S only lobby, if that ever happens :D

Last edited:
Then there is tuning which doesn't belong in sport mode, PD spend all that time farting about with BoP to get cars pretty even then allow them to race with totally different settings. I don't understand why DR is on for those races but off for A where everybody is driving with the same.
I was surprised after my self-imposed absence from GT7 by the fact that there is tuning now in daily races. I'm with you here, I'd like to have everyone evened out by BOP (and I suck at tuning🙃). At least I got some help right here, so I'll try to make the best out of it.

Can someone please enlighten us all by trying to explain why PD think it's a good idea to put one group, DR-C SR-S rated drivers, in with DR-B SR-B/C/D rated drivers. The driving and quality of the race is just shocking. In fact, it's just a **** show from start to finish.

What's even worse is if you see you're in with 10 or 12 of the dirties drivers around, you can't quite or your rating will get penalised. Well done PD - way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please enlighten us all by trying to explain why PD think it's a good idea to put one group, DR-C SR-S rated drivers, in with DR-B SR-B/C/D rated drivers. The driving and quality of the race is just shocking. In fact, it's just a **** show from start to finish.

What's even worse is if you see you're in with 10 or 12 of the dirties drivers around, you can't quite or your rating will get penalised. Well done PD - way to go.
I suspect ( but have no evidence to support this) that drivers are ranked for lobbies by adding your DR value and SR Value. Hence when you get near the top of DR-C with SR-S your combined value is similar to low DR-B/SR-B drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect ( but have no evidence to support this) that drivers are ranked for lobbies by adding your DR value and SR Value. Hence when you get near the top of DR-C with SR-S your combined value is similar to low DR-B/SR-B drivers.
Interesting. Hadn't thought of that... makes logical sense.

This week is weird lol.... I'm quite happy with my latest lap time (2:17:0) for Spa Race B but overall, a bit shocked that my best effort is a whole 2 seconds slower than the current #1 😲 I know I can improve, but no way in hell to that extent!

I guess the overall capabilities of drivers is much closer this time over 1 lap - completely ignoring driving etiquette during the actual races... I'm comfortably in the Top 700 but there is a massive gap from Top 50 to the rest of the field. Really puzzled as I cannot see any "major" errors in my lap or exit speeds, at least not to the extent of being so far off the top...

1713364239211.jpeg
1713364245789.jpeg

Last edited:
This week is weird lol.... I'm quite happy with my latest lap time (2:17:0) for Spa Race B but overall, a bit shocked that my best effort is a whole 2 seconds slower than the current #1 😲 I know I can improve, but no way in hell to that extent!

I guess the overall capabilities of drivers is much closer this time over 1 lap - completely ignoring driving etiquette during the actual races... I'm comfortably in the Top 700 but there is a massive gap from Top 50 to the rest of the field. Really puzzled as I cannot see any "major" errors in my lap or exit speeds, at least not to the extent of being so far off the top...

View attachment 1347402 View attachment 1347403

Same here, and I'm still over a second slower than you...😬

So, at that point does it become car selection and grip and potentially where on the track a particular car may be better suited?

Last edited:
Huh. I was completely oblivious that there was tuning in Gr.3 this week. (I hate tuning) I've just been running the stock R8 and having a blast.

I recall running a GTR tune that I copied of the interwebs at laguna seca a while back that did actually make a difference for me. Still, I'm likely to just stick with the stock R8.

@A_Higher_Place - I know you love the R8 (!), are you running a tune? You don't have to share, just curious....

So, at that point does it become car selection and grip and potentially where on the track a particular car may be better suited?
Usually yes (I don't generally drive the meta car, prefer to do my own thing) but this time round, I am driving the same car as P1 so it's not really the case, at least, I think.

Another opinion I have, which is not an excuse but observation, is also depends what rig the others are running. I am very happy with my DD Pro (8nm torque) and F-GT rig BUT I am missing something which I think is critical in my setup - the loadcell..

Not expecting to gain 5 seconds lol but I did try my friend's setup (same as mine + LC) and I was generally much more confident with my braking points. Didn't really compare times as his wheel settings are different than mine but in terms of nailing where to brake and sometimes, a few meters later I think would make a massive difference overall, with practice of course!

