GTA: San Andreas Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,686 comments
Hi kattn_totte. Welcome to GTP. :cheers:

Sorry, I can’t add your record at this time. The picture is not acceptable. A HTML file is very easy to edit, so that could be fake. I need an in-game picture. Also, I’m on 56k, so I could not stream your video.

So, all I need from you is a screenshot of your stats in game. Thanks. 👍

The vid agrees with the screenies (showed the end of the wheelie with stats)... although it appears to be off PC-- I don't recall if PC stats are allowed-- xbox ones have been....

Spuds725
The vid agrees with the screenies (showed the end of the wheelie with stats)... although it appears to be off PC-- I don't recall if PC stats are allowed-- xbox ones have been....
I’m pretty much prepared to accept anything other than racing records from PC, as Orion_SR has noted.

If there is a genuine reason not to allow it, please tell me. ;)

Updated:
  • Added new records from kattn_totte.
kattn_totte – as I said to atwyatt, in the future could you please post your records in the manner requested in the first post. Thank you. :)

Also, thanks for the screenshots. 👍

Hello everybody again!

Best time in Dirtbike Danger - 1:33 - atwyatt

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/atwyatt/HPIM1112.jpg

Thanks again!

As for Dirtbike Danger, I think it can possibly go down to sub-1:30 (on the ps2; probably 1:29, but I'm not sure about lower than that.) There were enough mistakes in my run, plus I barely missed 1:32 by about a tenth of a second.

Jonas_AH: I wish I knew how you got your 1:44 in Go-go karting. That is an awesome time. I couldn't even get within 10 seconds of that. I just kept hitting everything, and I even had a taxi completely block off an alley way at one point. :(

Jonas_AH: I wish I knew how you got your 1:44 in Go-go karting. That is an awesome time. I couldn't even get within 10 seconds of that. I just kept hitting everything, and I even had a taxi completely block off an alley way at one point. :(
Those carts can be difficult to handle at first but you'll get it after a while. Also, I tried to stay off the sidewalks as much as possible as they can launch your cart in any direction (feels like so at least). And as in every race, you need a bit of luck too.

Hmm... I'd best post some more entries soon I guess...

Jonas - please shrink your signature. I count 13 lines - the maximum is 6.

Yeah Famine, what happened to you? You were always in there in Vice City IIRC… Anyway, the more the merrier. :P

Oh god. :lol: There are times when you show absolute brilliance, times when I believe you should be placed in an institution, and times when I can’t tell the difference.

This is the latter.

This is only my first practice run. I think I'll be around 32 hours, though I'm hoping for less.

I think a sub-24 hour 100% is possible.

Famine
Hmm... I'd best post some more entries soon I guess...

Jonas - please shrink your signature. I count 13 lines - the maximum is 6.
OK, sorry

About the fastest 100% time. I started off a new game for this some months ago but I didn't felt like finishing it. My average %/hour suggested a sub-30 hour time for me, though

Cheers! 👍

The problem I'm about to run slap-bang face-first into is Import/Export. I think that with proper planning (purchasing garaged houses in each territory and relocating the vehicles unique to those territories while playing the storyline, for a splurge at the end) it might cut the time down an awful lot. But I do have a few percentage points left which require next to no time to get.

Famine
Cheers! 👍

The problem I'm about to run slap-bang face-first into is Import/Export. I think that with proper planning (purchasing garaged houses in each territory and relocating the vehicles unique to those territories while playing the storyline, for a splurge at the end) it might cut the time down an awful lot. But I do have a few percentage points left which require next to no time to get.
I would believe that I/E is the most time wasting mission. Haven't had any plans on exporting vehicles on that save and I have just reached LV.

Maybe I'll continue when I complete LCS 100%

KieranMurphy
Hey, it's not like you're putting in dozens of these each day anymore... :dopey:

KM.
That may be true, but the fact is that there have been more posts in this thread in the last 24 hours than there had been in the 24 days before that. :P

So in relative terms, I’m a very busy man. :lol:

As I finished LCS 100% today, I took a quick look at my SA file stats. My current average would give me a sub-26 hour time (79.68% in 20:37).

Just a few random stats from my just-about-to-end game. Nothing spectacular here.

Maximum Insane Jump Distance - 1,877.00m (glitch) - Famine
Maximum Insane Jump Height - 28m - Famine
Longest 2 Wheels Distance - 21,275,106.00m (glitch) - Famine
Best Time in Badlands A - 3:00 - Famine
Best Lap in Dirt Track - 0:53 - Famine
Best Time in NRG-500 - 2:01 - Famine
Passengers Dropped Off - 50 - Famine
Money Made from Pimping - $9,600 - Famine
Number of Packages Delivered - 54 - Famine
Number of Photos Taken - 100 - Famine

I couldn't see one for Kickstart on the list, but, just in case:
Best Score in Kickstart - 33 - Famine

Famine
Longest 2 Wheels Distance - 21,275,106.00m (glitch) - Famine
I don’t recall there being a glitch for 2 wheels distance. What’s up with that? :confused:
Famine
I couldn't see one for Kickstart on the list, but, just in case:
Best Score in Kickstart - 33 - Famine
Yeah, I recall there being some talk about that when Jimmy was running the record book. I’ll have a dig around later tonight, see if I can find out why there is no Kickstart record. I’ll get back to you for this one.

Updated:
  • Added new records from Famine.

I have absolutely no clue how it happened - it just appeared on my screen. I THINK I was doing the Quarry/Dumptruck mission (with the mine explosives - delivering them to the airstrip). I took a shortcut between two plane carcasses, stopped, dumped the explosives, got "Mission Completed" and then, ping, 2 Wheel Distance and Insane Jump Distance.

It did that to me as well. I think it is because of the mission scripting, as I had taken the Restricted Area road and just entered the airport from the south. I ended up with some ubsurd amount of flips (I think it was near 29 or so).

the dump truck jump distance glitch is from the game using the height of cj off the ground as the trigger for jump stats-- since he sits so high in the truck... at certain places he is closer to the ground then others and this triggers the landing stats--- I imagine something like this causing the othe glitches too.

If I remember correctly-- kickstart was dropped due to it having an achievable maximum stat.

Spuds725
I imagine something like this causing the othe glitches too.
Yes, that’s what I figured.
Spuds725
If I remember correctly-- kickstart was dropped due to it having an achievable maximum stat.
Thanks, I believe you are correct. I remember the discussion, now.

Updated:
  • Added new records from Jonas_AH.
Jonas_AH – I’ll need some screenshots when you get a chance. Nice times. ;)

Back