GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,563 comments
Heck, I remember a race you and I had at Barcelona, like... a long time ago. Multiple laps where we weren't separated by much more than this! Good stuff.

35cd64afba4564b701bb41ea6769a671_photo.webp

I remember that race too and the comments that we made here about it.
That was a really good one and in that case I couldnt mantain my position till the end.

Hope to meet each other on track again!

I’ll bet you $100 USD right now, that Qually time has absolutely nothing to do with matchmaking, other then grid ordering once assigned to a lobby.
Should I point out that I've literally entered thousands of top-split daily races with no Q time, at all? :lol:
Oh, and also when I was goofing around and set a Q time of more than an hour, but still got placed in the top group because I was A/S?

This time in the evening on a Friday in the UK is one of the worst 6pm

It seems to attract the "let's give this race ago" crowd.

Half the lobby has been doing this all week so it's clean from them the others rock up and think "hmmm why isn't that guy overtaking in to the really dangerous corner on to the straight" so send it in eau rouge and radilion cause pens and carnage in their wake...

Next week

A: Le Man SH
B: Trial Mountain RH
C: Lago Maggorie Center RH 1 mandatory stop.

Guessing

A: road car/hyper car
B: Gr3
C: Gr4
If you are guessing right, we had that daily C some months ago and I remember it as a good combo with close racing (15 laps or something like that?
Alfa 155 DTM will surely be the META.
Im curious about race A and Im pretty bad at Trial Mountain so I think Im skipping race B

SPA... Is it just me or .....

is the gap between QT and Race laps greater at SPA than anywhere else?

The Gist - During QT laps I can consistently hit my marks, braking and accelerating, I can consistently hit my turn in and out points. At roughly 90%. To the point where I'm very confident. I can run smooth laps.

But, start the race and that 90% drops to about 60%. (And I understand the rule of a full gas tank adding more weight to the car and maybe taking a bit to warm up the tires for better grip) But that number is consistent through the race, not just the first lap or so. And I'm talking about in clean air with distance between the cars in front and behind me, NOT in traffic and giving and taking.

At other tracks for me it's usually QT - 90% and Race - 75/80%. But at SPA its like 90/60.

Just curious if anyone else experiences this, or is it just me especially sucking at SPA?

SPA... Is it just me or .....

is the gap between QT and Race laps greater at SPA than anywhere else?

The Gist - During QT laps I can consistently hit my marks, braking and accelerating, I can consistently hit my turn in and out points. At roughly 90%. To the point where I'm very confident. I can run smooth laps.

But, start the race and that 90% drops to about 60%. (And I understand the rule of a full gas tank adding more weight to the car and maybe taking a bit to warm up the tires for better grip) But that number is consistent through the race, not just the first lap or so. And I'm talking about in clean air with distance between the cars in front and behind me, NOT in traffic and giving and taking.

At other tracks for me it's usually QT - 90% and Race - 75/80%. But at SPA its like 90/60.

Just curious if anyone else experiences this, or is it just me especially sucking at SPA?
I experience this a lot.

I don't know if it is the latency of online vs local QT that is the issue.

I understand like you the fuel/tires thing but if putting a passenger in the car (fuel in this case) really affected the handling this much...

I'd make ask the wife to walk....

Sure the pressure wether we consciously consider it or not is there as well.

But the change is awkward. That said with the update next week the servers/PSN is doing its thing with connection strengths as I was red today not had that in months and nothing has changed at home either.

I think personally those ms of latency throw us off just a fraction but enough

Well, what ever was happening yesterday, with me getting thrown in snake pit lobbies, has sorted itself, 2 races, today both full C/S lobbies.
My unrepeatable 2:18.6 putting me pole by almost a whole second on both occasions. Clean starts have gifted me back-back 1st, FL and CRB’s 😎
IMG_2068.jpeg

Well, what ever was happening yesterday, with me getting thrown in snake pit lobbies, has sorted itself, 2 races, today both full C/S lobbies.
My unrepeatable 2:18.6 putting me pole by almost a whole second on both occasions. Clean starts have gifted me back-back 1st, FL and CRB’s 😎
View attachment 1348282
You are on a road now, keep heading down it.

Good work!

I experience this a lot.

I don't know if it is the latency of online vs local QT that is the issue.

