GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,603 comments
Listen up, I've cracked the secret of dealing with lobbies full of low Sport rankers.

Last night I was working on getting my DR back to A, I had to go through a lobby of death with these low rankers. My name might give a clue to another interest other than Metal, Apes! Personal favourites are Orangutans, magnificient noble creatures.

Orangutans aren't what we're talking about here, this is time for Chimpanzees. Anyone who watches nature documentaries will know about rankings within troops of some Apes and Monkeys. So when I hear the term low rankers I automatically think of Chimpanzees.

Then it clicked, a Eureka moment, these Low Rankers are actually real Chimpanzees driving the cars, that's why they drive the way they do! Once you understand this then racing against them becomes much more effective.

Typical Low Ranker.jpg

So I found myself in a race against these Chimps at Spa, I'd qualified 11th, the grid was mainly A/[ABC]'s. So lots of juicy DR gain to be had with a half decent finish. Exiting Radillion there was already one spinner, so straight up to 10th, as the race went one by one off they went until the final lap I was in 6th heading upto the bus stop.

I was far enough ahead of 7th to pretty much have a decent finish in the bag, when I stared closely in the mirror. There driving the following car was a screaming Chimpanzee, and he had his eyes on me. Well I've also got my eyes on you Chimp!

Here he comes, braking so late he just shoots straight down the inside before I even reach the turn in point, straight into the run off he goes. Even better, as he tried to rejoin the track the Chimp entered the wormhole and was teleported back to the start of the Bus stop. Six places lost!

So just remember, treat them all as Screaming Chimps, give them space, don't provoke them, just let them take each out and you can pick up the pieces and get a decent finish.

Listen up, I've cracked the secret of dealing with lobbies full of low Sport rankers.

Last night I was working on getting my DR back to A, I had to go through a lobby of death with these low rankers. My name might give a clue to another interest other than Metal, Apes! Personal favourites are Orangutans, magnificient noble creatures.

Orangutans aren't what we're talking about here, this is time for Chimpanzees. Anyone who watches nature documentaries will know about rankings within troops of some Apes and Monkeys. So when I hear the term low rankers I automatically think of Chimpanzees.

Then it clicked, a Eureka moment, these Low Rankers are actually real Chimpanzees driving the cars, that's why they drive the way they do! Once you understand this then racing against them becomes much more effective.

View attachment 1348438

So I found myself in a race against these Chimps at Spa, I'd qualified 11th, the grid was mainly A/[ABC]'s. So lots of juicy DR gain to be had with a half decent finish. Exiting Radillion there was already one spinner, so straight up to 10th, as the race went one by one off they went until the final lap I was in 6th heading upto the bus stop.

I was far enough ahead of 7th to pretty much have a decent finish in the bag, when I stared closely in the mirror. There driving the following car was a screaming Chimpanzee, and he had his eyes on me. Well I've also got my eyes on you Chimp!

Here he comes, braking so late he just shoots straight down the inside before I even reach the turn in point, straight into the run off he goes. Even better, as he tried to rejoin the track the Chimp entered the wormhole and was teleported back to the start of the Bus stop. Six places lost!

So just remember, treat them all as Screaming Chimps, give them space, don't provoke them, just let them take each out and you can pick up the pieces and get a decent finish.
This is the way.

For anyone visiting the states/east coast..this is also a viable strategy for highway travel between Nyc and DC🤐

Don't use a ghost you can catch, just one you can keep in sight.
I wasn't following my ghost - most of the time it's hidden. I only "unhide" it when I want to check my current progress, then I hide it again. That way I know if I've gotten a good exit on turns, etc.

By the way, because of all this, I've learned how to do turn 1 much faster and more consistently. I still haven't put it all together to get a better time, but it'll come.

Ahhh what could have been (Main Account).

Last night did a race on 2nd account, started P11, drove well and clean and finished in P8 so quite happy with that result.

Then just a few moments ago, I hopped into main and started in P4 and if not for 30 seconds of (in my opinion) poor sportsmanship, my race would have gone very differently....

I exit T1 on Lap 2 much better than P3 in front and we are soon side by side. He tries to squeeze me into the wall but thankfully I held the car. Still next to him, I let off heading into Eau Rouge as I knew better lol.

