Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@LOGI_Rich
Hi
I have been attempting to purchase this wheel since it launched in 2022. I have contacted Logitech South Africa numerous times and always get the same answer. They cant tell me when this product will be available, if ever.
Please if you could, I would appreciate some feedback as to why its not yet available here and if there are any plans to make it available. There is a huge market for it here. I just don't understand why a company that has a substantial market here wont bring in a flagship product.
I am on the verge of importing some Fanatec gear, but I would prefer the locally sourced Logitech.

@Gogga At the moment the console versions of the Pro Wheel are only available direct from our website via our D2C operation; unfortunately, we don't have a D2C operation in South Africa at this time. As always, we will continue to look at widening distribution of the products in the future.

Last edited:
@Gogga At the moment the console versions of the Pro Wheel are only available direct from our website via our D2C operation; we don't have a D2C operation in South Africa at this time. As always, we will continue to look at widening distribution of the products in the future.
Thanks for the clarification.
I even contacted many distributors and they have no clue as to the availability of the product.

Hope this Direct to customer operation becomes available soon.

There's far too many variables to qualitatively say "do/don't use gloves". Every glove is different as is every person using said gloves. Logically, if you have gloves with substantial grip then they're going to cause more friction, which can result in premature wear to the materials on the wheel.

Please get in touch with support.
Hi Rich. Any suggestions on mitigating anymore wear? Logi support says my unit has no warranty.

Any info on when the Pro racing pedals will be back on stock in Europe? The PS Pro wheel is not back on stock, but the pedals are still not ... so, still no buy for me. :(

@Skills im guessing not what you want to hear, but I’d bet any Automotive upholstery shop that does custom work would be able to recover or restitch your wheel with whatever leather/ alcantera and stitching combo you could possibly want. No idea what that may cost though.
As far as reducing wear, softest material gloves you can find, but then those will become a regular replacement item. It’s definitely a disappointment how the stitching was done on these wheels though.

I would like to share a brief observation: a few weeks ago I bought the T300 RS set with the alcantara steering wheel + TH8S shifter. I only upgraded the fan with a Noctua one.

I waited for news from Logitech but didn't hear anything for six months after the sale od my G Pro, neither regarding the shifter (which I really missed!) nor about the trimmed FFB in GT7, etc.

So I've been playing casually for a while with T300 and I've had some thoughts. You buy a T300, hassle-free, enjoyable, affordable, you know what to expect and you just drive. You don't need heavy, solid stands to hold a DD base.

I let various friends who had no experience with steering wheels try it, as well as their children, and they were all impressed with the experience. I'm also thrilled, and I thought that marketing worked its magic on me back then because I only had Direct Drive in mind.

The T300 was supposed to be temporary, but it's staying with me for a long time. Plus, it works with PS3 and sometimes I play GT6 too.

What I'm getting at... seriously consider your purchase and whether you really need DD to be happy.

@Mateusz90
The true advantages of DD are True Force and Full Force on fanatec. I believe it would be impossible to do that on a belt or gear driven wheel. They just would not have the frequency response to deliver it.
Now we just need everyone to support it in all games going forward, I think then you’ll see the difference.

Hi - Three weeks ago I bought the Pro wheel and pedals and am very happy with them (especially compared to my old G25 !).

Unfortunately, at the weekend the wheel started making an annoying vibrating/rattling noise. After a bit of trial and error to try work out what it is causing it I'm pretty sure that it's due to the R3 button becoming loose and resonating at certain frequencies caused by the Trueforce.

I do realise that Trueforce is designed to 'vibrate' the wheel so I'm not complaining about vibration, it's the zingy noise of the button rattling that is actually pretty annoying to put up with and is very noticeable so I'm wondering what to do about it. I know returning the wheel is an option but I'd rather not do that if possible.

I had a quick skim read of this thread and used the search button but can't find reference to this problem. Has anyone else experienced it?

@LOGI_Rich
Is it possible to prise off the R3 button? I don't mind losing that functionality if it stops this 'zinging' noise. I have noticed that it is certainly looser than the other buttons and if I tap it with my finger you can hear it rattle which the other buttons don't do.

A quick video (not the best but hopefully good enough). This was speakers off, Trueforce set to 50% and you can hear how the rattle noise stops when I place my finger on the R3 button to dampen it.

edit : and another short video to show the noise it makes when you tap it with your finger (none of the other buttons do this)

Last edited:
@Skills you're already doing the obvious things to recommend based on what you've previously written. Your wheel is second hand, so we just don't know what the previous owner was doing.

@Podger G923 handles Trueforce with slightly less upper frequency capability than the Pro Wheel - as gear driven systems are still relatively direct the frequencies still get transmitted just fine and the motor drivers in the G923 are a big upgrade from those used in G29/G920. Belt driven systems likely would be more damped due to the less direct nature of the signal transmission due to the rubber belt.

