SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), "PS5 Users Preferred", Monthly Series on Fridays, 9pm est - Join Us!!Open 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 705 comments
PSN ID: SomnusMor
GTPlanet ID: SomnusMor
Car Number: 14
PS5 Platform: Yes!
Welcome aboard and glad to see you joined us for Friday night racing. We have 2 events to go of this current season in the Porsches until we take it to the American V8 Supercars. With that said, this is a great opportunity to get on track and get a feel for the racing and the intensity typical in our series over these last 2 events.
Please see the time trial instructions noted in the 1st post of this thread and forward your results when complete. Any regulation adjustments will be made, if necessary, and possibley a 2nd TT if needed to confirm the changes.
Feel free to see the livery requirements section to get started on you livery. Render using the black class color details, but your final class color details may change base on your tt results and class placement.

And finally, be sure to confirm as soon as possible for all events you know you are available to attend. Spots are on a 1st to confirm basis and then go into reserves. Right now, we do still have 4 spots remaining for our event at St Croix.....not too late to get a spot on the grid. Again, welcome, and looking forward to racing with you soon.

Welcome aboard and glad to see you joined us for Friday night racing. We have 2 events to go of this current season in the Porsches until we take it to the American V8 Supercars. With that said, this is a great opportunity to get on track and get a feel for the racing and the intensity typical in our series over these last 2 events.
Please see the time trial instructions noted in the 1st post of this thread and forward your results when complete. Any regulation adjustments will be made, if necessary, and possibley a 2nd TT if needed to confirm the changes.
Feel free to see the livery requirements section to get started on you livery. Render using the black class color details, but your final class color details may change base on your tt results and class placement.

And finally, be sure to confirm as soon as possible for all events you know you are available to attend. Spots are on a 1st to confirm basis and then go into reserves. Right now, we do still have 4 spots remaining for our event at St Croix.....not too late to get a spot on the grid. Again, welcome, and looking forward to racing with you soon.
The timings have been sent using the Pro-AM PP ratings. I'm working on finalizing the livery and I'll send that over as well once I'm happy with it.

As of now I'd like to confirm for St. Croix grid and final grid.

Really looking forward to the series and the upcoming AV8S series as well. Greatly appreciate the coordination and the work that's going in to this. It was enjoyable to watch the replay listed from Bathurst.

Livery was sent to Nova for approval through PSN. I'll drop a side profile here too.
IMG_2565.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys I’ve been super sick the last week and a half with a fever, chills, loss of smell and taste and have not been able to get any practice in. I’m still hoping this improves by Friday, but just wanted to give you a heads up that I may not be able to race this round.
I’m drinking tons of fluids and trying eat when I can so hopefully I’m good by Friday.
I’ll confirm Friday morning/afternoon.

Guys I’ve been super sick the last week and a half with a fever, chills, loss of smell and taste and have not been able to get any practice in. I’m still hoping this improves by Friday, but just wanted to give you a heads up that I may not be able to race this round.
I’m drinking tons of fluids and trying eat when I can so hopefully I’m good by Friday.
I’ll confirm Friday morning/afternoon.
Feel better bro!

Update:
I am feeling a bit better but the tiredness is going to be the deciding factor for me.
@llNovall I think I need to drop out of tonight’s race….if for some reason I’m feeling well enough to race later I’ll let you know, and if there room I’ll join, but to be safe mark me as out for tonight

Update:
I am feeling a bit better but the tiredness is going to be the deciding factor for me.
@llNovall I think I need to drop out of tonight’s race….if for some reason I’m feeling well enough to race later I’ll let you know, and if there room I’ll join, but to be safe mark me as out for tonight
At this point Dub, we are under the 16 grid spots used, at 15 PS5, and 1 PS4 driver. Your spot is secure up 9:05pm est. Hope you feel better, and possibly can grab a nap to make it. St Croix is known to be some of the best racing with these Porsches.

Update:
Rest well and take care ! See you next month or on any given sunday in the regular SNAIL series.

Event #5 spotters guide png.png

Event #5 Drivers Meeting

Grid Business
Good evening to everyone who will be attending tonight's event at Sainte Croix Layout B. Apologies for the late drivers meeting...again, some very busy weeks. We have 15 PS5 drivers confrimed to race, with one PS4 driver available to round out the grid. (@Yugofan )

ALL drivers should submit their spec sheets to my PSN: NOVA-0479 between the time that the room opens and the start of qualifying.
I'd ask all drivers to make sure they are running a wired connection in any way possible and to clear their network cache before entering the race room to avoid any issues. It seems the online lobbies run based on the slowest running system and/or internet speed in the room....basically throttles everyone down which appears to cause the instability we have experienced in the past. Let's try to head off any of these issues and optimize everything on our own ends that we can to help. For those with faster internet service speeds (over 200mbps+), it seems there are less issues with stability. For those on slower internet speeds or forced to run wirelessly, their network appears to be affected more when other in the household are online and pulling from the service speed. See this link to optimize your network priority for the gaming, and try to reduce internet usage (if possible) elsewhere in the house when racing.

Get them final practice laps in, and be ready for tonight.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots, and we have 24 drivers on the PS5 roster, 15 for tonight. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Sainte Croix:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line...they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Tight Sections on the S's and especially before the bridge: There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these section, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to gp side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for Sainte Croix B.

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Here is the confirmation list:

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:
See chart above for driver regulations and grid priority status.
The driver list below is not the priority order, only driver tagging for the post.
NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
18. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
19. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
20. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)
21. DUB-L-DEE / @DublDee (#44)
22. L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)
23. F1vargas / @f1vargas (#27)
24. SomnusMor / @SomnusMor (#14)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster/2nd Series Roster
(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)

Last edited:
Who's got or going to have a room open. I have had zero laps since running a few to set the weather conditions 4 weeks ago....got get some crash course lapping in before race time.
Practice lobby is open

*spec sheet is sent @ 7:13PM

**oops, will submit spec sheet in the room, sorry. need to read gooder

Last edited:
If you didn't see the message on PSN. I'm going to bail on tonight. I practiced for two weeks even trying other setups to where I felt comfortable and quick, only to jump into a lobby with you guys and be consistently a second and a half to 2 seconds behind, I'm not going to have any fun. I must just suck with this new Porsche for some reason. Odd thing is when I put it on sport softs I can actually feel what the car is doing, but I know that's a death sentence 😂

Back