Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 91 44.2%

• Total voters
I don't know how many of you live here or have been here, but it's totally shocking how they've captured parts of Broward and Miami to put in this game. Could've sworn I've been to some of the places in the trailer LOL. The people, too. :lol: The Pinellas/Pasco county areas should be interesting, too. IRL they do release and vocational rehab of state prisoners up there, so I wonder if that will factor into the storytelling.

Read on another website that development started a year after GTA5 released so 2014, I don't even see how that is possible since they didn't have the hardware we have today to start building the game on.
I am pretty sure, top end 2014 hardware could handle GTAVI. Gap isn't all that big, actually.

Populated areas looks impressive, but individual objects aren't that far from RDRII. V on PS3 was way more impressive. Biggest disappointment is 2025 release date.

On a different note, as this look so graphically amazing do we think they can achieve anything over 30 fps on current gen? Seems doubtful unless they work pure magic.

On a different note, as this look so graphically amazing do we think they can achieve anything over 30 fps on current gen? Seems doubtful unless they work pure magic.
If they've been able to make the same kind of strides with RAGE that Epic has made with UE5, it should actually be less intensive for the same visual presentation. I think the key tech that has unlocked a lot of this capability is the hot-loading (is that the term?) of assets straight from the SSD. That's a whole step-change in texture quality that's suddenly available. This is just a trailer, though I don't think it'll be far off tbh.

Considering 1080@30 on XSS, 60 for 5 and X seems achievable.

Texture quality isn't problem for years, illumination is.
Well, VC/FL is flat anyway so there shouldn't be much need for outrageous draw distances and textures that aren't billboards that suddenly pop in.

I'm feeling a bit meh on this one. It just didn't wow me, probably because it's just in-engine scenes. I need gameplay before I join the hype train.

image.png

Cars from GTA5 and Online. I hope it's a placeholder. The models need to be updated with more details.

For me it looked ok and some stuff looked really nice and others just meh.

It’s still a long way to go to add that extra slit and polish, so I’m sure it will gradually get better looking over time.

The big thing for me is Story, if this is hamstrung or poor then it doesn’t really matter what it looks like. However I really enjoyed GTA V’s story and how it was split between the 3 protagonists, so I’m hopefully for GTA VI.

I don't know how many of you live here or have been here, but it's totally shocking how they've captured parts of Broward and Miami to put in this game. Could've sworn I've been to some of the places in the trailer LOL. The people, too. :lol: The Pinellas/Pasco county areas should be interesting, too. IRL they do release and vocational rehab of state prisoners up there, so I wonder if that will factor into the storytelling.
Last month I visited Los Angeles for the first time and was amazed just how close so many of the areas were to the GTA5 map. For a parody rather than an officially licensed recreation like Edinburgh in FH4, it was unbelievable to visit the Santa Monica Pier, Griffith Observatory, Chinese Theater, the Canals, Venice Beach and all the towers in Downtown because they were so incredibly recreated in a game me and my friend have hundreds of hours in. The GTA V map is incredible because it gives you an amazing sandbox in what feels like a real setting.

The GTAVI trailer looks like such an upgrade as well and anyone who knows Miami (such as yourself) should rightfully be amazed at that. It must be crazy to be thinking about now whether your house/street may end up being parodied in the game when it comes out.

I moved from The Bronx to Orlando, for a year(2007-2008), before leaving for Australia. Been to Miami twice(once for a time share vacation and the other for my honeymoon).
Didn't cruise all of Miami, but did chill around Hollywood back then(my Brother lives there now) and South Beach.
Can't remember the Cuban club me and my wife went to, that looks like that neon club in the pics. However, I remember Club Bed. Couldn't believe it. :lol: Crazy, that was fifteen years ago. We saw Tropical Thunder, on the last day of our honeymoon.

For me it looked ok and some stuff looked really nice and others just meh.

It’s still a long way to go to add that extra slit and polish, so I’m sure it will gradually get better looking over time.
And there's me thinking it looked amazing! - mind you, i did play the last game, GTAV, on... checks notes ...PS3! :lol:

image.png

Cars from GTA5 and Online. I hope it's a placeholder. The models need to be updated with more details.
For what it’s worth, a lot of the newer models introduced in the more recent GTA Online updates have been a fair bit more detailed / better modelled than those in base GTA V.