One day..

The real problem is, how do you maintain an S rating when you are consistently wrecking cars intentionally.
Also, it seems to me that there are certain times of the day when races are much worse.

Huh. I was completely oblivious that there was tuning in Gr.3 this week. (I hate tuning) I've just been running the stock R8 and having a blast.

I recall running a GTR tune that I copied of the interwebs at laguna seca a while back that did actually make a difference for me. Still, I'm likely to just stick with the stock R8.

@A_Higher_Place - I know you love the R8 (!), are you running a tune? You don't have to share, just curious....
Stock tune here. I'm as oblivious as you. May tinker now..

Thanks for sharing your lap!
I made a similar time (2:17:1) with an optimal of 2:16:8

I compared my lap against some of the aliens ghost on the same car (GT-R 18) to discover they were pulling away from me on blanchimont and I believe you are commiting the same "mistake" that I am.
Turn 16 its completely flatout with the proper entry angle.
I know its a bit scary because if you bite some of the green kerb its over.

You are lifting at the entry of that turn (as I am) compromising the exit speed
I think you can gain at least 2.5 or 3 tenths there.

EDIT: fixed the laptime record (1:17:1 instead of 2:17:1 would be something suspicious)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your lap!
I made a similar time (2:17:1) with an optimal of 2:16:8

I compared my lap against some of the aliens ghost on the same car (GT-R 18) to discover they were pulling away from me on blanchimont and I believe you are commiting the same "mistake" that I am.
Turn 16 its completely flatout with the proper entry angle.
I know its a bit scary because if you bite some of the green kerb its over.

You are lifting at the entry of that turn (as I am) compromising the exit speed
I think you can gain at least 2.5 or 3 tenths there.

EDIT: fixed the laptime record (1:17:1 instead of 2:17:1 would be something suspicious)
Yeah I noticed now that I lose most of my time there, though in my head I am thinking "I am within my best lap time, if I risk and ruin the time so far ahead in the lap, I will be furious at myself" 🤣

And on a separate note, I just cannot figure out my bad luck on Main Account.

Did a race, starting in P3 and I overtake P2 cleanly on T1, Lap 1. Only for him to purposely swipe at my rear tire, spin me around and I drop to P9 and manage to finish in P5. He finished P2 after taking out 2 others with no penalty served....

I hop into 2nd account, quickly set a 2:17:3 and start in P2, with the same dirty scum ahead of me in P1. I take a deep breathe, expecting another scummy set of events...

This time however, I go past him on Lap 2 and he had plenty of opportunities to take me out on Lap 3, but didn't..... He slightly tapped me as I went past, which possibly ruined my clean bonus but that's it! Ended up gapping everyone behind me by around 6s and setting the fastest lap as well.. He even said "Well done" in the lobby after the race ended?!?! What the.... ??

1713370294898.jpeg

1713370284534.jpeg

The more fixed the target gets...

As a hunter you want to know the speed, direction and place the prey is most comfortable then and only then when you know what they are capable of do you plan, practice and conquer said racing beast!
But if you leave it too long, you hunt nothing as the beast migrates somewhere else 🤣

I'm beyond furious!

Aside from 1 race, the other 4 have been a depressing mess! Every single time, at least once a lap, you get donkeys and dirty scum ramming you, shoving you off, push-passing you and your race is gone!

I have had P2, P3, P3, P4 and P4 starts which ended up with me finishing P16, P1, P15, P13 and P11 and it wasn't because of my mistakes?!

When are PD going to wake the hell up and perma-ban these donkeys?! How the hell can someone ram into another car at 120mph into a corner and still finish the race with an S-rated SR??? These things should at minimum drop you down by 2 or 3 scales, if not banned? Can't be more obvious that this?! Everyone in the lobby finished and started with the same S rating for SR, after all this crap?!?! Shameful!

Here is the latest and probably my last race of the week on main account. Sickening.... After almost 1 lap completed, I thought this race might actually be fun but nope! And I was collected another 3 times in the remaining 3 laps as well.... Oh and icing on the cake, I lost a lot of DR and obviously the clean bonus as well !!!!

