How would you rate this race ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
Again a race car/fast track combo results in more submissions than usual. It's a pity that PAL and NTSC versions of the game do not feature the same car, and the results are certainly biased. Congrats anyway to all those who raced and enjoyed it. 👍 👍 👍
I mention in the results which version (NTSC or PAL) has been used. I know it for most of the racers, and for the others... er, I guessed. Just tell me if I'm wrong.

Week 51 Results :
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car '02 @ El Capitan reverse

WRS51R.jpg

A replay is requested from all gold times in all divisions.
® indicates that a replay has been provided and needs to be checked.
gflag.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
yflag.gif
shows that the replay was doubftul but yet the lap was accepted.
rflag.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty.
bflag.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Division 1 :
  1. 1'24.687 - icemanshooter23 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  2. 1'24.793 - FASJ6418 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  3. 1'25.156 - holl01 (PAL)
    gflag.gif

1'25.500 ----- Gold
  4. 1'25.681 - jmgyro (NTSC)
  5. 1'26.202 - SHigSpeed (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  6. 1'26.262 - Toffe (PAL)
  7. 1'26.449 - Casio (PAL)
  8. 1'26.617 - shockwaveracing (PAL)
  9. 1'26.823 - MisterWeary (PAL)
    gflag.gif

1'27.000 ----- Bronze
  10. 1'27.294 - zdenko (PAL)
    gflag.gif
  11. 1'28.127 - VEXD (PAL)
    1'26.451 - Randymcchickenf (PAL) : missed deadline
Division 2 :
  1. 1'26.316 - Clemi_uk (PAL)
    gflag.gif
  2. 1'26.342 - celeron_266 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  3. 1'26.372 - Smallhorses (NTSC)
    gflag.gif

1'26.500 ----- Gold
  4. 1'26.589 - KLR142 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  5. 1'27.491 - NielsG (PAL)
    gflag.gif
  6. 1'27.998 - bleurabbit7 (NTSC)
  7. 1'28.058 - Drew22 (NTSC)
  8. 1'28.681 - jake73 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  9. 1'29.479 - quati (NTSC)
  10. 1'29.499 - dustdriver (PAL)
  11. 1'29.627 - GT Pro (NTSC)
    1'30.000 ----- Bronze
  12. 1'30.024 - oldphart (NTSC)
  13. 1'30.222 - s00zster (PAL)
  14. 1'30.727 - Flat-out (PAL)
  15. 1'32.043 - Ballstothewall (PAL)
Division 3 :
  1. 1'28.955 - Laurence5905 (NTSC)
    gflag.gif

1'30.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1'30.148 - AngelCreator (NTSC)
    gflag.gif
  3. 1'30.188 - bigrew (PAL)
  4. 1'32.968 - hucker696 (NTSC)
    1'33.000 ----- Bronze
  5. 1'33.060 - z-reserve (NTSC)
  6. 1'34.075 - StevenDeRuig (PAL)
    1'28.724 - Filizola (NTSC)
    bflag.gif
    : no replay device

Replay posting :
Feel free to upload your replay in this thread even if you're not requested to do so.
Please post your replay before the end of the next week-end so that everything can be checked before the next race ends.

-----------------------------------oOo-----------------------------------
Acceptable Use Policy | Terms of Service | Weekly Race Series

Woohoo! 1st post & 1st replay! And another podium!
Good close racing in Div2 guys,:eek: look forward to seeing your replays too! 👍
Especially looking forward to seeing icemanshooter23's scorcher!
Where he found almost 2 full seconds on me here I can't even begin to imagine! Top job Ben! :drool:

Attachments

• WRS Week 51 1min26.372.max
    25.7 KB · Views: 18
BooYah!! My first Gold time!!! :D And I was faster than 12 other drivers, including almost HALF the Div. 2 drivers! Wow!! WRS really does improve your skills if you practice... Can't believe I scored so well... Only 0.231 seconds away from 1st place in Div. 3 -- I thought Filizola was going to kill my time with his awesome splits during the week... I was MUCH faster from T2 to the end than I'd thought!

Here's my replay. (NTSC Format)
View attachment 28.955.max

EDIT: What determines who get's a "podium?"

This was a really fun race, when I started it I thought it was too fiddly to get a good lap but after a while it grew on me 👍 Here's my replay.

Attachments

• 26.823.max
    23.1 KB · Views: 15
Congrats to all the podiums. :cheers:

Great combo, Cyril. 👍 I'm glad the power came down. Made the ride a real pleasure.

To bad with the doubt about the car. :ill: Good thing is that we soon need a revenge race at El Capitan. ;)

My PAL replay:

Attachments

• NielsG WRS51Fairlady LM@El Cap Rev 1.27.491.max
    21 KB · Views: 16
ahh...2nd place...guess my third section still a bit too slow...oh well...there will always be next time

will post replay after i get back home from work

[edit] nice work clemi and smallhorses!

Guess I was right, I should have put a lot more time into this!:indiff:

Congrats to all, as usual!👍

Wow that NTSC/PAL divide is quite noticable.:eek:

Neil

Congrats to all! I'm pretty happy to participate for the first time in the WRS. I'm happy with the result and am looking forward for this week's event, as it is yet another challenge of different nature. :)

Great race. We need more like this. here's my replay:

Attachments

• wk51-jake73.max
    26.3 KB · Views: 15
Flat-out
C'est corrigé ;)

Laurence : I don't get your question about podiums :confused:

Well, look at what Smallhorses said:

Smallhorses
Woohoo! 1st post & 1st replay! And another podium!

