Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Quiz Thread

• Thread starter Acidman
  • 755 comments
Bingo! Found it pretty quickly.

Attachments

• regnaD.JPG
    regnaD.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
Ah, see? I knew it, I was right-freakin' there, but in the PS2 version you only get to see a bunch of scribbles on those signs.
Lousy, super powerful PC graphics...

Lol, I seen it on the PS2...I'd seen it before, and I only just got PC version. :lol:

Who is the lady that talks on the CB Radio for Kaufman Cabs?

Almost....

It rhymes with a female body part......

Delores-- in real life her name is Deborah Harry...usta be the lead singer for the band Blondie (heard on the Wave in VC).

And before anyone asks-- I did know that Deborah Harry did her voice, I had to look up her characters name for the game.

Spuds

How many different flying vehicles are there in the game??—not just different types of flying vehicles, but the total number of flying vehicles.The vehicle has to not touch the ground to count—so the flying saucer at the film studio does not count

Spuds.

Jimmy Enslashay

(gotta hate that 10 character limit don't you?)

Not even close-- remember--its not the number of different types-- its the total flying vehicles in the game (not counting ones that respawn if the original is destroyed or removed). Some only appear in 1 mission.

Hint: Greater then 10, but less then 50.

10--- too low
30--- too high
42--- too high

Why are you guys guessing-- I spent 5 minutes and counted them all in my head and wrote them all out (hopefully I didn't forget any).

Range is now between 10 and 30---

More hints-- some of the flying vehicles are not solid (you can see but not touch them)--the PARKED planes at the airport don't leave the ground, so I did not count these. The hard part (to me) was counting the ones that only appear in missions.

Another hint-- since the sea skimmer appears in the mission "dildo dodo and then spawns in that same location after, I only counted it once.

I'm not going to say higher or lower this time but one of you is very close-- the last three guesses were: 18, 23, 26

I would prefer the winner list them so I know its not a guess-- but there is no rule on this and I did not ask for it originally, so first correct answer wins...

Spuds

well theres the dodo with the sign,
the skimmer,
the sea sparrow
the blimp that's fixed to the game
the helicopters w/out moving blades,
the sparrow
maverick
VCN maverick
police maverick

airplane,
seaplane,
blimp
helicopter
sea helicopter
police helicopter
tv helicopter

that's 16 different kinds and types. just a guess tho

menglan
well theres the dodo with the sign,
the skimmer,
the sea sparrow
the blimp that's fixed to the game
the helicopters w/out moving blades,
the sparrow
maverick
VCN maverick
police maverick

airplane,
seaplane,
blimp
helicopter
sea helicopter
police helicopter
tv helicopter

that's 16 different kinds and types. just a guess tho

Sea skimmer and seaplane are the same
Blimp and blimp are the same
Sea helicopter and sea sparrow are the same
vcn maverick and tv helicopter are the same

--unless I'm missing one-- is there a non-solid tv helicopter that flies around on its own like the random flying police heli that flies around????

Anybody can answer this for me--I don't remember if there is one or not; if so I need to add one to my count--

Menglans guess is significantly too low (since 3 or 4 are doubles)

Another Hint-- there are multiple remote control flying vehicles in the game--- also the question is not just types, its the total number in the game

-- fixed spawn location ones, mission ones (that you may not necessarily be flying), and random flying ones.

Spuds

the copter in pnohm penh 86
RC baron
2 hunter spots
RC helicopter
blimp
4 sparrow locations
sea sparrow
VCN maverick
skimmer
the skimmer from the mission?
police maverick
police maverick with fixed blades
2 maverick locations
the RC copter from Avery's mission
dodo with the sign

21. or 22 if you count the police helicopter that shoots at you when you have 3 stars. AND the 4 or 5 helicopters in all hands on deck, the hunter and the mavericks that drop the CIA so 26 or 27. 28 if you add the jets that take off from escobar and 29 if you count the maverick in the opening video when you start a new game.

I said in this post that I only counted the sea skimmer once (since it appears in the same place after that mission).

I did not count the heli in the opening cut scene (I guess this is arguablly in the game so I will add it)

There are not 4 nor 5 helis in all hands on deck.

I did count the police heli that shoots at you at 3 stars.

I did count the jet that leaves the ground at the airport (if you watch it, it flies around, lands, turns around, and takes off again and it is not solid).

Your list is correct but not complete

Also, I hate to do this but I just realized that there were several more then I originally wrote down-- so the range restrictions I put in before are no longer valid-- range is now 15-42 (was 15-30 before)

None of your guesses were correct BTW.

Blake

Your guess when I was still putting out ranges was 42, the top end of the range I put down was 15-30 (I was off in my original count as I missed several that appear in missions and I did not count the one in the opening cut scene).

If you can’t figure it out yet—the total is greater then 30 now—I’m reasonably certain I have the correct number now….once again…sorry .

Please someone answer this…I’m tired of this question.

Back