Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 91 44.2%

• Total voters
RDR2 gives me faith that the story in VI will be engaging. Hoping that maybe with this one we might get some extra single player content down for it the road but it's probably unlikely with how R* focuses on Online play these days.
Dan Houser and Michael Unsworth are big losses from the writing team. I do worry about the tone of this one, especially after watching the trailer and all the fake tiktok stuff. If you'd told me that was another Saints Row reboot I may have believed it.

It's probably just the long wait. I loved V, bought & played it on multiple systems so nothing could really live up to that after a decade.

I do worry about the tone of this one, especially after watching the trailer and all the fake tiktok stuff.
We already spending most of our time in smartphones, obviously its should be one of themes for satire in next GTA. Wasn't as dramatic in 2012-2013 when V was scripted.

True. Everyone looks down into their phones…everywhere. In GTA V, people got wallets and purses snatched. Would be interesting if phones get jacked.

Some trailer to be fair. So life like the movements and animations.

Doubt the characters will behave like that in game though. Would be cool if they did.

I read an article earlier today which included some comments from a former Rockstar developer who worked on both GTA5 and RDR2. I can't find the link now to post it here but basically he said that what we saw in that trailer is all in game footage and we can absolutely expect the game to look just like that. After all that's one of the reasons why the game has been in the works for so long.

I read an article earlier today which included some comments from a former Rockstar developer who worked on both GTA5 and RDR2. I can't find the link now to post it here but basically he said that what we saw in that trailer is all in game footage and we can absolutely expect the game to look just like that. After all that's one of the reasons why the game has been in the works for so long.
Lies No GIF

Here's the Dev.

On top of that, a fan shared that the game should look even better at release & shared how RDR2 Trailer 1 looked compared to its same scenes in the retail version. Can't find the thread, but Rockstar did touch it up nicely in the 2 years between both media.

Its definitely in-game presentation. Resolution dropping here and there. In engine render will be much crispier.

Just look at Michael in the 2nd GTA V trailer compared to the final product. Most of stuff in Rockstar's trailers are in game engine so I expect the same in this one.

The cars they added to online literally based on new car models in 2020ish so that shouldn't be an issue. That's a new Comet based on the 992 there. They even have the new Nissan Z and the new electric Charger.
I mean the quality. Can't have a next-gen GTA without a boost in model quality and details.

Digital Foundry first look -

They seem to think the game has ray traced GI, which would be awesome. The trailer also shows evidence of ray traced reflections. Their consensus seems to be that it's running in real time and that it's sub 4k and 30fps. Seeing the comparison to GTA V really demonstrates the leap in visuals, it's really impressive.

I went back and watched every single mainline GTA "first trailer" and the one consistent element is that they are all representative of what the final game looked like. I can't find anything from any of the prior game trailers that looked pre-rendered or different from what we got in the released game. So the track record is there.

Last edited:
I mean the quality. Can't have a next-gen GTA without a boost in model quality and details.
It is early to tell I suppose, but the leaks did show some new working features on the cars, so it'll be interesting to see how they're actually implemented.
Digital Foundry first look -

They seem to think the game has ray traced GI, which would be awesome. The trailer also shows evidence of ray traced reflections. Their consensus seems to be that it's running in real time and that it's sub 4k and 30fps. Seeing the comparison to GTA V really demonstrates the leap in visuals, it's really impressive.

I went back and watched every single mainline GTA "first trailer" and the one consistent element is that they are all representative of what the final game looked like. I can't find anything from any of the prior game trailers that looked pre-rendered or different from what we got in the released game. So the track record is there.

I wonder if Rockstar will implement a 60FPS performance option at all like they introduced with GTA V on the current gen.

The car models are disappointing. I mean, some are from the PS3-era.
I was expecting a large number of GTA V cars to be ported over. I think it remains to be seen how detailed and/or upgraded they will be...we haven't had that good of a look. I feel like a lot of GTA Online DLC cars were a bit lower quality than the GTA IV and main GTA V cars...a lot of them felt rushed and uninspired to me. A good GTA car, IMO, is one that borrows influence from real world counterparts but the result still feels unique. The Banshee is and always has been a good example of this. A lot of the GTA Online DLC cars just felt like counterfeit versions of real cars - which felt a little low effort to me.