Again, I exit better and with slipstream, I try to go past but he weaves right in front of me and blocks me, dropping my speed and allowing those behind, who I had gapped to almost 2 seconds to catch up.

Lap 3 I am still close to P3 but I get caught in 2 minds expecting him to make a scum move and forget about those behind me. P5 takes the position as we brake before the chicane at the end of sector 1. We go side by side, cleanly but slowly, meaning P6 also takes my position as I am forced a tad wide, but not in a dirty way.

We spend the remainder of the race in a close train of 4 or 5 cars and I finish in P6, disappointed not to be on the podium but happy that at least for once, nobody crashed me off track in a main account race!

1713622594337.jpeg

1713622582661.jpeg

The highlight of my day is coming home/finishing for the day

And putting on the real parameter slider simulation.

I love nothing more than putting a decent QT time in and then constantly every 15 mins or so enter the same values I did 5 days ago, and the last 6 times today.

I just need a clean parameter bonus....fastest parameter changing bonus and being first parameter changing bonus.

This is pretty poor UX which ever way you look at it.

It's high effort vs low convenience for sport users.

The thing that makes me annoyed is they introduced it. BoP the cars or don't we will pick our cars. Introduce this half baked and half ass chassis tuning - put more than 2 seconds thought in to it for five minutes!!!

The highlight of my day is coming home/finishing for the day

And putting on the real parameter slider simulation.

I love nothing more than putting a decent QT time in and then constantly every 15 mins or so enter the same values I did 5 days ago, and the last 6 times today.

I just need a clean parameter bonus....fastest parameter changing bonus and being first parameter changing bonus.

This is pretty poor UX which ever way you look at it.

It's high effort vs low convenience for sport users.

The thing that makes me annoyed is they introduced it. BoP the cars or don't we will pick our cars. Introduce this half baked and half ass chassis tuning - put more than 2 seconds thought in to it for five minutes!!!
"I just need a clean parameter bonus"

What the heck is that?!

"I just need a clean parameter bonus"

What the heck is that?!
Every race with tuning you have to move the sliders to the same place you moved them the race before and the race before that.

Say I slide the slider thing and land perfectly on the value I've input 50 times previously I should get a bonus for that surely??

If I can do my settings faster than someone else that deserves a bonus???

And if I'm first doing the same settings for the 100th time I get the slider expert bonus?

🤣

All jokes aside it starts to really grate how poor the implementation is or how little effort they put in to quality of life stuff for sport mode players.

I get cars and tracks have commercial impacts but better UI and systems is well within their remit to improve and make class leading.

Especially when people figure a setup out on Monday that works for them and the have to rinse and repeat applying constantly..

Every race with tuning you have to move the sliders to the same place you moved them the race before and the race before that.

Say I slide the slider thing and land perfectly on the value I've input 50 times previously I should get a bonus for that surely??

And if I'm first doing the same settings for the 100th time I get the slider expert bonus?

🤣

All jokes aside it starts to really grate how poor the implementation is or how little effort they put in to quality of life stuff for sport mode players.

I get cars and tracks have commercial impacts but better UI and systems is well within their remit to improve and make class leading.

Especially when people figure a setup out on Monday that works for them and the have to rinse and repeat applying constantly..
Ah ok, so essentially "Save favourite configuration" 😲

BTW, 100,000,000% agree with you, so annoying! Even having to manually change compound if car happens to be on wrong tires. I mean, there is BOP which auto-adjusts car settings, why not tires as well?

IMG_0356.jpeg
Ah ok, so essentially "Save favourite configuration" 😲

BTW, 100,000,000% agree with you, so annoying! Even having to manually change compound if car happens to be on wrong tires. I mean, there is BOP which auto-adjusts car settings, why not tires as well?
Unless my Maltese is broken I thought that was what I was saying...

Unless you speak malteser

🤣

It also discourages experimentation with different cars/setups. It's not so bad memorising one set of parameters, but who wants to be constantly shuffling through their notes to find that one setup which worked for that one car?

Real life commitments got in the way and last mnight was the first time back in the Daily Race @ Spa since Monday with the aim of bumping my DR up before the GTWS race today. Of course that did not happen.

