100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
route_66
Welcome to the Club. Can you post your status screen? It's not that I don't trust you, I'd just like to make sure noone can question your achievements.

Can you tell me how? I am not very good with computers, I am just learning.

slotcarrod
Can you tell me how? I am not very good with computers, I am just learning.

If you don't have a video capture card (I'm guessing you don't) you'll need a digital camera - if you've got one then take a photo of the TV showing the status screen, save it on your pc, then go to a picture host like photobucket and upload the picture. Then you'll be able to link to it in a post like my one in the first post of this thread.

If you don't have a card or a camera, then you can't take a picture- but I'll let you in anyway, I'll just have to put "unverified" on the list. Don't take any offence, it doesn't mean I don't believe you.

Well... technically I've hit 102,090p at 95.7%.

So, I made it. [whew]. Will post proof soon enough.

Too busy trying to figure out a good car for the Nurb 4! :sly:

jdw

Congrats - the ASL Garaiya is a great car for the Nurb 4

Moloch_horridus
Congrats - the ASL Garaiya is a great car for the Nurb 4

Thanks!!! It sure took long enough. When you joinin? :dopey:

It is, it is... except for a couple of problems.
1) It's been used already.
2) You really need to downgrade the tires or add ballast.
3) You still need to go against some fairly stiff competition for the points.

The 111R is probably even better than the Garaiya but I can't get 200p with it. At least not stock :(

Yes, I'm overly picky but I prefer variety whenever possible and leave it stock if I can. :sly:

So far, the Stratos and the RX-8 look like they'll work.
Was about to give the job to the Delorean until I realized it comes stock w/S3s!

Fair enough - good to see.

Currently on 62,000 so it will be a while - too many other committments 👎 . However I have just managed to raise my average points to 175 👍 so I know I can get there!

jdw

Congratulations! you're in (Think I can trust you, but stick the proof up anyway).

msako
It's very tough to beat the F1s for 200 points. I messed around with this for awhile and it was pretty fruitless.
Actually, I just tested and found out that if you ballast the F1 to +200kg, and minimize the downforce, it gets a 200 point race. I didn't tweak anything afterword, but you could probably get 200 with less penalty.

Sven
Actually, I just tested and found out that if you ballast the F1 to +200kg, and minimize the downforce, it gets a 200 point race. I didn't tweak anything afterword, but you could probably get 200 with less penalty.

I think the Formula gets 161p w/200kg ballast. That leaves 39p.

How much do you have to reduce the DF? How much does it affect the performance of the car? Have you tried it out?

I have tried minimising DF on the Camaro LM Race Car - it was a huge points boost - got me 186 where previously I think I was in the 120s - so I think 39 would be an easy ask. On those cars where I have reduced DF (Wedsport Celica and the Camaro) I have not noticed too much of a drop in performance. It seems less of a drop than dropping a tyre class.

I think for the F1 Cup I will minimise DF and then see exactly how much weight is required, but will have to get me one of those F1s first.

jdw
I think the Formula gets 161p w/200kg ballast. That leaves 39p.

How much do you have to reduce the DF? How much does it affect the performance of the car? Have you tried it out?

Using 200 ballast and setting the downforce at 60/74 gets 200 points in the F1. In my completely unscientific testing, it will cost you about 3-4 seconds per lap in performance vs. default settings. I do believe (I can't remember exactly) that I used these settings to get 200 pts in the F1 series races. Hope this helps.

route_66
If you don't have a video capture card (I'm guessing you don't) you'll need a digital camera - if you've got one then take a photo of the TV showing the status screen, save it on your pc, then go to a picture host like photobucket and upload the picture. Then you'll be able to link to it in a post like my one in the first post of this thread.

If you don't have a card or a camera, then you can't take a picture- but I'll let you in anyway, I'll just have to put "unverified" on the list. Don't take any offence, it doesn't mean I don't believe you.

Thanks 66

I am going to give it a try. 👍

Moloch_horridus
And with a 100% win ratio 👍 you must have spent more time resetting than you did playing! (j/k).

Now you just need to polish off those other 60 odd gold licenses. That shouldn't cause you too much grief with a record like that.

Thanks

I did not have to reset much, just for the hard ones. In most cases I knew what I was up against and came to the fight with a gun not a knife.

As for the gold: After M34, I can do anything! :) I think we have 2 years before GT5. I want to enjoy the game, so I am in no rush to get all the golds right now, but I will get them.

Just wondering, to you guys who have reached 100,000pts, how many hours do you think its taken? Im currently at just over 50,000pts but with work I am only managing to get to play about an hour a day?
I'd like to be one of the first 20 past the post but how long thats going to take I don't know.

RIGESP
Just wondering, to you guys who have reached 100,000pts, how many hours do you think its taken? Im currently at just over 50,000pts but with work I am only managing to get to play about an hour a day?
I'd like to be one of the first 20 past the post but how long thats going to take I don't know.

to get 100000? A month, of about 2/3hrs a day......more at the weekends (one Sunday, I did the Nurb 24 in one sitting). Then it took another month to get the last 11725. I think I might be abnormal, though.

Moloch_horridus
And with a 100% win ratio 👍 you must have spent more time resetting than you did playing! (j/k).

Now you just need to polish off those other 60 odd gold licenses. That shouldn't cause you too much grief with a record like that.

Got all my golds this weekend! It was not very hard, not as hard as it was getting bronze ect at the start of the game.

I think getting 200 point races helped my driving! :)

slotcarrod
Got all my golds this weekend! It was not very hard, not as hard as it was getting bronze ect at the start of the game.

I think getting 200 point races helped my driving! :)

I did it the same way. I didn't seriously go for golds until I reached 100,000 A-Specs. It did seem a lot easier after driving all those cars on N3's, using ballast, etc..

wongb18c
100,000 aspec points.... do you have a life?

Yes I have a life!

Wife :drool: (the best, lets me play GT4), 2 kids, 1 cat, nice job, house in Canada and Jamaica, Toyota Four Runner & Corolla, my XR650R :nervous: , lots of toys like full blown race type rc cars, over 1000 Aurora slotcars from the 60's to the early 80's and a nice track :drool: . OH YES! GT1,2,3 and 4. :)

I love my life! If you cant have fun, what is there in life?

You should try getting max points, it is a ton of fun and it gets the blood pumping! 👍

I think I can safely conclude that I will make the 100,000 Club but well never be a member of the much more exclusive 111,000 Club due mostly to a lack of skill (111,814 just doesn't make for a good name, sorry). I am wondering what those who are in it consider to be the hardest maximum a-spec events. My nominations to date would have to include:

- Tourist Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I will never get more than 190 here
- Elise Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I have tried many times for 199 points and get close but never quite there, and for only 199!!
- the 1 Series Trophy for 200 and the Crossfire Trophy for 182 would also be pushing it just a bit far for my meagre skills
- almost anything at Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II - only decent fun I have had here was in the 206 Cup.

I am guessing that both the World Classic Car Series and the World Compact Car Race may be somewhere near the top of the list as well.

Latest Posts

Back