I understand like you the fuel/tires thing but if putting a passenger in the car (fuel in this case) really affected the handling this much...

I'd make ask the wife to walk....

Sure the pressure wether we consciously consider it or not is there as well.

But the change is awkward. That said with the update next week the servers/PSN is doing its thing with connection strengths as I was red today not had that in months and nothing has changed at home either.

I think personally those ms of latency throw us off just a fraction but enough
Remember it's Gr3 cars mate i.e. turbulent air from those in front does have a massive effect on your car's stability in the corners! And with Spa having a lot of fast, downhill corners, the dirty air effect is further harming the handling, thus the timings! I noticed I cannot do better than a 2:17:8 when behind someone and within a second of them, where when alone I average 2:17:3 in the race..

Speaking of races, main account curse continues! Did 1 race, starting in P5, knocked off track T1, Lap 1 and finished 9th after working myself up from P12...

Hop into 2nd account, start P10, everyone is clean, racing is fun and I finish in P8. Lol.

1713556246265.jpeg
1713556258838.jpeg

Fruitful afternoon in Daily Race C.

QT down to 1:39.354. 5 races: 6th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, and a 9th.

No major mistakes, zero penalties, and I managed not to off anyone. Got my DR/SR back up to B/S.

Debating doing Daily Race C at Spa tomorrow, but I'm really enjoying these longer races in Gr.4s. Gives me time to settle in and watch other people take each other out.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I just had a crushing qualifying lap at Spa.

Background: I always set my ghost to .4 seconds ahead, but I usually only turn it on briefly to see where I'm at.

I had some sort of alien start in the first corner - so much so that my ghost was invisible, or perhaps a little behind me. That means I started the Q lap at least .4 seconds faster than my ghost.

Everyone reading this already knows what happened - I crashed and burned before getting through Les Combes.

Sigh. I'll probably never do it again, either.

I just had a crushing qualifying lap at Spa.

Background: I always set my ghost to .4 seconds ahead, but I usually only turn it on briefly to see where I'm at.

I had some sort of alien start in the first corner - so much so that my ghost was invisible, or perhaps a little behind me. That means I started the Q lap at least .4 seconds faster than my ghost.

Everyone reading this already knows what happened - I crashed and burned before getting through Les Combes.

Sigh. I'll probably never do it again, either.
Don't use a ghost you can catch, just one you can keep in sight. Honestly they are better to follow than beat my friend.

Edit:

For the reason you had and I also have, I over think it, try a little to hard and ruin a good lap when if is was chasing a ghost they would have dragged me forward that little bit more

Last edited:
Wow, I missed a whole lot of posts the past 2 weeks, gotta get caught up with them. Lol, I look forward to reading everyone's posts everyday and how they did in their races. Some posts crack me up, I need a laugh every now and then. We can't lose our sense of humor.

@fisheye nice job on the CRB there!

Started the week at a high DR B. Got my QT for race C down to a decent (for me) 1:37.8. I’ve been using the Alfa 155. It really is a strong car here, esp with a tune. Not to much understeer, 4wd powers out of corners and pretty good in a straight line too, usually pull away from the Citroens. Once I got my QT sorted quickly had a run of 1st, 3rd,3rd to get my A rating back and even in the higher lobbies I’m holding my own. Honestly, try the 155. I like to drive cars that are not the meta, I don’t know why though lol, usually costs me.

Real life commitments got in the way and last mnight was the first time back in the Daily Race @ Spa since Monday with the aim of bumping my DR up before the GTWS race today. Of course that did not happen.

Had easily the worst steak of races in 2024 - only 3 incident-free races out of a total of 9 I did last night. The first 3 races races I ended up P12-15 from Q5-7due to being (unintentionally) pushed onto the slippery green bits and/or collected by a spinning car. @Barney Da Dog once again you had the front row seat of my absolutely horrific race but at least we got away from that GTR at the end. Nice JP Motorsport livery btw!

image0 (17).jpeg

Clearly raged, decided to do some lobby racing with friends instead. Came back to Spa 2 hours later then this happened.

I got my QT down to 2:16.3. That was more than 3/10th faster than my previous QT lap. Came out of no where. I think the only difference compare to my last QT was that I managed to miss all bollards at the apex!

IMG_9991.JPG

Will try more Race B today and see if my fortunate improves with the improved grid position.

Last edited:
Back