Had easily the worst steak of races in 2024 - only 3 incident-free races out of a total of 9 I did last night. The first 3 races races I ended up P12-15 from Q5-7due to being (unintentionally) pushed onto the slippery green bits and/or collected by a spinning car. @Barney Da Dog once again you had the front row seat of my absolutely horrific race but at least we got away from that GTR at the end. Nice JP Motorsport livery btw!

View attachment 1348396

Clearly raged, decided to do some lobby racing with friends instead. Came back to Spa 2 hours later then this happened.

I got my QT down to 2:16.3. That was more than 3/10th faster than my previous QT lap. Came out of no where. I think the only difference compare to my last QT was that I managed to miss all bollards at the apex!

View attachment 1348409

Will try more Race B today and see if my fortunate improves with the improved grid position.

I was mighty impressed with your move in to the chicane, passing two at once I think? I was kinda sad to find you pointing the wrong way on the exit😞
Had to make the JP livery - love the black and gold look. I'll have to do a Gr4 version too. Currently working on a few more McLaren GT3 liveries at the moment.

I tried your setup and have an optimal of a 2:16.9** but can never get it all right - stuck on a 2:17.3ish I think. I'm low A and getting put in with up to eight A+ guys who are occasionally in the 2:15.9s in the race!! I'm delighted if I can finish 10th in those races 😆

Edit / improved to a 2:17.1** - and now starting even further back than before, 14th 🙄🤣 optimum lap is now a 2:16.8xx, but would only have had me 11th in the same race. I do wish they'd bunch the cars up to reduce the huge gap to the lead.

Last edited:
Finally managed a win at Spa this week, and this time it wasn't me who screwed up, it was the guy in front.

1713649680154.png

I'll take a win any way I can get it!

It's odd to have my QT ranked this low, yet still start in the top 1-3:

1713650134807.png

I guess there's just a lot of people running Q laps this week.

Whittled my Dragon Trail QT in the NSX down to 1:39.332.

Race 1: Started P11. Awful lot of contact from the other drivers. Got banged like a drum. Or Riley Reid. Whatever. Finished P12.

Race 2: Started P10. Pit after Lap 1 instead of the usual Lap 10, and was 5th on Lap 10 until a solo spin left me to finish P13.

Race 3: Started P10 again, and pit after Lap 2 to avoid an annoying Citroen. Ran into them later anyway. Managed P8.

Race 4: Started P10 yet again, and pit after Lap 1. Botched a pass and finshed P13.

I really need to work on that QT, because this starting from P10 business is for the birds, so I buckled down a bit and scraped up a 1:39.225.

Race 5: Started, ahem... P10. Pit after Lap 1 again. Had decent pace and netted a P6.

Race 6: Started P5! Surely this is a sign of good things to come and nothing bad will happen! I stayed out and pit on Lap 10, picking up the day's first and only podium with a P3.

6ef3b32a5726bf2db86a6f53dbb9b463_w200.gif

Question: Do pole positions in Daily Races get counted in our GT7 profile stats 'Pole Positions'?

(I googled and searched in this forum but I found nothing. But this question is also hard to google. Have not been on pole in forever so cannot check myself either.)

Last edited:
Question: Do pole positions in Daily Races get counted in our GT7 profile stats 'Pole Positions'?

(I googled and searched in this forum but I found nothing. But this question is also hard to google. Have not been on pole in forever so cannot check myself either.)
Yes, they do. Curious to when you were expecting them to count? Given the question...

Well it's been awhile since I have been able to get online. I was surfing TouTube and found a tunr for the GT-R that was on the wild side. I'm a low C ranked at the time of this race.

OK, after a few more races I'm now mid C rank. Got a better Q time and hopped back in. The next thing I know I'm in a room with about 90% B ranked drivers. I think that there was only 2 more C rank in there. I changed the brake bias to +5

I've totally slacked off this week, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts on how their races turned out! Only did 4 Monza races and 2 Spa ones, none at DT-Gardens this week. The sausage curbs can be a pain in the rear end at times.

Race C for the Genesis G70 GR4 , Extremes mini maxi settings are working very well for me , shaving 0.700 from the stock suspension & LSD. With a 1:37.159 and my very low A+ skills.
View attachment 1348032
Great tune Mr P - shaved a good amount off my QT using this, and it works well in the race too! Couldn't get the G70 to work for me at all with the standard tune.

Latest Posts

Back