1713391523880.jpeg
1713391530415.jpeg

Last edited:
... heres a new one, I got punted hard and passed on Stavelot by a 458 Italia on the last lap. He stopped in the penalty zone and I passed him back but, he didnt have a penalty flag... I looked at the replay and Im pretty sure he pulled over to let me pass, then raced me to the line.
Kudos to Thunder7K
Restores my faith in man-kind.

I'm beyond furious!

Aside from 1 race, the other 4 have been a depressing mess! Every single time, at least once a lap, you get donkeys and dirty scum ramming you, shoving you off, push-passing you and your race is gone!

I have had P2, P3, P3, P4 and P4 starts which ended up with me finishing P16, P1, P15, P13 and P11 and it wasn't because of my mistakes?!

When are PD going to wake the hell up and perma-ban these donkeys?! How the hell can someone ram into another car at 120mph into a corner and still finish the race with an S-rated SR??? These things should at minimum drop you down by 2 or 3 scales, if not banned? Can't be more obvious that this?! Everyone in the lobby finished and started with the same S rating for SR, after all this crap?!?! Shameful!

Here is the latest and probably my last race of the week on main account. Sickening.... After almost 1 lap completed, I thought this race might actually be fun but nope! And I was collected another 3 times in the remaining 3 laps as well.... Oh and icing on the cake, I lost a lot of DR and obviously the clean bonus as well !!!!

View attachment 1347546 View attachment 1347547

So, I spend most of my races trying to race clean so as to boost my SR. Im currently an S.
If the racing is no cleaner in and A/S lobby, then you have to ask, what's the point if they are bad everywhere?

Last edited:
So, I spend most of my races trying to race clean so as to boost my SR. Im currently an S.
If the racing is no cleaner in and A/S lobby, then you have to ask, what's the point if they are bad everywhere?
I honestly think there's a difference between a full S rank vs literally any other S. Got rear-ended at Spa and pushed into the back of someone and my SR dropped slightly. Next couple lobbies were full of the dirtiest racers I've seen all week.

I honestly think there's a difference between a full S rank vs literally any other S. Got rear-ended at Spa and pushed into the back of someone and my SR dropped slightly. Next couple lobbies were full of the dirtiest racers I've seen all week.
The split in SR is at 90/half bar, SR S starts at 80, and goes to 100 SR. So the naughty lobby is once you’re under half bar of SR, or SR 90. Staying above that gives you your best chance of cleaner races.

lobbies are ranked by SR first, then by DR, but the DR isn’t quite ranked proper numerically. Don’t gets a bit screwy at DR B and under. Keeping your SR above half the bar/90 SR will keep you in the best lobbies that your DR will allow for, and theoretically the cleanest lobbies at that time as well.

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

Last edited:
If anyone is racing the R.S.01 at Spa, I've found, for me, that BB -5 is a substantial improvement over any other BB I've tried. YMMV.

I've had a couple of pretty clean races at Spa, including going side-by-side through Eau Rouge in one race, and Les Fagnes in another. Both times the guy behind caught up because of a mistake I made, and I was cool about it and so were they. Very nice, indeed.

However, this last race, I was P3 and the two guys in front tried to go side-by-side through Eau Rouge on Lap 1, and it didn't turn out so well for either of them. I had to slow down to avoid collisions (I ended up with a .5 second penalty which had no impact on my race, fortunately), and by the time we were up to Les Combes, I was still P3, with new P1 & P2. So I suspect the original P1 and P2 didn't consider it a clean race, but it was for me!

Now that I've learned more about Spa in these cars & tires, it's kinda fun.

Every single time, at least once a lap, you get donkeys and dirty scum ramming you, shoving you off, push-passing you and your race is gone!
That totally sucks.
Here is the latest and probably my last race of the week on main account. Sickening....
You should put an advisory on that video, because it made me want to barf!
Kudos to Thunder7K
Restores my faith in man-kind.
I had the same feelings in my two races today. Not everyone is a jerk. The guy who waited for you is a real gem, so yes, kudos to him for sure!

I'm beyond furious!

View attachment 1347546 View attachment 1347547

Sorry to see that. What a bunch of morons.

And there we have it. The reasons why I stopped participating in actual daily races and why I might not start again after all...🤬

Back