@Flatchat you won't be able to prise it out as the button cap is wider inside in order to prevent exactly that from happening. It wasn't totally clear from the first video that holding the button stopped the "zing" though - a longer press example would be good, whilst holding the same revs. This sounded like ACC and which car you're using also will affect things, but 50% is honestly fairly aggressive due to the frequencies that ACC sends to the wheel. How's it behaving in other titles?

The dial module can be opened using the two screws at the back, but one is very hard to get to due to the clutch paddle and of course with such a new product you should not be expected to do this. Support can send a replacement steering wheel if needed, but let's 100% confirm that the issue is with the button and that there aren't other ways that we can mitigate this.

Last edited:
This sounded like ACC and which car you're using also will affect things, but 50% is honestly fairly aggressive due to the frequencies that ACC sends to the wheel. How's it behaving in other titles?
You have a well-honed ear :lol:

I race with Trueforce at 20% and the rattle is very noticeable but I just turned it up to 50% for the video to try help make the audio clearer. Here's a better video that I just took. It's the Bentley, idling in neutral, again with speakers off so just the Trueforce vibrations that you're hearing. If you turn the volume right up you can hopefully hear the button rattle stop when I put my finger on R3.

The only other title I've tried is GT7 and I'm getting the same issue. I'm 99% sure that I know what the problem is because it's pretty obvious when you feel how loose the R3 button is when compared to the others. I'm just not sure how best to fix it. I suppose I could try taping the button but that's not ideal.

Last edited:
Yep, got it now. So it's one of two options:
  1. Get in touch with support to arrange an exchange of the steering wheel.
  2. Open up the module and put something in there to dampen the button (foam etc.).
Option 1 is of course the preferred option as it means not opening up the product.

No. It’s brand new.
Unless I've mistaken you for someone else, we can't verify that, which is why support are saying it's not covered. As I've mentioned at the top of this page, currently the only place that you can purchase a new console version of the Pro Wheel is from our site*. If the wheel was purchased from elsewhere then the provenance is in question, despite any representations made by that site.

*except in Australia where it can be purchased from The Gamesmen

Unless I've mistaken you for someone else, we can't verify that, which is why support are saying it's not covered. As I've mentioned at the top of this page, currently the only place that you can purchase a new console version of the Pro Wheel is from our site*. If the wheel was purchased from elsewhere then the provenance is in question, despite any representations made by that site.

*except in Australia where it can be purchased from The Gamesmen
So I bought the pedals from Micro Center. Does that mean there’s no warranty on them?

Pedals are available in multiple retailers - it's just the console version of the wheel that is not. Like I said, we can't support any representation made by another site that was selling the wheel as to the product's new status, but I can assure you that we did not supply them with the stock. The site you got it from is a reseller site, hence the doubts about its new status.

Quick question, does the pc version of this wheel work on PS5 with ras1ution 2?
the wheel's compatibility is this... playstation/pc and xbox/pc. There really isn't just a PC version as I understand it. Even the PC ONLY ones you see available online show that it has xbox buttons on the wheel.

the wheel's compatibility is this... playstation/pc and xbox/pc. There really isn't just a PC version as I understand it. Even the PC ONLY ones you see available online show that it has xbox buttons on the wheel.

I have the PC only version (DD11 wheel base). The DD11 does not work with the Xbox or the PS natively. You will need a drivehub... that other thing might work but I don't see the devs actively posting in their thread in this forum so I don't really recommend it.

Quick question, does the pc version of this wheel work on PS5 with ras1ution 2?
I have the pc version of the wheel and use a drivehub to get it working on the PS5. Drivehub has been working very well for me...added bonus is that I can use it to defeat the bs 7-8nm torque cap that PD puts on this wheel. I can't really recommend the ras thing since they aren't active here..... The dev for the drivehub is very active in this thread and also his thread, great dude and great product!

In Belgium they sell the pc only version in different stores

https://www.coolblue.be/nl/product/936044/logitech-g-pro-racestuur-voor-pc.html

https://www.amazon.com.be/-/en/Logitech-Pro-Racing-Wheel-PC/dp/B07W4DHBHR/?tag=gtplanet-20

I have the pc version of the wheel and use a drivehub to get it working on the PS5. Drivehub has been working very well for me...added bonus is that I can use it to defeat the bs 7-8nm torque cap that PD puts on this wheel. I can't really recommend the ras thing since they aren't active here..... The dev for the drivehub is very active in this thread and also his thread, great dude and great product!
Does it emulate the G29 or the real Pro Wheel?

Latest Posts

Back