SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), "PS5 Users Preferred", Monthly Series on Fridays, 9pm est - Join Us!!Open 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 702 comments
View attachment 1329367
(in order of Championship Final Season Standings after Event #3)
Award Recognition
Checkered Flag = Single Race Wins
Track Map Outline = Overall Event Wins

Post Race Report and Scoring
Event #3 at Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca saw some great battles across both races. Some elbows were out, but overall the racing was intense and in the rules.
Race 1 was a damage control race for me. I was swamped in the opening lap and fell a few places from my qualifying position, but after recovering, I was able to regain and take back the positions lost and gained one for a 6th place finish. LI attempted to close the distance on @Bologna_Duc for 5th place, but every bit I gained, he was able to take back. Outside of the attempt to gain on him, overall, the race was uneventful for me once the field spread out.
Race 2 was a trial of patience and accepting a good position. I worked my way up into 4th place over the course of Race 2 with my teammate, Raul in the 3rd place. I had the pace to catch up and even challenge for the final podium spot, but with attackers from behind, I decided to hold ground for the team effort and maintained a defensive stance to keep both of us in the top positions. The strategy held strong allowing us to finish 3 and 4 for Race 2.
Overall, I was happy with the end result being tied in points with Raul for a 5th place overall finish, edged out by the tie-breaking higher finish postion of Raul.
Those were my races with many more battles and details left to be explained. Race broadcasts will be available for viewing, but you can view the actual replays through the search tag: snailgt3cup. Feel free to elaborate on any battle/exchanges you may have shared in Event #3

Very minimal to non-existant lag/jittering was present across the field....great night for racing

Now for Scoring:
Congratulations to @Kgffy on the Overall Win on the night. With 2nd and 7th place finishes across the event night, again, this is a testament that just outright winning is not the only possible way to earn an overall win on the night, but that consistency is what can afford anyone the possiblity...Well Done :cheers:

Also, Congratulations to our Top 3 Overall:
1st: @Kgffy
2nd: @socalnatv / Sand_68
3rd: @Worst_Driver / GTP_Worstdriver

Awards:
@Kgffy , please apply a "white" track map decal of Laguna Seca to your driver side quarter window in recognition of your overall Event #3 win.
@socalnatv and @Worst_Driver , please apply the checkered flag decal linked below in recognition of each of you winning a race in Event #3.>>>> Awards Link for Details and Decals
Series main Spotters Guide and Driver Profile page has been updated in order of driver standings with award tags and overall podium placemnet acknowledgements.>>>Driver Profile Page and Spotter's Guide

Below is the PP Regulation changes after Event #3. Drivers with changes noted, please adjust and tune accordingly.
Race Lobby PP Max Regulation for Event #4 remains set to 741.00 PP
(Please be sure to set Max PP correctly, as noted above, for practice lobbies to allow those drivers with concessions to enter)

Next Event (#4) Driver Regulations is noted in the far right column.
View attachment 1329364

Race 1 and 2 Replay Broadcasts to be linked
To be Linked << Link

Next Event:
Date: March 8th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: Mount Panorama
Conditions: Sunset, S07, Humid and Pleasent with a Few Clouds
Laps: 15 laps per race
Target Lap Times: mid to hi 2:03's
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)
Additional details in the next post

Great racing everyone. Looking forward to our next event. We already have 14 drivers confirmed for Event #4. Be sure to confirm your attendance to secure reserve priority for our next event. See you guys for some practice over the coming weeks.
1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
18. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
19. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
20. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)
21. DUB-L-DEE / @DublDee (#44)
22. L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)
23. F1vargas / @f1vargas (#27)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster/2nd Series Roster
(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#96)

With this result on event 1 i belive champinship is defined already.
Is 70 máximum possible score per event?
Sand rules.

Attachments

• IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
With this result on event 1 i belive champinship is defined already.
Is 70 máximum possible score per event?
Sand rules.
Never say never. The part your not taking into account is that on each podium, he is taking hits on PP allowance. He's down to 721.00 which will eventually throttle him back and force him to push harder... the harder you push, the higher risk of incident. The last 3 events will be interesting. On another note, look at the point race for 4th place...shaping up quite nicely.

Altights Gents,
Inside of 10 days to race night. Sitting at 14 drivers confirmed with 2 PS4 drivers on the ready. If able and interested in racing on Friday, March 8th, be sure to confirm to secure your priority on the grid.
Screenshot_20240227_223458_Sheets.jpg

NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

2.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
3.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
4.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
5.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)

Altights Gents,
Inside of 10 days to race night. Sitting at 14 drivers confirmed with 2 PS4 drivers on the ready. If able and interested in racing on Friday, March 8th, be sure to confirm to secure your priority on the grid.
View attachment 1332264
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

(no priority order)

2.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
3.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
4.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
5.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)
[/QUOT
up
Confirming availability if spots open

Last edited:
Heads up I have standby this whole week, so there’s possibility I get called out Friday, likely not but I’m planning too still race unless u want me too give up spot for reserve driver. @llNovall

Heads up I have standby this whole week, so there’s possibility I get called out Friday, likely not but I’m planning too still race unless u want me too give up spot for reserve driver. @llNovall
Nah, no need to give up your spot. We are at 15 drivers confirmed with 3 PS4 reserves ready. Keep me posted as race time nears and if you cannot make it, we will slot in a reserve. Thanks for heads up.

@JDMKING13
I’m going to guess that if you could run those lap times consistently for 15 laps, you’ll do just fine.
I ran a 2:02.500, but I couldn’t put 2 of those laps together if my life depended on it, so kinda useless imo.

Last edited:
@JDMKING13
I’m going to guess that if you could run those lap times consistently for 15 laps, you’ll do just fine.
I ran a 2:02.500, but I couldn’t put 2 of those laps together if my life depended on it, so kinda useless imo.
Yea If I can do it for 10 straight laps then I count it. 2:02.5 is insane though!! I cannot get the beginning downhill section though I’m so iffy throughout it ughh.

I just hope there's someone running at my slow pace haha. I have never been able to get around this track. Either my setup or this car just doesn't like to brake and turn.

Event #4 Drivers Meeting

Grid Business
Good evening to everyone who will be attending tonight's event at Mount Panorama. Apologies for the late drivers meeting...very busy few weeks. We have a less than full grid confirmed for tonight with plenty of room. Any PS4 Reserves, please be on standby.

ALL drivers should submit their spec sheets to my PSN: NOVA-0479 between the time that the room opens and the start of qualifying.
I'd ask all drivers to make sure they are running a wired connection in any way possible and to clear their network cache before entering the race room to avoid any issues. It seems the online lobbies run based on the slowest running system and/or internet speed in the room....basically throttles everyone down which appears to cause the instability we have experienced in the past. Let's try to head off any of these issues and optimize everything on our own ends that we can to help. For those with faster internet service speeds (over 200mbps+), it seems there are less issues with stability. For those on slower internet speeds or forced to run wirelessly, their network appears to be affected more when other in the household are online and pulling from the service speed. See this link to optimize your network priority for the gaming, and try to reduce internet usage (if possible) elsewhere in the house when racing.

Get them final practice laps in, and be ready for tonight.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots, and we have 23 drivers on the PS5 roster, 15 for tonight. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Mount Panorama:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line...they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Ticht Sections on the Mountain: There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these section, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to gp side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for MountPanorama.

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Here is the confirmation list:
Screenshot_20240308_195220_Sheets.jpg

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:
See chart above for driver regulations and grid priority status.
The driver list below is not the priority order, only driver tagging for the post.
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

(no priority order)

2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)

Back