100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Currently on target for 110,000+ but it is really starting to wear me down, if only I could just enter some races in a car and not care about the a-spec points - what a relief that would be!

I have been using the 787B - although I stupidly replaced the oil. I am getting caned - might just see what completely stock settings do and then give up if that doesn't work - will try with the R390 later.

I have serious problems with using that Suzuki thingy for the JGTC - just doesn't feel right. So I will have to use one of the GT300 cars which could be a bit more tricky.

Just had a look at extreme hall - the races are much shorter that I had expected - still, I have previewed the real circuit tours a couple of times and after the GTWC I am not too keen on getting into that series - but the Dream Car Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars, and Premium Sports Lounge should be ok for 5,000. About 900 points in short enduros.

If I can get 199 points for each the 96 races I have left I will crack 110,000. The remaining 1,111 all has to come from races I have already done and they are few and far between.

BTW: have got some comments on the FAQ, I just have not managed to send them yet - I am hoping to have more time to look at them soon.

I now think the max points for the North American version of GT4 is 111,807. Copen will give no more than 164, that's 6 points and one odd point in midget!

Anyone in the U.S.A. or Canada get 166 points in the Copen race???

Moloch_horridus
I have been using the 787B - although I stupidly replaced the oil. I am getting caned - might just see what completely stock settings do and then give up if that doesn't work - will try with the R390 later.

Getting caned? You mean you're struggling to win with it? I recall winning HK was a major pain but if I had qualified it would have been very easy. And if that's a struggle just use the Chapparal 2J or some JGTC500 w/a T3 and maxed DF (e.g. the Motul). Same plan goes for All Stars and Real Circuits.

Moloch_horridus
I have serious problems with using that Suzuki thingy for the JGTC - just doesn't feel right. So I will have to use one of the GT300 cars which could be a bit more tricky.

I agree, it's kind of cheap. Not RAM cheap but...
Don't worry, the Wedsport can win the series without much issue. I used the Altezza except for 2 or 3 races. If you want to be adventurous try the Amemiya RX-7.

Moloch_horridus
BTW: have got some comments on the FAQ, I just have not managed to send them yet - I am hoping to have more time to look at them soon.

cool!

jdw
Getting caned?
Flogged, whipped, hit with a big stick.

Did much better on Speedway last night but just couldn't outrun the pesky Pesckys - am going to finish the series and then go back and pick a lineup which cars that pit occassionally.

Honk Kong was easy after qualifying first but the R92CP was making up 6 seconds a lap for the last 3 because my tyres were almost glowing red and there was no way I was going to stop - still managed to win by around 11 secs. Very nice car that 787B - am very keen to see how it handles Suzuka.

Hi everyone, I have now passed 70,000 points so the quest continues... On the positive side I am now driving a lot of cars for the first time, and/or would never have tried, and that IMO that is the best reason for doing this. Think it will be awhile yet before I hit 100K what with work, family etc, but I intend to get there even though I will not Apec a few enduros and the F1GTWC.

The French Champs looks hard so I've left that alone for now - may even reduce my aim to 100-150pts for those races and then move on, but so far focussing on 200pts per race. I still have GTWC, All Stars and Real circuits to do so thanks (JDW) for the tips above.

regards

Steven

StevenDunn99
Hi everyone, I have now passed 70,000 points so the quest continues... On the positive side I am now driving a lot of cars for the first time, and/or would never have tried, and that IMO that is the best reason for doing this. Think it will be awhile yet before I hit 100K what with work, family etc, but I intend to get there even though I will not Apec a few enduros and the F1GTWC.

The French Champs looks hard so I've left that alone for now - may even reduce my aim to 100-150pts for those races and then move on, but so far focussing on 200pts per race. I still have GTWC, All Stars and Real circuits to do so thanks (JDW) for the tips above.

regards

Steven

Good point Steven, on driving many cars that you would not normaly drive. I found the BMW M-Coupe to be one of those cars and WOW! When it's tuned what a fun car, even with old oil and ballast. Going against an M5, M3 and CSL what a challenge. I do some races over again and again for max points, it's fun!

