Vice City Record Book V3.0

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 2,075 comments
My Stats

Everything = 0

dammit, i need to play this game more so i can get some high records, but one of the misiions wont load :irked:

WAY OFF TOPIC BUT--

Just having adjustment pains--figuring out how to do stuff-- I was using Windows 98SE--

Microsoft can't make anything withoug bugs/security flaws--

Here are examples of annoyances--

I like to have the modem speaker off when I dial up my ISP but my wife likes hers on. On windows 98 we can have seperate settings for this. In XP, if you change one, the other changes.

My PC came with 6 months of Earthlink internet access (with pop up blocker)-- I went to update my McAffee antivirus software-- won't update with popup blocker running-- couldn't figure out how to disable this (not in program tray)-- I finally set up a manual ISP dialup login, started up internet explorer by itself-- and pop up blocker did not load--was able to update.

Played a video file in media player-- they added a thing to save it to a CD burner--I wanted to save it to my hard drive--wouldn't let me (at least in the minute or two I tried I couldn't)--I can probably save it (it was likely in a temp file) but just couldn't do it in media player.

The program tray has the moving divider thing (hides your program icons)-- is a pain.

Internet explorer--doesn't show the address of links at bottom if you place your mouse over link

I backed up bunch of stuff on my old PC using MSBACKUP--its good that XP doesn't come with that installed (or does it even work on XP) so now I have to restore files on my old PC (after I figure out how to repair my old operating system) and then burn them onto a disk directly and then transfer-- burn a few hundred files instead of one big file.

alternately--Does anyone know if you can copy files directly via a USB or Serial cable between a windows 98 and an XP system

I know I'll figure out these things but WTF are they changing the stuff.

Hasn't locked up on me.....YET-- but I'm sure MS won't (WILL) let me down.

:banghead:

Updated rankings-- I was bored-- distance travelled categories are added.

I will likely update again this weekend.

Spuds

Attachments

• hallfame.jpg
    hallfame.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 45
FINALLY!!! :D

CR 1,000,000
Time 397:59

Here are my current stats that count toward CR

People Wasted 433,579
Helicopters 9177
Accuracy 285%
Money $999,999,999
Criminals killed on Vig. 178,961

Attachments

• spudsgf.jpg
    spudsgf.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 43
Here's some fireworks to celebrate your achievement.

KM.

[edited to add better fireworks animation]

Attachments

• fireworks.gif
    fireworks.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 70
Originally posted by Spuds725
PCJ-- very unforgiving when you wreck :banghead: -- my turns were pretty bad but I nailed the straight sections (finally)

PCJ? Same here. It's the only way to get a good time. But when you crash, you cash spectucularly.

KM.

My mates wasted 999999999 peds. :eek:

I know you wont believe me, but im gonna get a pic out of him if its the last thing i do.

He had a pic on his phone, but ill make him get one. :banghead:

Originally posted by Hell No

I know you wont believe me, but im gonna get a pic out of him if its the last thing i do.

I don't believe that for a second. Spuds and Acidman have killed 400,000 - 500,000 people each and they've knocked up 400-500 hours. 999,999,999 is 2000 times greater. If you played Vice City 24 hours a day every day since it was released you couldn't possibly kill that many people. If you killed 20,000 people an hour (way above what I've even heard anyone suggest is possible) it would take 50,000 hours. That's over 2000 days. That's over 5 years of non-stop playing.

KM.

Fires extinguished - 428.

Plus, Im pretty close to 100%.

If I play for about 3-4 hours tonight, Ill hit 100%. :D Can't wait.

Whats left for 100%

Most unique stunts and 8 hidden packages.

*cough* Gameshark *cough*

Hey im not the lyer here, just to clear that up, im just saying what ive seen.

Can you do that on a gameshark? I wouldnt of thought so as it is pointless for a cheat.

P.s, he stayed in for like the whole six weeks hold playing it.

Hell No, he did use a Gameshark. There is no way in hell you could kill that many people. There is an option the gameshark has that allows you to max out your number of kills.

Hey im not the lyer here, just to clear that up, im just saying what ive seen.

Can you do that on a gameshark? I wouldnt of thought so as it is pointless for a cheat.

P.s, he stayed in for like the whole six weeks hold playing it.

I just did up a quick calculation and you would have to kill almost seven million people every single hour for six weeks solid to kill that many people. That's two thousand a second!

It's obviously a GameShark cheat.

KM.

:eek: jesus fu**ing christ.

Ill have a chat with him.

He just told me that he had it the day it came out and you should think about the ppl he wsted then. (i no he had it the day it came out)

Just saying. :D

Trust me he is sad to sit there all day every day for like ages.

He even said that to me.

Actually you'd have to kill 275 people a second to get that many kills in six weeks of non-stop playing, I got my calculations all screwed up. But it doesn't matter, it's still obviously a cheat.

And it wouldn't matter if he'd bought it the day it came out.

When was it out, October 2002? That's roughly 500 days till now.

Let's say he's got no life whatsoever and plays it for 10 hours every single day. That means he'd have 5000 hours played at most. 999,999,999 (a billion less one) people killed in 5000 hours works out at an average of 200,000 an hour. That's 3000 a minute. Think about that. That's just not physically possible.

Nope, this is definitely a a GameShark cheat that boosted the number to it's max.

KM.

Yeah. But why would they have such a cheat for that?

Im gonna look for codes for them. Anyone know any sites?

It's not a built-in code. You buy a GameShark and plug it into your PS2. With it you can make all sorts of cheats by typing in codes. I don't know much about them really. I've never even seen one. But that's the general idea.

KM.

Back