Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DRIFT GOD
from what ive seen it looks like it is way to easy to DRIFT in GT4 !!!
cars like THIS are cars you wouldnt think you would see people drifting with ;)
well its very easy to just set up a picture to look like you'r drifting, like that benz motor carriage pic a while ago

lol, be care full with ur words, or you could attract some flamers. Most people dont like to see FF and drift in the same sentence

cobragt
gt4 has drivers in the inclosed cars
http://img107.exs.cx/img107/335/driver8dw.jpg
My thread on this was closed sadly, I need to stop acting like a noob damnit!

My guess is that you can only see them while using photodrive or how it's called.. I only see "dark shadow" people in cars, no detailed helmet like that..

Also stupid ; only 1 ai when someone has his top down.. Like in Prologue ; pick the 350Z and you only have 1 ai opponent.

Ive completed 28% now, B-spec is racing some endurance races for me. (i hate them) Didn't find a save function tho, that sucks with the 24 hr Lemans/Nurb.. :/

204 laps left. Fuji 1000 KM, auch. :) Go Sauber, go go gooooooo!

Egghead
Also stupid ; only 1 ai when someone has his top down.. Like in Prologue ; pick the 350Z and you only have 1 ai opponent.
HMMM...this is peculiar, I have seen a screenshot of a six car field, with one of them being an open-topped car.

spawn9999999
HMMM...this is peculiar, I have seen a screenshot of a six car field, with one of them being an open-topped car.

Yeah, sometimes you will see a top down but most of the time you won't see a "topdown car". I don't know why it is like that but it's very very very strange.

cobragt
Any new cars never seen?

Hmm, nope. Got a Ford GT40 race car, Sauber C9 and another car.. Nice cars imo. :P

Fuji 1000 KM will be done in 1 hour. Meeeeeeeh!

Meh, going to do the 24 hr Nurb now.. You get a F1 car if you win it.. speed x3 = 8 hours plus pitting alot = 9 hours.. wouch. :)

Egghead
Yeah, sometimes you will see a top down but most of the time you won't see a "topdown car". I don't know why it is like that but it's very very very strange.

Hmm, nope. Got a Ford GT40 race car, Sauber C9 and another car.. Nice cars imo. :P

Fuji 1000 KM will be done in 1 hour. Meeeeeeeh!

does your car mess up during the race?

askia47
does your car mess up during the race?

When i first played B-spec and used level 5 it would race into the grass 99% of the time.. 4000 b-spec points later and my driver drives perfect (some mistakes, no big ones) on level 5.. It's pretty cool that "he" learns to drive. :)

Sounds great that you can not bother with Endurance races and you can just let B-spec do it. Are there 2 different modes, A & B and you have to do the same races in each or just one arcade and one gt mode and you can either drive races yourself in gt mode or use b-spec. Could you explain A-spec to me?

Mercedes SLR
Sounds great that you can not bother with Endurance races and you can just let B-spec do it. Are there 2 different modes, A & B and you have to do the same races in each or just one arcade and one gt mode and you can either drive races yourself in gt mode or use b-spec. Could you explain A-spec to me?

Hmm, i don't really understand your question but i will give it a shot.

In GT mode you can choose A-spec (You drive) or (B-Spec, AI drives your car). You give him orders (pass, pit in etc) so you can do other things (i'm drinking beer now ;) ). But hooo! Wait.

You can't go to sleep while B-spec is racing for you. When the car pits in (he does it for himself if you don't give him the order to pit) you have to press x (confirm the options like changing tyres). If you don't do that the car will just stay in the pits and do nothing. It's nice that PD added that so you still are "needed" to win the race.

In the Arcade mode you can also choose A or B-spec. It's the same but you don't win anything.

You have to unlock every track/car in GT mode so playing Arcade is pretty stupid untill you unlocked every track. Don't worry, you will unlock them fast. (i got them all unlocked @ 25%). Unlocking cars takes years. You have to win them or buy them.

For the really dull and long races i use b-spec (i hate races with 10+ laps, 5 is already too much imo..).

Edit : lol, after 7 rounds on the Nurb i already lapped 3 cars and the other 2 are 6 minutes behind. Sauber C9 vs DTM cars hehe. My Sauber will be really messed up after all the Endurance races. =)

askia47
cool, B-spec sounds like its pretty to look at.

Yup, I agree! And its gonna be great for those super long endurance race. As much as I really want to do 24 hours of the ring, it's just not really practical (without a save option) what with work etc..

I know you can't save in Endurance races, but can you switch between A-Spec and B-Spec while actually in the race?

Egg Head. Is it really that difficult to drive a powerful car (400+ hp) with no aids? Much more difficult than GT3?

Wow, I hope this game doesnt turn into a game where DFP or similer steering wheel is needed 💡

;) Cheers usernamed

XPLOSV
Egg Head. Is it really that difficult to drive a powerful car (400+ hp) with no aids? Much more difficult than GT3?

Wow, I hope this game doesnt turn into a game where DFP or similer steering wheel is needed 💡

;) Cheers usernamed

Hehe, yeah. Sometimes it's hard. Shelby Cobra.. wow, good luck with that one. :)

I play the game with the DS2 controller and it works great. I also have the wheel but i don't play with it. I'm waiting for my S-video cable so i have much better quality when i play GT4 "on the monitor". (no place for the wheel when i'm playing it on the TV)

askia47
Egghead, are you satified with GT4 after all this negative talk is going around?

I'm satisfied. Sure, the game isn't perfect but it is really fun to play most of the time.

My rants ; Rally/Snow is nothing more then bumping all the walls (i had no problems in GT3, it has nothing to do with the new physics. It's so boring..), there are alot more cups with 8+ laps per track (and i hate that) and the stupid AI.

Most of the negative talk is just BS imho. Too much biatching about some silly little things that 99% of the player won't even notice or care about.

Was it worth the 80 euros in total? Yes. Will i buy the PAL version when it comes out in this shape? No, not again.

That's correct. I don't think there is a reason to buy the same game twice. I don't care about english because the Chinese version isn't hard to understand/play. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back