Good luck on the other 30K! 👍

StevenDunn99
Everyone seems to have a series that they try and avoid - for me it was the Alpine Cup. The first time I tried to drive that car - the 310 - (I think I must have been using S2/S2 - whatever comes with the car anyway) I could not control it at all - any steering input would cause this filthy pig to loose the rear end in uncontrollable oversteer. That was on my first save (that was stolen).

Second time through I was after a-spec points and so put N1/N3 on :odd: :embarrassed: :cool: you really can turn a pigs ear into a silk purse! Lovely car, I was so happy. Breezed through the series for 200 points a pop.

The point being that the 310 is one car that can get 200 points in the French Chamionship - it is not the one I used - I will look it up tonight - but it should not be a problem. You do need to be careful to pick the right lineup though - it is crucial.

Do not accept any Citroens - they are all rubbish. The top of the line Clio is too fast.

The Hommel Berlinette can be beaten and is a good source of a-spec points - just make sure you qualify in front of it - if you can qualify on your first full lap and then quit you may even find it in 3rd or 4th - very handy. It will give you grief at Le Sarthe - that is the hardest race in this series imo.

Use Wild_Cobra's list to determine the best lineup and find it - well worth the effort.

Moloch_horridus
Everyone seems to have a series that they try and avoid - for me it was the Alpine Cup. The first time I tried to drive that car - the 310 - (I think I must have been using S2/S2 - whatever comes with the car anyway) I could not control it at all - any steering input would cause this filthy pig to loose the rear end in uncontrollable oversteer. Use Wild_Cobra's list to determine the best lineup and find it - well worth the effort.

I put such a wild -ve camber on my A310 you could see it in the static shots I did! The A110 handles better, especially on the rally stages.

How close are you Molluch? :)

Moloch_horridus
The point being that the 310 is one car that can get 200 points in the French Chamionship - it is not the one I used - I will look it up tonight - but it should not be a problem. You do need to be careful to pick the right lineup though - it is crucial.

/QUOTE]

Aah, so like World Classics I need to search for a good line up ? Thanks.
I started GTWC last night (after which I will have completed Prof Hall) with a 787B + R1s + 160 ballast (why did I renew the oil before I started this quest?) v line up #1. Won Tokyo, Speedway (wall riding the sharp turn - :guilty: ) and Le Capitan, used NOS on the grid. I hope the same pattern continues ie the cars in front pit and I do not.

I like the 787B, good top speed and handles sweet once the tyres start to go green, but I kept the TCS at 5, higher than I usually do.

Steven

Woo hoo - finally made it :cool: :cheers:

100,389 at 90.8% complete (still have 52 events I have not entered). Crossed the mark after the last race of the Dreamcar championship in the M3 GTR Race Car - definitely an undervalued car - won every race (except Test Course and Le Sarthe with ease. Won at Le Sarthe but had to block on the straights and then was able to get away on the twisty bits. Test Course - I had to go back and use NOS :yuck: 🤬 , I could keep up but could not pass the lead car, whether it was a GT Ford or a Zonda, as soon as I pulled out of the slipstream I was hit with a wall of air that the BMW could not push through.

Will try and post some proof later in the week.

BTW - for the French Championship I used the Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe.

Impressive Moloch. I can't believe there's still 50-odd to go! I'm at 91% as we speak, and I'm sure there's less than that! Oh well, you've obviously counted them. Keep on keeping on...

FastEddie12
Impressive Moloch. I can't believe there's still 50-odd to go! I'm at 91% as we speak, and I'm sure there's less than that! Oh well, you've obviously counted them. Keep on keeping on...
I have been keeping track of my points in a spreadsheet for yonks so I know exactly how many races I have done and how many to go.

There are 523 races and 34 missions so 10% of the game is around 55 events as you would expect - its not that many really, 10 x 5 race series, etc.