I was expecting a large number of GTA V cars to be ported over. I think it remains to be seen how detailed and/or upgraded they will be...we haven't had that good of a look. I feel like a lot of GTA Online DLC cars were a bit lower quality than the GTA IV and main GTA V cars...a lot of them felt rushed and uninspired to me. A good GTA car, IMO, is one that borrows influence from real world counterparts but the result still feels unique. The Banshee is and always has been a good example of this. A lot of the GTA Online DLC cars just felt like counterfeit versions of real cars - which felt a little low effort to me.
Sure. Well, I was expecting a lot of the cars added to GTA Online to be ported over, but I’ve spotted several cars that are ported from GTA IV, and that’s an old ******* game.

Oh, and I disagree about the GTA Online cars. I feel the opposite way, really, in that the more the cars resemble real world ones the better. Rockstar’s own designs looks cartoonish and bad in general in my opinion, but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited:
Sure. Well, I was expecting a lot of the cars added to GTA Online to be ported over, but I’ve spotted several cars that are ported from GTA IV, and that’s an old ******* game.
Returning models aren’t necessarily a bad thing if the original assets were of a high enough quality. Codemasters have been reusing stuff since the first DiRT and GRID games until now, even after switching game engines with WRC. Obviously we’ve not seen anything up close yet, but as noted by @McLaren, the leaked footage showed a lot of very minute details that were all editable by the devs (such as seat positions for example). Given that the game is set as the same in-game universe as GTA IV and V, the returning models are obviously not gonna look totally different, but they have definitely gone back and added more details, as shown by the below screenshot.

IMG_2569.jpeg

Its a little low quality, but you can see what appear to be CD cases in the door pocket and two patches of duct tape holding the grab handle on, which is somehow perfect for the… interesting type of owner behind the wheel. How much these little details will be repeated or show up is unknown, but its undeniable that they’ve made changes for the better.

Last edited:
Returning models aren’t necessarily a bad thing if the original assets were of a high enough quality. Codemasters have been reusing stuff since the first DiRT and GRID games until now, even after switching game engines with WRC. Obviously we’ve not seen anything up close yet, but as noted by @McLaren, the leaked footage showed a lot of very minute details that were all editable by the devs (such as seat positions for example). Given that the game is set as the same in-game universe as GTA IV and V, the returning models are obviously not gonna look totally different, but they have definitely gone back and added more details, as shown by the below screenshot.

View attachment 1309992

Its a little low quality, but you can see what appear to be CD cases in the door pocket and two patches of duct tape holding the grab handle on, which is somehow perfect for the… interesting type of owner behind the wheel. How much these little details will be repeated or show up is unknown, but its undeniable that they’ve made changes for the better.
Codemasters does it so then it’s fine? No. And adding details doesn’t do it for me when the car models themselves are bad/weird looking. It makes the game very inconsistent as we now have some cars that are very true to their real life counterparts while others hardly resembles them at all. Inconsistency like this is what frustrated me about GT5 & 6 as well, with the standard cars ported from GT4.

If it doesn’t bother you, fine, but it does bother me.

Last edited:
I want to see all those online cars in the offline portion. Missing so much of the alts to RX-3, Mini, Camaros, Volvos, everything else.

It’s funny, for a game called Grand Theft Auto I don’t care one bit about the cars.
You're not alone. Rockstar itself has long-since forgotten about the actual crime for which the entire series was named (I don't even know what it should be called... Aggravated Mayhem?); even the cars parked on Ocean Drive in the trailer are an absolute afterthought.

I mean, outside of vehicular homicide, speeding and other dangerous driving offences, I'd suggest stealing cars is possibly the the most frequent crime committed in the game, no?

I'd like Gone in 60 style missions, but it's not like there's no vehicular theft without it.

I mean, outside of vehicular homicide, speeding and other dangerous driving offences, I'd suggest stealing cars is possibly the the most frequent crime committed in the game, no?
Aside from all the murder and general blowing up of stuff, sure.

I'm genuinely not sure which crime that you can actually do in a GTA game is less common than GTA.

I guess you only become a drug baron once (or twice), and that's just one crime. Probably smuggling?

Or, in my case, dancing.

Back