GTA: San Andreas Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,686 comments
Spuds725
the dump truck jump distance glitch is from the game using the height of cj off the ground as the trigger for jump stats-- since he sits so high in the truck... at certain places he is closer to the ground then others and this triggers the landing stats--- I imagine something like this causing the othe glitches too.
Then why is it only caused by this mission? The other dumptruck quarry missions have no similar glitches. In addition, I occasionally use the dumptruck and have found no glitches of this similarity. I believe it may have to do with the mission scripting pertaining to the explosive barrels more than anytihng else, which would explain why the stat shows up when you finish the mission.

you may be right-- I haven't experimented with the dump truck much-- I'm still convinced the root cause is CJ's height off the ground ... I seem to remember getting stats on the drive over... although its been a while... either way, this thread probably isn't the place to discuss this...

Spuds725
If I remember correctly-- kickstart was dropped due to it having an achievable maximum stat.

Find me someone who can get all of the coronas and I'll...

I've no idea what I'll do, actually. But I don't believe it.

No - I still don't believe it :D

Edit: Actually, I don't. He gets over the bumpy ramps far too easily and there's no trace of sideways wobble on the high figure-eight, even when neither wheel is on the flat path. Unless there's significant handling and power differences between the PC and PS2 versions, of course.

Famine

Edit: Actually, I don't. He gets over the bumpy ramps far too easily and there's no trace of sideways wobble on the high figure-eight, even when neither wheel is on the flat path. Unless there's significant handling and power differences between the PC and PS2 versions, of course.

if Plaka did it, I believe it-- he has a good reputation... he is extremely helpful over at GTAF

My experience with both systems suggests there are minor differences in framerate and performance between the systems that have a slight influence on the game clock or race timer, but power and handling is about the same. I was expecting a lot more difficulty controlling the bike in the NRG-500 Challenge, and was surprized to learn I could hold the same lines if I could find them.

However, I think Bandito Country demonstrated an advantage to PC players because the increased detail makes it a lot easier to see the best path through the technical sections. But I haven't worked on this event on either system, so maybe there's a detail I'm overlooking.

Small_Fryz
🤬

The traffic is so annoying on this race, maybe if i get lucky i can catch your time, but the traffic!:crazy: :ouch:

Great time mate:tup:

Thanks. :) The first road or 'straight' is probably the worst for me. If I can figure out the traffic for that road, I will probably be able to improve my time significantly.

As for once you get over that first hill, it's pretty consistent for me. The traffic seems to always follow one of 3 patterns after that point.

Blake:

Out of courtesy to the thread creator, how often would you like us to provide updates? ie. should I get a bunch of scores and provide them one week at a time, or should I post them a day or two apart, with fewer updates?

I always get excited when I get a new record (ie. Backroad Wanderer - 1:29,) so I naturally want to post it, but would it be better to post more scores at once, even if it means holding off on the high scores for a few days?

I just don't want to give you too much work to do ;) with all my updates.:D

TBH I prefer you to post them seperately. Whenever I see a long list of records my heart just sinks. :P

It’s all good, though.

Just post them whenever i bet he would say, and he can update when he feels like it. Maybe you could keep posting the same new prs, untill there updated if people happen to post in bettewn prs.
Of course if im completey wrong, someone tell me. :P

Famine

I assure you I didn't use any cheats or alter any files ... it's not my style ;)

@ Blake
Are PC records eligible here? if so I have a few to enter the best being King Of San Andreas :)

Best Time in Barnstorming - 4:46 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in Military Service - 3:57 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in San Fierro Fastlane - 1:28 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in San Fierro Hills - 4:03 - Jonas_AH

I have a few more secs to take on the last two. Damn, I hate the rain :irked: I'll get you the screens later on.

@ Plaka
PC racing records aren't eligible here. I don't know about other records.

Plaka
I assure you I didn't use any cheats or alter any files ... it's not my style ;)

Which is why I added the final line disclaimer. It'd be too easy for me to just claim that someone I don't know is a cheat, and so I gave the benefit of the doubt to version differences.

Oddly, my progress in my current game brought me to Kickstart again last night. You know on the high block, where you dip your front tyre over the edge to get the red, then reverse back onto the block to get the other red to your left? I tried that myself - I'd never seen it done before. Your bike, on the PC version, was rock steady. Mine, on the PS2 version, was wiggling about all over the place (though I managed to collect both reds).

Did you have a 100% Bike Skill when you did your run?

I honestly don't remember but I always do Bike School as soon as I can and use the Bike to get around almost exclusively, so if it wasn't Max. Skill it would have been close.

BTW just to clarify ... that Video at Stuckgamer is NOT mine !

It doesn't use the same font/colours for the title as my video.
I have never completed Kickstart with 61 points, my highest recorded is 55 points. (Google 11.1Mb)
I wouldn't dress CJ like that, my favourite is alway's Green sunglasses.
From the looks of it the player is Left-handed, and I use a different route.

Back