What does he mean by "another podium?" He didn't come in 1st in his division, so that can't be it... I just don't understand why he gets a podium, or even really what a podium is in this context...

Oh, hey, before I forget!!!

Congrats Ben on your first WRS (GT4) win! Great showing. I'm glad you were able to pip Francisco to get it. Not that I wish ill to fasj, but it's nice to have another first time winner in the mix... Welcome to the "club" man!

-SHig

Amazing times as usual guys. Clemi_uk, celeron_266 and Smallhorses fighting down to the micro seconds there. :scared: Great battles. Filizola and Laurence5905, fast times guys. Keep it up. 👍

Great race Cyril, had a good time with this one. I wish I could race more WRS's but often I just don't get the spare time.

Replay is attached, hopefully its the right one.

Attachments

• 97328_9771_GRAN_TURIS.max
    22.7 KB · Views: 18
Here we go my replay for my worst wrs week

Now i'm of to do my jgtc quilifying

Attachments

• Week51NissanFairladyZ.max
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
Wow, we've got some SPEEEEEEEEEEEDY newcomers here in D3(meant D2, but there are some quick guys in D3 too!)! Nice jobs guys!
Laurence5905
BooYah!! My first Gold time!!! :D And I was faster than 12 other drivers, including almost HALF the Div. 2 drivers! Wow!! WRS really does improve your skills if you practice... Can't believe I scored so well... Only 0.231 seconds away from 1st place in Div. 3 -- I thought Filizola was going to kill my time with his awesome splits during the week... I was MUCH faster from T2 to the end than I'd thought!
Feels good, don't it! Congrats!
NielsG
Good thing is that we soon need a revenge race at El Capitan. ;)
Neil speaks the truth... 👍 Well, soon as in after you finish all the other races you have in mind there Cyril. We don't want to mess up all your races again and make them get on the waiting list for months on end! :)

Replay will be edited in here soon...

Attachments

• KLR142WK51.max
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
Laurence5905
What does he mean by "another podium?" He didn't come in 1st in his division, so that can't be it... I just don't understand why he gets a podium, or even really what a podium is in this context...
As SHigSpeed answered, you get a podium when you are in the top 3 in your division. Just like in real life. And it does matter a tiny little bit, it's a step forward towards victory :)

AngelCreator
Here is my replay.
Div3, silver, so no replay requested but posted anyway. That deserves a *click*.

KLR142
Well, soon as in after you finish all the other races you have in mind there Cyril. We don't want to mess up all your races again and make them get on the waiting list for months on end!
Actually I have nothing defined for the next weeks.
Weeks 50, 51 and 52 were prepared and ready to be posted since a few weeks, but I had stopped there.
I now have several races in mind, but I still haven't decided what will be posted when.
I was waiting to see which track would be used in the J-GTC series (and I still need to have an idea of what the races length will be), to avoid having too similar races.
For instance I have a 30-minute multilapper ready but the track appears on eatsviper's list so I'll have to test other tracks or to postpone the race in a couple of months.

I use the PAL version, not the NTSC :)
Can you change that, thank you?

I really liked this week. I had alot of fun.

👍 Congrats to all the podium 👍
:eek: some great times 👍
Cyril 👍 once again you've presented a blast to drive combo :cheers:
Knew I need to put more time in on this one, as I was leaving a lot on the table. JGTC testing cut into that. Will edit back in my replay.

Flat-out
Div3, silver, so no replay requested but posted anyway. That deserves a *click*.

I was waiting to see which track would be used in the J-GTC series (and I still need to have an idea of what the races length will be), to avoid having too similar races.
For instance I have a 30-minute multilapper ready but the track appears on eatsviper's list so I'll have to test other tracks or to postpone the race in a couple of months.
How does one check to see if they have any clicks?

And, regarding the JGTC, each race will be between 55-60 minutes for the GT300 cars, and a track listing is here(if you didn't already see it): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2197039&postcount=1

For what it's worth, each track will be spent with us doing one week of mostly qualifying, and another week of racing. 👍

One of the tracks that was left out that is sorely missed is Apricot Hill... Maybe another combo there? Where is the listing that had all the combos that we've run so far go? I kind of want to put something together(if it's not already) that says how many times we've run each track, and in which directions.

KLR142
And, regarding the JGTC, each race will be between 55-60 minutes for the GT300 cars, and a track listing is here(if you didn't already see it): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2197039&postcount=1

For what it's worth, each track will be spent with us doing one week of mostly qualifying, and another week of racing. 👍
I knew that except for the race duration : thanks Kyle.

KLR142
One of the tracks that was left out that is sorely missed is Apricot Hill... Maybe another combo there?
We raced at Apricot Hill in week 26 and at AH reverse in week 44. Autumn Ring will come back earlier ;)

KLR142
Where is the listing that had all the combos that we've run so far go? I kind of want to put something together(if it's not already) that says how many times we've run each track, and in which directions.
The WRS page on the Wiki is not totally up-to-date, but there should be all the info you're looking for.

Back