La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Plus the new penalty system which make things even worse.
●●●News Flash●●●
The penalty system on the WTC700 is still same old lenient system, just tested this last night with a attempted fast run and I was intentionally cutting corners on chicane, going outside lines at Tetre Rouge and Dunlop chicane, and even the Ford Chicane, and no penalties popped.
The CRB is still same too, nothing but a yellow flag will break it.
●●●End of News Flash●●●

Am afraid your wrong this time .
Didn't check if something changed at cutting track penalties ( is on heavy ) but penalties are harder now no matter the car you use .
Time is now at least double,from 0.500 up to 1 or 1.5 seconds.

I have take so many( every kind ) when i was trying to set faster lap and i know very well the difference.
The new 900pp race is as it was the 700pp one .
If you check the tab you will notice the difference, i look the tab when i realise that something changed and i think other players can confirm that .

Am afraid your wrong this time .
Didn't check if something changed at cutting track penalties ( is on heavy ) but penalties are harder now no matter the car you use .
Time is now at least double,from 0.500 up to 1 or 1.5 seconds.

I have take so many( every kind ) when i was trying to set faster lap and i know very well the difference.
The new 900pp race is as it was the 700pp one .
If you check the tab you will notice the difference, i look the tab when i realise that something changed and i think other players can confirm that .
I have video and will post (busy at moment)
I also use EASY on the difficulty... if this makes a difference.

Are we talking about same race? The 30 minute WTC700 yes?

Last edited:
I have video and will post (busy at moment)
I also use EASY on the difficulty... if this makes a difference.
No , doesn't make ANY Difference the level .

Can't argue with what happens to your race but i judge from my races.
Am almost sure that the tab change from light to heavy .
Also i keep a small percentage of being wrong cause i don't know how i can find the older settings of the cutting track penalties.

18f0152c49642-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_438710804485786_1713714080022.jpg

First penalty at Ford Chicane...
18f0152a58917-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_438710801751418_1713714069341.jpg

Replay data saved here on server...
18f015283a656-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_438710798464352_1713714056501.jpg

Will add YT video here of 1st three laps when it's ready to share..

Last edited:
Hey guys! Been away a while but now I'm back.

I did a few 700 races over the last days and I can't see any differences regarding penalties. For me it was always inconsistent and it's still like this. In some races I do get penalties for track limit violations (usually multiple ones) and in other races I just don't, no matter what I do. So for me it seems like nothing changed.

But I have a feeling that something else changed recently. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like some cars have higher fuel usage lately. Some I used before do less than 3 laps (now?) on FM6. Is this possible and/or has anyone else noticed this?
I also have the feeling that the AI in hard mode is a bit quicker now. But maybe I'm just rusty 'cause I haven't done the race for some time.

Hey guys! Been away a while but now I'm back.

I did a few 700 races over the last days and I can't see any differences regarding penalties. For me it was always inconsistent and it's still like this. In some races I do get penalties for track limit violations (usually multiple ones) and in other races I just don't, no matter what I do. So for me it seems like nothing changed.

But I have a feeling that something else changed recently. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like some cars have higher fuel usage lately. Some I used before do less than 3 laps (now?) on FM6. Is this possible and/or has anyone else noticed this?
I also have the feeling that the AI in hard mode is a bit quicker now. But maybe I'm just rusty 'cause I haven't done the race for some time.
As about fuel i can't tell that i notice something different, although i didn't test many cars but those i use are still the same.
Don't know how much time you was off but after some update they change the AI performance ( or something like that 😂 ) under wet conditions and perhaps this affect the overall time.
Just did some tests previous month to test something for a Friend and leave it to hard mod but now am back to easy .
So i can't tell , last race i remember AI faster laps was at 4.12 around .

As about fuel i can't tell that i notice something different, although i didn't test many cars but those i use are still the same.
Don't know how much time you was off but after some update they change the AI performance ( or something like that 😂 ) under wet conditions and perhaps this affect the overall time.
Just did some tests previous month to test something for a Friend and leave it to hard mod but now am back to easy .
So i can't tell , last race i remember AI faster laps was at 4.12 around .
Well, maybe I'm indeed just a bit rusty and I never was among the fastest guys here anyway. I keep it at hard for the moment, trying to get my pace back and have a bit of challenge.