This lead to some suspicions that they’ve been using what will be GTA VI models with some slight tweaks to make it fit V better. I wouldn’t be surprised to find older models from past games to have been given a new coat of paint as a result.

How do you have such high standards? As a package, the animations, NC detail and density. The beach scene especially looked so alive. It looks simply incredible
Because it’s the most expensive game ever developed, it’s been in development since 2014 and still has a few years left to go.

It’s not bad by any standards, it’s just so far a next gen game that looks next gen and nothing beyond.

Also what we have seen is just in-engine cut scene, not game play. I’ll wait to see if the animations etc look as good while playing.

GTA V cutscenes had some excellent mocap animations and the gameplay was well… not as good shall we say.

Until I see actual gameplay I’ll keep my standards and hopes high in terms of graphical prowess.

I do think people have unrealistic expectations nowadays. But GTA5 was incredible to look at and that was on PS3. I hope we see a bi-generational (if that’s even a word) leap for GTA6
It's unfortunate that graphics these days are criticised for the discrepancy between what we get and what people expect, rather than being praised for the difference between what we get and what we had. Not that it's wrong to hope for better, but given the massive resource it must take to get visual improvements from one game to the next I'm not sure that isn't coming at the expense of other aspects of the game. To me it feels like the PS3 was when we hit diminishing returns.

RDR2 looked amazing, and that's last gen now, V looked great and that's two generations old now - I don't doubt VI will look incredible - but I can't help but notice my favourite games in both franchises came earlier.

That days of huge graphical leaps are gone anyway, we’ll never get that PS1-PS2 or PS2-PS3 type leap again. What we can expect is increased fidelity and top notch frame rates and resolutions.

I like the look of it. I played V a lot when it first came out but didn’t really buy into the rereleases and remakes. It wasn’t my favourite by any stretch, whilst I know many enjoyed the threading of the 3 characters and their stories, I never really got into it, I prefer have 1 character to play as with a bit more focus. If it turns out VI has 2 then I can cope with that as long as it’s not needlessly annoying.

Vice City was and still is my fave in the series so I will definitely be jumping in anyway.

It's unfortunate that graphics these days are criticised for the discrepancy between what we get and what people expect, rather than being praised for the difference between what we get and what we had. Not that it's wrong to hope for better, but given the massive resource it must take to get visual improvements from one game to the next I'm not sure that isn't coming at the expense of other aspects of the game. To me it feels like the PS3 was when we hit diminishing returns.

RDR2 looked amazing, and that's last gen now, V looked great and that's two generations old now - I don't doubt VI will look incredible - but I can't help but notice my favourite games in both franchises came earlier.

I think that's a fair point. Probably what I didn't include in that was the animation, the little 1% that make no real difference to gameplay but makes it that little bit more real. Like when you attack NPCs or ditch your car blocking a lane. Cars would drive around it and flick you the finger - it was excellent. I hope there's more of that too and then some - that's really what I meant. 4k at 60 fps with ray tracing is what I expect and anything more is a bonus

So, i feel like GTA VI needs to have a Complete Edition at some point.

Or to put it another way, GTA VICE ;) (I should trademark that!)

I think I'll wait to see what's in single player before I get too hyped. What am I saying, I'm mega hyped already and we're more than a year away from release..!

The car models coming from GTA V doesn't bother me if they update the car interiors, which pretty much all looked terrible in V...they were clearly an afterthought.

I'm feeling a bit meh on this one.
Unfortunately the teaser - and I appreciate there's not really a lot else they could do with it - seemed to focus entirely on how much more massiver everything is... and more big still isn't what GTA needs.

Still, there was this:
1701811424417.png

The big thing for me is Story, if this is hamstrung or poor then it doesn’t really matter what it looks like. However I really enjoyed GTA V’s story and how it was split between the 3 protagonists, so I’m hopefully for GTA VI.
RDR2 gives me faith that the story in VI will be engaging. Hoping that maybe with this one we might get some extra single player content down for it the road but it's probably unlikely with how R* focuses on Online play these days.

Last edited:
The thing I liked about Red Dead 2 was the incredible attention to detail. I very much expect GTA VI to be the same in this regard.

image.png

The cars they added to online literally based on new car models in 2020ish so that shouldn't be an issue. That's a new Comet based on the 992 there. They even have the new Nissan Z and the new electric Charger.

Back