What’s the deal with electric cars

• Thread starter Rapid Ray
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi, mad GT fan. I don’t understand why you would want or race any of the EV cars. The battery runs out after 1 or 2 laps. Am I missing something????

Rsqyc8.gif

The Tesla and Taycan are fun. Electric cars in real life can be fun. Stop trying not to have fun.

I haven't ran any races where they've ran out of battery.

Dont get it. Ive tried plenty of races with EV cars and most cant go 2 laps in most events. Only time they last is in time trials etc. when fuel and tire wear doesnt count.

Dont get it. Ive tried plenty of races with EV cars and most cant go 2 laps in most events. Only time they last is in time trials etc. when fuel and tire wear doesnt count.
The vast majority of single player events don't have fuel use or tire wear on. You can use the Tesla or Taycan in any race they fit into and they'll run forever. If you try to use them in a race with fuel they will deplete, but they can be charged in the pits just like any gas car fuels up.

Did you make an account here just to vent about electric cars? Because this is a well worn path that's been trodden in many threads. Some people don't like EVs... great. Me and other people like things that drive well, and some EVs drive well, so we enjoy them for what they are.

There doesn't need to be a whole thread for this.

The vast majority of single player events don't have fuel use or tire wear on. You can use the Tesla or Taycan in any race they fit into and they'll run forever. If you try to use them in a race with fuel they will deplete, but they can be charged in the pits just like any gas car fuels up.

Did you make an account here just to vent about electric cars? Because this is a well worn path that's been trodden in many threads. Some people don't like EVs... great. Me and other people like things that drive well, and some EVs drive well, so we enjoy them for what they are.

There doesn't need to be a whole thread for this.
Hey mate! I just came across this particular web site about 15 minutes ago and registered because I have found it quite informative. I don’t know “the rules” in regards to asking questions or “starting threads” but I certainly found an arrogant “smart arse” pretty quickly though. Forgive me for not knowing all this is to know about this web site in the space of 5 minutes. If the rest of the people on this site have your attitude then I think I’ll give it the flick!!!!

They don't work too well when there's high fuel multipliers for the race. Makes sense really as they usually outdrag everything with similar power but your 2 laps of range sounds way too heavy a handicap.

There is a mission "human comedy 1hour deep forest" in which the Taycan Turbo is putting quite the good pace - and as a player you can win this event with this car.

But generally you could try to use them in races in which pitting is not required, where their major downside (low range) isnt such a big problem.

There are only two decent EVs that can be used in mini endurance races such as the 800 pp Sardegna and 1-hr Spa.

1. Audi e-Tron VGT
2. Hyundai VGT (base version; not the the Gr.1)

I would recommend the Audi for the 800 pp races while the Hyundai for 900 pp and above. Both cars have excellent range. The Audi does have a weak spot and that's its tire wear (obviously because it is heavy). I do the Spa race on RM tires and I had to pit on Lap 5 yet it still has juice left. Other than that, it's an excellent choice for an EV race car and has the pace of a Gr. 2 car.

The Hyundai? It does take a little bit of practice to get used to, when dealing with understeer but it is also a solid contender for both 900 and 950 pp events.

I don't like EV's either, but there are loads of other cars to choose from. It's only in the occasional time trial or one of the race A's a few months ago where you have to use them, I think?

You can run EVs in the Tokyo WTC600 as well

For clean run go for the Audi VGT and Porsche VGT (both versions)
They take the race in different way, Power (Porsche) vs Duration (Audi)

The Audi's battery could last about 11.5 laps, so you need a bit coasting for regeneration.

The Porsche need a 2 stops run. But the instant torque and acceleration can overcome the time lost.

If you don't mind something dirty (wall riding), the Tesla Model 3 are capable.
Didn't try the Taycan wall ride run, but it performs similar so maybe?

If you interested in the two newcomers, sadly NO for clean run.
Sony car lack in top speed
Skoda got too much downforce for 600pp and slightly not enough Range (only 3.5 laps)

Ive tried plenty of races with EV cars and most cant go 2 laps in most events.
This is fundamentally untrue, as most races in GT7 don't have fuel consumption enabled.

In those that do, it depends on the fuel consumption multiplier and track length, but I doubt the majority of those have a high enough multiplier and a long enough circuit to see the battery expire before two laps, and you can "refuel" them in the pits anyway. Certainly - as pointed out in other replies - the Porsche Taycan Turbo S goes far enough in the hour-long Human Comedy Mission at Deep Forest (with a 2x fuel consumption multiplier) to be in contention for the win, and that has a 97kWh (usable) battery pack supplying over 700hp of motors.

In races without fuel consumption, especially those with a PP cap, electric vehicles can be quite powerful as they have significantly more torque at a similar power-to-weight ratio (PP is based on some innate value modified by power, weight, downforce, and tyres) than combustion-engined vehicles. The downside is they can be a bit hobbled on straights as not many have sufficiently long gearing - until you get to the madcap, 1000hp+ things.

The pool of EVs that can't enter either road car PP events or the VGT events is I think just the ID.R? Which yeah, that thing's battery life means you can't do much with it other than hotlapping, but that's true of that car in real life too.

Hi, mad GT fan. I don’t understand why you would want or race any of the EV cars. The battery runs out after 1 or 2 laps. Am I missing something????
Yes, you're missing the fact that most races in GT7 don't involve fuel consumption and if they do, the battery typically lasts longer than 2 laps
Forgive me for not knowing all this is to know about this web site in the space of 5 minutes. If the rest of the people on this site have your attitude then I think I’ll give it the flick!!!!
May I suggest looking at both the game and this website for more than 5 minutes before acting? Could also change your name from "Rapid Ray" to "Thoughtful Ray". Just a suggestion.

Hey mate! I just came across this particular web site about 15 minutes ago and registered because I have found it quite informative. I don’t know “the rules” in regards to asking questions or “starting threads” but I certainly found an arrogant “smart arse” pretty quickly though. Forgive me for not knowing all this is to know about this web site in the space of 5 minutes. If the rest of the people on this site have your attitude then I think I’ll give it the flick!!!!
Hey dude! Welcome to the community!

Like any forum on the internet, you're going to find people who are very opinionated and dismissive, and unfortunately some tenured members can be a bit short when they see the same question posted. Just let it slide off your back though. As for the sites "rules", there are guidelines posted and as far as I can see asking a question doesn't break any rules. Sure, it's a question that's been asked before and you could use the search function to see if it has, but it doesn't actually hurt anyone if you ask it again and/or start a fresh discussion on it.

The site has mods and administrators, and you can tell them apart as they'll have their role next to their username. Anyone else is just mini-modding and can generally be ignored if they're being pushy.

For your query though - GT, while seen as a racing game, is more about the cars. Yes you can race the cars, but it's also about the experience of driving a virtual representation. The EVs may not be a good choice for serious races due to their battery limitations, but you can always turn off fuel and just see what it's like to drive one without range-anxiety.

They're there for you to do what you want with.

And lastly - welcome to the community!

Last edited:
Back