I was intentionally trying to get penalties and finally I did at end of third.
I get it when i saw the vid, that's why i don't " believe" it 😂
Don't understand,is the car ? The speed you was carrying against the AI ? I really don't know.
Lately am getting penalties without understand why .

Don't know what the heck happens , ill shoot one to see the difference .
And i won't try to get in purpose .

I get it when i saw the vid, that's why i don't " believe" it 😂
Don't understand,is the car ? The speed you was carrying against the AI ? I really don't know.
Lately am getting penalties without understand why .
I watched it and also can't believe it! My initial theory was possible proximity to the AI, I've noticed that sometimes light contact with the AI seems to cancel out track cutting penalties. I tried to duplicate the video, same car, same mode and hang out in traffic, first lap 13 seconds of penalties and got sent back for going wide at Indy! I really don't understand how it can be so different. My anecdotal evidence of "before" and "after" is focused on one corner, tertre rouge. I've always pushed the track limits on the exit of tertre rouge and know every inch of kerb and blue paint. "Before" I was comfortable putting one tire completely on the blue without penalty and half the car on the blue was always a .5 second. Now however, for me, one pixel on the blue is .5, two pixels is 1.0 and half the car is 1.5 seconds.

I haven't watched the video being discussed, but I have noticed that the penalties at La Sarthe seem dependent on my gas/brake inputs.

I've cut straight through a chicane while off the gas, and on the brakes, and gotten no penalty. I've drifted offline on the S1 turn before the straights, and gotten penalties if I stay on the gas...

I watched it and also can't believe it! My initial theory was possible proximity to the AI, I've noticed that sometimes light contact with the AI seems to cancel out track cutting penalties. I tried to duplicate the video, same car, same mode and hang out in traffic, first lap 13 seconds of penalties and got sent back for going wide at Indy! I really don't understand how it can be so different. My anecdotal evidence of "before" and "after" is focused on one corner, tertre rouge. I've always pushed the track limits on the exit of tertre rouge and know every inch of kerb and blue paint. "Before" I was comfortable putting one tire completely on the blue without penalty and half the car on the blue was always a .5 second. Now however, for me, one pixel on the blue is .5, two pixels is 1.0 and half the car is 1.5 seconds.
Don't know how much i agree with you,
what was 0.500 before become 1-1.5 .
Ill upload also a vid with my restless 908 Fap later .

I haven't watched the video being discussed, but I have noticed that the penalties at La Sarthe seem dependent on my gas/brake inputs.
I've never heard or thought about this before, so I tested it out. Same parameters as jrbabbitt's video, first lap on the gas through all the standard penalty spots.. 10.5 seconds of penalties. Second lap put the car in all the same spots but coasted off the gas... no penalties! Small sample size but mind blown.

My vid is gonna be late , they want verification etc. so i hope tomorrow to be ready ( new tricks ).
I pass 3 times at Indianapolis and finally he put me back on track 🤣

I've cut straight through a chicane while off the gas, and on the brakes, and gotten no penalty. I've drifted offline on the S1 turn before the straights, and gotten penalties if I stay on the gas...
I suspect the penalties given out are proportional to your delta over some pre-determined amount of time the game is programmed to through a given section of track.

Exceeding track limits typically doesn't hit you with a penalty if you purposely slow yourself down and take longer to reenter the track. Unless it's some egregious violation, like when you run off in the rain on slicks in the Porsche Curves and pick up a 38 Second penalty. Like, what's up with that?

However, in relation to the current discussion if penalties are more severe than before, I hadn't noticed. Very interested to see videos of this.

I've won the 10 lap Le Mans race on hard with the Jaguar group C car. I had to use medium tyres to do it and that made the 5th lap in each stint interesting with no rear left and very little rear right. Shared the replay on the PS5.

I've cut straight through a chicane while off the gas, and on the brakes, and gotten no penalty.
That would leave plenty room for abusing it. I think it has more to do with
proportional to your delta over some pre-determined amount of time the game is programmed to through a given section of track.
Which would also explain why
I got a lot of 1.5 second penalties while some time ago those were mostly 0.5 seconds.
Because practice makes one faster, so the delta grows and by that the penalty increases.

I've never heard or thought about this before, so I tested it out. Same parameters as jrbabbitt's video, first lap on the gas through all the standard penalty spots.. 10.5 seconds of penalties. Second lap put the car in all the same spots but coasted off the gas... no penalties! Small sample size but mind blown.
I did the same test yesterday. Cutting 2 corners and driving straight through both chicanes on Mulsanne.
On gas I got penalties at all 4 points.
Off gas and/or braking I just got a 1.5 at the first chicane.

