African-Americans in Racing

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 38 comments
VNAF Ace
lester.384.jpg

Where are the chrome 22" spinners?

I know i'll get lynched (perhaps the wrong phrase) in such positive thread, but i couldn't resist it.

I love all types of racing. I even watch lawnmower racing, for it's high intensity haha. Anyway beign part black, i would love to see more black people in racing. But if it never comes about im not going to cry over it. I'm happy with the few drivers we have. Look at Bubba Stewart. He dominates supercross, and motorcross which is thought of as a "white" sport. It's just a matter of time before we see black people competing in Moto Gp, 24 Hours of Lemans, Indy, World of Outlaws, F1, etc. NASCAR needs to stop making such a big issue about this. Just be patient, and wait it out.

?whygostraight?
I love all types of racing. I even watch lawnmower racing, for it's high intensity haha. Anyway beign part black, i would love to see more black people in racing. But if it never comes about im not going to cry over it. I'm happy with the few drivers we have. Look at Bubba Stewart. He dominates supercross, and motorcross which is thought of as a "white" sport. It's just a matter of time before we see black people competing in Moto Gp, 24 Hours of Lemans, Indy, World of Outlaws, F1, etc. NASCAR needs to stop making such a big issue about this. Just be patient, and wait it out.

im not african american, but ill wait with my m8... :)

thatll be awesome when it happens tho

African-American is so stupid. I hate people who abuse the term over here. Black people born in america are black americans, they're not from Africa or anything.

That being said, I laugh at the only black guy in Nascar driving the Waste Management car. He's a pretty cool guy, though. I respect him.

Omnis
African-American is so stupid. I hate people who abuse the term over here. Black people born in america are black americans, they're not from Africa or anything.

That being said, I laugh at the only black guy in Nascar driving the Waste Management car. He's a pretty cool guy, though. I respect him.

Not even black american. Just call me American.

You're still black, though. I have black hair. I'm a black-haired american. It's the equivalent of labeling you as a black-skinned american. Big Deal.

Let us continue any further discussion about this in Swift's new thread in the Opinions forum.

In the amp'd mobile finale at Las Vegas, James "Bubba" Stewart won the final race in Las Vegas. But Ricky Carmichael won the championship. The race was down to Stewart and Carmichael, but Carmichael wins the AMA championship again.

James Stewart is the amp'd mobile World GP Champion. My congratulations to James "Bubba" Stewart. Kind of strange how there are two championships. I can remember when Jeremy McGrath kept winning all kinds of races before Ricky Carmichael began his dominance in American motocross.

Ricky Carmichael won the AMA Championship over J. Stewart by 2 points. James "Bubba" Stewart won the World GP over R. Carmichael by 15 points.

Back