Additional worthless statistics from my spreadsheet:
471 races completed
Average a-spec per event 195.1
2 events <60 points and another 1 less than 100; I have 33 events where I have not gotten maximum points.

I have got all the points from all possible events at:
Suzuka East
Twin Ring Motegi East
Twin Ring Motegi West
Apricot Hill Raceway
Deep Forest
Grand Valley East
Midfield
Trial Mountain
Clubman Stage Route 5
Driving Park: Beginner Course

I have gotten all the points but still have races left at:
Circuit de la Sarthe II
Fuji Speedway 2005 F
Fuji Speedway 2005 GT
Fuji Speedway 90's
Infineon Stock Car Course
Twin Ring Motegi
Grand Valley Speedway
High Speed Ring
New York
Driving Park: Test Course

I have not been able to get all the points from (* = probably can):
Autumn Ring
Autumn Ring Mini
Côte d'Azur*
Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II
El Capitan*
Fuji Speedway 80's
Hong Kong
Infineon Sports Car Course
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring Nordschleife*
Opera Paris
Seattle Raceway
Seoul Central
Special Stage Route 5?
Suzuka
Tokyo R246?
Tsukuba
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Congrats Moloch. I am currently doing the Dream Car Champs (to finish Extreme Hall) as well, and with the BMW GTR Race Car. Used the Nardo? for the test course. Thought 6 x 'dream' cars doing 27 laps of the beginner course was a bit Mickey Mouse though. Thanks for the French tip, that will be up next to close off European Hall.

regards

Steven

Could someone with 100,000 Aspec points take a screenshot of their driver's appearance in an open car? I read that his overalls and helmet get more sponsors and colors as the points increase?

Well, well, sorry for not updating the list to the deserving new entrants - congratulations, RIGESP, TigJackson and Moloch_Horridus - You're in!
Also sorry for the Midget related chaos I caused (Those affected know what I mean)

66= :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Oh, and the overalls? I never noticed any change, but I can't remember how they started out, so I might have just missed it!

Congrats again, anybody else nearly there?

Congrats to all the new members. I don't spend as much time here anymore, but I always check this thread to see where people are at. Nothing against what other people are doing in GT4, but in my opinion this group is the most dedicated!

Gentry Coach
Nothing against what other people are doing in GT4, but in my opinion this group is the most dedicated!
I suppose that I am doubly dedicated as I finally managed to achieve my second goal....10,000 B-Spec Points!
attachment.php

Attachments

• GT41000K.jpg
    GT41000K.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 634
TigJackson
I suppose that I am doubly dedicated as I finally managed to achieve my second goal....10,000 B-Spec Points!
attachment.php

Hey Tony! That's sweet! 👍

You wrecked your 100 WR! :banghead: Now you need all the cars. :)

route_66
Now that's a nice status screen. And a lot of zero's. Solid work.

I was hoping to get this exact screen when I approached the 100,000 A-Spec Points barrier. Getting the final two (2) B-Spec points that I was missing was probably the most frustrating aspect of my quest.

I am (almost) completely satisfied with this status screen, and the only thing that I intend to change on this game is the A-Spec Mileage and the number of cars that I own.

Sweet TigJackson 👍 . I did the B-Spec method using the four cars on certain tracks but I came up short with 9984. I have been too lazy (frustrated?) to go back and find the other 16 points yet. I've been testing all my cars on 16 different tracks for best lap times so that has kept me quite busy lately. I will go back someday and get those other B-Specs though. It is kind of bugging me, as there aren't many who have 100,000 A-Spec and 10,000 B-Spec (and 80 golds of course).

StevenDunn99
Reached 100,000 (exactly) Aspec points last night and happy to join the club. What next ? Maybe max B-spec.

Steven

100,000 is easy :sly: why not try for more :)

Seriously well done 👍 👍

Maxing out the B-spec and then the staus screen looks perfect could be the next move. I did not find B-spec enjoyable in any way at all, the only reason i did it was to max out my stats. I still have not used B-spec for a proper race and do not think i ever will, i do not see the point in buying a game to let the playstation play it for you.

Back