BUT: Today I did a race with the 400R. Ran wide in corner, got off throttle immediately, but still got a penalty. So on the next lap I cut the same corner as in the test before, no throttle, decelerating, and I got a penalty again.

As I said before, looks like it's just inconsistent for some reason....

Off the penalty subject, had an odd result in the WTC 700 this morning. I was looking through my garage and realized that I hadn't done the GT 500 engine swap on the '08 Fairlady Z, so I did. Took it to la Sarthe to test it out, really good by the way, one stop FM1 and sub 4 minute capable. The odd result; I'm just cruising, getting a feel for the car checking fuel economy etc. Second lap 4:04, pretty good nothing special, rain comes toward the end of lap 3, grab inters and fuel for the final 4 laps, again nothing unusual. The rain was "normal" not a monsoon, end of lap 4 I'm on top of half the field. Typically on hard difficulty there are a couple cars, the AWD ones usually, that are weather savvy and prevent a 6 lap rain race. I've had 6 lap results on hard but they're fairly rare, what I've never done on hard is lap the entire field! Don't know what made the AI so brain dead, an odd result none the less.

Ok so Lexus LC500, Did a basic suspension setup(needs refining),

Standard engine/non Swap:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240425153122.jpg

Needs a proper gear tune rather than a quick tune I did with auto gears, potentially 2secs to be found there

LS7 BRZ engine swap:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240425162220.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240425162342.jpg

I messed up the turn after the Mulsanne so the fastest lap should of been 2sec quicker, I think this gear tune works well for the engine's power

Both cars need refining of the suspension setup, but the LS swap gets 10mph more down the straights but needs to brake earlier.
The swap is definitely the faster choice.

Edit: Both engines need FM6 with shifting in the middle of the rev bar/6,600 RPM for 3 laps

Last edited:
Drove the Silvia Touring Car with a medium turbo today. Nice car! Good enough for a relatively easy win on hard mode, but doesn't feel completely OP. 3 laps on FM4 & 4 laps on FM6. Did a bit of short shifting on the 4 lap stint but probably not needed 'cause I had plenty of fuel left at the end.
Very easy on tires, no need to change if you use RHs. Race was dry except for a few short showers at the end of 3rd/start of 4th lap.

1000011955.png

1000011954.png

Just did a race with the engine swapped RX-8:

1000011969.png

1000011968.png

Even tuned down to 700PP this thing is a beast! Good acceleration, very fast (320+ on Mulsanne) and amazing fuel economy! Does 3+ laps on FM1 and 4+ laps on FM2 and you can rev it up all the way to 10k!
The downside is that the car is very harsh on tires. It just takes 2 laps to clearly feel the loss of grip in every corner and at this point the car becomes unpredictable. I lost it twice during the race and at the end I had to drive really slow through the Porsche corners.
Race was mostly dry with a few showers on laps 3&5.

1000011970.png

1000011971.png

Just did a race with the engine swapped RX-8:

View attachment 1350373
View attachment 1350374

Even tuned down to 700PP this thing is a beast! Good acceleration, very fast (320+ on Mulsanne) and amazing fuel economy! Does 3+ laps on FM1 and 4+ laps on FM2 and you can rev it up all the way to 10k!
The downside is that the car is very harsh on tires. It just takes 2 laps to clearly feel the loss of grip in every corner and at this point the car becomes unpredictable. I lost it twice during the race and at the end I had to drive really slow through the Porsche corners.
Race was mostly dry with a few showers on laps 3&5.

View attachment 1350378
View attachment 1350379
Unfortunately nothing comes without cost , in your situation, tyres have to pay the price of performance.
Very few swapped cars have the " packet" of balance in general.

Unfortunately nothing comes without cost , in your situation, tyres have to pay the price of performance.
Very few swapped cars have the " packet" of balance in general.
Yeah, but that's ok for me. The car is already pretty OP as it is. I lost it twice, I had to go slower through corners on multiple laps because of the tires and I still won on hard by 56 seconds. So no complaining here😉

BTW: Does anyone here have both, the RX-7 and the RX-8 swapped? If so, which one do you prefer overall?

Back